• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Power! (Matchmaking & Video Thread)

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
I should be ready some time tonight.
Sorry, I should mention how much free time I have. It was too late for me. But now I'm free for around 1h30, though I suppose you're all sleeping.

Triggerpig

Smash Cadet
NNID
Triggerpigking
Hey everyone,
I posted a few replays of me online. should be under the search UK, Smash, town&city. lylat cruise, eldin, and character ganon(obviously).
was wondering if anyone could take a look at them and give me some tips on how I could improve, thanks.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hey everyone,
I posted a few replays of me online. should be under the search UK, Smash, town&city. lylat cruise, eldin, and character ganon(obviously).
was wondering if anyone could take a look at them and give me some tips on how I could improve, thanks.
Can this be done on 3DS? If so, I'll see if I can't take a look.

Also, I finally found a good Rosa to fight:

The DSmashes were intentional. Imo, it's a really solid punish for DA and her smashes, since his leg extends far enough to catch both Rosa and Luma. Plus, as we all know, it just has good raw punishing power. I've been looking for ways to punish people with it.

I know @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG 's a big fan of it.

Last edited:

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
He meant he posted it with the Wii U share function, probably because he has nothing to record it. Also anyone up for some dittos? It's been a while since I last played with you guys.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
@ Vermanubis Vermanubis Any chance you want a few games this weekend?
I upgraded my internet recently so hopefully it'll be less laggy than last time.

Triggerpig

Smash Cadet
NNID
Triggerpigking
He meant he posted it with the Wii U share function, probably because he has nothing to record it. Also anyone up for some dittos? It's been a while since I last played with you guys.
yep thats what I meant, should probbly get some recording tools now that I think about it.
I posted a few more replays as well one on the duck hunt stage and another on battlefield

Last edited:

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
I need to up my game at boot delivery. Can some fellow Ganons show me the way tomorrow?

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Hey guys. My Ganondorf made its competitive debut last night in an online tournament I'm hosting for another forum I go to. The set started with me getting destroyed in a ditto with my main, then with me cheesing out and picking ZSS for one match and narrowly skidding by.

Then I thought I'd pick Ganondorf, because I'd rather lose a match with him than win with the tier list gap disparity in the back of my mind. The match started with a SD for me, but you'll see how it ended:

Ganon vs Ike starts at 8:00

I've won a lot with Ganon in friendlies and in online matches so I figured it might be time to start playing him seriously, so I'll be hanging around here a bit from now on.

User name: @ Casval Casval
In-Game name: J
3DS Friend Code:
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: RX-104
Country of Residence: USA
Palette Colour: Purpledorf

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I was wondering if someone could critique this match I had, pool match in tourney vs a top player here:

I beat everyone else in pools but this was a rather heavy loss. I have some experience playing with him and another Yoshi so I knew what to avoid (so I could shield Jab to Fsmash at the end at least), but this MU is still very hard for me. He was clearly not at the top of his game but I was so that's fine.

This is another match I had difficulty with, in brackets vs a Villager. But I could beat him with Link.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I was wondering if someone could critique this match I had, pool match in tourney vs a top player here:

I beat everyone else in pools but this was a rather heavy loss. I have some experience playing with him and another Yoshi so I knew what to avoid (so I could shield Jab to Fsmash at the end at least), but this MU is still very hard for me. He was clearly not at the top of his game but I was so that's fine.

This is another match I had difficulty with, in brackets vs a Villager. But I could beat him with Link.
:yoshi:MU: I think you played well, you were patient, powershielded a lot of his annoying eggs and you didn't overcommit too much . I feel like you should have won this match if it weren't for your unfortunate mistake at the end(holding shield too long). One thing I noticed is that you don't press your advantage hard enough though. I realized that once Yoshi is in the air, you usually wait for him to get back on stage and react from there. Be aggressive with Uair and Nair, if spaced correctly, he can't do much to us. Of course he could Down-B but you can easily predict that and punish him even harder. General thing: Nair and Uair OoS are decent options against people in the air.

:4villagerf:: Be aggressive with her. The main problem is her slingshot which wall us out. That means you want to get in her face. Of course the general rule of patience apply(powershield a lot and hold your shield a bit longer because his moves last forever). Villagers side-b has start up, use your Dash Attack as soon as she pulls that **** out. Try to mix up your recovery a bit(you were always and recover as fast as possible. You do not want give a Villager enough time to think how he can ruin you offstage.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Your Ganon looks confident as Always, @ DLA DLA . Can't wait to see more from you in the future of Smash 4.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

You did a pretty good job Vs Yoshi, but there were a lot of situations where you should've used Dtilt.
Nice PSing.

Vs VIllager, you were too aggro and got caught in the beginning of you Dash a lot of times.
Sometimes, a simple roll towards him is beneficial, as long as you don't end up in Frame Disadvantage and/or are being too predictable with it.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Good games! We're pretty evenly matched. I've got a few other things I need to do now, but it was a great experience.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG you wanna play my brother and nephew? They want to play you after they saw one of our replays. And no they don't use Ganon lol

ToonWaker

Smash Cadet
NNID
5una23
3DS FC
3737-9687-2294
I'm not sure if that will work 10:00 is to early for me and then at 7:00 I will be busy so I am not sure what else to do

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
I'd be interested in playing you again @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG . You're the first player I fought here IIRC so I'd like to see if I improved since. I should be free around that time @ Garioshi Garioshi if you want.

Top Bottom