• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
I join a random room, I do absolutely nothing, and this red marth and ike decided to 2v1 me for NO REASON. I was sitting there doing nothing. I was like ok fine you want to fight i'll fight and I still kicked their ***** in a 2v1. xD
I assumed they were trying to be bullies? They thought 2v1 would be easy wins? Regardless they still knew not to **** with hyper after that :DD
of course they didn't u r beast with ike ggs like 7 weeks ago I still didn't get my wii u

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I actually enjoy when people 2 or 3 v1 me. It's funny, because they see Bowser and probably expect an easy target but Bowser can be very slippery when evading attacks. The highlights of moments like that is getting the players to smash or grab each other because they tried to come at me from opposite sides. It's also great practice for SDI and teching because it's not like I go the whole match without getting hit at least a few times. Also a good way to practice defensive DI and ledgeplay. Just look at it purely as an opportunity to improve and it's not as annoying anymore.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Been having some awesome matches in TB for the last hour or so. They are mk now but came in as snake. This is why I wish you could do more in With anyone. Like send an invite to 1v1 or a friend code request. Bah

Mike2

Smash Ace
Ggs to whoever I was 1v1ing. You were wolf most of the time. You went kirkey and snake too. I was going random and the last character I had was Snake.

Left because the Peach came in and ruined it.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
+9'd in Halberd by spamming Up Smash, only death was a PKT2 misfire. Woulda got 10+ if the 2 CPUs were real people.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
I sadly don't have the replay for this, but I need to talk about a replay I had about a year ago.

I'm Dark Ganon, playing on Yoshi's Island (Whichever one has the yellow fall through blocks and the green pipes) and a Zelda, Captain Falcon, and I think maybe a Kirby were in the room. I was being a Taunt Party wrecker, so the three of them teamed up on me. They weren't as good as me, but three on one is gonna end up not being in your odds 9/10, and a Zelda spamming Din's fire from a distance didn't exactly make it any easier.

Anyway, I got KOed by the Zelda, and the Zelda proceeded to walk off the edge, giving me a point in order to make way for a sudden death (Taunt Partyers tend to do this alot)
If it weren't for that Zelda allowing a SD, this never would've happen. Now, normally when I SD with one person, I out of habit automatically use Ganon's Wizard Foot, which will ALWAYS make the distance for a kill. Anyone who shields or sidesteps it, however, gets a guaranteed kill after that point, but whatever.

I'm on the far left side, and all four of us are in Sudden Death, and I open up with my classic Wizard's foot in order to KO the guy who was below the pipe, and the trajectory sends him flying into another guy, which send them flying into the third guy. The end result ended up being me KOing all three of them with that one attack in what I estimate to have been about 1 second. I immediately left, laughing so hard that I won the match that the three of them ganged up on me for, and KOed them all at once. It was probably the greatest Basic Brawl moment of my life.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
So last night I had some pretty hilarious moments vs a group of a Zelda, kirby/marth?/pikachu, and sonic. We were on final destination, with the Zelda hassling me because I was party crashing. Sonic and Pikachu were coupling behind her on the ledge. She has the smashball and there are a bunch of items on the stage between us. I see a hammer, go for it, she reacts with light arrow, and as soon as the screen zooms out to show that I'd managed to jump over, so you just see Bowser coming down like a maniac with the hammer and then I just went and plowed into everyone. I got aggro from the entire group after that, I replayed it too!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
OK, what the hell? Just ran into some weird hacker, the icon for the fourth player's character in the lowest part of the screen showed he/she was using Mario, but the acutal character being used was Nana.... just Nana, no Popo. Only one of the Ice Climbers, the one being used was the one that is normally CPU controlled, pink outfit and all. She didn't even start with Popo, just one Ice Climber at the very beginning.

I left the group before the match ended by resetting out of concern that my Wii would eventually crash.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Oh relax, I had an awesome taunt party with a green MK who hacked Target Smash 1 as a stage a while back.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
OK, what the hell? Just ran into some weird hacker, the icon for the fourth player's character in the lowest part of the screen showed he/she was using Mario, but the acutal character being used was Nana.... just Nana, no Popo. Only one of the Ice Climbers, the one being used was the one that is normally CPU controlled, pink outfit and all. She didn't even start with Popo, just one Ice Climber at the very beginning.

I left the group before the match ended by resetting out of concern that my Wii would eventually crash.
Lol dont worry about that. I've met Solo Nanas before. One of them transformed me into a Giga Bowser before. Besides the only way to make someone else's Wii freeze is if they use the Wario Man hack and dont revert themselves back before the time runs out OR if someone does Sheik's Chain Jacket glitch

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Lol dont worry about that. I've met Solo Nanas before. One of them transformed me into a Giga Bowser before. Besides the only way to make someone else's Wii freeze is if they use the Wario Man hack and dont revert themselves back before the time runs out OR if someone does Sheik's Chain Jacket glitch
I knew both of those could freeze Wiis, though I didn't know they were the ONLY things that could freeze the Wiis of other players. Thanks for the info. I won't have to worry about void or break the target stages being hacked online anymore. :bee:

Also, hackers can turn other players into hacked characters? O_O First time I've heard of that, didn't think something like that could be done...

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So there's this campy R.o.B. and a falco in TB just now that think there so good, when my teamate is obviously a kirby rock spammer. the match is just for lulz anyway.

1 vs 1 me if you want a real fight, don't piece of cake me ever again.

Just owned the R.O.B. now +4'd, that falco ran away/left when it knew it was me. that noob.

Oh and BB is the usual hackers lol, its fun for the occasional laugh tho.

Edit: Props to the falco tho, he knew how to SHDL, chain grab his down throw, and spaces well, and knows how to string hits together, and dash dances which is funny to do in brawl..... cause you'll trip.

Anyway stop running from me, you won when I was trolling with captain falcon and now you think your all that, I beat your ROB teammate easily and I wanted you next but kept pairing with you, I don't see you around in BB so i'm gonna TB until I settle this with you.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I knew both of those could freeze Wiis, though I didn't know they were the ONLY things that could freeze the Wiis of other players. Thanks for the info. I won't have to worry about void or break the target stages being hacked online anymore. :bee:

Also, hackers can turn other players into hacked characters? O_O First time I've heard of that, didn't think something like that could be done...
If you think thats cool, wait untill you see the item rain hack.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If you think thats cool, wait untill you see the item rain hack.
I've seen that before actually, it was rather laggy, but it was also hilarious. :laugh:

It was quite a while ago since the only time I saw it though, it'd be nice for me to come across a group and see it in action again.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
So, good games to this Blue Zelda. You were fun ,and very good! Very mobile Zelda! <3 I liked the part when you tried to reason with the crasher. Ha ha! They like to ruin anyone's game. They want to get a laugh, so yeah, fun matches! I hope you're in here, type that you fought me, and my White Link! D:

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Good games to this... very annoying neutral Kirby. First match we had was on Temple. This Kirby was out to destroy me. I was playing as green Zelda. The other two people watching were a blue Link and a Jigglypuff (don't remember which color). Last round Jiggs switched over to red Snake. I won every match while the other two just sat back and watched. I would occasionally go over to the blue Link to tell him I was nice and I would mess around with him for a bit. After awhile, Kirby went afc ._.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I'd like to apologize to a dark samus and default mario who were 1v1ing on Final destination. What happened was when I showed up, mario and samus were going at it on one side of the stage but then a third player using sonic who was just hanging out was with me on the other side. Well I like to randomly grab people without warming, though I don't throw them or pummel. This started a little back and forth until I eventually got the smash ball, chased Sonic into the 1v1 fight, and everything fell apart from there. It was pretty funny, but sorry guys! We had a few matches after that, played some more keepaway. I crashed a few taunt parties too, there was one group on pirate ship. (Zelda, Link, and Fox?). Good stuff, had some fun overall, and saved a few good replays. Good games guys!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Who's this crappy Ike that keeps disconnecting the group when he gets his ass whooped? I met him like 5 times in different rooms.

link2702

Smash Champion
why do i always run into the most bs groups in all of bb -.-; double/triple teaming nooob kirby/lucas/ganon who also had to rely on items to beat me.

the one match where we got a 1v1 and I would of easily destroyed his sorry ass if the items weren't on and he was getting lucky as hell with em(several curry's pokeballs and assist trophies for him, everything you could imagine that would turn the tides of a match all spawned near the little noob every time)

ugh it actually gave me a headache seeing such a crappy player constantly winning from sheer luck and luck alone -_-;

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think I came across that Ike not long ago actually. (if he was indeed using the red palette) He lost once to one other guy, then disconnected the entire group. Talk about a sore loser.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Good games to this very mobile green Zelda who later changed to blue. I'm assuming she changed to blue since I'm green. I swear she fights just like me. We both use mostly aerial attacks. I believe she came into the group first as green Sheik who was kind of just fighting everybody. After awhile it was just us fighting each other. Our matches are mostly taking place on FD and Temple. Right now we're mostly just doing friendly fights.

Okay, right now she's red Zelda and we're on Corneria. There's a dark Zelda watching (Twili) and there was a dark Sonic/TLink but he dropped and was replaced by a gold Sonic/gold Ike/blue Samus/ light blue Marth.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
ggs to the white kirby i was red pika
I saw you fight him, I was the Red Ike who was standing back. The next match the White Kirby fought me and beat me, and the next match after that I went DK and it went to sudden death where he beat me again.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
that was you? man he seemed to catch you off guard, i knew he was being sneaky so i played safe keep away which is why i beat him with hard reads

i was surprise you were losing to him since i could tell you could do better. You definitely had the right mindset going just not against him

rolf i won a 1v2 againt green ike and red marth common guys i dont play tink

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
that was you? man he seemed to catch you off guard, i knew he was being sneaky so i played safe keep away which is why i beat him with hard reads

i was surprise you were losing to him since i could tell you could do better. You definitely had the right mindset going just not against him
Yeah I was getting frustrated because he was getting me with grabs where ever I landed and I kept running into his Smashes. Also that Black Zelda spamming Fireballs was not helping in the slightest.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
hes one of those sneaky ones, where he seemingly hides his potential with noob antics he is still in BB i just saw him a few minutes ago go getem tiger

you also air dodged into his upb i should of thought of doing that as a mix up...

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Oh, hey, this site actually loads again! Last night I fought an amazing peach(multiple colors)/zss/red Zelda. At first, I was just party crashing for fun and being a complete troll (winning from spamming c-stick. Oh the joy), rotating random characters (Ganon, Marth, Ike I think I used), until this peach goes out of her way to befriend me. She would attack me, but if anyone else touched me, she would go and slap (or grab, or something) them and they stopped. The next point she got off me she gave back. We went to sudden death that way. I was light blue Marth when this happened. I’ve gone out of my way to befriend a crasher before, but it was the first time it happened to me, so of course I went friendly! (also, I could tell she was a good player, so I wanted to 1v1 too >.>) I went back to dark link, then had a couple of 1v1’s, which were a loads of fun. You won most (all? :p) of the matches. You also refused to fight whenever items were on, and would walk back and forth on the stage. The first time you did this I was thoroughly confused, as I was used to simply ignoring items when I 1v1’d anyone on bb, and kept trying to get you to 1v1 me, but got the message pretty quickly (especially when you wouldn’t even hit me to even up the score when I accidentally killed you). Anyhow, those were extremely fun matches, and I was quite sad when I dc’ed without getting a good match against your Zelda. I think the lobby also had a sonic, but for the love of me can’t really remember specifics or the other character in the lobby. Cheers.

Since I’m here, I’ll post about last last night as well. I went into a room that had 3 friendlies, and went friendly hoping for a 1v1. First match: there was a Link grabbing bombs and throwing them on the ground repeatedly, seemingly out of boredom or to see how much damage he could rally up. Interested, I did the same, to see if I could get a response off him. I was Dark Link. He also kept grabbing a bomb, going off stage, then jumping + up-B back to ledge right as the bomb exploded. Next match I used my usual “wanna have a 1v1?” tactic, which consists of jab crouch jab crouch…, and one of the friendlies accepted. I don’t exactly remember what character I faced, but I won. The match after that, the Link went ganon, and immediately attacked, we had a couple of 1v1s. I remember one of them being on temple. But then oh boy, when you turned to Link again! You were amazing, I haven’t had many Links set up and execute an infinite jab lock on wi-fi against me, you were really skilled and the matches were really fun! We didn’t have a whole lot of matches, since I was dc’d. (I’m beginning to see a pattern here…) It was a shame, since I would have loved to pick your brain (particularly your Link) a little more. Pretty sure I won when you were Ganon, but you won when you turned to Link. Cheers to you as well.

link2702

Smash Champion
to the green ike/black failco earlier.

don't get cocky just cuz you won a few item matches where two noobs kept getting in the way. Face me in a legit match before you try to go bragging, you're ike is nothing special and honestly if those two other idiots wouldn't keep getting in the way i would of destroyed it in all matches.

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
to the green ike/black failco earlier.

don't get cocky just cuz you won a few item matches where two noobs kept getting in the way. Face me in a legit match before you try to go bragging, you're ike is nothing special and honestly if those two other idiots wouldn't keep getting in the way i would of destroyed it in all matches.
Haha, next time you should just troll them with ganon's warlock punch xD

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just fought a default Sonic as Wario's red and white palette of his biker outfit.

The Sonic threw a default Ike backwards in the first match, then he started to follow me around for some reason, before eventually punching me. Annoyed, I threw him off the stage, and although he was only sent a very short distance and I made no attempt to keep him off the stage, he, amazingly, didn't manage to recover. I then fought him and KO'd him legitimately. The Ike also tried to help me late in the match and in the next two rounds.

During the next match a default Meta Knight who was formerly AFK in the prievous match joined the fight, only to end up losing as well. After that, he switched to Fox and won because of a Landmaster, and he left right after.

I stayed along with the Sonic and Ike, none of us ever changed characters or palettes. A Dark Sonic then joined as well, and even though he saw the other Sonic attack me first, he tried to attack me as well. I used Wario Bike in Sudden Death, taking out the first Sonic, and used an aerial attack to get the Dark Sonic. Lastly, I fought him on Halberd, the Dark Sonic went AFK and the Ike only started to help me late in the match, where he tried to use the Dragoon and Great Aether on the default Sonic. I won once again, mostly because I managed to get a Smash Ball once. He trapped me in a series of Fan attacks for a few seconds, but when Ike brought out the Dragoon he stopped attacking to try and avoid the Dragoon. After this match, I left.

So default Sonic, even though I have no clue why you punched me and had something against the Ike, GGs.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
this you metalbro? the ike in teams. you had a bad laggy kirby on your team we had me as lucas and a link

rofl who is this marth and shiek in here? you better watch your mouth marth or youll eat it

http://youtu.be/vTX14P_Z1kU

Room DC'ed, I'm done here with that crap *dusts off hands* Try 1v1 next time maybe you'll feel more accomplished.

Just fought a default Sonic as Wario's red and white palette of his biker outfit.

The Sonic threw a default Ike backwards in the first match, then he started to follow me around for some reason, before eventually punching me. Annoyed, I threw him off the stage, and although he was only sent a very short distance and I made no attempt to keep him off the stage, he, amazingly, didn't manage to recover. I then fought him and KO'd him legitimately. The Ike also tried to help me late in the match and in the next two rounds.

During the next match a default Meta Knight who was formerly AFK in the prievous match joined the fight, only to end up losing as well. After that, he switched to Fox and won because of a Landmaster, and he left right after.

I stayed along with the Sonic and Ike, none of us ever changed characters or palettes. A Dark Sonic then joined as well, and even though he saw the other Sonic attack me first, he tried to attack me as well. I used Wario Bike in Sudden Death, taking out the first Sonic, and used an aerial attack to get the Dark Sonic. Lastly, I fought him on Halberd, the Dark Sonic went AFK and the Ike only started to help me late in the match, where he tried to use the Dragoon and Great Aether on the default Sonic. I won once again, mostly because I managed to get a Smash Ball once. He trapped me in a series of Fan attacks for a few seconds, but when Ike brought out the Dragoon he stopped attacking to try and avoid the Dragoon. After this match, I left.

So default Sonic, even though I have no clue why you punched me and had something against the Ike, GGs.
Reading this in Morgan Freeman's voice is so soothing

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
who is the black bowser in here? i was fighting the zelda shiek and luigi / gw id rather fight you on my tink

guys remember that marth shiek tag team i was complaining about? its a hacker using 2 wiis he and the shiek player comes into rooms together and are synched when they go to the next match (they ready up synched) hes in my room again fighting a good pt

WOW he is farming points off the shiek wtf

pt player switched to green sonic and ***** it up good job man!

Ill help you if shiek is playing foul sonic

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
who is the black bowser in here? i was fighting the zelda shiek and luigi / gw id rather fight you on my tink

guys remember that marth shiek tag team i was complaining about? its a hacker using 2 wiis he and the shiek player comes into rooms together and are synched when they go to the next match (they ready up synched) hes in my room again fighting a good pt

WOW he is farming points off the shiek wtf

pt player switched to green sonic and ***** it up good job man!

Ill help you if shiek is playing foul sonic
I met those 2 already. It's usually a Green Marth and a Blue Shiek. I usually try to troll them when I see them, going MK and playing as dumb as I can then leave right after. The Blue Sheik also uses White MK too.

It's not a hacker using 2 Wii's, it's a multiplayer code that allows 2 people to play on BB with 1 Wii.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
[WARNING: Incoming trash talk....sort of]

Wow...I take a break from Project M 3.0 (Which is the ****, btw.) long enough to play BB and what happens? My :wario: (along with a gray :kirby2:) gets two Scrubachus so salty they counterpick Meta-Knight. One dropped out and the other never gets a rematch because for whatever reason the game BEEEEEEEEEEEEPed. GGs......scrubs.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
@ Metabro, oh, I see.. Well, he did the samething you just typed up in public for us to read about.

@ Path, Hi girl :) I haven't responded back :( Sorry, I was going to, but then my comp froze for like a second or two, then It closes my profile, so the alert was gone. Gald everything is going great for you :) Merry Christmas :D

So, I don't know if I'm right, but, I think I found Joey X) Black Bowser that Koopa hops and knows his Ats. Although, he didn't wave bonuce or go for his grab relase tricks. So, I'm not sure If It's Joey. Whoever you are, good games. You have a good Bowser :) I was the White Link. And good games to the crasher MetaKnight xD I was dying of laugher the whole time xD Thanks for that! I needed it! Well, thank you for the fun games! Keep up that Bowser!

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
On BB a crapload today(13th), I was useing a purple Tink mostly, got in a room where all the others went Tink xD. I kept trying to lay my bombs on the stage/platforms, as well as slope bombing. Played with an awesome Lucas that switched colors, I was green and we zapjumped and magnet pulled and even went under the stage, was really cool to find a Lucas to do ats with, and my brother was alternating with me every other match.

Top Bottom