• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Samus Player in the Country.

HugS™

Smash Lord
this doesn't just include samus mains, guys, let's do this!

hugs: bra, 'we all know' you're the best, no other samus (main) has even close to your tournament record. but we do like to discuss the potential we see in others nameen - lighten up, will ya?
always used to wish i could friendly you at a tourney someday... never got to. even had a couple dreams (nightmares) about it, dang. you and m2k. i finally played him though. i remember i got a 'wtf moment' from him on marth's counter with samus' foot hitbox on her uair. yeahhh /samus represent.

ihsb: blondes? what is this? nice picture btw, very accurate... could have made it a bit bigger though, it was kind of drowned out by those big circl- when are you going to finish that combo video of yours? finish it, i dair er... **** it.

plup: i watched half of one of your videos (against fox), i liked your style already, i'd care to see more.

/love this thread.

p.s. there's plenty of untapped potential with samus. we never did quite explore this option now, did we? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlLl3L8s2BI
double wof, wtf??
Lol I wasn't so much upset at talk of other Samuses, I was upset at Hbox acting noobie by trying to stir something up.

Oh, and unless I find the time to get some legitimate practice in, I won't be going to Apex.

Lol I wasn't so much upset at talk of other Samuses, I was upset at Hbox acting noobie by trying to stir something up.

Oh, and unless I find the time to get some legitimate practice in, I won't be going to Apex.
yeah yeah... but i thought hbox's silliness was mostly innocent, and though the argument between you and wes is hilarious, maybe i catching more heat than there was.

but, these threads.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
lol people gettin hype over samus ditt's
Pretty much this whole thread in one sentence, along with mad hype and old people that make me feel young, lol! This thread is also a giant cluster f*** of mad hype like a million dollar money match atop an erupting volcano.

This thread is so much hype around Samus I can't believe it, and a Spongebob fight on top of it all (we need more Samus dittos in Spongebob outfits). Seriously what next-some Pichu ditto hype=??? Everyone oughta pick up Pichu and mad hype up a Pichu-only national tournament, lulz.

I can't believe I would be hyped for a Samus ditto match up that wasn't HugS v. Wes, but this plup hype has got me.

I wanna see a Wes v. Hugs v. plup three way Samus ditto. :awesome: :reverse: :cool: :bee:

I still think HugS is champ until proven otherwise.
Even if plup does surpass HugS as the best Samus beyond a reasonable doubt, it would be awful hard to remain as constantly great as HugS has been for about a solid half decade (and how solid Wes was before HugS' reign and during his early reign). That's a hard act to follow.

It's like whatever team won the NBA Championship after or in between the early 50's/all of the 60's Celtics dynasty (which won 11 of 13, and 8 in a row) I don't think anyone even knows who won the NBA Championship between those years; the dominance of the Celtics those years was so huge it consumed life around it (like Galactus or whatever his name is in the Fantastic Four who sucked up entire galaxies).

Unless plup tops this, the longevity of plup or anyone's dominant reign with Samus (or any character for that matter) will always be seen as inferior to the previous two clear cut greats of the character.
I still can't believe a thread actually caused hype for Samus, let alone Samus dittos, lulz. Anything is possible with Melee.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
suck my **** with a capital letter and maybe I'll reconsider

I still can't believe a thread actually caused hype for Samus, let alone Samus dittos, lulz. Anything is possible with Melee.
lonely bounty hunter looking for some luv... it's because even though samus might not be top tier (right now, mirite?), she's one of the most ba vg characters, and with the interestingness(..ness) of the players who main her, i think it's enough for us to all jump in on the hype.

(i mean do you see this happening with other characters that aren't high tier...)

**** samus
You spell Samus with a capital letter and show some respect.
suck my **** with a capital letter and maybe I'll reconsider
not really helping here, but the great thing about the name corey is that the gaelic origin is presumed to mean 'hollow' or 'hole'.

pi kick his ***.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Still not helping, but nevertheless-
Germanic Meaning: God's peace
Gaelic Meaning: Dweller in or near a hollow; spear
English Meaning: God's peace

It would be more true to my name if he were to have me penetrate him, then I would be dwelling in his hollow ;3

Still not helping, but nevertheless-
Germanic Meaning: God's peace
Gaelic Meaning: Dweller in or near a hollow; spear
English Meaning: God's peace

It would be more true to my name if he were to have me penetrate him, then I would be dwelling in his hollow ;3
yeah well are you english germanic or irish?
and it means hollow, like a cave or cache, like that in a tree - the 'dweller' part would just be implied, seeing as the hollow is the subject of the name, not the object. and the name 'gary' means spear - i would just attribute whoever put that definition (for corey) to mistaking the names as the same because they both start with velar plosive consonantal sounds, the voiceless k and the voiced g.

so let's just hope you're not irish/scottish lol.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Wes came back recently. For how long idk. But he was doing okay. I played him and thought he was a little rusty but otherwise could keep up.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
I have a friend who's starting to get into competitive Melee and he always voices to me how he doesn't approve of the lack of Samus players (he mains Samus, obviously).

And yeah, I'd like to see Plup travel and play more people, just to gauge where he stands. He's already impressed me a lot.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
^ Yeah, but would have probably lost to Linguini. IIRC Hugs always loses to top Ganons in tourney.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Samus isn't based on mindgames. She's based on edgeguarding, spacing and oki.

Top Bottom