• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I'm not difficult with whichever Microsoft-owned character could get in. Rash could get in because of the Battletoads remake, and I'd be fine with it since at least Sak would be likely to use his classic design. :drshrug:

Yeah, the timing would be way too short of a notice for that. Just ask Arthur.

But! It would actually make him viable for the next game, and that's important.

So much for that then.
Well I'm picturing a deal being made behind the scenes where they've already agreed to Master Chief in Smash due to Microsoft bringing Halo to the Switch. They're just waiting to tell us. Honestly I have no idea though. I'd consider it extremely shocking that they'd allow people to play as their mascot on a competing console.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Guys, I feel like I'm losing my mind. As sad as it is for me to admit, I think I've spread my interests on these forums too much. I seem to find characters to support, then change my mind on them shortly after, I predict characters every other day and change them regularly, and I've been following speculation so much over the last several months that its hard to keep track of what's going on. It's gotten to the point where I feel so damn indecisive, and burned out about Smash, which I would've never thought would be possible...

Maybe I should just stick with supporting ONE fighter from here on out (Crash obviously). Also, maybe I should take another break from these forums to try and detox. Cause I think I'm actually getting burned out on Smash speculation.

I don't know, maybe I'm just going crazy...

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys, I feel like I'm losing my mind. As sad as it is for me to admit, I think I've spread my interests on these forum too much. I seem to find characters to support, then change my mind on them shortly later. I predict characters every other day and change them regularly, and I've been following speculation so much over the last several months that its hard to keep track of what's going on. It's gotten to the point where I feel so damn indecisive, and burned out about Smash, which I would've never thought would be possible...

Maybe I should just stick with supporting ONE fighter from here on out (Crash). Also, maybe I should take another break from these forums to try and detox. Cause I think I'm actually getting burned out on Smash speculation.

Maybe take a break. Getting burned out does quite so much to you, and perhaps there are other things you can focus on in life. If you wish to stay, maybe stick to one character as you said.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Keep coming back to the same place with little to no progress on official info can lead to some burning out. Take a break every now and then to clear your thoughts. Honestly, me supporting for Crash Bandicoot and Shantae can burn me out too with no news of another smash reveal yet.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
TDDolphin TDDolphin Just do as I do: leave the forum and play other games, or do anything else to pass the time. It ain't rocket science, you know.

Besides, it gets boring seeing the same skepticism over and over when nothing is happening.

Well I'm picturing a deal being made behind the scenes where they've already agreed to Master Chief in Smash due to Microsoft bringing Halo to the Switch. They're just waiting to tell us. Honestly I have no idea though. I'd consider extremely shocking that they'd allow people to play as their mascot on a competing console.
To be fair, Microsoft already allowed Cuphead and Ori to get on the Switch. It seems as though the console war, as we know it, no longer exists. While Sony is the remnant that absolutely insists on one-upping Microsoft at any given opportunity.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just do as I do: leave the forum and play other games, or do anything else to pass the time. It ain't rocket science, you know.

Besides, it gets boring seeing the same skepticism over and over when nothing is happening.

To be fair, Microsoft already allowed Cuphead and Ori to get on the Switch. It seems as though the console war, as we know it, no longer exists. While Sony is the remnant that absolutely insists on one-upping Microsoft at any given opportunity.
And yet some fanboys will still say things like Microsoft, Nintendo or Sony are better than the rest. Some things won't change, and if they can, they won't change easily.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
TDDolphin TDDolphin Just do as I do: leave the forum and play other games, or do anything else to pass the time. It ain't rocket science, you know.

Maybe take a break. Getting burned out does quite so much to you, and perhaps there are other things you can focus on in life. If you wish to stay, maybe stick to one character as you said.
Keep coming back to the same place with little to no progress on official info can lead to some burning out. Take a break every now and then to clear your thoughts. Honestly, me supporting for Crash Bandicoot and Shantae can burn me out too with no news of another smash reveal yet.
Yeah, I think I'm just gonna take a break for a few days, maybe even longer, and I'll see where I stand afterward. At this point though, I DO think I'm all-aboard the Crash4Smash train.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Geoff will be wearing a crash outfit during the entire summer games presentation and then he is added as a playable character in Crash on the Run.

That's all the news on Crash in that stream

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I feel like I'm losing my mind. As sad as it is for me to admit, I think I've spread my interests on these forum too much. I seem to find characters to support, then change my mind on them shortly later. I predict characters every other day and change them regularly, and I've been following speculation so much over the last several months that its hard to keep track of what's going on. It's gotten to the point where I feel so damn indecisive, and burned out about Smash, which I would've never thought would be possible...

Maybe I should just stick with supporting ONE fighter from here on out (Crash). Also, maybe I should take another break from these forums to try and detox. Cause I think I'm actually getting burned out on Smash speculation.

There's no shame in changing who you feel is going to make the final cut for the fighter's pass because that's the fun of speculating. Nobody's going to hold it against you when you change your mind, I change my mind often with who I feel is going to make the final cut based on news and speculation.

UserKev

Smash Champion

Its what I would do. Scorpion is basically my last want, but I'm low key rooting for Crash on the sidelines. I lost hope for Dragonborn, which saves me tons of energy. Johnny Gat is also unlikely, but refreshing to speculate. My last Nintendo wants are literally Cranky Kong and Resetti.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

I feel ya. Just take care of yourself friend. I've been getting rather burnt out myself, and I'm just ready to see the next reveal already. Speculation can get so monotonous at times. I've been trying to stick to this thread myself as well.

Its what I would do. Scorpion is basically my last want, but I'm low key rooting for Crash on the sidelines. I lost hope for Dragonborn, which saves me tons of energy. Johnny Gat is also unlikely, but refreshing to speculate. My last Nintendo wants are literally Cranky Kong and Resetti.
I don't know much about Saints Row (although I do intend to play SR IV on my Switch soon), but the rest of the characters you mentioned indicate you have excellent taste sir!

May I ask why you think Dragonborn isn't happening? I consider him potential competition for Crash.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I don't know much about Saints Row (although I do intend to play SR IV on my Switch soon), but the rest of the characters you mentioned indicate you have excellent taste sir!

May I ask why you think Dragonborn isn't happening? I consider him potential competition for Crash.
I just want to shrug him off as much as possible, it saves me less stress. Would love to be wrong, which is by far the more healthy approach. Dragonborn has to much competition when you really think about it. I'm going to expect full Japanese appeal as the last 2 slots. There are WAAAAAAAAAY more chars Sakurai can choose over Dragonborn. All western third parties have terrible luck in Smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, you're saying that :ultbanjokazooie: and :ultsteve: didn't happen? I thought this was Smash Ultimate, not Smash 4, I gotta get back to the time machine! :4pacman:

In all seriousness though, in terms of Western parties you got to have actually reasonable expectations as to who could get in, even if we don't know what'll happen. They're not about to pick a niche or random mainstream one right away when there's still some classic and/or real big name ones to go after first, and this game is the first time we even had playable Westerners at all, so they're obviously taking baby steps with what's very much a risky new approach for the series. Even with Japanese third-parties they barely started to slip away from huge names. Gotta climb the way down the totem pole by process of elimination, you know.

Besides, there's still the language barrier to consider before anything else.

Just don't let it get you down if the one you want doesn't get in this time. As long as their series and/or parent company is active, they'll stand a chance for next time.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
You guys are too hopeful if you think we are getting a third western pick should Crash become the 2nd western pick of the pass.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Come to think of it, do we even know if Activision will be on Summer Game Fest at all? We still don't know about who'll be involved with that besides iam8Bit and Double Fine. They might skip out on that too, for some weird reason.

I guess we'll find out next month.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
All western third parties have terrible luck in Smash.
It's not that western 3rd parties have bad luck, but it's more about the language barrier for Sakurai and his team to communicate with the developers of said western IPs. Sakurai is a artist and tries to make a masterpiece off of whoever he puts into Smash, so he is extra careful when he get's permission from a developer to put their character into the game as not only does he tries to make a very reasonable version of said character into the game, but he tries to make them as accurate as possible to their original source material. Negotiating with the developers can be a task in itself, but negotiating with foreigner developers who speak a different language is a another challenge all together. That's pretty much why Banjo & Kazooie and Stebe are our only full western 3rd party reps thus far as Sakurai is starting to attempt to dive into those waters to take up the challenge.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Sucks that Crash Bandicoot will not be able to take part in this weekend tourney event regarding explosives.

Not that TNT (Or maybe even Nitro) crates have to be part of his moveset, But I have always like the idea and personally do think it should be his "Down Special".

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I just want to shrug him off as much as possible, it saves me less stress. Would love to be wrong, which is by far the more healthy approach. Dragonborn has to much competition when you really think about it. I'm going to expect full Japanese appeal as the last 2 slots. There are WAAAAAAAAAY more chars Sakurai can choose over Dragonborn. All western third parties have terrible luck in Smash.
Well we should keep in mind that all E3 Smash reveals, without fail, have had at least one character that has had either universal or mostly western appeal. I honestly don't think there are many likely universally appealing characters left, so I think a western created or at least western valued character seems probable at this point. I don't believe there are many western valued characters that weren't created by westerners either.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well we should keep in mind that all E3 Smash reveals, without fail, have had at least one character that has had either universal or mostly western appeal. I honestly don't think there are many likely universally appealing characters left, so I think a western created or at least western valued character seems probable at this point. I don't believe there are many mostly western valued characters that weren't created by westerners either.
For the western side of gaming we still got:

Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Rayman
Master Chief
Doom Slayer
Big Daddy
Lara Croft
Kratos
Ezio Auditore
Sly Cooper
Ratchet & Clank
Jack & Daxter
Scorpion
Conker
Battletoads

Ect, ect. There are still a lot of big western names that haven't entered Smash's halls yet.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well we should keep in mind that all E3 Smash reveals, without fail, have had at least one character that has had either universal or mostly western appeal. I honestly don't think there are many likely universally appealing characters left, so I think a western created or at least western valued character seems probable at this point. I don't believe there are many mostly western valued characters that weren't created by westerners either.
Even if we don't have too many universally appealing characters left by the time of the next Smash ,especially if Sony still is pigheaded about not interacting with other first-parties at all, the lesser ones will at least have gotten a sizeable following (especially thanks to those silly fake 4Chan text leaks).

That said, in the meantime, I think the best thing to do is to not think about a big character showing up. It worked for me at least once (by accident, but still). :ultsephiroth:

Last edited:

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
For the western side of gaming we still got:

Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Rayman
Master Chief
Doom Slayer
Big Daddy
Lara Croft
Kratos
Ezio Auditore
Sly Cooper
Ratchet & Clank
Jack & Daxter
Scorpion
Conker
Battletoads

Ect, ect. There are still a lot of big western names that haven't entered Smash's halls yet.
The only characters I can see from here that are pretty much possible legitmate Smash picks are; Crash, Spyro, Rayman, Master Chief, Doom Slayer, Lara Croft and maybe Kratos.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The only characters I can see from here that are pretty much possible legitmate Smash picks are; Crash, Spyro, Rayman, Master Chief, Doom Slayer, Lara Croft and maybe Kratos.
I kind of agree too, But definitely feel like the Top 3 of that list (Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Master Chief) have the best chance from that bunch of western 3rd party's.

All the other characters I really don't see happening.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I kind of agree too, But definitely feel like the Top 3 of that list (Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Master Chief) have the best chance from that bunch of western 3rd party's.

All the other characters I really don't see happening.
Yeah. The Sony characters especially I feel are unlikely since they're still pretty distant from Nintendo, unlike Microsoft.

After thinking about it over the last few days, I've decided to just stick with the Crash forum from this point on. That way I can focus on supporting only one fighter. I've made my final predictions on my profile page, so I won't be repeating them or changing them constantly while on this forum, since I know I've been doing that a lot lately, which... I apologize for.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
While it probably doesn't mean much on it's own, it's pretty amazing to me that we now have had every single non-mobile Crash game on a Nintendo console/handheld besides Crash Bash and Twinsanity.

In fact, there appears to be very few major franchises left that have the majority of their games on Nintendo platforms without Smash representation, and even fewer of those have their most recent games on Switch and/or are family friendly. This sort of history with and representation of the Crash franchise can only be a benefit in my view.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah. The Sony characters especially I feel are unlikely since they're still pretty distant from Nintendo, unlike Microsoft.

After thinking about it over the last few days, I've decided to just stick with the Crash forum from this point on. That way I can focus on supporting only one fighter. I've made my final predictions on my profile page, so I won't be repeating them or changing them constantly while on this forum, since I know I've been doing that a lot lately, which... I apologize for.
It's fine, lad. Not everyone can be able to multitask like I do. (Granted, I am autistic, so I don't know if that factors into it.)

I don't pay much of any stock into predictions anyway, I prefer educated guesses.

While it probably doesn't mean much on it's own, it's pretty amazing to me that we now have had every single non-mobile Crash game on a Nintendo console/handheld besides Crash Bash and Twinsanity.

In fact, there appears to be very few major franchises left that have the majority of their games on Nintendo platforms without Smash representation, and even fewer of those have their most recent games on Switch and/or are family friendly. This sort of history with and representation of the Crash franchise can only be a benefit in my view.
On that note, someone on ResetERA (credit to CyberWolfJV) posted these graphs of Ninty console appearances a while ago.

Crash pretty much only skipped out on the 3DS and Wii U, though he still had the Skylanders appearance.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
It's fine, lad. Not everyone can be able to multitask like I do. (Granted, I am autistic, so I don't know if that factors into it.)

I don't pay much of any stock into predictions anyway, I prefer educated guesses.

On that note, someone on ResetERA (credit to CyberWolfJV) posted these graphs of Ninty console appearances a while ago.

Crash pretty much only skipped out on the 3DS and Wii U, though he still had the Skylanders appearance.
Is that why people think Bubble Bobble has a chance?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
The best/worst thing about this is that it’s something I can totally see Cortex doing.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
There hasn't been any Taito content despite being owned by SE, so that's a factor. Although I wouldn't be shocked if the Space Invaders got in over them.
Potentially stupid question: how would a Space Invader even work? Are there even any characters in that series?

Wait, why am I asking this in the Crash thread? I'm supposed to be asking if insert popular character here has been added to the mobile game yet.

Top Bottom