• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
It's fine, lad. Not everyone can be able to multitask like I do. (Granted, I am autistic, so I don't know if that factors into it.)

I don't pay much of any stock into predictions anyway, I prefer educated guesses.

On that note, someone on ResetERA (credit to CyberWolfJV) posted these graphs of Ninty console appearances a while ago.

Crash pretty much only skipped out on the 3DS and Wii U, though he still had the Skylanders appearance.
I'm assuming this list is a bit outdated? Since Ghosts N' Goblins and Ninja Gaiden don't have a Switch icon in their rows.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm assuming this list is a bit outdated? Since Ghosts N' Goblins and Ninja Gaiden don't have a Switch icon in their rows.
I did say "a while back". I don't know if the user did any other updates for it.

Potentially stupid question: how would a Space Invader even work? Are there even any characters in that series?

Wait, why am I asking this in the Crash thread? I'm supposed to be asking if insert popular character here has been added to the mobile game yet.
...I'll just leave this here.

https://smashboards.com/threads/we-are-invaders-from-space-the-space-invaders-support-thread.455172/

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
For the western side of gaming we still got:

Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Rayman
Master Chief
Doom Slayer
Big Daddy
Lara Croft
Kratos
Ezio Auditore
Sly Cooper
Ratchet & Clank
Jack & Daxter
Scorpion
Conker
Battletoads

Ect, ect. There are still a lot of big western names that haven't entered Smash's halls yet.
Even if we don't have too many universally appealing characters left by the time of the next Smash ,especially if Sony still is pigheaded about not interacting with other first-parties at all, the lesser ones will at least have gotten a sizeable following (especially thanks to those silly fake 4Chan text leaks).

That said, in the meantime, I think the best thing to do is to not think about a big character showing up. It worked for me at least once (by accident, but still). :ultsephiroth:
The only characters I can see from here that are pretty much possible legitmate Smash picks are; Crash, Spyro, Rayman, Master Chief, Doom Slayer, Lara Croft and maybe Kratos.
I kind of agree too, But definitely feel like the Top 3 of that list (Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Master Chief) have the best chance from that bunch of western 3rd party's.

All the other characters I really don't see happening.
Now that the gates have finally been opened for western franchises, it has become even more apparent how much the region lacks in content. Honestly I think it would be a greatly appreciated effort by Nintendo to give us a huge western icon like Crash. Prove to us that you don't have to be an honorary Nintendo character with a stupid amount of requests, or literally from the highest selling game of all time to get playable representation.

Dukefire

Smash Master
However, Two spots remaining will create a lot of heated debates (hot since summer is the next announcement drop) for FP2 ending soon. E3 is where Nintendo will appear, so a lot of big news drop are coming. What I can see for the summer announcement:
1. More on Splatoon 3's gameplay and lore sneak peak
2. Bayonetta 3 and/or Metroid Prime 4 info
3. Smash Ultimate challenger 10 and 11 (if a double reveal is happening.)
4. New IP?
5. Other games down the line for the year.
Edit:
6. possible on more information for BOTW 2

For who is the last 2 remaining challengers, it could be anyone. Just remember to not hold out for FP3 as there is no official confirmation for more DLC.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, I’ve kinda been lurking in this thread for a while. I just wanted to say that I’ve wanted Crash for a while, probably around base game speculation of Ultimate. The Crash games are some of my favorite platform games ever, and I think Crash would be a perfect fit for Smash, and I also fully believe he’ll be revealed at E3. It’s good to see a lot of supporters here!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
We’ve known about the WoL data mine slots since release day

also

ewwwwww I never want to see that nonce’s name anywhere again
What did Mizumi do?

Also, I know we only talk about the Activision half of Activision-Blizzard here, but I felt I should mention that Jeff Kaplan (the guy in charge of Overwatch) announced he was leaving Blizzard today. Apparently he was the one good thing left at Blizzard...

I don't think that means much for us (unless this has to do with those rumors that Toys For Bob is being converted into a support studio), but I figured I would mention it.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
As much as I resist leaning heavily into third-party characters, Crash, like Sonic is one of those big names of gaming in the days of modernity, and of yore; I simply could not ignore the fact Smash Bros. is considered by many to be the ultimate crossover and that Crash 'deserves' a spot in that 'ultimate crossover' anymore. I support.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What did Mizumi do?

Also, I know we only talk about the Activision half of Activision-Blizzard here, but I felt I should mention that Jeff Kaplan (the guy in charge of Overwatch) announced he was leaving Blizzard today. Apparently he was the one good thing left at Blizzard...

I don't think that means much for us (unless this has to do with those rumors that Toys For Bob is being converted into a support studio), but I figured I would mention it.
Trigger warning there was an expose post on Twitter a while back where it was revealed he sexually harassed several people some of whom were minors. The fact he deactivated his Twitter immediately afterwards is telling

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
We’ve known about the WoL data mine slots since release day
I'll just leave this here: https://www.thegamer.com/smash-ultimate-fighters-pass-3/

Take it as you will, I have a hard time getting the benefit of the doubt to exist here.
But wasn't it revealed that they've just been adding more dummy slots with each DLC fighter? I don't have a direct quote or link, but I remember watching a Papagenos video some time ago (I believe it was the Figure Theory video), where they talked about how even with Pyra and Mythra, there's still 10 dummy slots within Smash's code. So I don't know if we can go by that WoL datamine anymore, since those initial spots don't seem to be getting filled in like we thought.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But wasn't it revealed that they've just been adding more dummy slots with each DLC fighter? I don't have a direct quote or link, but I remember watching a Papagenos video some time ago (I believe it was the Figure Theory video), where they talked about how even with Pyra and Mythra, there's still 10 dummy slots within Smash's code. So I don't know if we can go by that WoL datamine anymore, since those initial spots don't seem to be getting filled in like we thought.
I mean it is weird, you can’t deny that

if dlc really is ending, wouldn’t you remove those dummy slots? Idk how development works to say anything tho

TDDolphin

Smash Ace

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

"Wumpa Games... Coming Soon! The new community competition experience will be coming this summer... Check this out for more info HERE! https://community.king.com/en/crash-on-the-run/discussion/335453/🥇-new-contest-announcement-get-ready-for-wumpa-games/p1?new=1"

Not Smash related but def interesting for us to look at as Crash fans.
Yeah, too bad we still don't know jack about the content for forthcoming seasons, so that would help. At least Nitro-Fueled gave use a few roadmaps.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Man things are really slow right now. Hopefully some time in the next couple weeks we'll get news on Challenger 10...
You want Smash specifically, or just anything Nintendo? Because I wouldn't be too surprised if they started to push Miitopia relatively soon...

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
You want Smash specifically, or just anything Nintendo? Because I wouldn't be too surprised if they started to push Miitopia relatively soon...
Just Smash honestly. Pokemon Snap comes out next week and the only other game I'm looking forward to is Skyward Sword HD, which doesn't come out until July. I'm almost certain we're not getting another major Nintendo Direct until E3, but us getting a "Sakurai Presents Challenger Pack 10" presentation still seems pretty reasonable to me. And since we're so close to May now, which is when I'm predicting the next fighter, I'm really hoping for something in the next couple of weeks.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Just Smash honestly. Pokemon Snap comes out next week and the only other game I'm looking forward to is Skyward Sword HD, which doesn't come out until July. I'm almost certain we're not getting another major Nintendo Direct until E3, but us getting a "Sakurai Presents Challenger Pack 10" presentation still seems pretty reasonable to me. And since we're so close to May now, which is when I'm predicting the next fighter, I'm really hoping for something in the next couple of weeks.
I think having to wait till E3 is more likely, but even then that's not far away.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I'll be honest it's pretty funny to see "Some" people getting sick of Crash Bandicoot constantly taking over Smash discussion on the DLC newcomer thread.
Eh, I feel like a lot of Crash fans are starting to get a little too crazy with their support... makes me wonder what they're gonna be like if he doesn't get in...

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Eh, I feel like a lot of Crash fans are starting to get a little too crazy with their support... makes me wonder what they're gonna be like if he doesn't get in...
But at the same time were not always talking about his chances in Smash on there, Sometimes there's a random user that personally doesn't consider Crash an "Icon" and many of us just explain why we disagree and just have a respectful argument about the topic.

Everybody sees the arguement/conversation and automatically assume "Here they go saying Crash Bandicoot is a lock for Smash again" When the conversation isn't even about his chances in Smash to begin with ,But his status as a video game character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom