• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
I played an awesome Green Zelda in a Zelda ditto today. A noob Mario and Link kept getting in the way of our fight, but that Zelda knew how to love jump and whatnot. Then my Wii Desynced and dropped. -.-

MechaWave

Smash Champion

double rainbow all the way across the sky, yeah yeaaaah so intense
Just to express my opinion, when this was "popular" it was highly overrated. It was not funny. It's a perfect example of when "trying too hard" works.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
well, to put it loosely ,its when something on your screen doesn't happen on the opponents screen. The wii basically goes WTF and disconnects. Happens mainly while using hacks.
That's half right. Wifi only desyncs if one is using a stage with major edits (most textures work), a character texture with bone edits (although, some are known to work on wifi, such as Captain Blaziken) or model replacements. Wifi also desyncs if PSA's and codesets are being used. I never get on wifi without textures =P

EDIT: Oh and custom music, depending on the brstm and stage used, can desync wifi as well

MechaWave

Smash Champion
9K is correct. I always have hacks on unless if it's testing my PSA, since that will obviously desync me.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Zulo: the ZSS switched to Jigglypuff at some point.

Grouped up on again by a Toon Link, white MK and Sonic/Kirby, all three decent. I probably shouldn't have instigated them.
Don't worry. They'll get their "just desserts" if I'm ever lucky enough to encounter one of 'em. Mmmm dessert...:D Courtesy of the Taunt/Teamer's Party Destruction commitee.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
Shield signal

Had some fun last night with a green/blue zelda...knew the shield signal saw her in two rooms. Pretty darn good player, but I played into her hands. I was the purple tink in agro mode.I kept jumping in and getting punished, should have spammed bombs. Was fun though, even if three way fights are a bit unbalanced.third fighter (ness/gannon/dk/ike) was pretty good too, just too bad that all the items showed up with that wolf..at least it made the dc easier to take.

:phone:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I love these Lucas /Ness players that actually know what I want them to do. I Been using Lucario lately and I use Down B once or twice and they understood and used their down B and I shoot Aura Spheres at them to heal them. I had one smart Zelda understand and wanted her to use Neutral B so I could make it reflect back at me and allow it to KO me. Been trying my Lucario but I still need work with him.

:phone:

Zulo

Smash Ace
Zulo: the ZSS switched to Jigglypuff at some point.

Grouped up on again by a Toon Link, white MK and Sonic/Kirby, all three decent. I probably shouldn't have instigated them.
Might have been me. I used Jigglypuff yesterday.

Two good groups today. Well, two good players. And I think they might have been the same. First was in TB, a Pikachu main that was pretty good (good ROB too). I was the Pit/Marth/ZSS as usual. Then in BB, a brown Mario let me 2v1 some TPers who kinda knew what they were doing, without going afk. Appreciate it, good sir. The TPers were really annoying though. Luckily I won most of the time even when I wasn't really trying. I tried some of the times, but that didn't seem to help so I just went all aggro in the end.

Should've done the shield signal, but forgot. Meh.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Encountered 2 different noob Marios in a row in 2 different groups. The first was a brown/fire Mario who basically I made my ***** with green Snake. He overused the cape too much. SPIKE! B)

The 2nd one was just normal color and he annoyed me so I ****ed him up with ummmm Ike I think. I was also tan Ike/green Snake in another room with a blue Ike, dark Samus/ZSS, and an afk Jigglypuff.

Just now, I was having friendlies with a red Snake with my green Snake. We teamed on this Fox becuz he kept butting in the fight and owned him horribly. We resumed our bouts with each of us getting even KO's and respectfully giving back the point. This guy was awesome in more ways than one.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Fought an amazing pink Dedede yesterday.

Might be the Olimar everyone was talking about before, because he was that for a few rounds before switching. I was excited to find someone that knew their stuff, so I was really eager to fight him. 'Course, considering my skill level I usually got slaughtered (and thrown against a wall about a thousand times), but I still enjoyed the challenge. So, if you're out there: I respect you bro. I do not, however, respect your noob G&W partner who didn't seem to realise that spamming A at me would break your infinite.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Ran into 2 more Snakes just about 30 minutes ago. The first one was a total noob and I owned him with my own green Snake of course. He left and another one entered along with a Ganny. This one was a step above but wasn't better that me and also succumbed to my might. I quit when someone turned items on and we were on FD. Just can't take that crap...

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Fought an amazing pink Dedede yesterday.

Might be the Olimar everyone was talking about before, because he was that for a few rounds before switching. I was excited to find someone that knew their stuff, so I was really eager to fight him. 'Course, considering my skill level I usually got slaughtered (and thrown against a wall about a thousand times), but I still enjoyed the challenge. So, if you're out there: I respect you bro. I do not, however, respect your noob G&W partner who didn't seem to realise that spamming A at me would break your infinite.
Hmm, did the Dedede use a lot of Bairs and down-throw you a lot? I play as a pink D3 a lot on Wi-Fi since no one knows how to beat him.

@Sephy: AFK ≠ AFC.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Fought a ZSS/Marth today that was pretty good, played similarly to me... except used items. Hate when good players use items. Other than that we were about even.

Other groups today sucked. There was one but it was just too laggy. All four players were good though, for shame.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im gonna be in hiatus for awhile - havent played in over a week

sick of this game

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, did the Dedede use a lot of Bairs and down-throw you a lot? I play as a pink D3 a lot on Wi-Fi since no one knows how to beat him.

@Sephy: AFK ≠ AFC.
Were you fighting a blue Pit? My god, the down throws... X_X I shouldn't have fallen for that so much. But if that was you, THANK YOU. I didn't want to leave the room. xD'

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I keep trying to go BB and TB, but I never connect anymore. It's too bad, today felt like a trolling day.

sick of this game
Meh... it was bound to happen. Probably not gonna see this, but have fuuun!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im kinda busy irl and playing other games so its like i dont really have time to just turn on brawl and go online for the same old **** everyday

you get tired of seeing it all the time

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
im kinda busy irl and playing other games so its like i dont really have time to just turn on brawl and go online for the same old **** everyday

you get tired of seeing it all the time
This. Partly why I haven't been on in months then I got more games for the PS3 and working on collecting trophies. I'm so behind on trophies......

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Yeeeeeeep. ♥ GGs
:'D GGs

Hey, would you mind having a few one-on-ones sometime? :p I was kinda being double teamed almost the whole time, sooooo... I never really got the chance for that. But it was a good match nonetheless! (Well, except for that one time on Rainbow Cruise. All I could think at the start was "omg im between dedede and a wall omg omg omg get awaaay- ...D':")

Zulo

Smash Ace
There's a good ROB in team battle with me right now. Pretty rare. If you're a member here, I want to fight you 1v1 because I'm playing horribly right now these people keep getting in the way and the lag and items and all.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
There's a good ROB in team battle with me right now. Pretty rare. If you're a member here, I want to fight you 1v1 because I'm playing horribly right now these people keep getting in the way and the lag and items and all.
Ah... nothing like charging an fmash that looks liable to hit a recovering noob, but then a bob-omb/smart bomb appears right in front of you as you let go and "BOOM!" I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me lately, especially in team battles... Lmao.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I unfortunately had to leave the group. MKs and Pokeballs and stuff. If you're trolls, you win. If you're salty, get back to me and I'll play you under better circumstances. -grumblegrumble-

I basically got double teamed by MKs spamming pokeballs while my partner stumbled around with a Bonsly in the opposite corner. Dislike.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Lol. Looks like I'm not the only one having issues with the douchebags on With Anyone....

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
team battle yesterday. Two marths wrecking **** up against two noobs that would always copy our characters. They somehow learned how to do our moves such the noob would spam stone with kirby then they would spam jolt with pikachu while jumping, then chaingrab from FFing fair. They got all this except kirby from my partner.
I blame you falco,fox,marth and wario.
It turns out P3 was pretty good but he was trolling us.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Influencing another Samus + Vacation from Brawl

Within the last hour, I was doing some random Team Battles. I often do at least one taunt transformation in a match whenever I pick Samus, even if it's in the final seconds. Sure enough, in the very next match, P2 decided to go Samus for a while, trying the taunt transformation over and over. She [I use character's gender for simplicity] wasn't nearly as proficient at the trick as my Samus. Then again, it's extremely rare to find another proficient (i.e. first try 99% of the time) taunt transformer online. Anyway she picked some of the most inappropriate times to try it. If I happened to be Ganon, let's just say that she made my neutral B a very viable option. :-) It's fun to see how much we can influence players online.

sick of this game
Yeah, I get in those spells at times. Heck, I haven't played online much this week since I have been so busy. Sometimes I'll go away from Brawl for a few months, and then I pick up some other character or improve existing mains / reduce bad habits when I return.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
***** a Kirby, Marth, and Wario TP, lots of items,10 KOs, 1 fall.

EAT MY BALLS *****ES!!! :grin::grin::grin:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I believe it easily

I find this hard to believe.
All of them surely was afc at the moment. Or u abused fox/sonic's final smash.
It is not hard to believe at all. Heck, I have old replays from 2009 where I'd end up with a +8 against bad taunters. Ten is not a stretch at all, given how bad most taunters are.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I got four FS kills, three item kills, two spikes, and one regular kill ( I was on Wolf )

kaazers

Smash Master
P4 = Retro (brown) Toon Link/Blue Ike/Red Ganondorf/Green(?) Fox (friendlies sparring partner)
P3 = Dark Link/White Bowser/Dark Wolf/Falco/Black Samus (spectator and friend to both P4 and myself)
P2 = Bunch of random players. P3 fought a few of them
P1 = Green Marth/Green Ike

P3, P4 and myself spent time fighting CPUs on Battlefield. I was Marth for a long time but by then had switched to Ike (and didn't change characters after this). It was CPU&Battlefield, CPU&Battlefield, CPU&Battlefield… P4 Blue Ike got most of the kills. Finally got Temple with no CPUs and was just thinking I wanted to fight P4 when he came over and politely asked for one. We gave back points after each kill, and didn't start the fight until we both taunted, "Prepare yourself." After a few rounds he opted to switch to his main (I assume) Retro Toon Link. Signal changed to "Prepare yourself," and Toon Link's victory cry taunt. Fought on Temple for a long time and then Corneria for a while (right side). There were two rounds of Final Destination versus his Red Ganondorf -- for the most part it was vs Toon Link on Temple or Corneria, though.

We fought for a long time. Last few rounds were on Temple against his Fox. I really had to leave at that point, but didn't want to just run away so during SD, when we usually all jump to our deaths as quickly as we could, I ducked/bowed multiple times. Fox screeched to a stop and slowly did it back. That was me saying bye, P4. Lol Anyway, it was the most fun I had on BB in a while.

Otherwise had a lot of item infested fights today, yep.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Oh I forgot to mention. Kaazers, that Ganon you mentioned awhile back was Alien Vision, he remembered that fight.

kaazers

Smash Master
Really?

And I thought you were generalizing when you said it was probably him. Now I really wish I had a chance to fight him, lol. Cool, second time seeing him on BB (I was totally there, watching on the sidelines when he fought that good Snake/Rob on FD aaaaages ago).

It's odd being on this thread without hearing the pitter patter of Alien Vision's loud boasting. Ah well.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
GGs to this player. Kinda hard to describe since the player kept changing... earlier, I trolled this player and timed him because of how he kept trying to attack me even with CPUs around. I left and got in a room with the same player. I am/was a blue Marth and a Orange weegee. I just don't find playing you while running away from someone else so fun to do...

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Idk if this dark Fox/pink MK had a stick removed from his *** but wow. Started in a group as green Marth with a dark Samus, dark Fox, and afk random. We started on the friggin moving Mario stage and the Fox started attacking everyone. He got off a few KOs but I won that match. Next match was on Spear Pillar and I destroyed his Fox with my green Snake. 3 stocked him although 2 kos were caused by the stage but I still caused him loads of damage. Won that match and not to my surprise, he brought out his MK. -_- He failed miserably on that as I won again by just "playing" with him. The next was on New Pork City where we got SD and I got killed by bombs. The Samus won that one. Afterwards on Shadow Moses Island, he seemed to change. He didn't attack me but offered friendship by crouching. Me being a ****in *****, accepted and afterwards quit the group cuz it was no fun anymore.......meh...

Someone make another post! I got another story I would love to post!

MechaWave

Smash Champion
:'D GGs

Hey, would you mind having a few one-on-ones sometime? :p I was kinda being double teamed almost the whole time, sooooo... I never really got the chance for that. But it was a good match nonetheless! (Well, except for that one time on Rainbow Cruise. All I could think at the start was "omg im between dedede and a wall omg omg omg get awaaay- ...D':")
Maybe. If you can't tell I'm extremely preoccupied with some heavy workload, which explains my lack of activity recently.

Top Bottom