• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Dyclone

Smash Ace
DavidWonn, was that Samus/Ganon you? I thought it was when you transformed to avoid my Ness.
If it was, thanks for welcoming back into TB/BB ;)
Only reason I stopped doing anything is because New Pork City desyncs for me, and I didn't want to lose connection. Then the room got D/Ced.
If it wasn't... who was that Ganon/Samus/Wario/? player?
I kept changing characters, but to a few I'm comfortable with.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
GGs to the Luigi/Marth/Ness/MK

I just want to say "good games" to the Luigi/Marth/Ness/MK I ran into in Team Battle. Your Marth definitely has the spike down to a scary science. Just about all of your other characters also played quite well. It's too bad we had trouble filling that one particular spot that kept coming and leaving. It seemed like each time it was either replaced with a bad player, an item troll, or a lagger. I would not be the slightest bit surprised if you, Marth, disconnected that final item match. I was tempted to do the same myself, but only stayed because the rest of the group was fun. I don't blame you if you did, and I'd like to run into you again.

Edit: That was nice timing! Yeah, the Ganon / Samus / Wario was me. I meet yet another player online from here in random battles. Simply awesome.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Ja, you were the player :bee:
I still wonder if we D/Ced due to desync or because someone turned off their wii. I forgot if there was a pause of not.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Desync most likely

^

I suspect a desync. Your Marth was mostly motionless in that last battle on NPC. FYI, I didn't pick the stage, although it is a fun stage when I am Samus.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
We may have met before. I liked your Ness too.

^

Yeah, when your Marth stopped moving, I mostly stopped what I was doing as well since I wasn't sure if you were away or just didn't like the stage / items that were picked by someone else. I can put up with most stages, but certain items just ruin the experience for me. I definitely didn't want the matches to end, since you're one of the best I have encountered in Team Battle. Based on watching the replays, I suspect we may have crossed paths online before....

BTW, I also liked your Ness' PK Thunder tactics against my recovering Samus near the end of one of the matches. My damage was already too high at that point to even think of trying to sneak another kill in, so you pretty much had me pinned into survival mode.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Yeah, we played, you added me. I was "Dan". I only played you a couple times.
That was one of the few times I got frustrated in TB, you and that other player just made in hard for me to even make a kill. I thought I could send you back far enough to force you to airdodge, I just didn't time Nair right to hit you. I should have put more thought into going offstage. I'm just glad that other player DDD/Ness/Lucas didn't interfere with with PKT, Dedede's Fsmash is no joke when you're so open to attacks like that...
I should have remembered to save a replay.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
A clarification

Actually, I meant that I think we may have played in random online matches at some point in the past. It was your Ness that seemed more familiar for some reason. Anyway I saved some replays of the matches. In your Ness vs. my Samus match, I figured it was best for me to take some of the hits off-stage to buy more time since the match was coming to a close. My damage percent was already too high to even think of approaching from that point onward, and any misstep on my part would have definitely lost a stock. Admittedly, your partner's armor pieces helped me in that match more than they should have.

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
I just played with this really good Marth/DK/ZSS/Wario/Sonic/G&W/Ike/PT player. He wasn't the best at all of them, but he was overall really smart about all of his moves and dodges. I was just Peach. x_x I think I was able to match him most of the time though. But we kept on going to Final Destination (>_>), and there were already two other players going at it, with items on, no less. Anyway, if you're out there, great games. I had to leave unfortunately, but it's good to know that Wi-Fi Basic Brawl With Anyone isn't just inhabited by smash-happy, spot-dodge-spamming scrubs. :) Thanks for the matchup practice!

link2702

Smash Champion
just got out of some matches with a prick snake who thought he was all that, soon as i went falco and started outcamping his ***, as wel as kill stealing bc he kept going after the other noobs, he rage quit and D/C'd everyone.

Face me in a 1v1 idiot and watch if that snake beats me then :awesome: quit thinking you were good just bc the other two kept running into your shielded nades.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Shoutouts to the Samus / Mario that I recently played. I'd decided to mess around in BB for the purpose of training my Ganon and finally managed to find a decent player (he know how to do multiple ATs and mostly ****ed around the entire match, which is usually a sign of a good player in BB)... but, I was having way too much fun with this scrub Zelda / Sheik at the time, so it took a while for me to challenge him (let's face it, no women play this ****). I eventually started getting really aggressive in order to get his attention, and wasn't disappointed in the competition that I got after the first few matches (my playstyle is eccentric, but it usually doesn't take anyone that long to catch onto my habits). We had nothing but fun games, and I continued to charge at him like a warrior, despite the occasional distractions and / or disadvantages. Unfortunately, random select picked Temple, which causes wifi to desync for me after a while.

GGs. No johns, but that really *****y Zelda and even gayer Tink that came about shortly after she left made me really paranoid and impatient about approaching lol.

Yeah, I'm kinda also confirming that I'll be going blue Ganon + pink DDD in BB as opposed to pink MK + green Snake. Erm, I'll just super jump with WKC a lot as a signal.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Replays, Dyclone?

Dyclone, did you want me to send any saved replays of our chance encounter in Team Battle from Thursday evening? Feel free to reply here or just PM / IM me.

kaazers

Smash Master
Dear Pokemon Trainer/ Leopard Print Snake/ Black Wolf/ MK,

I was planning on going one-on-one with that White Marth to show him what happens when there aren't 2 other players (and him) spamming items left and right. You entered the room and ruined that by beating me up as Squirtle and taunting every time I died (it didn't matter who killed me). This continued on as Snake where you dodged most of my attacks and C4'd me while I was distracted by the two Kirbys who were dittoing. I got last place a couple of times.

Come another few rounds and your Snake found himself eating jabs the whole match. After a few rounds of that you switched to Black Wolf (lot of lag during that match) but that didn't make that much of a difference. By now I was getting first place; or second because of Sudden Death vs one of the Kirby's. Finally you switched to MK and almost got 3-stocked. When the match had a few seconds left I taunted for the first and last time.

I would normally stay much longer and fight, but after your incessant taunting and jeering I decided to leave. Who's got the last laugh now?

Sincerly,

Blue Ike

(I rarely ever taunt unless I feel the person deserves it. I find it disrespectful in general; and demeaning if the person you're fighting is [or seems] much worse than you -- especially if they're trying to fight honorably and stay round after round. tl;dr this guy's attitude made me rage. xD)

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Dyclone, did you want me to send any saved replays of our chance encounter in Team Battle from Thursday evening? Feel free to reply here or just PM / IM me.
No, I forgot to save any... I wish I did too.

:bomb:
OK, ugh, there are suck bad players that lose so many matches and the one time they get the lead, they taunt and start running away. The pit player just spammed at me as I was try to prevent my wii from freezing. It did since the pit kept spamming at me prevented me from letting the match go on, since I learned the reason why I D/C on Corneria is because of the Main stage's laser.
Player be mad that I annihilated him with Kirby and Fox

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Dear Pokemon Trainer/ Leopard Print Snake/ Black Wolf/ MK,

I was planning on going one-on-one with that White Marth to show him what happens when there aren't 2 other players (and him) spamming items left and right. You entered the room and ruined that by beating me up as Squirtle and taunting every time I died (it didn't matter who killed me). This continued on as Snake where you dodged most of my attacks and C4'd me while I was distracted by the two Kirbys who were dittoing. I got last place a couple of times.

Come another few rounds and your Snake found himself eating jabs the whole match. After a few rounds of that you switched to Black Wolf (lot of lag during that match) but that didn't make that much of a difference. By now I was getting first place; or second because of Sudden Death vs one of the Kirby's. Finally you switched to MK and almost got 3-stocked. When the match had a few seconds left I taunted for the first and last time.

I would normally stay much longer and fight, but after your incessant taunting and jeering I decided to leave. Who's got the last laugh now?

Sincerly,

Blue Ike

(I rarely ever taunt unless I feel the person deserves it. I find it disrespectful in general; and demeaning if the person you're fighting is [or seems] much worse than you -- especially if they're trying to fight honorably and stay round after round. tl;dr this guy's attitude made me rage. xD)
Dude I wholey agree with you. If I was in your place, I would've beat the **** out of this guy and taunted like a mad man.

In other news last night I was fighting this Olimar that kept getting in my business when I was trying to deal with another player. This was the first Olimar I encountered that actually sucked. Apparently he thought hanging on the ledge to stay away from me was the best plan in the world. The pleasure it gave me when I baired his *** out of his little pikmin stall. Instantly died and I just had to taunt....

Zulo

Smash Ace
Just played a pretty good Falco/Snake. He beat my Marth with both characters once. Like, the first two games, he won. I hate to john, but my Marth gets so screwed over by lag. I beat his Snake with Pit the next match, but then he left. Then someone immediately took his place, and it was a Snake, so I attacked it expecting to be the same one. And I think I was right. Hi again. xD

As always, one other player is watching nicely and the other decided to help me. Thanks go away.

Oh, and they were good games though, including the ones I was Marth.

Kirby guy turns out to be good and more willing to fight. K. As long as I'm getting 1v1s I'm happy.

Turns out he was done fighting after one match. Then I decided I wasn't. So I attacked the other guy. Suddenly, 3 vs me. I don't even.

To the other two who observed that Wolf. That is why Csticks are baaaad.

kaazers

Smash Master
Sephy: Good to know there are other people out there who aren't quite so obnoxious. I felt compelled to taunt a few times, but I knew holding it off was worth it when he nearly got 3-stocked as MK by my Ike. I bet he's still raging. It's all thanks to those great matches I had with 9Kplus1 on BB a few weeks ago. Getting tossed around a couple of times by his MK really sharpened me up, lol.

x-x-x

3 Things to note today:

-Every single Samus I've seen online for the past two weeks knows how to taunt transform. Every. Single. One. Especially the Copper and Blue ones.

-Each and every good player I encountered today taunted and teabagged when they knocked out their opponent. LOL at the Fire Mario floating around BB today. Who was that anyway?

-Someone always chooses to DC the group just as I get hit or am being KO'd… making it look like I did it.

Anyway...

GG's to a Black Fox/ Black Pit/ Dark Toon Link/ White Marth. He, too, taunted and teabagged when I died from his surprise attacks after I entered the room for the first time. After one more round, he realized I was better than he thought and started bowing and KO'ing himself after I hit him. I'd just jump off myself and continue hitting him; eventually he started fighting. His Fox and Pit weren't any competition, but his smash and projectile spamming Toon Link proved to be trouble for 3 rounds and ended up in draws. Got him after that. Then came Marth. I only got a couple of rounds with him before a Fire Mario (yes, that Fire Mario) came in and demolished him. I left after that.

kaazers

Smash Master
opulentlifestyle: It's an ordinary humble Mario donning the green and white uniform. : ) This one was just pretty good.

edit: Brown and White, my mistake. I was thinking of Luigi, lol.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Came across a strange group. The seem connected somehow... their status change in together Like.. When they go from character to stage select. I'm playing one of them (there are 3) while the others do something...
We are constantly changing characters
The player is good though
Lost connection.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
G&W down-smash spammer

Sometimes I have all the luck. Anyone else run into a G&W in Team Battle who just spams down smashes lately? That's almost all he does. That, and pulling out the bucket in itemless matches when you're on a non-projectile character like, oh, I don't know, GANON! Just prepare to lose when this G&W is on your team. *sigh*

Finally as I write this, he has left. Thank you!

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Entered a group as green Snake with a ICs, red Peach and red G&W. I wanted a fight so I started throwing nades across temple. I started out fighting G&W but the Peach had more to offer. We went 1v1 for a lot of matches. (thank God for no interference) He/she had a tough Peach. He/she also used Falco/Dedede/Wolf/MK/ and others. I used Snake/Pit/Kirby/Falco/Ike and thats it. This guy was sort of a **** and a coward though but in all they were the toughest brawls I've had in a while. I enjoyed 1-uping you repeatedly in SD. :troll: We were pretty evenly matched.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Entered a group as green Snake with a ICs, red Peach and red G&W. I wanted a fight so I started throwing nades across temple. I started out fighting G&W but the Peach had more to offer. We went 1v1 for a lot of matches. (thank God for no interference) He/she had a tough Peach. He/she also used Falco/Dedede/Wolf/MK/ and others. I used Snake/Pit/Kirby/Falco/Ike and thats it. This guy was sort of a **** and a coward though but in all they were the toughest brawls I've had in a while. I enjoyed 1-uping you repeatedly in SD. :troll: We were pretty evenly matched.
So you were the one throwing the nades across the stage. That wasn't annoying. I would've fought you, but the Peach beat me to it. Oh well, it was nice fighting to spectate.

crynts

Smash Cadet
I just played with this really good Marth/DK/ZSS/Wario/Sonic/G&W/Ike/PT player. He wasn't the best at all of them, but he was overall really smart about all of his moves and dodges. I was just Peach. x_x I think I was able to match him most of the time though. But we kept on going to Final Destination (>_>), and there were already two other players going at it, with items on, no less. Anyway, if you're out there, great games. I had to leave unfortunately, but it's good to know that Wi-Fi Basic Brawl With Anyone isn't just inhabited by smash-happy, spot-dodge-spamming scrubs. :) Thanks for the matchup practice!
Hey that was me :)

Great games there. You were probably the best peach I've seen on Basic Brawl. I like to play a lot of characters though if I'd have to pick a main it'd be between pt, dk, or marth. Hope we could play some other time!

:phone:

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Well true, you did. The nades ain't bother me anyway because they weren't flying towards me. Sure as hell bothered the Peach, though.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Why exactly do people get online and simply taunt repeatedly (especially on the Hyrule Stage). Someone please bless me with the secret of the universe.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
No no, I know what they are. I am inquiring as to why people fail to see them as anything but a waste of time for themselves and anyone unlucky enough to get into their oh-so frequent matches. NO thread on it even explains why people do it. It just explains what they do and how. Never why... WHY?!

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Oh, well that makes sense. There are many reasons as of why they do it. I, for example, only sit in a taunt party to take a break after fighting someone really annoying, or someone really good. There are a few people who do it for that reason. We don't stay in there for that long, though.

I'm not 100% sure on this one, but it makes up for people who really "can't fight" I guess I could put it. Most people, if you haven't noticed, that do it, aren't the best of all players. Most of them either don't know that they have a jump button, or can recover. I dunno.

That's my theory. There may be faults, but what ever; I'm not a scientist...

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well usually I find that taunters are fairly competent, and have the possibility of holding their own at times (though not always, a lot of the time all three of'em have to gang up on me who probably has average skill). So basically, it is just something they choose to do instead of using or practicing the skill they have. As you say, they may be tired, but I somehow find it more exhausting than actual fighting, boring, and persists much longer than simple breaks.

Haha, but yeah you aren't a scientist, and neither am I. It just puzzles me so greatly, if only that population were like everyone else, then there would be an almost legitimate amount of online Brawlers. Battling with friend codes makes for more interesting and difficult battles but it is such a hassle to do, I wish it had a Halo-like interface where it was so simple and was ranked, with little to no wait. But eh I'll take what we got. =P

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Point taken, which is why I was iffy on my second statement. The thing is, ganging up on on one person doesn't really show your skill. I fought three people yesterday who though ganging up on me was a good idea. I had +10 and ain't die once.

Most of the time they have decent skills. Other times, I just don't bother and watch them kill their selves while I casually walk away without getting hit.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Point taken, which is why I was iffy on my second statement. The thing is, ganging up on on one person doesn't really show your skill. I fought three people yesterday who though ganging up on my was a good idea. I had +10 and ain't die once.

Most of the time they have decent skills. Other times, I just don't bother and watch them kill their selves while I casually walk away without getting hit.
Yeah, it seems people of all sorts of skill levels do it, so it must not involve that.

Personally, a break for me is me switching to a character that I don't main but simply enjoy like the insane power of Ike or the versatility of Pokemon Trainer, they are just fun to play as but I'm not as skilled with compared to Olimar or Lucas, who I play to win with.

Just can't imagine my mind handling two minutes of me walking around doing nothing, I'd convert to a "Party Crasher" midway through because of the boredom.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I stay in a taunt group for about a match or two and then start with them. I hit everyone in the group until I get them to chase me. I then walk around with Ness (because I like his walking animation) while they throw things at me, chase me, and attack me. Half of them run off the cliff and never make it back, and the other half kill each other out of frustration. Once I find out how bad they are, I just kill them for about three matches and then leave out of boredom and repeat the same process with a different group.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wow, never would have guessed I would be alone in having a distaste for being anywhere near such things. Figured a virtual mob of torches and pitchforks would arise at my cries, echoing my confusion.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
This is what I usually do myself.
I do believe that's what many people do it for, is it not?

Wow, never would have guessed I would be alone in having a distaste for being anywhere near such things. Figured a virtual mob of torches and pitchforks would arise at my cries, echoing my confusion.
...what? :dizzy:

Top Bottom