• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I was screwing around with a Zelda/Ness/Ike and a Jiggs/Yoshi.(might've got the order wrong) In all they were noobs trying to make a TP and I made hell for them with my Falco...

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Sorry, couldn't resist

wonn isnt shy about sending replays :troll:
Hope you didn't mind. Two of them were in regards to my recent posts (the bike through the floor glitch 6x and the ownage of the awful Fox.) The other two were to fill the remaining 20 point "quota." Feel free to PM me or IM me for more details if you want.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Was fighting this decent dark MK/Lucario/Sonic. Idk what it is but something always makes someone come after me first. He came at me with his MK and got KO'd by my red Ganny.....he got the point back but I got him in SD. I was Snake the rest of the way and I can honestly say I got the best of him. I sorta sandbagged a little though. I quit when a match started and we were on castle siege........**** that dude, I'm out...

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Going in BB as MK after having someone take me to corneria. I hate people who pick that stage since my wii freezes/crashes there ever so commonly. There and Yoshi's Island, but it's not as common.
The group was actually pretty bad so I'm pretty thankful.

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
Is blue a common color for Zelda? Everytime I run into a different Zelda on BB, she's blue. Then one of them goes Peach (Daisy colored) after a couple matches. Then there was dsmash spam...

TheFourthOctave

Smash Cadet
Ran into yet another partyist (implying it happens often) who switched to a really decent purple Ness to fight my Lucas. The matches were pretty good aside from the intervention of a noob Ike/Lucario

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
good gold pit running around be careful hes super aggressive doesnt use arrows often

Zulo

Smash Ace
I ran into a gold Pit as well. Didn't attack me though because I stood back and let him fight. And sniped people.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Found some group of pricks and it was laggy AF. DCd them.

EDIT: Found two more gay, similar groups. Nothing but **** tonight. One group of two item gayers and an AFCer ( :mad: ) really pissed me. i fought a white marth in sudden death that thought dodge rolling would save him from my DA. Then, I dsmashed him. DCd.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yup he walled CG'ed me in the pit inside of the rock transformation of PS1. He left because the room got passive

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I remember teaming up with a DK on TeamBattle. me and him/her made a great team we were, fighting noobs who spamed, a noob TL ,a gay wolf(NEVER killed me, pathetic right?he even used side b and up b off a cliff he over used blaster failed to recover ect...). I was mario and we were on red team. i saved replays of our matches

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Just teamed up with an awesome default Bowser against these two taunt partyists who had ganged up on him/her at the start of the match. Man, those were some fun matches... GG's, player using Bowser. You were really good.

kaazers

Smash Master
9:40 PM EST: GGs to the Gray Sheik/Green Kirby/Black Falco. I was the Red Ike, all the matches were on Final Destination, and there was a Green Marth spectating our matches. I hope you know that the -2 I got one round was because of the atrocious lag… two Naircides and one failed recovery. I was so mortified that, next round, (when there was a lot less lag) I got a score of +3, lol. The matches weren't that off otherwise. I had fun. You were the only one-on-one I've had all day. Really.

5:19 AM EST: I think I just saw a Ganondorf soar through the skies. First time I've ever seen that. Default Ganondorf (P3) entered the group with Fox (P4), Green Pit/MK (P2) and myself on Final Destination. He managed one. Second round on Temple and he pulled off two or three of them. Beat up the fight instigating Fox, too. Any Ganondorfs who know what they're doing out right now?

Lol. P2 and P3 just had epic deaths involving a ledgehopping Ganondorf on the FAR left corner of Temple and (at the bottom middle part) a flying bomb-omb wielding MK on a mission.

5:40 - It's now turned into a fight between P2 and P3, with P2 switching characters and P3 staying Ganondorf (and holding his own against Marth and MK). I'm having so much fun watching this.

6:00 - It turned all quiet and awkward after P4 and P3's fights (for some reason) so Ganondorf DC'd. And I had just decided to go at him the next round, too... All my previous fights with him got interrupted -- didn't get more than 45 seconds in before someone butted in.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
In a room with two 1v1s going on. One is a link ditto and the other is me and another player switching between characters. Kinda nice to get away from TPs once in a while...
Edit: It got ruin... FML

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
9:40 PM EST: GGs to the Gray Sheik/Green Kirby/Black Falco. I was the Red Ike, all the matches were on Final Destination, and there was a Green Marth spectating our matches. I hope you know that the -2 I got one round was because of the atrocious lag… two Naircides and one failed recovery. I was so mortified that, next round, (when there was a lot less lag) I got a score of +3, lol. The matches weren't that off otherwise. I had fun. You were the only one-on-one I've had all day. Really.

5:19 AM EST: I think I just saw a Ganondorf soar through the skies. First time I've ever seen that. Default Ganondorf (P3) entered the group with Fox (P4), Green Pit/MK (P2) and myself on Final Destination. He managed one. Second round on Temple and he pulled off two or three of them. Beat up the fight instigating Fox, too. Any Ganondorfs who know what they're doing out right now?

Lol. P2 and P3 just had epic deaths involving a ledgehopping Ganondorf on the FAR left corner of Temple and (at the bottom middle part) a flying bomb-omb wielding MK on a mission.

5:40 - It's now turned into a fight between P2 and P3, with P2 switching characters and P3 staying Ganondorf (and holding his own against Marth and MK). I'm having so much fun watching this.

6:00 - It turned all quiet and awkward after P4 and P3's fights (for some reason) so Ganondorf DC'd. And I had just decided to go at him the next round, too... All my previous fights with him got interrupted -- didn't get more than 45 seconds in before someone butted in.
The trick the Ganon was doing was probably FOG... Did he do it with air dodge or wizard kick? If you can do it with air dodge consistently, on WIFI... It's a lot easier offline.

kaazers

Smash Master
someonerandom: I've heard about the infamous Flight of Ganon in passing, but that was the first time I ever saw it myself. He had to do it twice before I believed my eyes, lol. He did quite a few wizard kicks and air dodges, but he definitely AD'd more.

Anyway, I'm sure he's on these boards. He knew what he was doing. Also, switched to Samus for one round -- otherwise went Ganon all the way.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Ran into yet another partyist (implying it happens often) who switched to a really decent purple Ness to fight my Lucas. The matches were pretty good aside from the intervention of a noob Ike/Lucario
I think I remember doing something like this that day. Possibly. Not sure. What other characters did the Ness play as? I'm usually blue Pit, but I also use blue/purple TL, white ICs, and (obviously) Ness as well.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
A good Olimar in TB? This is a first!

I finally ran into a good Olimar in Team Battle for the first time ever. Good games. Normally my Ganon and other low tiers gimp online Olimars consistently, but this Olimar was the first I ever saw who could gimp others. Every match was on Final Destination, while I never picked it.

Unfortunately, there was always one specific bad player who ruined the balance. I rejoiced when that player left, but then before we could get another match, the group disconnected in the waiting room. Such is life.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
how regional is bb and tb? I mean I know it has to be somewhat confined simply because the time of day effects how many players are on, so it can't be a global pool. Also I run into the same people alot at night, and I know its the same people. I wonder if its confined to states and countries...maybe cities when they are big enough. Or maybe the pool of players is organized by server priorities? anybody know how its all organized and divided?

:phone:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
My 3 TB encounters here vary across the U.S.

As someone who has confirmed meeting three people on these forums in random Team Battles (and possibly other unconfirmed ones), it's safe to say that I have run into others from across the United States. It's hard to say just just how far it reaches, so mixed U.S. / international groups could be a possibility. Anyone can easily confirm that you reach others outside your time zone by playing Smashville from 8 p.m. to midnight on Saturday nights. If your match does not have the special music selections, then you are playing someone from a different time zone (or they just haven't properly set their clock.)

Therefore, I would most likely attribute our patterns of common groups (and lack thereof) not as much to regional differences, but to the schedules we all have. Our work / school / whatever hours are the main factors preventing us from running into some players. Maybe all the good Olimars, for instance, mostly play while I am unavailable? Who knows....

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Why have I been getting all the bull**** groups lately -_-

Nobody for about three days....

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
Weird thing happened to me. So I launch brawl through Gecko and start up Online brawl and everyone starts acting retarted and they start to kill themselves...I was in this one match where i was a default marth and i was in a group with a blue ike a zelda and a link. For a second they just stood there and then the link attacked me and then killed himself:glare: then the ike decided to kill himself while the zelda was attacking the air...sigh i mean it was hilarious though i just infinite jumped above them.,..oh and i decided to watch spectator and everyone was ******** on there as well, with the suicide and what not, makes no sense, but i had a good laugh :awesome:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Weird thing happened to me. So I launch brawl through Gecko and start up Online brawl and everyone starts acting retarted and they start to kill themselves...I was in this one match where i was a default marth and i was in a group with a blue ike a zelda and a link. For a second they just stood there and then the link attacked me and then killed himself:glare: then the ike decided to kill himself while the zelda was attacking the air...sigh i mean it was hilarious though i just infinite jumped above them.,..oh and i decided to watch spectator and everyone was ******** on there as well, with the suicide and what not, makes no sense, but i had a good laugh :awesome:
Sounds like they desynced.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Okay I have no idea what a desync is...I mean i have a slight clue, but could you kindly explain :) please?
Basically means that you lose connection with the other players, but not necessarily disconnecting, now. The match will still run fine, but you'll be seeing the other players doing different things than what they're actually doing on their screen, and the same goes for them when they watch your character, probably (A.K.A. suiciding, etc.), which could be most certainly due to the hack that you're using. It's probably just not Wi-Fi safe.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
well, to put it loosely ,its when something on your screen doesn't happen on the opponents screen. The wii basically goes WTF and disconnects. Happens mainly while using hacks.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Think I was just in a group with TFO. I saw you were in a team battle when I checked my friend roster for anyone to battle, then in the first group I joined there was a decent Lucas. The other player worth mentioning was a Marth user who used some other characters as well. It was pretty epic, we were teamed up three times in a row and won by a considerable margin each time. And at the end of one, we both did our up taunt at the exact same time right next to each other. It was sexy. We won that one by like +5. (TFO, if it was him, had a bad partner) And in the last game before I had to go, my partner was a Snake whose strategy was to lay mines and wait behind them. I stopped taking it seriously, but still ended up winning by 1. Was a good group, no items and good stages.

TheFourthOctave

Smash Cadet
I don't think that was me, I only had 1 match on team brawl. I was mostly on BB.

Speaking of which, both rooms I was in today had teamers. The first had a ZSS(who started attacking the ROB), Fox/Wolf, and a ROB. The poor Fox was soundly beaten. I have never seen so many PK Fires/thunders connect on a character with a reflector.
The second room had a team of a really good PT/Wario/Ness, a pretty good Diddy/etc. and a bad Link. At some point it devolved into friendly matches between me and the PT. ggs

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I hereby proclaim "Teamers" as the term for two/three people who bluntly KO innocent bystanders. Let this be known that Teamers are increasing in numbers!

Hide you kids and hide yo wife (not yo husband tho he ugglayyy) cuz they comin out fo yo fooo

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Encountered a pretty good Ganny lastnite. I know it wasn't AV though becuz this guy was almost unhuman as a Ganny. I enter a room as green Snake and he wins that first match. Although I didn't do much. The next match, we went at it at the bottom of temple and both got a KO on eachother. I then get the best of him in SD after he tried killing me with a utilt. I ain't that gullible. I got him with my own utilt. He then DCs the whole before the start of the next match. My only assumption is that he DC'd the group becuz he had been winning the past matches becuz there wasn't a single good player in the group besides him. Then I come along and end his little tyrannical reign and he gets pissed off that someone better came along and if he can't win then no one will so he DCs the group. Simple as that.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I hereby proclaim "Teamers" as the term for two/three people who bluntly KO innocent bystanders. Let this be known that Teamers are increasing in numbers!

Hide you kids and hide yo wife (not yo husband tho he ugglayyy) cuz they comin out fo yo fooo
I better be backin' up, backin' up, and backin' up outta there, then, 'cause my daddy taught me good!

Zulo

Smash Ace

double rainbow all the way across the sky, yeah yeaaaah so intense

TFO: Did the ZSS play like me? Do you remember what color? I fought a lot of Lucas's today.

TheFourthOctave

Smash Cadet
Zulo: the ZSS switched to Jigglypuff at some point.

Grouped up on again by a Toon Link, white MK and Sonic/Kirby, all three decent. I probably shouldn't have instigated them.

Top Bottom