• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
I'm not talking records through 2 months. That's absurd. The Indians are doing very well and outplaying expectations (and have a better bullpen than us because Perez is a great closer). But come on... I'd love for them to keep it up and have a nice rivalry going down the stretch, but it's not realistic.

Ace Turner

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3540-1026-7348
new here. where/when are upcoming michigan tournaments? my friends and i are having one this saturday in southwest michigan but we're playing with some messed up rules, dunno if anyone's interested.

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
new here. where/when are upcoming michigan tournaments? my friends and i are having one this saturday in southwest michigan but we're playing with some messed up rules, dunno if anyone's interested.

Welcome! There is actually a tournament this Saturday in Livonia called Michigan Masters.

Oblivion i found ur sd card btw, it was in the side of the reclining chair

Thanks! I figured it might have slid out of my pocket when I was sitting there.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm not talking records through 2 months. That's absurd. The Indians are doing very well and outplaying expectations (and have a better bullpen than us because Perez is a great closer). But come on... I'd love for them to keep it up and have a nice rivalry going down the stretch, but it's not realistic.

It's as realistic as the Pistons' rapid and sad decline in basketball. I used to love the big 5 (Wallace x2, Prince, Hamilton, and Billups) but ever since those days, they're just as sad or even sadder than the current Cavs. At least we have Kyrie Irving to look forward to on a nightly basis, Detroit...no one. The Tigers won't be going anywhere, maybe the playoffs but that's about it. Cleveland put it to the Red Sox 12-3 the one night, so we're definitely able to contend on a national scale IF we keep up this consistency at the plate/on the mound (and with this young/strong lineup we've got going...is a very likely possibility).

@ JTsm - I already know over a dozen people that could drink you under the table, three of them being chicks. Bet.

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
It's as realistic as the Pistons' rapid and sad decline in basketball. I used to love the big 5 (Wallace x2, Prince, Hamilton, and Billups) but ever since those days, they're just as sad or even sadder than the current Cavs. At least we have Kyrie Irving to look forward to on a nightly basis, Detroit...no one. The Tigers won't be going anywhere, maybe the playoffs but that's about it. Cleveland put it to the Red Sox 12-3 the one night, so we're definitely able to contend on a national scale IF we keep up this consistency at the plate/on the mound (and with this young/strong lineup we've got going...is a very likely possibility).
lol... The first part of that post made you sound knowledgeable and reasonable. Then you quote what the Indians do on 1 game of 162. And say the Tigers "won't be going anywhere, maybe the playoffs but that's about it". Cuz that makes sense. Best Lineup, best starting rotation (by far on the latter). Next you'll be saying Miguel Cabrera isn't as good a hitter as Asdrubal Cabrera. lol

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
lol... The first part of that post made you sound knowledgeable and reasonable. Then you quote what the Indians do on 1 game of 162. And say the Tigers "won't be going anywhere, maybe the playoffs but that's about it". Cuz that makes sense. Best Lineup, best starting rotation (by far on the latter). Next you'll be saying Miguel Cabrera isn't as good a hitter as Asdrubal Cabrera. lol

Just watch.

@ JTsm - Lol.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Is there anyone besides Ori and ally trying to go to ktar7?

If things turn out alright I'm thinking of driving

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I would like to know if this carpool is real soonish since I was looking to get my plane ticket in the next 2 weeks. Also if it gives incentive, DRDN I will take a few hours behind the wheel if you want.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
First I have to see if I will have the money, and get my oil changed if so Ill be able to drive, I should be able to find out within the week

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Question for you guys. Seeing as I don't really follow the Smash scene much anymore, is Brawl dying or something? That recent Zenith tourney went so far as running Melee, 64, and Project M but no Brawl...

I honestly wouldn't be surprised, especially because Smash 4 is on the horizon, but I'm just curious.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Brawl isn't completely dead I would say it has plateaued, Zenith is traditionally a large national that is Melee focused on the EC. We had a local in Livonia yesterday with 30 entrants and for 15 of them it was their first event. People are just coming and going now a days.

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say it's dead, definitely down from 2012, but it's still alive.
For Brawl singles, Apex 2013 had 338 entrants and Apex 2012 had 400 iirc.

Top Bottom