• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
I gotta agree with WTP on that one, lol. Car Grand Finals was hilarious, but... it was the result of running over time by 1.5 hours even without pools o_O

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
It was either WBST 3 or 2 and I'm almost positive it was 3, but Tio crashed and we lost all of singles bracket. And Lain, Omniswell, Vayseth and I had to recreate the bracket.

Also Ham and I are beginning to plot out another Summer Series. The Boat Club is going to be our permanent venue, and we are going to make it a really hype summer. I will be attempting to come up with a witty Title again. It is going to be either an all Smash Series (B,M, 64) or gonna be like BAMF (B,M, MvC3) I will include 64 this time around. I was too getting hyped by seeing it at APEX.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If I do a Brawl, Melee, 64, and UMvC3 series. I'd probably do 64 singles at the same time as Brawl/Melee Doubles and I would do MvC3 at the same time as Brawl/Melee Singles.

Its still in the working process. I'll have more info as time goes on.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
"The much-anticipated sequel "Super Smash Bros. Melee" was released for Gamecube a few years back, and though it's decent enough, fails to live up to the original."[/I]
ahhh so true. i swear it wasnt me. i never play fox or ness. i'd love to body these scrubs he's talking about tho :yeahboi

also LMAO at 'infinite ness combos'

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I dunno, but if this is the Smash 64 article in the Michigan Daily that he wrote and referred to, then I have no respect for him.

"The much-anticipated sequel "Super Smash Bros. Melee" was released for Gamecube a few years back, and though it's decent enough, fails to live up to the original."

... idiot
I remember reading that article in print form. I think Randy (who was my roommate at the time) cut it out and it made its rounds around our hall for a good couple of laughs.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
@ Roller-I'm upset that more people didn't LOL at that Toy Story picture you posted, but I refuse to go back pages and click +quote because I swear I already did that. It made my day.

That spike as godly. TBH the 2nd clip you could have easily killed Falco and lived, but it's good combo material. I'm actually working on making a Wolf combo video and that's definitly going to go in, buuuttttttt I'm sure every other Wolf would say the same thing, you shoulda just double shined and up-b'd safely to the ledge.

when is wolf being banned
Wolf will be banned after they ban the CG.

@ Roller-I'm upset that more people didn't LOL at that Toy Story picture you posted, but I refuse to go back pages and click +quote because I swear I already did that. It made my day.

That spike as godly. TBH the 2nd clip you could have easily killed Falco and lived, but it's good combo material. I'm actually working on making a Wolf combo video and that's definitly going to go in, buuuttttttt I'm sure every other Wolf would say the same thing, you shoulda just double shined and up-b'd safely to the ledge.

Wolf will be banned after they ban the CG.
yoooo that was 2-years old, and it looked sick, and I had 2 stocks, and he had 1. Put it in anyways imo.

And that was Notra's Falco, for any who were wondering.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
WHOBO 4 online registration is LIVE. In order to attend WHOBO 4, you MUST register online. If you don't, you will not be seeded for any event and the venue fee will jump to 50$. Full details/instructions can be found on the OP of the WHOBO 4 thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317496

Online registration ENDS on July 31st 2012 so please register asap. I will provide weekly attendance updates and post them on the WHOBO 4 thread.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
WOW can we spam a little bit more obnoxiously while we're at it? Don't you know you're supposed to add maybe 100 blank lines to the end and then a :yeahboi:. Maybe you needed more of the same link in a row. Or maybe they should've been bigger. Or red. I'm not sure BOLD was used when appropriate. Nor UNDERLINED ITALICS.
And there wasn't any use of strikethrough nor spoilers

Maybe you should learn to... oh, I don't know. Maybe be reasonable with your advertising instead of douchey?

:yeahboi:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
why would you do a safe kill option, when you are up 2 stocks to 1, and you can suicide kill? And to style like that on Notra.. My God. Wolf IS broken.
Because Falco could have tech'd it and lived, CG'd Wolf at 0 to spike death. This is 2009 when people didn't know how to tech the falco spike. Teching has been in forever.

Roller

Smash Legend
It was not. I guess it was just assumed people checked the tourney listings.

Good call though.

TOs, MAKE SURE TO POST A LINK TO TOURNEY THREADS HERE WHEN YOU MAKE THE OP.

Okay he *could* have teched it then CG-spiked me when I tespawned, but then I *could* have etched the CG spike and proceeded to kill him, also 2 shines is much less hype then shine doble wall spike suicide kill.

And it was Notra.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
nonononono....

back in 2009 no one knew that Wolf could tech the spike.....Back in 2009 Falco-Wolf was 70-30 Falco.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Dan, I saw you in the EECS building today, but unfortunately could not get your attention to say hi due to the 50,000,000 people flailing around in the hallway.

Top Bottom