• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I always watch out for lazy *** pacifists, because they sometimes just want free KOs.

I kept a couple taunters under my control for most of an hour, but I had to keep them under subjection, when they were constantly trying to ****ing rebel and get out from under my rule.

I eventually gave up slave driving and ***** and DCd.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Nice Snake duo out there in TB

I just ran into an interesting Snake duo in Team Battle. They both definitely had good 'nade and tech skills. I was glad that their Sudden Death didn't exceed the time limit for me to save the replay. It almost looked like they were showing off after the Ness and I were eliminated. The next match, my Samus was paired with Ness, against the dynamic Snake duo. At first I thought that match was going to be trouble, dealing with the Snake duo. Strangely enough, despite how skilled they appeared to be, they had no answer to my Samus's ledge game. I really wish you guys wouldn't have left after just two rounds. I'll stick around a bit longer to see if I can find you guys again. Good games, btw, as few as they were.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I wish I could say the same. Three people I don't like are A. Spindash stalling under Temple, B. Jumping around the ledge and C. Spotdodging/teching on the walls in sudden death. I killed myself because sudden death is dumb. It's been going on for a few minutes. Who says I should disconnect? None of them are good. Except the Bowser is good at teching. -stares-

I did see some good players today though, not going to lie.

And now this Link.

>Good Link in a group with me on BB.
>Dyclone is a good Link.
>Dyclone is in a group with me on BB.

Logic = success.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Same here. I've seen a good PT main, the aforementioned Fox, etc., and a fairly good white marth ( trying to act all fancy ***, as usual with their kind -_-. )

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Stalling / planking nullified in TB

I wish I could say the same. Three people I don't like are A. Spindash stalling under Temple, B. Jumping around the ledge and C. Spotdodging/teching on the walls in sudden death. I killed myself because sudden death is dumb. It's been going on for a few minutes. Who says I should disconnect? None of them are good. Except the Bowser is good at teching. -stares- [...]
Ah, this is the beauty of Team Battle (despite its own issues) over Basic Brawl. Anytime I ever see one player trying to camp, plank, stall, taunt spam, etc. in TB, then I just ignore them altogether and double team their partner. Hence, such tactics are nullified (or effectively minimized at the very least.)

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It's full on noobs pretty much every day.

I've never seen anyone play pro on there, and rarely is there a decent player.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Sorry guys I must be taking all the good groups today. >]

But I'm done now so have fun. Good games to player four, started out Link but changed characters a bunch. Team battle.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Patience and late hours are key to TB

I agree that TB often has bad players, and it has been noticeably bad during the day, but Basic suffers from this as well. I seldom ever have a whole group of good players in Basic Brawl. At best I might face one or two in a group, but there is always at least one who is either idle, terrible, or just flat out ruins ongoing duels with the good players. Some are just better at hiding this.

Team Battle is generally better in the later hours, but it just takes patience to get a group of good players. Lots of patience. When they're bad, I practice with lesser used characters until better players arrive. Even if they never do, I get to improve characters that I am bad with. Unless of course they are just item trolls or lag, then they get disconnected.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I agree that TB often has bad players, and it has been noticeably bad during the day, but Basic suffers from this as well. I seldom ever have a whole group of good players in Basic Brawl. At best I might face one or two in a group, but there is always at least one who is either idle, terrible, or just flat out ruins ongoing duels with the good players. Some are just better at hiding this.

Team Battle is generally better in the later hours, but it just takes patience to get a group of good players. Lots of patience. When they're bad, I practice with lesser used characters until better players arrive. Even if they never do, I get to improve characters that I am bad with. Unless of course they are just item trolls or lag, then they get disconnected.
Yep, this pretty much sums it up all in one package... Such a shame, too, really. And plus, I don't know about everyone else here, but the button delay online is just...really starting to ruin the whole Wi-Fi experience for me altogether, as of now. It's almost becoming unbearable. I can't properly execute my method of attacking like I want to worth diddly-squat, and it often ends up getting me killed in item-fests, playing against certain characters who have a lot of length and speed advantage (to name a few, mainly Marth, Meta Knight, and Lucario), and just how it's so hard to be precise with my set-ups in the way that I want to use them. I don't know if it really is just me around here, but yeah, I feel like it's just really starting to affect my whole way of play, and for the worst, rather. =/ (Man, Mario Kart 7 can't come soon enough... Hope the online is at least way better than this game's.)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
played with a fox/red falco this morning had some fun

now these guy is going red falco against my pika oh happy times. Blue mk looks like he'll be annoying. Time to camp

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Nothing but scrubby groups today. Just a few minutes ago I got stuck with some *******s that were not only scrubby, but wouldn't leave. :mad::mad::mad:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i ran into a MK and we just trolled everyone on temple

green mk/black mario and me on red fox/mk LOL

crashed a 3v1 room went MK/rainbow won and rage quit lol

i love it

David Wonn

Smash Ace
GGs to the MK / Falcon & other Ganon

Just want to say good games once again in Team Battle to the players I just finished fighting. One in particular started out as Meta Knight, but his team never had a chance against my Ganon. It wasn't necessarily his fault, as we often had a scrub or two in the mix. Anyway he eventually switched and mostly stayed with Captain Falcon to make the battles more manly. The two of us were generally the ones dominating the group, but occasionally another decent player would stop in, like another Ganon. Unfortunately someone lagged us to death in the end, so everyone bailed out after that last match. I hope we get to fight again, but without lag or items next time.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Geezus........what has become of BB since I've been on hiatus? Its even worse than it was before. Now I'm encountering neutral scrubby players every single match. Theres an ocassional decent fighter but its really rare now. The Wario fighting the Blue Peach I watched earlier was pretty funny to watch though.....

Dyclone

Smash Ace
^Still salty about the ban, I picked MK spammed nado won and broke up the taunt party in one try
How's that for gay?

Zulo

Smash Ace
I think this brown Samus/Wario in BB right now is David Wonn. Me on green Samus/Pit.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
^Still salty about the ban, I picked MK spammed nado won and broke up the taunt party in one try
How's that for gay?
Total ***, except that a skilled taunter ( like they actually exist anymore ) could easily counter it.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I met a green Mario who I became friends with and accidentally ***** him by mistake. I thought he was another green Mario that was a total ****head in another match. I figured out it was my ally when he changed to green Donkey Kong. Sorry that my red G-dorf roughed you up, man.....

Sephy95

Smash Lord
The guy seemed pretty decent as a Mario, if I knew he was my friend from the beginning, I thought he'd be able to hold his own.....especially against my Ganny. I 2 stocked him before the match ended though so.........guess he wasn't as good as I thought.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Even the guy who posted sucked ****.

Another really funny similar video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7NCVytH6oc

Oh, and if you want to know Ganon's emotions during the FFA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj3W_R8BcSE

Noob rage is always amusing.
Ganon looked happier than usual. I knew he sucked, I just kept it to myself.
I do some of those things, especially play on ******** stages for fun
I met a green Mario who I became friends with and accidentally ***** him by mistake. I thought he was another green Mario that was a total ****head in another match. I figured out it was my ally when he changed to green Donkey Kong. Sorry that my red G-dorf roughed you up, man.....

which is why whenever you gain an ally/enemy, it's best to try to remember which player number it is

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
To me, decent isn't good enough. If they don't seem pro, they will be wasted. :reverse:

Once had a great time with a low tier player, we were just ******.

Seems like I don't get along well with other high tier mains, xD.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Ganon looked happier than usual. I knew he sucked, I just kept it to myself.
I do some of those things, especially play on ******** stages for fun

which is why whenever you gain an ally/enemy, it's best to try to remember which player number it is
The original group was DC'd though and we met in another new group. I assumed it was the ****head cuz he approached me menacingly......I felt kinda bad afterwards...

FoxBlaze, are you saying you would attack a decent player if they're not good enough? :o

Zulo

Smash Ace
Was just in a great group. Well P4 hasn't left. But the other two did. All the players were good, used mid and low tiers, good stages and no items, and every game was close and a total free for all. I only saved one match though because I got a good arrow loop combo in it.

Edit: Well it's turned into 3-vs-Zulo with items group but at least there're two other good players. And they're not abusing items too much.

Edit 2: Well I ended up getting to 1v1 people, they took turns deciding who would fight me! Was awesome... then this fox came. He refused to let me fight anyone but him (though I was beating him pretty bad with ZSS, who I don't even use) and eventually DC'd the group. Thanks, appreciate it. He was obviously not a newb, but he was not as good as the other people who I wanted to fight. Obviously, since I beat him most the time with a random character..

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Was a little bipolar tonight. Was on good terms with a white c. falcon and an Ike/DDD but then just wanted an excuse to attack them. The Ike was more than willing and I owned both as green Snake/green Marth while the 4th player just sat by. In all it was an ok warm up.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
playing atm

not surprised AV is perma banned

also 6,000 posts got

ran into a cool blue pika/default pt lol fun stuff

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
anything interesting going on? i was raging hard on noobs for not getting any sleep last night lol

on red fox atm

oh goodie a trolling purple TL and black GW lets go -- going red wolf

black gw is now, red mk, black marth, gold ike, green olimar, red pt

purple TL rage quit

LOL THIS SONIC/WARIO IS TROLLING HIM BACK and now hes giving me free kills LOL

welp that was fun off to the next battle

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
The original group was DC'd though and we met in another new group. I assumed it was the ****head cuz he approached me menacingly......I felt kinda bad afterwards...

FoxBlaze, are you saying you would attack a decent player if they're not good enough? :o
Of course.

anything interesting going on? i was raging hard on noobs for not getting any sleep last night lol

on red fox atm

oh goodie a trolling purple TL and black GW lets go -- going red wolf

black gw is now, red mk, black marth, gold ike, green olimar, red pt

purple TL rage quit

LOL THIS SONIC/WARIO IS TROLLING HIM BACK and now hes giving me free kills LOL

welp that was fun off to the next battle
I think I saw that TL.

Damn. Just tried to **** a crappy crasher except two gay *** noobs were trying to "help" :grrr:
After he left, some mother****ing **** - **** Sonic came in, item trolled hell :mad::mad::mad:

Top Bottom