• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

lol tutu's definition wasnt quite correct. a spike isnt an auto-kill. i think what he meant is when you get hit by a spike you are subject to the entire hit stun of the move. with meteor smashes, you can cancel the hitstun if you time up B or jump or something correctly. they make no sense to me, since you cant do that with any other moves. what is it about moves that send you downwards that makes it so you should be able to cancel their hitstun???

examples of spikes: anything in 64 (lol), marth's dair in melee, falco's dair

meteor smashes: mario's fair in melee, anything in brawl (lol)

also she aint even close, clearly trolling :denzel:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You can cancel both the hitstun and the downward knockback of a meteor through meteor recovery. Moves that send (before DI) between two certain angles qualify as meteors. Falco's dair, Marth's dair, certain parts of Captain Falcon's dair, and Ganondorf's Wizard Foot happen to not be within those angles, which is why they don't count as meteors even though they definitely send quite heavily downward. Also, Doctor Mario's fair counts as a meteor even though it never actually meteors, and you can't meteor cancel it since it never sends downward.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
(melee) BANZ FOCKS HE IZ SO BROKEN AND HAS NO BAD MATCHUPS SO LETS ***** ABOUT HIM AND BAN HIM

im starting to hate the brawl community now

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
(melee) BANZ FOCKS HE IZ SO BROKEN AND HAS NO BAD MATCHUPS SO LETS ***** ABOUT HIM AND BAN HIM

im starting to hate the brawl community now
Fox is, in fact, so broken, that he has won the following national-level tournaments:

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
^tech chase will

this ban made me laugh <3

rip michigan is soooo right

the brawl scene will die after this. With the new smash right around the corner after that ban date, the mk players/against ban players will just quit until the next smash game. The old people who quit because of mk wont come back, theres no point. i dont see what there is to gain but either way i dont really care.

even if fox were broken in melee, which he isnt, there isnt enough estrogen in the community like there is for brawl for a ban to occur. Example: 64

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
^tech chase will

this ban made me laugh <3

rip michigan is soooo right

the brawl scene will die after this. With the new smash right around the corner after that ban date, the mk players/against ban players will just quit until the next smash game. The old people who quit because of mk wont come back, theres no point. i dont see what there is to gain but either way i dont really care.

even if fox were broken in melee, which he isnt, there isnt enough estrogen in the community like there is for brawl for a ban to occur. Example: 64
Different games are different...

And actually no you are wrong, most mk players already have a different character to fall back on. More people will be re joining the community. Yes a few will leave but that is up to them. Before making assumptions please read around the forum. The brawl scene wont die at all, I believe it is a step forward.

Stop being so full of yourself, you say that you don't care yet why are you ranting?

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
MI Brawl 2012: Return of the MI Snakes?

Or just let :marth: be the new MK

But yeah, i guess i officially main :falco: now sinced MK is banned which leads me to no secondary.

Plus my Marth is free

:phone:

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
MI Brawl 2012: Return of the MI Snakes?

Or just let :marth: be the new MK

But yeah, i guess i officially main :falco: now sinced MK is banned which leads me to no secondary.

Plus my Marth is free

I feel like you're just bandwagoning with the melee players thinking banning a character is bad for no reason other than it hasn't happened before. And I don't see how the MK ban forces you to main Falco. btw, I second MK and don't want him banned. But in the end, I don't care either way.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I'm not bandwagoning at all. I just think the ban MK bandwagon is annoying and stupid and people just don't know how to deal with it.

To be honest, I don't even see what's so "broken" about MK anyway

fZk

Smash Lord
Uhh they actually did it. Not sure how I feel about it. Even though I believed MK was a problem and heavily skewed the game I wish they had first experimented with a conservative stagelist by banning some of the stages where MK has a big advantage, like Rainbow and Brinstar.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Prepare Michigan players, for my Peach will now be returning in full force alongside my Marth and I will be going up in DAT ***!!!

No more shall I be filtered out a bracket prematurely. Hehe

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm excited, I hate to admit it, but I am a MK main and though I'm not 100% pro ban, I am intrigued as to how MI will "evolve." When I joined The MI scene in 2008, there was so much character diversity, everyone became known for them playing that character. As MI moved into late '10/'11, MI began to realize MK's dominance and we gradually all switched. I feel like we CAN grow, and this negative feedback is what prevents growth.

Marco, if you want to prove to us that the ban wasn't correct, play that wario of yours, place well and prove that we were wrong.

Also Apasher, you shouldn't be quick to judge. you are still learning about both games. You shouldn't be that quick to judge especially since you haven't been around long.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'd still way rather have Brinstar banned. But whatever.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TOMORROW? I say let's play at Kevin's, and Gifts/Tech come, and DRDN+any players by you that want to come with, come.

ALSO. Shoutouts to Steak and Shake tonight. We roll in 11 smashers deep. All of us walk out of there two hours later having eaten nothing but our drinks/shakes. I have no idea why it's so hard to make a couple burgers...

Top Bottom