• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

What's The Point

Smash Master
Cute. Does Kentucky's freeness not give you a stiffy in your Devil's Advocate pants anymore? <3
I rarely ragged on KY and actually said that as a state they were as skilled as MI, up until this year when people in MI really stepped up their game.

i dont really understand what this means. mind explaining?
Ohio is crazy delusional about smash. The quoted part of your post reeked of that.

Also, Zyth. I'll respond to your post as a whole after I finish these last 2 essays I have due tomorrow.
The ****?

But let's keep looking at friendlies, by all means. Let's look at my multiple wins over Ally in friendlies from a few weeks ago, let's look at how I beat Kain in every friendly I went ICs against him in when he was here for PS3, let's talk about how I beat MJG in every friendly we played the weekend of PS3.
I know this is all in response to Zyth but jesus christ stop.

zyth

Smash Lord
roller u vs. me u just said i beat u in pools. and before that u said u have a positive record vs. me. u suck at math apparently. if i beat u in pools and u lost that pools set, i have a positive record over you.

and quit tryin to john about ur loss to ron. u were sandbagging? sounds like someone doesnt want to man up to their loss.

and no u didnt 8-0 my dk at vengeance we only played 3 games, u won one against my dk, i won against u with oli, then i won against u with dk.

and lol to you saying you vs. me then bringin in outside ppl. if it was really u vs. me would u need to talk about other ppl? i didnt think so. because despite how good you do against other people, if you lose to me, thats all that matters in this discussion. but once again, we dont have to worry about friendlies if you dont want to. lets just go with the one match we did in pools where i did infact beat u. i have a positive record vs. u in pools which is a part of tournament.

Ohio is crazy delusional about smash. The quoted part of your post reeked of that.
how am i bein delusional by talking about my wins?

Roller

Smash Legend
I said you did not have a positive record vs my ICs with DK. we're 1-1 in games. Where's your positive record? I never said anything about a positive record. This is where precise usage of grammar and reading comprehension come into play.

That's also not what happened at Vengeance. You definitely said as you were leaving to get up for someone "Well, he won the last like 8 against me. So I'll get up." after winning one with olimar. But again. Friendlies.

Also, bringing in outside people? Didn't you bring Ron in before I mentioned anyone else? I guess turn everything you said against you then...

Here, I am a terrible player. However, I think you are an unfathomably horrible player. With an unearned ego. $100 MM. If you are better than me, take it. If you aren't confident you can beat me, then STFU and stop embarassing yourself.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Kevin I hope you're just generalizing lol, I'm pretty sure I suffer from 0 delusions about my own skill

but that statement might be ironic in and of itself soooo =/

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Actually, MI has improved a great deal guys, but I wouldn't be so content with ragging on Ohio for being delusional among its players. Basically...your state's 1 and 2 ranked players didn't even scratch top 5 at Vengeance (nor did ours, whoever they are atm), your highest placing player (Roller) only placed one spot above our highest placing players (AZ and Tako), your best player Zinoto placed 17th but he gets the benefit of the doubt this time due to lack of experience.

All in all...even with our cream of the crop players gone, we're still able to generally replicate your state's performance at the same regional. And before anyone decides to play the "well Zinoto went toe-to-toe with Kain" card, AZ has beaten Kain. Sneaky is just starting to work his way up (although that will be tested once again in a MK environment), I'm still where I've always been for the most part, Kel is getting MK back, AZ is thinking of becoming active again, Blue Rogue is still around, we're still (collectively) of a respectable caliber of skill/play/performance. Perhaps the talk should cease until some of you actually start making your state's "dominance" unquestionably apparent. Don't get caught up in the hype of your newfound growth and start making premature claims. We've still got some guns you should respect over here.

:phone:

zyth

Smash Lord
thats not gramar usage thats misreading something. but even if we take that away, i have a positive record vs. you.

that was just over exaggerating. we both seem to have a bad memory of this since u seem to think it was 0-8 when i beat u at least 2 times, while i said it was 2-1 but did say that i lost like 8 times.

i brought in ron yes, but you said u vs. me then brought in everybody else. i at least brought in ron for when it was wins/losses in general. u brought in other ppl when u stated Zyth vs. Roller. u do have more impressive wins than me, most of which u said were friendlies so dont matter according to you, but in the end i have a positive record on you in actual tourny sets. those are the only ones that matter right?

i am a bad player compared to the big names, but i dont have a "unearned ego". i joke around when its light conversation, and only talk about my actual wins when im put in the spotlight. i never said anything about being some amazing player that can do anything or anything along those lines, so i dont know where your getting this ego thing from.

I'm confident i can beat you, but with the way my mm with tech turned out i see that BS on the games fault could **** me over, and i said that a match vs. u could go either way. so im not gonna take a chance on a big stakes game. ur lookin more like the arrogant ******* you are with each post u make so you should shut the **** up.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
What is wrong with all of you?

Stop being ****s to each other. Doesn't matter who started it or said what. Quit being women about this game. It's pointless.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
If you read Sarix's post carefully, you'll realize his not being a fan of horror has nothing to do with his having to still see The Hunger Games.

So all in all I'm sorry I compromised to try and help the community.
I wish I could search your posts gio and find something that could be remotely close to helping this state.
how does this have ANYTHING to do with you being a flip-flopper on the mk ban? i play this game for fun, not to increase the size of my e-penis by 'helping this state'. i have a job and am pretty busy. also i honestly dont care enough to invest all that time into doing whatever godly acts that you perform. i picked up brawl cuz i used to hang out with lain a lot, he was my best friend. eventually i stopped getting totally ***** by him and thought it'd be fun going to tournaments. now that he's gone and the MI scene is full of all this drama with almost no skill... tournament seem like a chore :[

also i was close to jv 4 stocking zyth's dk last time i played it in tournament :yeahboi:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Do you practice on wifi at all Gio? I've been in the lab all hardbody and wouldn't mind getting some drills in.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah man, give it a shot. It'll take a bit to adjust but once you do it's a decent source of consistent practice.

Roller

Smash Legend
actually without hearing him say the sentence it could be read either way.
No, there is one correct way to read that sentence. Any other way is an incorrect interpretation of that sentence. Proper grammar allows you to show which way a sentence should be read. This is a prime example of why you need to improve on reading comprehension, so you don't make yourself look like an idiot all the time.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Go to Don't Blink with Gio, people!

You came to like, the worst IL tournament too, Gio. In a cramped basement, random seeding, barely any entrants, and there wasn't even 64 like you went there for.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
The problem with 64 is most TOs say "it'll happen if there's enough interest" which accomplishes nothing in terms of encouraging the 64 players to actually show up.

Roller

Smash Legend
I've only been to 1 IL tourney which I enjoyed, and have been wanting to go back, but MI either has something else those weekends, I have an exam, or nobody with a car wants to go.

I'd be down to go to one in the fall.

Top Bottom