• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If I didn't have work v_v

Also, since Outrage finally posted Bracket images I'll be updating the spreadsheet.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hey I had a random thought the other day and I think it would be kind of cool. Since MI is starting to take P:M seriously and have it at a majority of tourneys we should look into possibly establishing a rankings for it. Even though I don't play P:M all that much it seems like a really fun idea.

JTsm

Smash Master
We would need to establish more of a community by making more tournies and having more results. West MI was thinking the same thing for just their region, but I think now is a good time to develop. I think rankings are a little too early because the full game hasn't been out yet. Basing rankings off a demo seems a bit silly to me. But if you guys want it, then w/e. lol

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I mean you wouldn't make a ranking list when there have been like 4 or 5 tourneys total? We definitely would need to have more info first.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There are too many factions of PM demographics for there to be any accurate rankings. We'd need results from at least a few big PM tourneys where the top Melee and Brawl players in MI all enter.

Roller

Smash Legend
Like Juggleguy said, there are too many different groups of PM players who don't interact with one another. Any PR for it would be incredibly speculative and based on assumptions.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Does anyone want to get in on running our PR list? I've honestly lost a lot of motivation for it but I feel it is still beneficial to have around if managed by the right people. I'm more focused on other things in life and, in regards to the game, I'll be more focused on bringing some action over to NEOH in the near future (found a great venue finally) so keep your eyes peeled! Anyone with TO experience is welcome and encouraged to help me out and show me the ropes on some important things because I am completely new to the TO side of things (excluding seeding/match calling). Since Tech and Clowsui are both losing their passion for the craft, hopefully I can get a steady influx of strong events going for Ohio and for my Northwestern neighbors as well. I can't promise perfection - but I can promise that I'll keep an open mind and learn whatever I can to make everyone's experience in my neck of the NEOH woods a positive one during each visit.

I love competing against your state's players, so your support would mean a ton. Thanks guys!

Sacredtwin11

Smash Apprentice
Is there going to be a smashfest in Ann Arbor this Saturday? I asked on the previous page and didn't really get an answer.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Harms your font sucks I had to switch back to the black style to see it,

Yeah I still hate these changes, I switched to "blue" which still looks white to me but w/e, and all the yellow and white people are using don't show up well

SoulPech

Smash Master
Does anyone want to get in on running our PR list? I've honestly lost a lot of motivation for it but I feel it is still beneficial to have around if managed by the right people. I'm more focused on other things in life and, in regards to the game, I'll be more focused on bringing some action over to NEOH in the near future (found a great venue finally) so keep your eyes peeled! Anyone with TO experience is welcome and encouraged to help me out and show me the ropes on some important things because I am completely new to the TO side of things (excluding seeding/match calling). Since Tech and Clowsui are both losing their passion for the craft, hopefully I can get a steady influx of strong events going for Ohio and for my Northwestern neighbors as well. I can't promise perfection - but I can promise that I'll keep an open mind and learn whatever I can to make everyone's experience in my neck of the NEOH woods a positive one during each visit.

I love competing against your state's players, so your support would mean a ton. Thanks guys!

ummmmmm

*ahem*

yo KB.

Top Bottom