• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Samus Player in the Country.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wow, getting 2-0'd by a guy who wouldn't make top 16 at Apex?

It's official, Hbox is washed up.

:troll:

strawhats

Smash Master
Plup 2-0'd me and three-stocked me in tournament today

Holy ****ing ****
Holy ****ing **** is right...I can assume you were a little shocked seeing your jiggz get raptured by a samus. I really wanna see this plup guy now at Apex.

:phone:

Varist

Smash Lord
Am I looking at this the wrong way or is that Swiss bracket complete BULL****?

The 5-0 guy gets 2nd place, while the guy who went 4-1 gets 1st? And the '1' in that 4-1 was to the 2nd place guy?
what the hell is that.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Am I looking at this the wrong way or is that Swiss bracket complete BULL****?

The 5-0 guy gets 2nd place, while the guy who went 4-1 gets 1st? And the '1' in that 4-1 was to the 2nd place guy?
what the hell is that.
You are looking at it wrong. Thats the results after the 16 man bracket. Hbox beat Plup twice in bracket.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I can't tell if Hungrybox is actually trying to fool us with that transparent story or if he's just trolling.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'm pretty amazed. i subscribed to zoro's channel because i really want to see more of plup

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
half skeptical about Plup atm

i mean him beating hbox is cool and all, but thats like the only puff that he would run into in a national...
according to him, he's never been able to beat colbol and theres a ton of foxes that he's gonna have to fight in bracket and pools.

Pi

Smash Hero
the last like 5 or so tournaments they've been at he takes games off, if not sets off of col bol (usually knocks him out of winners, and i do mean usually)
it's always them in GF (if Hbox isn't there) and almost always last game last stock
and at the most recent tourney they were at, he beat him in losers, the same tourney he beat hbox at

on top of that, he just took out of central FL's best, without using samus (dark sonic, uuaa, apollo)

i'd also like to remind u that col bol is not w/o samus experience, he's gone through esam, phanna, rohins, reno, myself, and now plup, and is also a very good player

i'm not sure what ur skeptical about, but if it's whether or not he's making it out of pools well unless he gets some death sheik pool (and i say this only because it's probably his weakest matchup) he'll be fine.

he also beat cyrain at ceo 2010 i think it was? the first ceo
and had a close set with darkrain at that same tournament. last game i believe.
he's improved quite a bit since then

he's pretty much got the ok from his parents, so we're working out some kinks, but more likely than not u'll get to see him at apex, get hype.

we also might be seeing the return of Hozart at apex, he's been hyperbolic time chamber training up his IC's and has been improvin at a rapid rate
he placed 3rd just now at our weeklies, 1) plup 2) uuaa 3) hozart 4) me 5/5) dark sonic & apollo (colin & hbox did not attend)

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Don't know if Florida is doing plup a favour with hyping him so much, so much pressure on him now... :grin:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Duck was getting off on the livestream

Beat dart, and barely lost in heartbreakers to s2j and lovage.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Duck's solid, but he plays too scared when edgeguarding. I was impressed though, for real.

Violence

Smash Lord
As a Samus main, I really have to say, I underestimated Duck a lot. I didn't expect a Samus of his level in the Midwest.

His reads are excellent, his spacing is ridiculous, and he plays a very smart and cautious game. I think pressure was getting to him vs Oscar and Johnny on top of those two adapting to his tricks, but it was really worth noting how much pressure he exerted, the quickness of his edgeguard decisions, and consistently good execution.

Duck is now on my list of top tier Samuses. I am a fan.

Max?

Smash Champion
Midwest has some of my favorite secret bosses in it (Sup Moose?)

Kels is ****ing fake tho.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Well hopefully Duck has learned the flaws in his game and can work on them for his next major tourney. I'm expecting great things from this guy.

Top Bottom