• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Oh TPs aren't waste of space. They exist so they can be taken apart. Its so rare now that I would take a moment's reprieve in a TP. I despise them oh so much...

Finny

Smash Apprentice
Wow, never would have guessed I would be alone in having a distaste for being anywhere near such things. Figured a virtual mob of torches and pitchforks would arise at my cries, echoing my confusion.
You're not alone. *raises virtual pitchfork*

I'm ashamed to admit that I used to be one of them in days gone by, but I can now say with certainty that 95+% of them just want the opportunity to 3v1 someone. They want to fight, but they don't crash out of fear of looking like a fool. So they make someone else look like one. Sad bunch, really.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh TPs aren't waste of space. They exist so they can be taken apart. Its so rare now that I would take a moment's reprieve in a TP. I despise them oh so much...
You're not alone. *raises virtual pitchfork*

I'm ashamed to admit that I used to be one of them in days gone by, but I can now say with certainty that 95+% of them just want the opportunity to 3v1 someone. They want to fight, but they don't crash out of fear of looking like a fool. So they make someone else look like one. Sad bunch, really.
That is more like it. :D *lifts up virtual torch* Well if they resulted in 3 vs 1 matches (which happens some of the time) then they would sometimes be interesting because it would test you in various areas very well even if they had less-than-dazzling skill. But usually it is either one who fights, or they all scatter and watch me try to overcome their spacing. There may be ways to get benefit it out of it, it just seems so boring for them and me to possibly train, which I'd rather do in intensive battles.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Lol this MK. First match was on Temple, we 1v1'd and nobody got a kill because of stage gayness. I was winning by like 70% until we went to the bottom part, where he did a bunch of up-b and nado and dsmash and stuff. Next match was again on Temple, and I waited for him at the top after obviously initiating a fight because I don't like fighting down there. But he didn't come up. So I went down there and started actually beating him still. Didn't get a KO by the end of the match because Temple, so with 7 seconds left he just plain ran away from me and tried to KO an afc player before the timer went out. Failed. How desperate can you get. Now I'm just sitting here while he goes after the afc player. Lol.

Now that we're playing on normal stages so he's suiciding to give other people kills so I'll only get second place. What did I do? :troll:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
My advice

Lol this MK. First match was on Temple, we 1v1'd and nobody got a kill because of stage gayness. I was winning by like 70% until we went to the bottom part, where he did a bunch of up-b and nado and dsmash and stuff. Next match was again on Temple, and I waited for him at the top after obviously initiating a fight because I don't like fighting down there. But he didn't come up. So I went down there and started actually beating him still. Didn't get a KO by the end of the match because Temple, so with 7 seconds left he just plain ran away from me and tried to KO an afc player before the timer went out. Failed. How desperate can you get. Now I'm just sitting here while he goes after the afc player. Lol.

Now that we're playing on normal stages so he's suiciding to give other people kills so I'll only get second place. What did I do? :troll:
Taunt each time the MK suicides. Eventually he will get frustrated that his tactics aren't working on you and leave. Works wonders for me.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
I was in a match last night where I was getting teamed up on 3v1 (tl v dk + pit + lucario) which isn't such a big deal except the dk player in their team is really good (he also plays a great wario and ike and some other ok to great characters) but his teammates aren't. So after I loose the pit player starts taunting 'your not ready' in sd. So next match I abandon my monkey hunt to prove a point, and dk just sat back and watched as I thumped the lucario and the ddd (previously pit). I don't think the dk liked sharing the credit.

over the last two weeks I've seen this Dk player multiple times late at night and he womps me, doesn't help that dk tempts me to try spikes either. I'm really not use to the spacing of dk nor do I see many good warios. Buddy if your out there I'm dying to get some 1v1 hopefully when I haven't had any beer so I'm not so crazy aggressive.

:phone:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
LOL I don't give a **** about these bad players. I like them more than the so called "pro players" here on this thread. At least they start ****. There pro in my book.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Red Snake did the shield signal, and then did it again when I responded, but I feel like it wasn't someone from here because they started attacking me after that... Or maybe that's a sign that it was someone from here.

TheFourthOctave

Smash Cadet
I've noticed a lot of taunters and pacifists doing that. I think some of them are doing that to signal a taunt party, or at least show they aren't fighting.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Wasn't my snake and I don't know any other red ones. When I try to shield signal I usually get taunters signaling back just like it's ducking. However I've never seen someone SS without me signaling first. Shield signaling should be in the title of this thread/OP so BB frequenters can meet each other more easily.

Zulo

Smash Ace
>Group with stone-spamming kirby and another noob on Big Blue with items
>Leaves
>Goes to TB
>Uses GaW for practice, expecting a bad group
>Group has an ICs pivot grabbing and CGing all over and another good player
>Change back to a main
>All players leave
>3 more join
>Game starts
>Stone spamming Kirby and two other noobs with items on again

Also ran into a good Snake and a good Falco (don't remember if they were the same person) who only played one round. Bah.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff rollout spammer

I just recently left a Team Battle with a Jigglypuff rollout spammer. What will they think of next? I never thought that player would leave. Eventually the other two left at the same time, and I sure as heck was not going to stick around with the spammer. Adios!

David Wonn

Smash Ace
And they just keep getting worse...

^

Yeah, either way the Jigglypuff couldn't find the A button.

Anyway the only thing worse than an Inhale-spamming Kirby at the edge is a partner who keeps falling for it. Team Battle is becoming almost as intolerable as Basic Brawl these days. Almost.

Edit: And today, I just destroyed a team with a +6 and my idle partner had a -5 score. One of the opponents just left in humiliation. Time for the remaining one to pay. :-)

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Met a peach/zelda/zamus, i suspect it was mechawave but im probably wrong. There was a samus and sonic. i was falcon,ike,ganon,olimar. The peach kept on glidetossing which was surprising on TB.

Now: me and this marth has a rivalry, we've been fighting on temple and now both of our partners left. Others were tink,lucas

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Okay, who was Red Lucario/Purple Luigi/etc.? There was a TL and a Pikachu with us, and I was Blue Pit. This person knew how to DACUS, arrow loop, etc. Obviously someone on Smashboards. If you're reading this, you're still better than me, but I'm not nearly as terrible when there's no lag, I promise! ;w;'

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
That sounds exactly like the matches I just had against a solo Pit. Must've been me, then, but I could tell that you were making mistakes due to lag. It was just like that on my end, for sure.

Your technique defo. needs some brushing up, too, but you weren't, like, AWFUL or anything. Just keep at it, y'know?

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Hey, found ya! :D

Maybe not awful, but I sure FELT like I was godawful getting caught up in all those aerials. xD' I'm not much of an online person. Even so, I try to 1v1 anybody who knows their stuff. It gets some excellent practice in. GGs. :3

(What really annoys me on BB is when some random person sees that my opponent is winning and decides they're going to team up with them to take some of the credit... :glare:)

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Yeah, I'm sure you know about the whole partyist and crasher system, and how partyists will usually gang up on the crasher. I'm not sure if you actually are a crasher, but you were defo. perceived as one for that session.

I personally hate that, because usually, when people try to provide me with assistance, most of the time, they just end up hitting me, and then the "crasher" ends up landing a kill move on me as a combo, which is the worst case scenario, because at least fellow partyists will give me my KO point back; the crasher will not.

Plus, it's just a huge intrusion on 1v1 activities, for sure.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
In MOST cases if someone's a partyist I'll leave them be, but if they annoy me enough I'll focus all my attention on one of them for a match. I don't generally crash unless I feel like being a troll...but I end up looking that way a lot, for the same reasons I did today. Sometimes I'll try grab releasing, as if to say "I won't attack you as long as you GET OUT OF MY FREAKING WAY," but some people just don't pick up on it. *shrug* Oh well.

bedjy dious

Smash Rookie
why do people online go to one side of the board and sit there and when you hit them they like 2-3 [eople start jumping you like wtf

Wiiboy4ever

Smash Rookie
Okay, I'm currently brawling with a - best friend - blue zelda in random wifi. we're taunting together against consecutive party crashers with a semi-loner green G&W. she changed to black & white zelda.

I NEED THIS ZELDA BADDDD XD

EDIT: OMG! SSBB's crappy servers disconnected us, (p1 + brawling + practice stage + brawling = fail) and I think I may have just gotten back with he same exact Zelda! Same color, P4 and everything!

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
why do people online go to one side of the board and sit there and when you hit them they like 2-3 [eople start jumping you like wtf
They think you'll crash them party. There are some players that do know the fight signal where you jab and if another player does a jab that means they'll fight you. Though sometimes the other will interfere.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Dear Luigi

To the Luigi I just met in Team Battle in the last hour,

It seemed like we had a decently skilled group going for a few matches, but then my Wolf partner went idle. Luigi, you showed no ounce of consideration whatsoever and took advantage of this. You may be skilled, but your tact leaves a lot to be desired and overshadows your good points. At least your Falco partner showed some consideration. I hope you enjoyed the thrashing that ensued the next match as payback before I kicked you out.

Next time be more considerate and you might have more people wanting to play you.

kaazers

Smash Master
gg's to a P3 Sonic/Marth/Ness/DK/Diddy… well, until he started to troll me by interrupting what fights I did have with P2 (Kirby, Link, Ike, Lucario -- they weren't much trouble) by giving each other points. In the beginning when I was having one-on-ones with him, I was losing to his glide tossing Sonic (thanks to P4 ZSS's armor pieces). He'd do that teabagging thing when I got KO'd, lol. Anyway, isn't it funny how these guys will take the points until you start giving them trouble a couple of rounds later? And then they KO you, see that they have a lot of damage, and do the "honorable" thing by giving you back your point, thereby refreshing their percent? I always jump off and remove whatever points they give me so they know I'm not buying it.

He went from giving me pity points, to fighting me with some respect, to trying to refresh his percent after I started to put up more of a fight, to outright cheating. He didn't even like P2. >.>

After many rounds of this, I finally got fed up and finally decided to leave the group. Luckily enough, I won the final round with a point or two to spare + I KO'd P3 off the far left corner of the screen with only 1 second to spare. He didn't expect a bair that far off the stage, lol.

P2: You still need a bit more training.

P3: I would have enjoyed some real one-on-one after those first few rounds, but eh, guess you didn't want to. You seemed pretty good.

P4: Thanks for standing back and watching without interrupting. I was relieved when you switched to Bowser -- no more armor pieces!

I was Red Snake all these matches.

Wiiboy4ever

Smash Rookie
I'm brawling again with I think the same Zelda I mentioned before, only this time, she's P3. We're taunting again against this punk Pink Meta Knight that this us and then runs away. There's an annoying Pikachu who just sits there and doesn't do anything. Me and the "zelda" swapped between peach and zelda and pikachu. The game disconnected us before we could even pick the same character. I really think this is the same Zelda as before, as she has seemingly the same character traits as the Zelda before.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I'm brawling again with I think the same Zelda I mentioned before, only this time, she's P3. We're taunting again against this punk Pink Meta Knight that this us and then runs away. There's an annoying Pikachu who just sits there and doesn't do anything. Me and the "zelda" swapped between peach and zelda and pikachu. The game disconnected us before we could even pick the same character. I really think this is the same Zelda as before, as she has seemingly the same character traits as the Zelda before.
I was that MK. Good morning to you, too <3

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
(Me),

It was at night yesterday. I originally was going to sit tight and just relax and watch people go at it but I was getting attacked by
and
. The
was definitely the most skilled in the room compared to the other two. He seemed more interested in me since I knew what I was doing. He knew how to jab cancel which I rarely see Ikes do online.
was irritating me a lot the whole time especially on Binstar.
didn't attack or bother me at all the whole time in this group. I saved one replay where we all were in Final Destination and it ended in Sudden Death with me and
but I KOed myself so that I could save the replay.

To the
, very good stuff there. Even though I was going to relax and just fool around you were definitely fun to fight. Good games.

Wiiboy4ever

Smash Rookie
I may have found the same Zelda when I was BB'ing again today. :p but again, the game disconnected us before we could play as the same character. The last match we fought, she was red peach and I was 64 Zelda. We're were fighting against a party crasher sheik and a ganondorf

I was that MK. Good morning to you, too <3
Please tell me you're joking?!!!!

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Shout out to the Falcon in TB last night / early morning

I just want to give a shout out to the Captain Falcon I played in Team Battle last night / early this morning. Your Falcon and my Ganon together were almost unstoppable, even by teams like MK & Snake. (Tiers? What are those?) And when we were on separate teams, the fights were always great as well. There's just something rewarding about going with the lowest of tiers and watching players frustratingly switch to try to figure out how to tackle us. After baiting the MK's shuttle loop enough times and stomp KOing him or even Up-tilt KOing him, he eventually tried Olimar and finally settled on Pikachu to try to break us. After a while I switched characters just to mix it up more. I'd love to have a group together like that again, but my late night marathons are coming to an end along with my vacation....

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Uh geez there was this Ike that would not leave me alone. I played Olimar/ICs/Peach. We were mainly on Hyrule Temple and I think he was a red ike. Man did he kick my
n00bish ***. Eh I suck at the game anyway. I did win several games against him. I hated when items were on. But used what was around me. 3rd player who was kirby/pit was there for me if olimar got in the way.

But then there was another olimar. Spamming the **** out of his smashes. More than me. So I decided eff this I'm being ICs. Got the grab on him at least 3 times but then what do u ****ing know. Ike the **** comes and breaks up my grab every time. He must have really wanted to fight me.

When I faced him has ICs I did my usual n00b *** grab spam. Only worked a little bit. This Ike had some decent DI because every time I did a desync short hop blizzard, he would DI out of it b4 I could grab him.

For the record red ike user (or at least I think u were the red ike) (if you see this) part of the reason in some matches I didn't give u a good fight was because my dad was bothering me as I was trying to play.

Last stage we played on was bridge of eldin and I was ICs (red). Then after the match there was a transmission error. GGs to whoever this Ike was. But u suck for not letting me kill that annoying *** olimar.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
HELLO YA'LL MISS ME

and no i havent been playing, been practicing UMVC3 and playing Skyward Sword

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Welcome back, i thought i saw you during your first week of your hiatus but i guess i was wrong.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Please tell me you're joking?!!!!
Not at all. I usually go on BB to mess around with Taunt Parties, as opposing to outright crashing them. It's actually a very good opportunity to see how the human mind works and which factors of it have a noticeable effect on (our) their actions. Once I entice at least one player, I'll see how long I can run away until they (and / or everyone else in the room) adapt to my patterns; after that happens, I'll switch up my patterns and see how well their now sharpened minds adapt to my new habits. That will go on until I decide that it's appropriate to get all tryhardy or simply quit (and no, I don't d/c rooms).

I just wanted to mess around the Peach in the room because I caught a quick glimpse of her Glide Tossing, which is uncommon in BB (although, one could argue that GTing is common due to casuals learning ATs somehow...), and wanted to see how good she was. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that I paired up with one of you again right after our room d/c'd. Just for clarification, I picked Temple most of the time, planked on the right side until one of you approached me, glided to the lower platform, and Nado'd past whoever tried to 'block' my way. I also went blue Ganondorf, in case you did get paired up with me again. (I can vividly recall messing up a Sheik earlier, with an N64 Zelda spamming Din's like the one in our room did to stop my planking. However, I can't really remember if you were in the room with us).

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Someone should write a book - "The Psychology of Brawl - And what it reveals about our society". I'd read it XD

Top Bottom