• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Sonic In The Area

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah... I might be. I just know that I am almost undoubtedly in the Top 5 best Sonic's in Texas. I really hope any of those places I applied for hire me so I can start affording tournies. Then there may be a new Sonic in Texas to be reckoned with in the competitive scene.
I counterpick Sheik in match-ups where I can't do enough to them with Sonic. I don't really counterpick Sheik against any certain characters, just certain playstyles that I have trouble with. I main Sonic, and usually go straight up Sonic 95% of the time. (Melee just made me too reliant on those amazing needles.)
I don't think there's five Sonics in Texas.

1. Espy
2. Mr. 3000
3. Khaoz
4. Catt

That's all I know of who mains Sonic in tournaments.

But yeah, I'm not saying you're not reliable, but you haven't been to any tournaments or the like. Kinda hard to say you're the best without results to back up the claim.

Catt

Smash Apprentice
I don't think there's five Sonics in Texas.

1. Espy
2. Mr. 3000
3. Khaoz
4. Catt

That's all I know of who mains Sonic in tournaments.

But yeah, I'm not saying you're not reliable, but you haven't been to any tournaments or the like. Kinda hard to say you're the best without results to back up the claim.
Oh no, I agree with you, I have lots of room to improve, I know that. I can't wait to actually go to tournament's on a semi-regular basis. Really all I can learn now is from practice at tournies and working on improving a few strategies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Oh no, I agree with you, I have lots of room to improve, I know that. I can't wait to actually go to tournament's on a semi-regular basis. Really all I can learn now is from practice at tournies and working on improving a few strategies.
Then that's settled. Can't wait to see your name popping up soon in results.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So yeah, forget anything I said that might've hinted that I'm good.

X is like Kinzer 2.0.

Browny

Smash Hater
In case you dont see the visitor message, I can play from about 7pm - 10:30pm melbourne time every day (Includes today :)) and all day weekends.

I'm the best Brawl player where I am; No problem. Even the best comp (my best friend) has been becoming much easier then ever. Tournaments are non existent where I am, and the smash community is very small, so we keep each other sharp. He's probably reading my posts too... sorry buddy. He uses toon link and olimar, so he's not the hardest of folks.

Trillion

Smash Ace
I have a horrible time with Olimar. He is on my list of characters that I hate fighting against with sonic. Olimar, MK, ROB, and Toon Link are all sooo hard for me.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
@Malcolm - These kind of threads attract EVERYBODY.

oh hai, mah name is sawnikwinner92 an i am da best sawnik around!1

JK at any random posters, just making a point, lol :D

:093:

Olimar is annoying to fight, but I reckon because his recoveries a tether, I take advantage of that as best I can. I can't say it works much of the time, and I can't point out any strategies I use against him... except rarely spin him, unless its a surprise tactic, cause his pikmen ruin it. But thats common knowledge I'm sure. I just can't really say anything... except play it smart, not always fast, cause you might just be running into trouble.

Edit: Toon Link isn't that hard. He is small and fast, but its hard to have a speed advantage against the fastest thing alive (except brawl attack speed :( ) His sword range and power is to small to really worry about.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
What was the last tournament 3k was in?

We haven't been hearing anything or seeing any results in a loong time.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
A lot of people are saying Olimar is just a hard fight for Sonic... granted, I got ruined by one at the tourney (WTF, his DSmash hits me one way, and I get sent the opposite way?!), but on a good day, won't all of Sonic's attacks just cut through pikmin that aren't colored purple?

Besdies that, olimar only has 3 angles to cover, which to do that require some commitement, and if Sonic is staying away from Olimar not to get hit, won't he be able to attack from any of Olimar's other vulnerable points?

I guess I need to fight better Olimars, seeing as how Fino apparently doesn't count.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That's what I'm saying kid, Fino should be one of the best Olimars the world has to offer, and yet we went more or less neutral... I really must've had a bad day that one Saturday... Then again, it was done on Lag-Fi and even though it was a good connection, things can get deterriorated.

Regardless, you just have to play Olimar moreorless like a MK, just be patient and strike at the opportune moments.

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
The only other standout Sonic in my state in Mr. 3000...
So yeah...I kinda gotta outdo him.

2nd best in the Southwest sounds close, and I'm sure 2nd Best Sonic in Texas is about right...

Even though there are only two standout Sonic mains in the region... >_<
Yeah, you and 3k definitely have TX and the SW on lock.

I'll catch up to you two one day. :)

I'm not good in Sonic dittos, but I'm pretty sure I'm ONE OF the best Sonics in Texas, can't say exactly how good though since I don't have the money to go to tournies.... but hopefully I'll get a job soon and that'll change.
DUDE! you're from Flower Mound? Come to the PBT tourneys.Money? Start coming to the Dallas Smash fests!

You gotta help me rep sonic in the north Texas region!:sonic:

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is serious stuff... I can beat FAT's Oli with Sonic ONLY... If try with another character I get owned. I always kill the pikmen with smashes, approach and rack up damage with Bair when he use side B and smashes, finally Bair gimp him and grab the edge. Hard but it works for me a lot.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I believe you have competition with Malcolm, Chains.

X goes undisputed in West Coast man, or until I get to fight alongside him in the same tourney... hopefully SiN gets a big crowd this Summer.

so i herd ya liek tourney results, huh?

There are some big names comnig down to Sin city, man.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol, I love how SM5 criticizes us for forgetting him, then forgets about us >_>

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
lol.

Yeah, I definantly need to hook up with Malcom and play some, maybe KID, although i hear pika pika places better and beats him in dittos, but thats only rumors. I have the upperish of North East hands down, there are like no other sonics up here anyway lol. Mdrn says that I'm better than him, but his diddy and DK wreck all of my other characters, well the last time we played they did. that was a while ago though.

although i would never use them in a tournament unless i had to, my pika and kirby have gotten exponentially better, i might have to use them on a MK or something if my sonic just gets whored but i'm not worried about it.

they way i judge people is by hearing about them outside of the forum, because if they are brought up in everyday smash conversation then they are worth looking at IMO. i remember malcom was brought up once, 3000, lucky, hella, puff, and wes have also been brought up. maybe someone else but i dont think so.
anther is more of a pika player, and his sonic kinda sucks to be honest. he is a goo player though.

anyway, yeah, malcom and KID are the only ones in my area... ish. wes doesn't travel, and i haven't heard about him for at least 6 months.

i'm pretty sure i'm not really brought up. probably never. i haven't been able to go to events in my area, nevermind travel anywhere basically since brawl's release. i do well at the things i go to, but idk. i don't really care either way.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
:(
oh man. now i feel bad. i dont forget about you guys, you are like brothers to me. :)

Terios, i can tell that you dont suck. you are associated with us, and i have seen some intelligent posts from you. I can tell that you are good. :)
Don't worry about it. I wouldn't bother typing up EVERYONE I thought was any good either lol.

Is Mdrn reputable at all? I play him a bit but I don't see him brought up ever.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
um, mdrn (aka ace) is well known in our area because he is fun to be around, although he doesn't place in the top at tournaments, no one would never turn him away from anything, or be like "oh its ace ****"

he does john a lot though. (.......lol)

but i mean, i dont know. i guess he is and isn't. i definantly would prefer him at an event I would host rather than a "famous" person though

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im definititely the best sonic in my area, but since i play certain people like pikapika alot, they know how my sonic plays and they know how to play against sonic, and i dont know how to fight sonic, and i dont know their style of sonic, so some people can beat me in sonic dittos.

But im definitely the best sonic in my area, I always pull top 5-8. Pika usually gets 2nd-3rd, but he would never ever try to use sonic in tourney.

just making sure info is accurate.

other than that, we all need to go to genesis or something.

Top Bottom