• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
If Mario and Sonic does not appear in Crash's reveal trailer, then Sakurai needs to play more Crash to remember the great 90's iconic war.

...which is ironic because I'm doing a fanfic mixture of wrestling and SSB. Crash is currently my Intercontinental champion XD
That would be such a missed opportunity to NOT reference the 90's gaming war in his trailer. Just thinking about it gets me hype! :)

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I would love for them to go over the rivalry from the late 90's, Sega is not an issue, But gonna be weird to not be able reference "Sony/Playstation" which is kind of funny considering they referenced "Xbox" but we all know that was fine seeing how Nintendo and Microsoft are on good terms, But you get the idea.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I would love for them to go over the rivalry from the late 90's, Sega is not an issue, But gonna be weird to not be able reference "Sony/Playstation" which is kind of funny considering they referenced "Xbox" but we all know that was fine seeing how Nintendo and Microsoft are on good terms, But you get the idea.
Having Nintendo promote the Xbox was crazy as is, but Nintendo promoting PlayStation would just straight up end the console wars.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If Mario and Sonic does not appear in Crash's reveal trailer, then Sakurai needs to play more Crash to remember the great 90's iconic war.

...which is ironic because I'm doing a fanfic mixture of wrestling and SSB. Crash is currently my Intercontinental champion XD
Mario and Sonic should definitely be in Crash's trailer. I would also like Banjo & Kazooie to be in his trailer too since they're both 90s N64/PS1 platforming gaming mascots.

D

Deleted member

Awesome now that would be a great trailer idea.

The fake out then Crash comes in attacks *His gameplay shown off.*

Last edited by a moderator:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Couldn't Bowser's and DK's playable appearance in Skylanders (alongside Crash, Cortex and Spyro, mind you) be a sign that Activision is probably also very friendly with Nintendo, just as much as Ubisoft?
Activision has a majority of their major franchises on Switch. Crash, Spyro, Diablo, Skylanders & Overwatch. The only ones missing are Warcraft/Starcraft which are PC only & Call of Duty, which is a confusing one. I’m sure the Switch could run the remasters of Modern Warfare 1 & 2.

So Activision isn’t as close to Nintendo as Ubisoft, but it’s not like they’re ignoring the Switch either.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
So if the big names that are still not in Smash are...
Crash
Rayman
Master Chief
Sora
Lara Croft
Ezio Auditore
Dante

I think it's generally agreed that Sora and Master Chief would be the most shocking that's within realm of possibility.

If they add Crash and Master Chief, they would accomplish nice color plates of mascots.

Mario - Red
Crash - Orange
Pacman - Yellow
Master Chief - Green
Sonic - Blue

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I definitely think Crash & Chief are the biggest characters not in Smash yet. I’d add Steve, Jill/Leon & Scorpion as well.

I’d rank it as:
Crash/Master Chief (They're about equal IMO)
Lara Croft
Steve
Ezio
Scorpion
Jill/Leon
Sora
Rayman
Dante

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Time for yet another tease!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yeah, okay, it's clearly going to be a multi-plat game if the hashtags are any indication.
I am hoping this game is either a remake of Crash Bash or Twinsanity, or a completely new game using the same "hallway" format like the first three games.
Crash
Rayman
Master Chief
Sora
Lara Croft
Ezio Auditore
Dante

I think it's generally agreed that Sora and Master Chief would be the most shocking that's within realm of possibility.

If they add Crash and Master Chief, they would accomplish nice color plates of mascots.

Mario - Red
Crash - Orange
Pacman - Yellow
Master Chief - Green
Sonic - Blue
I think Crash would also be up their in characters that could break the internet, especially with people who understands the legacy behind Crash

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
*Talks in Dingodile*

Oy fellas, hope we get them bloody Smash news next week. Feels like it'll be Bandicoot season in this would be "E3" week; know what I'm saying?. :denzel:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
*Talks in Dingodile*

Oy fellas, hope we get them bloody Smash news next week. Feels like it'll be Bandicoot season in this would be "E3" week; know what I'm saying?. :denzel:
Get out the butter, gonna make toast!

Mario and Sonic should definitely be in Crash's trailer. I would also like Banjo & Kazooie to be in his trailer too since they're both 90s N64/PS1 platforming gaming mascots.
Now that you mentioned it....I think some of these guys should be in the trailer...

Mario, Sonic, Cloud, Banjo, maybe DK

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
I definitely think Crash & Chief are the biggest characters not in Smash yet. I’d add Steve, Jill/Leon & Scorpion as well.

I’d rank it as:
Crash/Master Chief (They're about equal IMO)
Lara Croft
Steve
Ezio
Scorpion
Jill/Leon
Sora
Rayman
Dante
I know that this is a list of what you think are the biggest characters not yet in Smash but I still think Rayman should be the first Ubisoft character to get in as he has the most history being Ubisoft's first successful mascot.

I know it's weird for me to bring this up in the Crash thread but both Crash and Rayman are similar placement in terms of my wants, with the only character higher than them being Doomguy.
(Also Banjo was up there just behind Crash and Rayman but since he got in, he is no longer on my list)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

So I never really watch Blocked Content, but this video was in my Youtube recommendations and I find the leak covered in the video to be quite interesting because the leaker says some guy would be outside of Nintendo HQ in a Crash costume like in the 90s commercial and some other guys would come out in the old Mario, Yoshi, DK, and Pikachu costumes from the old Smash 64 commercial and start beating up Crash. I know this leak isn't real, but boi that would be the hypest reveal trailer ever if they brought back all those old costumes and try to somewhat replicate those 90s commercials. The nostalgia would be strong.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

So I never really watch Blocked Content, but this video was in my Youtube recommendations and I find the leak covered in the video to be quite interesting because the leaker says some guy would be outside of Nintendo HQ in a Crash costume like in the 90s commercial and some other guys would come out in the old Mario, Yoshi, DK, and Pikachu costumes from the old Smash 64 commercial and start beating up Crash. I know this leak isn't real, but boi that would be the hypest reveal trailer ever if they brought back all those old costumes and try to somewhat replicate those 90s commercials. The nostalgia would be strong.
As cool as that trailer would be, that "leaker" sounds like one of those 4Chan trolls that cusses every five seconds. Also, the fact that that the Smash 64 and Crash commercial only aired in the U.S makes me think we won't see a trailer like that, as cool as it would be.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
This would be way too deep a cut for Nintendo & Sakurai to ever do (and would likely only amuse me), but I'd love for the reveal to start off with live action video of people in full body Mario, Pikachu, Yoshi, & DK costumes inside an office building. They almost come to blows ala the Smash 64 commercial, however they make their peace and are about to shake hands only for them to hear a loud voice outside the building yelling at them. They all look outside and see none other than this:

I'm not one to cast aspersions on Blocked Content, but either I have a remarkably lucky prediction, or someone's fed him the same kind hypothetical idea that many of us have had for a Crash trailer.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It's very likely just a bunch of BS and the whole Crash costume and Nintendo HQ idea has been thrown around for years now regarding Smash, it's not an original idea or nothing new.

I don't follow "Blocked Content" ,But isn't that channel mainly clickbait on the same level of "LaxChris"?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's very likely just a bunch of BS and the whole Crash costume and Nintendo HQ idea has been thrown around for years now regarding Smash, it's not an original idea or nothing new.

I don't follow "Blocked Content" ,But isn't that channel mainly clickbait on the same level of "LaxChris"?
Yep, Blocked Content is nearly as bad with clickbait Smash leak videos as LaxChris is. Nether of them should be taken seriously whatsoever. Both guys just make clickbait Smash videos for money.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Was anyone confused the first time around we saw the commercial with Pikachu being in the same video as Mario, Yoshi, and DK? That was mind blowing back then

But this idea? I'd be DOWN for it!

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Imagine the hype if Crash got a new game showcased at the PS5 event and was revealed as fighter 7 in the same week.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Crash
Rayman
Master Chief
Sora
Lara Croft
Ezio Auditore
Dante

Mario - Red
Crash - Orange
Pacman - Yellow
Master Chief - Green
Sonic - Blue
Not only that, but literally almost every video game system ever would have their mascots in the roster excluding some early 90s consoles like Bonk for the TurboGrafx-16 and whoever is consider the mascots for the Atari Jaguar and 3DO. CDI doesn't count.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Was anyone confused the first time around we saw the commercial with Pikachu being in the same video as Mario, Yoshi, and DK? That was mind blowing back then

But this idea? I'd be DOWN for it!
Well sort of, But not really, I was already somewhat familiar with Pikachu and Pokemon at the time as I became fan before Smash, But I can kind of see why at the same time seeing how Mario, Donkey Kong and Yoshi were already long established Nintendo characters/icons before Pikachu/Pokemon came along during the N64 era.

Though it was relatively new at the time (1999), "PokeMania" was running wild and Pokemon very quickly established itself as Nintendo's 2nd biggest franchise that can rival Mario in a regular basis and in some cases even surpass it. So it only made sense for Nintendo to headline Pikachu/Pokemon alongside Mario, DK and Yoshi in Smash.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I knew about Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Yoshi, and DK before I knew about Smash or all the other franchises in it. Smash introduced me to a lot of franchises like Kirby, Mother, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, ect.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
To this day it's my favorite video game commercial of all time, Mario, Donkey Kong and Pokemon are my My Top 3 favorite Nintendo/Video game franchises overall and Yoshi is my all time favorite video game character as all of them were the core of my childhood and to see them beating the crap out of each other was the most badass thing ever and shaped me as a gamer today.

Hell the only characters I knew at the time were Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Pikachu and maybe Jigglypuff. Everyone else I didn't know, Hell for some reason at first I thought Kirby was a Pokemon.

But yeah I remember watching the commercial when I was 6, It's like it was made for me and Super Smash Bros quickly became my most rented game from Blockbuster.

Last edited:

Papa Pope

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the Crash series, but my experience with it so far has been great. I finished the N-Sane trilogy not too long ago (with Warped being my personal favorite) largely due to Crash being a big name in speculation for a while and now I definitely understand Crash's icon status. I would love to see Crash in the game and I really think that he is coming very soon, add me to the support list.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the Crash series, but my experience with it so far has been great. I finished the N-Sane trilogy not too long ago (with Warped being my personal favorite) largely due to Crash being a big name in speculation for a while and now I definitely understand Crash's icon status. I would love to see Crash in the game and I really think that he is coming very soon, add me to the support list.
Welcome aboard! Nice to see another person who wants Crash here.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm honestly shocked Crash wasn't such a more highly requested character until Ultimate, especially after Sonic got included after Brawl. And I'm honestly shocked Crash hasn't gotten included yet considering he was one of the three major gaming system mascots of the 90's to represent the PlayStation 1, just like how Mario represented Nintendo and Sonic represented the Genesis. I mean, just look at this magazine:

9cbd704332e90bc32404cac778362b4d.jpg

Crash makes better sense then ever right now and even though I'm not too confident in his chances, him being in Smash would truly make this the Ultimate Smash game AND finally getting the opportunity for Mario, Sonic and Crash to be able to duke it out in the same video game just sounds like a childhood dream come true. :)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I'm honestly shocked Crash wasn't such a more highly requested character until Ultimate, especially after Sonic got included after Brawl. And I'm honestly shocked Crash hasn't gotten included yet considering he was one of the three major gaming system mascots of the 90's to represent the PlayStation 1, just like how Mario represented Nintendo and Sonic represented the Genesis. I mean, just look at this magazine:

View attachment 274203

Crash makes better sense then ever right now and even though I'm not too confident in his chances, him being in Smash would truly make this the Ultimate Smash game AND finally getting the opportunity for Mario, Sonic and Crash to be able to duke it out in the same video game just sounds like a childhood dream come true. :)
Almost makes me wish he was the last DLC fighter for Smash 4 (nothing against Bayonetta).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

View attachment 274203

Well like the Banjo-Kazooie franchise, the Crash Bandicoot franchise greatly declined in the 2000s. Platforming mascots and the genre in general outside of Mario and Sonic were a mere after thought when the FPS genre got big in the early 2000s with Halo and Call of Duty.

Almost makes me wish he was the last DLC fighter for Smash 4 (nothing against Bayonetta).
He would have made for a better finale. I wish it was K. Rool or Banjo & Kazooie at the end there instead of Bayonetta as well.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Yeah I agree. Crash should have at least ended the first Pass since Byleth was such an anti-climactic end.

Well like the Banjo-Kazooie franchise, the Crash Bandicoot franchise greatly declined in the 2000s. Platforming mascots and the genre in general outside of Mario and Sonic were a mere after thought when the FPS genre got big in the early 2000s with Halo and Call of Duty.
Yeah unfortunately. But with the resurgence of 3D platformers, and the fact that Crash is back and better then ever, then this definitely makes him more likely for Smash then he has ever been, especially with his status as the PlayStation 1 mascot.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah I agree. Crash should have at least ended the first Pass since Byleth was such an anti-climactic end.
He was saying Crash should have been the last Smash 4 newcomer instead of Bayonetta. But I agree with you on he should have been #75 instead of Byleth.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
He was saying Crash should have been the last Smash 4 newcomer instead of Bayonetta. But I agree with you on he should have been #75 instead of Byleth.
Yeah I know what he said, I just brought up another scenario in which Crash would have made sense to join the roster.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
But wasn't Naughty Dog owned by Sony when Melee came out? Correct me if I'm wrong.
It wasn't even Naughty Dog making the games anymore after CTR when Melee came out. Universal was juggling the IP-starting with Crash Bash, Cash Banooca's last PS1 game-in hopes of hitting the same sweet spot that Naughty Dog did with their four Crash games. In other words, Universal were milking Crash like a cow after Crash Bash and Wrath of Cortex.

TL;DR Crash totally would've been in Melee for the sake of promoting Wrath of Cortex, and Crash Bandicoot in general.

Top Bottom