• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm.. touching up stuff and playing with a PP........ iono hbox...

anyways. idk about you guys. s2j isn't that great of a falcon, but SM2 is hella good.....

D

Deleted member

1. PP
2. Armada/HBox
4. M2K
5. Axe
6. Amsah/Jman/Hax
9. ???

Also, be on the lookout for chillin, BIG TIME. If he keeps his recent improvement up he'll easily be a top contender. S2J is getting more well rounded, once he has his edgeguarding down his falcon won't be that far from perfect imo. Lovage has stepped is game up hardcore as well.
i will never learn how to edgeguard

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Since there's only 200 players, my chances to get top 5.. is kinda ok I think. I did it at RoM 1-2.. I should be able to do this!!! I'm a bit random with the results though, we'll see what happens. (I think I increased my consistency A LOT more than before but I'm going to let my actions decide the outcome. =))

I think PP is going to win though. =)

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I think the majority are just gonna barge in and pay on the day of the tourney. LOL.

Kage for top five. Also Im working on my blue ganon. Hope to face you at Apex 2012.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Hoping for Armada vs Dr PP in the GF... Personally I wont mind either of them winning since one is swedish and the other one mains Falco ;)

I'm happy either way

... I also want to see Axe play again. That pika has something special going on

Wake

Smash Master
I wanna see PP vs Armada GFs rematch from P5... that or Armada vs Mango GFs or PP vs Mango GFs. All of them sound like they would be awesome matches anyways.

strawhats

Smash Master
I dont wanna see Mango and pp cause they already fought at winterfest.
ummm...mango has yet to play fox/falco/puff against pp in a full tournament set (no falcon involved like at WGF). I really feel like its destined to happen.

rafael nadal (mango) vs novak djokovic (dr. pp). Will pp be crowned the new champ like djoker? only time will tell.

btw...nadal's got this next time.

strawhats

Smash Master
This! God I want to see M2K play like the bad *** he is.
marth/fox all day...buy=t seriously. If he plays near perfectly he has a chance. I really would like m2k to get top 3 at least. Tall order(he might be able to beat hbox/armada) his matches with those guys are always tight. I think it would take somethhing special for him to beat pp much less mango.

also pardon the tennis references but I find that the current trends in tennis over the years have great correlation with the trends in smash (melee)

sampras (ken) the first champion
federer (m2k): a man who makes the game look so easy as he flies/floats around the court gracefully with rediculous unhuman precision in his prime. Ironically dethroned in 2008 by nadal, same time m2k lost to mango.
nadal (mango): we still love u rafa. Bring it back and **** djoker at the USO.
djokovic (pp): well as history has a way of repeating itself, Wimbeldon crowned a new champ, will Genesis shine its lights of glory on PP, as the new champion of melee

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Armada is good for the game because he brings the whole usa vs europe thing to the forefront BUT
he's already played all of the other top players in tournament WF/LF/GF with various wins and losses. Point is, we've already seen all the dream armada matchups (even if some are kinda old)

We've also seen every combination of PP vs m2k/armada/hbox and mango vs those players.

But PP vs Mango has never happened in a serious tournament set. I want to see that. (I don't count that crap where mango went falco for like 2 games at whatevr tourny that was lil while ago)

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I want to eliminate all your favorite players from the tournament. I don't even want to win. I just want to take somebody important out of winner's bracket, then take out two crowd favorites in loser's pre-top-10 and mess up the results.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I want to eliminate all your favorite players from the tournament. I don't even want to win. I just want to take somebody important out of winner's bracket, then take out two crowd favorites in loser's pre-top-10 and mess up the results.
I am laughing so hard at this right now. I'm going to quote this.

Speaking of which though Rob, I remember when you did similar things to this such as beating DSW at Apex and I was like LOL YES.

Beat!

Smash Master
Armada is Robin Söderling. That swedish guy who's up there with the other top players, but never makes it all the way.

Top Bottom