• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
We both know how futile that approach is. Get off BB, add my FC. I'll add yours, and we will do this the right way..

How about it, mhmm?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
lol

using what rules? This communitys terrible rule set? Get real, play on my terms in BB or go home kid.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I thought the ruleset was fair unless your MK. What are your rules? 2min free4alls? Just asking.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
If the rules they made actually worked then why do we need a rule set committee :troll: For the record i always have my items set to off. I just dont like the 8min timer and 3 stocks. Takes way too long to finish matches. I can do 4-6 SF4 matches in the time it takes to finish 1 brawl match

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Just a regular match where we can fight you **** ok **** now GTFO yuou **** if you don't want to even fight me you ****, got it **** you ****ing *****.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I can guess most of the words in this post. I have such a dirty mind.:facepalm:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
y so mad over a video game?

also black and white ice climbers, dont try too hard to grab me now ;)

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Why do you think I am mad?

All I said was: ''Just a regular match where we can fight you **** ok **** now GTFO yuou **** if you don't want to even fight me you ****, got it **** you ****ing *****. ''

What's so angry about that?

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
lol I love the tension here. We should organize a wifi tourney open to bb/tb frequenters. To satisfy our hunger. For us.

Who's with me?!
I agree with this statement but I can't play during the school year... Organize this during Christmas or Thanksgiving.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Yes.. Organise it then so I can give you all a ''happy'' Christmas present with some LIGHTNING, and some THUNDER of undefeatable doom!

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I thought the ruleset was fair unless your MK.
Because now these days people always want to time people out it makes it annoying and is how they win their matches. Sonic is an example I'll use, but if he gets the lead what will you expect him to do? He'll run away until the timer runs out. I don't mind stock matches. I just hate the timer.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
that's why you don't give him the lead
That is easier said than done based on the player's experience. Player's that don't know the MU will fall victim to it more easier than a player that knows the MU. Sonic is good at punishing mistakes and he has to approach. Camp and force him to approach.

Now BB wise what we all like to play it isn't so simple since you have more than Sonic to worry about and you cannot predict what happens in BB. Sonic's work is easily down for him since he has multiple options he can do. Laying low and waiting for someone in KO range to be present then Sonic stealing the KO thus having the lead. Your not always going to thwart smart Sonic's all the time.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
That's why you DON'T let his speed intimidate you. His approaching can be seen, it just takes alot of reading.

I've seen top Sonic players, so this isn't just coming out of my ***. :awesome:

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Because now these days people always want to time people out it makes it annoying and is how they win their matches. Sonic is an example I'll use, but if he gets the lead what will you expect him to do? He'll run away until the timer runs out. I don't mind stock matches. I just hate the timer.
The timer isn't needed. Its just there so tourneys can finish on time. And this is a wifi tounrey so theres no need for a timer.

Oh yeah i forgot, ban MK. Sorry mk mains, you're too gay for my liking.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Well, Sonic relies almost completely on mindgames. An ASC will be spotdodged if you make it too obvious. Same with a Spin Dash. He makes it necessary for your opponent to always think what isn't coming really is, then go another direction.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
My Samus says GGs to the Wolf in Basic Brawl

Good games to the Wolf who ran into my yellow-green Samus on Basic Brawl. You definitely had better combos than most Wolf players I run into. Most matches were on Temple with another pair mostly dueling each other. I enjoyed the 1v1s while they lasted. Unfortunately when one player left, the replacement was a pacifist, and the purple Samus was being too helpful to allow our duel to continue. Perhaps we'll meet again.

If anyone from that group noticed my Samus transforming safely through a Chimera, that's one of my trademark moves.

Chillarmy

Smash Rookie
More MK rage (:troll:), but yeah, ggs to the purple Luigi I just faced! I'm working on Ike as my mid-tier main (I main Ally right atm), and I can see that I don't Nair enough, so thanks for, er, telegraphing that to me. I really wish the FC exchanges could be done on BB because two minute-long matches are just too disappointing considering that decent players are in BB as well (it was fun trolling you with nado spam, though <3)

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
AV's ignorance is disturbing as well...lol

Anyway Sonic and Ike are like the same thing. Both relies on mindgames to get their kills, its just that Sonic is extremely fast but kills late, Ike is retardedly slow(isn't he faster than marth in his series) and kills early.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
But Ike has another crucial advantage: his range.

Also, AV, mindgames aren't something that you don't let happen. Nobody has perfect insight.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Yeah and his broken jab. Just buff quick draw and make him not go helpless after he uses it and hes at least high tier.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Well, Sonic's Jab cancel is completely useless. But he has very little ending lag overall, and the biggest cause ( as far as I remember, the only cause ) is his Dair, and even that lag can be canceled.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
More MK rage (:troll:), but yeah, ggs to the purple Luigi I just faced! I'm working on Ike as my mid-tier main (I main Ally right atm), and I can see that I don't Nair enough, so thanks for, er, telegraphing that to me. I really wish the FC exchanges could be done on BB because two minute-long matches are just too disappointing considering that decent players are in BB as well (it was fun trolling you with nado spam, though <3)
GGs but you didn't have to spam 'nado on me the whole time, running away from a 'nado mk on temple is not fun. You get really impatient so it's pretty easy to predict what you'll do. Also, I think i've seen you around in BB before if that was you.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
who was the black sonic i fought early tonight? i was using red pikachu and switch to red sonic for trolls

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Anyway, I agree with DaBreast ( sorry, just had to do that ) that we ought to do a tourney around Christmas. My Sonic will probably be perfected by then, Xd.

Chillarmy

Smash Rookie
GGs but you didn't have to spam 'nado on me the whole time, running away from a 'nado mk on temple is not fun. You get really impatient so it's pretty easy to predict what you'll do. Also, I think i've seen you around in BB before if that was you.
Actually, I went random for a few matches and got MK. Incidentally, MK is my only pocket character, so the nado spam was mostly due to my habits ~_~

But yeah, sorry about that >.>

Top Bottom