• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best kill you've ever gotten?

R4ZE

Smash Ace
I like ur sonic. its reminds me of me a lot.

charging fsmash ftw. best killl i ever got was a fair from the ledge, sumhow it pulled my opponent back and stage spiked him even tho he was originally standing ON THE STAGE. but it was relaly sweet.

Duality

Smash Journeyman
My friend and I were on teams and he was Ganon and he landed a warlock punch and as they were flying I spring jumped to a bair and killed him. Not the most fancy kill in the world but it felt so **** epic.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Sonic ditto on BF at around 40%
D-throw > sweetspot D-air for the 'semispike' > B-aired him into the stage (weak stage spike) > footstooled him after he bounced off > dropped a spring on him (gave him his up-B), I landed on the stage, and grabgimped him out of his spring.

There is someone on smashboards who witnessed it. It's probably the most complicated kill setup I've ever pulled off and it was absolutely impromptu.

lol@ko_in ;]

I do alot of flashy crap, and I U-throw Star KO alot, so it's almost not special anymore.
-__-;

Other satisfying kills:
- I U-aired a Snake who tried to grenade counter me, and he used Cypher and while he was off-screen, I grabbed the grenade and smash-threw it up and it killed him.

- Jumped out at a Wario who was recovering (bait), he used a full-charged Fart (success!), and at the same time, I Spring>B-aired him for the kill.

- DK tried to ledgehop a DK punch hoping I'd do a spindash or dash attack. I stayed about halfway into the level and charged a F-smash. He punched and I tipped his extended hand with my F-smash for the kill. ;D

- Against the spammiest MK I've ever played: This guy pissed me off because he was staling his kill moves (Shuttle Loop, D-smash, Glide Attack). I had two stocks and he was on his last stock, so I risked the match by damaging him to 185% (I died once in the process) on Lylat. And I killed him with a U-throw star KO and taunted twice before the game ended.

Taiki

Smash Apprentice
The best kill I've ever gotten was at a NYC tourny about a month ago. I'm King Dedede at low percent (i just respawned) and my opponent is metaknight (somewhere in the low 100s). The cannon is targeting me so both of us are dancing around slightly panicing because of the potential death. The cannon fires a knicks me for about 1 second before I DI out of it. So metaknight dashes at me and i roll dodge backwards into the cannon fire again. Metaknight bum rushes me and tries...something but gets hit by the lazer just as it finishes. He dies from the final hitbox while i stand there with about 35%.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I was playing a Link, I dash attacked him near the edge so he was kinda dangling over the edge (I think he DI'd forward or something), immediatley followed that with a jab jab kick, knocked him back, ran right off the stage into a fair, which sent him through me and backwards (happens sometimes) then immediatley followed that with a bair. So fricken awesome. Wish I had the replay uploaded. Hopefully will soon.

EDIT: btw, nice Sonic Umby.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
umby that video was sweet as ****. nasty sonic as well. i wish i oculd play that good on bf. =) props.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
any successful double u-air string i love. Because its so hard because of ppls good di and tendency not to get in that situation anymore

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
I was playing two other people in an offline 3-stock match. I was Sonic, and my other two friends were Pit and Peach. Pit hits Peach nears the top of the stage and almost to a star KO, but Peach DI's at the last second. I then jump up near the top of the stage and do a HA on Peach for the star KO, and my friend was so pissed. haha

Honorable Mention: SDH > Uair > Spring > Uair for the star KO is always nice to land, or any KO that involves beating Pit

3:58 = PWNAGE. Nice Work, Teh Umby

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I fair-reflected Lucario's blue ball of death about a month ago, causing the death of that same Lucario.

I dair'd to an u-air to SAVE my falling opponent, then reverse Up-B'd to bair to steal the kill in a triple threat match.

My best kill ever would be in a friendlies FFA with Smash Balls on HIGH! Suicidal I know....
I got the smashball with Link. I got hit off stage and off the screen.
I jumped and used the FS, thus helping me recover and kill some one who was attempting to edgehog.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
lucarios sphere has "easy to reflect" properties, i have reflected it with other moves..

not quite like ice climber's cubes... but its between that and normal projectiles.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
D-throw -> uair -> nair -> fair sweetspot.

Oh wait that's Falcon.

The most epic death I've done which I've got recorded was against a Sheik. She went to tether the edge, I simply ftilted it away and she fell to her death. I lol'd.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i like edge games where the are hanging and then drop down, in which you spring, and on stages like bf and fd the get semi-ish spiked.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Jumped out at a Wario who was recovering (bait), he used a full-charged Fart (success!), and at the same time, I Spring>B-aired him for the kill.
Been there, done that, and loled accordingly.

Best kill would have to be vs. Meta Knight. I faired through his glide attack from shuttle loop and killed him. It was awesome.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
I will post it once I figure out how to get replays up. But I will say that it is a "Double KO"

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
My best kill was in doubles a while ago. FD, Sonic and yoshi vs Kirby and Marth. Everyone had 1 stock and100-150%. i ftilted kirby offstage and spot dodged marth where yoshi threw him off. i empty short hopped and jumped between Kirby (offstage) and Marth (air dodged, trying for ledge). my partner goes for a spike so i HA him, the curve saving me, and throwing him far back. So still offstage, me vs marth and kirby. Kirby goes for the kirby-cide, when i shorthop back onstage and he gets Marth. Everyone watching is ROFL. I then run offstage and Bair stagespike BOTH of them. WAY too epic AND in tourney play ^( '¤' )^*WOOT*

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i played my doubles partner who plays lucario and the first time i ever tried it, i pulled off the KID combo, i went right through his forward smash hit him while i was in the air, jumped up to up air, and knowing he would down air i spring through his body and down air for the kill. also

Ok this kid is really unfortunate
first off, this is all in the one tourney i won about 2 months ago,
winners finals same match same stage as the video im about to link and he up bs right at my perfectly timed f-smash
fast forward to grand finals, last match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQkGDK_NaMk
1:45 the same exact thing happens except with his forward smash instead of the up b
but truly the best kill i ever pulled offwas very similar to camalange's but is more intricate and happens at 2:38 in the above video its so epic i mindgamed him for a full 10 seconds

Ultimate Dark Yoshi

Smash Cadet
I was facing a Mario and he launched me. He came to finish me off , but I air dodged and used Up-B. The spring hit the recovering Mario and he fell into his helpless state and died. I did that twice that whole game.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I haven't used Sonic that long, but I guess my best is from a match today on wifi(lol).

I was sonic, my opponent was ness, and it was lylat cruise. He hit me off the edge, followed me off stage with a Fair, then he fell a bit, so I used Sonic's homing attack, and timed it just right so when ness tried to use his Up B, I hit him from the top, knocking him down to his death, and the thunder hit me back up, which ended up stage spiking me, but I was able to use my Up B again just in time to get back to the stage.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's not impressive, but I once killed somebody by a doing a B-throw.

I am pretty sure somebody out there has followed up with a Bair or a Spring spike.

tom2bomb

Smash Cadet
I was against a mario cpu (forgot level) When he was 100% I up-threw up-b and dair
my fav sonic combo

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
just a b-air while an ike is holding onto the left edge at final des. I liek it when dey hitz da stage aand gow down.

StrongGaia

Smash Rookie
Playing my brother a while ago. We were just having a bit of fun, both at around 125%. He was Snake, I was Sonic. he thought he'd be clever and so he placed a C4 charge (down special) on me. He pulled out the cypher, rose above the field where I couldn't touch him, and then tried to detonate it. As soon as he started the detonation sequence, I springed up past him and passed the charge over to him. Half a second later, he exploded and killed himself.

I laughed for quite a while after that.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I always feel proud of killing people by punishing spotdodges with charged Fsmashes.

but jab>fsmash has to be one of my lulziest kills.

:093:

Top Bottom