• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Fine, but I ban Pikachu

btw... me KOH and Chad will be playing at Mason tonight around 8pm, you should come so we can settle our 5-to-1 MM, Gio

EDIT: moose also confirmed for the smashfest

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
c-c-c-c-combo breaker

Anyone in AA up for Smash tonight? Mason fest is happening in a few mins w/ me, Mark, HarmS, Chad, KOH, and possibly Gio

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Smash is starting to piss me off.

I can't improve, can't find ways to mix up my approach, I let people hit me, I can't punish approaches and I do the same thing every goddamn time.

Even LOE1 just said that I'm bad.

I think I should just stop playing just because of how garbage I am.

:phone:

What's The Point

Smash Master
I now live in Plymouth.

Apasher, I'm going to suggest going to the next tournament you can, don't enter, and try and play as many friendlies as you can with people who will give you advice.

Also be less negative. Every post I see you make is more about how you aren't good, as opposed to how you'd like to do better. Trying to help a downer isn't fun.

Roller

Smash Legend
Apasher, I'd be more than happy to help you out once I'm back in MI. You know I'm always down to play friendlies at tourneys, and if you ask for help in whatever area, I'll do my best to give you advice on things you can do differently.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Apasher, if everyone subscribed to the logic of "I'm bad at X so I should just quit X", then no one would have the right to do anything (with very few exceptions). All that being bad means is just that you just need to get better. Quitting cause you're bad isn't even a valid option for quitting. You know what they say, "A miracle isn't something you sit around waiting for God to make; it's something born from a human's need for something that most consider impossible."

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
I would definitely say for now apasher don't play to win... play to learn... there is a big difference between the two and once you learn to stop caring so much about your skill level and winning, you will improve much faster. Who cares who you lose to or considers you bad? Unless you are used to making dat money at the tourney don't worry about winning.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
apasher, it took the jews a really long time to escape slavery from the egyptians!!! if they can be patient so can you.

Cant argue with that **** logic.

also you should be taking the "i **** you approach." aka the omniswell approach. Just say youre going to **** your opponent in the *** right to their face and make loud obnoxious noises as you use wario. He told me this was the secret and I truly beleive it.

But actually dont listen to me for advice. I lost to ori bro :yeahboi:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
There is some truth to that advice, though, as the only way you're gonna win if you think you're gonna get ***** is if you're so much better that your self-negativity doesn't matter.

Top Bottom