• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
who da green PT i just 1v1 now on my red pikachu?

dat **** going up on yt, ggs. Your charizard got ***** but ya came back on squirts abit :troll: they're on green kirby now. We got a reg. ike, and blue kirby in here now too.

Room DC'ed :o

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I DACUS alot.

I like to charge my needles with fashion. XD I jump and Side-B my needles between jumps.

I still use her F-Smash. Hasn't let me down yet, and I am very aware that people can grab me out of it. I mix it up though. :3 By pressuring my opponent to where they freeze up. Lol.

I love to kill people recovering with Up-B, and I will edge guard aswell.

Basically me in a nutshell.

FIND ME :x

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i am dude havent run into a sheik yet

and yea i would expect you to know those things

link2702

Smash Champion
i'm just gonna take a wild guess and say it was zulo with all the red characters i just faced.

ggs until you decided to double team me with the black pit the last match. :|

god why did those other players have to constantly get in the way....and if it wasn't for the stage being temple i could of got taht dumb toon link in the chaingrab with the ice climbers, i was trying to make a point for him to GTFO while were were doing a 1v1.

Zulo

Smash Ace
1) I haven't been brawling at all today and 2) I use green mostly. Srry.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Feels good doesn't it?;) I do it all the time. A tip though, never leave unless they all do. It always pisses them off. Or you can d/c them.

Met this good red ike on bb. I didn't feel like dittoing him so i was olimar. Try using more aerials and grab more times than you spam fsmash. A simple pummel break will guarantee a free jab combo/cancel. And sorry for trolling you with my pikmin.
It felt great, espcially since I was dominating those guys. I'll remember that next time I can get on/crash a room.

I don't usually D/C a room unless a noob goes MK, or we battle on Temple too much.

link2702

Smash Champion
mm....well it was definatly someone i faced that knew what they were doing to a degree...

i don't think he expected all those arrow loops i did with my own pit though, when we had a pit ditto it seriously threw him off, especially since alot of em were actually accurate enough and hitting >:}

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
What do you do in a nutshell?

So I can find you, Dark.
gimmie a few minutes i'll upload a 1v1 fight i had with that PT. I did really well against him and describes my play style/behavior perfectly. Everything from how i behave when i spawn in, to how i sometimes behave when i kill someone in a spar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqa2uPB-bW0

^^^^ me in a nutshell

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I was in a taunt party friday, and there was a crasher who used Lucas and kept losing, so he switch to MK and spammed tornado! I tried fighting him but I kept getting stuck in tornado's. Can someone please tell me how to fight those types of players?

FIREL

Smash Ace
Be patient and attack him when you get the chance.

Or use snake and spam nades.....

Yay for 500............................

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
It's just a number......

Yay...............................................................

Congrats...................

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Dark..................................

Where is that replay..................

You ****.....................

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
You have a pretty sexy :pikachu: going on there.

Fascinating match.

Now I'm curious if you could handle my :sheik:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
SupaSairentoZ7, I think i played you, do you remember this:

Yesturday I was in a very fun TP with a kirby and Jigglypuff, then after 3 matches of us being alone, a Peach came in. During the first match with the peach player, the jigglypuff accidently gave me 22% damage, so I smashed that player. Then Peach starts fighting me and runs away. The next match, Peach took out a projectile and saves it the whole time in case I would go near. We had a sudden death that much and after like 20 seconds, the peach used side B on me, and right before I got KO'd I left the room and D/C'd them all. I hope the Peach player got mad and learned to never do that again. During the first 4 matches, I wask DK, on the last match I was Ike.
Dark 3nergy, I wish I can find players as good as you in BB. Most of the players I fight are Kirby's who think down special is a great move.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
gimmie a few minutes i'll upload a 1v1 fight i had with that PT. I did really well against him and describes my play style/behavior perfectly. Everything from how i behave when i spawn in, to how i sometimes behave when i kill someone in a spar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqa2uPB-bW0

^^^^ me in a nutshell
Lol. Looks like you really caught him/her off-guard when you suddenly went out with a canceled quick attack at the beginning of the match there. I really like your use of utilt to string into aerials; it's what I try to do a lot too. By the way, coulda jab locked at 1:55—that woulda been amazing. Lol. Really nice match, though.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Lol. Looks like you really caught him/her off-guard when you suddenly went out with a canceled quick attack at the beginning of the match there. I really like your use of utilt to string into aerials; it's what I try to do a lot too. By the way, coulda jab locked at 1:55—that woulda been amazing. Lol. Really nice match, though.
Jab lock infinite is something i rarely do due to lag =\, but i've done it some times. Im much more interested in how squirtle's moves kept clashing with pikachus. His fair's were canceling tjolts. Maybe i should of Dair'ed more and spaced my dtilts better. Cause i definitely ftilt waaay too much. Dtilt leads into combos too.

I had him abit pre-downloaded from the few matches we were in. Typically i dont start out with QaC into stuff, but i was like why not? He kept apparoaching using flame thrower in previous rounds. Though if you watch the Ivy portion my miscalculation cost me when i didnt QaC into the platform far enough.

Utilt into aerials works really well in BB because of the FFA environment and they cant DI out. So if you have literally no room no time to grab, utilt x2 and nair/uair/fair work great to build damage if you get in early. I also prefer doing that to characters like Lucario and Tink who like to Dair out of dthrow mix ups.

You have a pretty sexy :pikachu: going on there.

Fascinating match.

Now I'm curious if you could handle my :sheik:
pikachu ***** sheik because of the CG. I cant do the dthrow one online but fthrow one is ez

SupaSairentoZ7, I think i played you, do you remember this:

Dark 3nergy, I wish I can find players as good as you in BB. Most of the players I fight are Kirby's who think down special is a great move.
Believe it or not after that match with PT, he got on kirby and started going throws, to mix ups. He was pretty steamed with me

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I am rather embarressed by that PT. His Squirtle was good, but Squirtle is already good to begin with. Though he needs to learn that D-throw=win/practice his air game with Squirtle. Ivy wasn't that bad since she's already hindered by her recover, but that PT made her look worse with using D-smash a lot. (One of Ivy's worst Smashes if not moves) Charizard...

well I don't even have to go into detail about his failure.

Still, he's better then most of the PT's I see on wifi.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Hes got his problems, but his kirby is much more refined. I think his PT was just his trolling character. I dont think he understands how to space PTs air normals well as in previous fights he would try to bair me on his charzaird and the hit box never came out because he got too close to the ground.

I think once he figures out how to space Charizards tilts, air normals. And how to use Ivysaur he'll be good to go. Man Ivysaurs can be scary because they get you in nair>utilt combos, dthrow>upb or worse bullet seed at 0% and it sets you up for some scary follow ups if your not careful.

Players **** on Ivysaur so much at high level play, but i respect her so much because DDD has the same movement speed as she does, but i like her normals soo much more over DDDs. Shes like a smaller version of DDD with combos, a good ability to wall out and rack insane damage. She just lacks good priority moves and has a recovery people just need to work with her on.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I was in a taunt party friday, and there was a crasher who used Lucas and kept losing, so he switch to MK and spammed tornado! I tried fighting him but I kept getting stuck in tornado's. Can someone please tell me how to fight those types of players?
Learn to powershield cancel. It helped me teach a lesson to those spamming nado users. Good MKs would mix it up, abusing other gimmicks he has.

An easier method is to:
1. Shield the approaching nado
2. Grab if hes on the ground, tilt/aerial if hes in the air
3. Continue until he gets he's being punished.
4. Watch what he does. If he uses nado and then spotdodges, its ok to miss your grab.
5. If he does the new apporach again, you shield and once you see the spotdogde, you charge a smash attack and **** HIS **** UP.
6. Feel pro and do your u mad taunt/dance.

This is only against the spammy nado users, if you're up against a good MK, look for early kills/spikes.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Learn to powershield cancel. It helped me teach a lesson to those spamming nado users. Good MKs would mix it up, abusing other gimmicks he has.

An easier method is to:
1. Shield the approaching nado
2. Grab if hes on the ground, tilt/aerial if hes in the air
3. Continue until he gets he's being punished.
4. Watch what he does. If he uses nado and then spotdodges, its ok to miss your grab.
5. If he does the new apporach again, you shield and once you see the spotdogde, you charge a smash attack and **** HIS **** UP.
6. Feel pro and do your u mad taunt/dance.

This is only against the spammy nado users, if you're up against a good MK, look for early kills/spikes.
Thanks. I didn't know I can attack/grab mk during tornado.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I think once he figures out how to space Charizards tilts, air normals. And how to use Ivysaur he'll be good to go. Man Ivysaurs can be scary because they get you in nair>utilt combos, dthrow>upb or worse bullet seed at 0% and it sets you up for some scary follow ups if your not careful.

Players **** on Ivysaur so much at high level play, but i respect her so much because DDD has the same movement speed as she does, but i like her normals soo much more over DDDs. Shes like a smaller version of DDD with combos, a good ability to wall out and rack insane damage. She just lacks good priority moves and has a recovery people just need to work with her on.
Ivy's recovery is just too easy to gimp is the main problem. I love that feeling though when I get a sweetspotted Up-B which causes a stage spike to a player who thought edgehogging would make him win. Sure I die, but at least I make them think twice about edgehogging Ivy. Bullet Seed cn be murder at low %, Ivy can almost always follow up with something once she ends it. My personal favorite is Bullet Seed > Grab > DThrow > Vine Whip. I also am trying to get n-air > 2nd jump > n-air > up-air off.

Even though it was only a computer, I pulled off a really sexy combo with Charizard. It went: Up-smash > B-air > F-air, D-air. I went from the left platform on PS2, all the way to spiking the CPU on the right side of the stage. It felt soooooo good.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
pikachu ***** sheik because of the CG. I cant do the dthrow one online but fthrow one is ez
What if I didn't let you grab me? My Ganondorf has fought some really good Falco's and they have CG's they use all of the time and I still come out on top.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Hey blue ike in tp trying to copy my swag, did you like the 0-death combo I gave you with classic marth.:troll: Your poor teammates just stood there and watched as i gimped you and then daired you FTW. Next time don't copy my swag because i feel you were trying to mock me.

I wish I saved the replay.:(

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
What if I didn't let you grab me? My Ganondorf has fought some really good Falco's and they have CG's they use all of the time and I still come out on top.
you wont see my grab coming

Ivy's recovery is just too easy to gimp is the main problem. I love that feeling though when I get a sweetspotted Up-B which causes a stage spike to a player who thought edgehogging would make him win. Sure I die, but at least I make them think twice about edgehogging Ivy. Bullet Seed cn be murder at low %, Ivy can almost always follow up with something once she ends it. My personal favorite is Bullet Seed > Grab > DThrow > Vine Whip. I also am trying to get n-air > 2nd jump > n-air > up-air off.

Even though it was only a computer, I pulled off a really sexy combo with Charizard. It went: Up-smash > B-air > F-air, D-air. I went from the left platform on PS2, all the way to spiking the CPU on the right side of the stage. It felt soooooo good.
Charizard spike is one of my favorites. Just playing him alone makes me very happy :3 I forgot about that nair combo,:woman: ive had an ivy use that on me once

Finny

Smash Apprentice
lol I love the tension here. We should organize a wifi tourney open to bb/tb frequenters. To satisfy our hunger. For us.

Who's with me?!

David Wonn

Smash Ace
'Dorf says GGs to the Wario, Marth, & Lucario

I just wanted to say "good games" to the Wario, Marth, and Lucario I fought last night as Ganon in Team Battle on Final Destination. I am sorry we did not get more than a small handful of matches together, as it was refreshing to finally have an itemless group. I think it was the Marth that disconnected us, but it wasn't surprising as he clearly didn't have much Ganon matchup experience. I was about to leave anyway before the disconnection happened since bad storms were rolling in last night. I would like to fight you guys again if by chance it happens.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Oh really?

What makes you think that? ^-^.
Because if you were smart and actually studied videos of me playing wifi you'd know off the bat that i dont force my grabs. You will get grabbed when you least expect it.

I do have mind games, you just fail at watching me play.

Top Bottom