• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
So besides Crash, who else do y'all think is very likely to take the another slot? I'm still putting stock on a Bandai-Namco newcomer of some kind like a Tales Of rep or a Soul Calibur rep. Plus Bandai-Namco only has one character so far and that's Pac-Man who got into Smash 4. Bandai-Namco has yet to receive a newcomer in Ultimate which I find kind of weird.
Maybe another Zelda character to advertise BOTW2? It could be one of the Champions (that would be sick) like Urbosa.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Since a lot of folks were doing it, i'd like to drop my few cents on who i believe will be the last fighters for the pass.

I predict Crash Bandicoot and Master Chief as the last characters thanks to all the things supporting and floating around for them, But i can also see a different scenario turn up were it isn't these two characters.

I'd have to think that scenario would be Ryu Hayabusa and Rayman as the pass' fighters. While the former is deconfirmed i have a slight feeling his discomfirmed statement was a huge throw away to hide the truth of Ryu's fate in smash, Koei does have credit in the game though it's possible nintendo would want to ask for a character to represent their company. While for the latter, it's simply for Nintendo to give Ubisoft a character after all the experiences they've did together.

As for this rumored bonus fighter, i'd imagine it being Nintendo with my guess being a Mario Rep. I honestly don't like the idea of Waluigi being the last character so don't be attacking me like a swarm of bees please. i have 2 guesses for the mario rep. King Boo to draw more attention on Luigi's Mansion or Geno to bring in another requested character plus closing off the smash bros cycle of requested fighters.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Right now I'm predicting Crash and an Astral Chain rep, but it's honestly a really tough call. The E3 character can be more easily narrowed down, but the other one is definately trickier. I could see Master Chief, a Capcom character, a Bamco character, or maybe even Ryu Hayabusa. It really depends on if they want to end on a bang or not for the Ultimate Smash, and what deals are currently in the works. For now, I'm just going to assume they'll go with the promotional character at the end like they've often done before.

I know Astral Chain already had a spirit event, but they can do whatever they want since they've recently acquired the rights to the franchise. They very well might want to show us more of their shiny new IP, and it could make for a VERY interesting move-set too.

No matter how this roster ends, the biggest flame war in the Smash community's history is going to begin once they announced the last newcomer in Ultimate. And no matter who that last character is popular or not will bring a lot of salt with them for people who didn't wanted the character.
Hopefully we can try to keep that out of this thread at least?

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I don’t like to make predictions but well, I predict that the last 2 fighters will be Crash and Chosed Undead from Dark Souls.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I forgot to mention this, but in the next month or so, keep an eye out for any physical hints to Acti's next move. They did it for Spyro Reignited, CTR Nitro-Fueled and Crash 4, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again for what their next project is.
Huh, no wonder everybody thought the chairs were a hint. It feels like a LOT of game devs do this kind of thing...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I know it's been done to death, But seeing how everyone is doing it again here are my E3 Smash predictions.

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Master Chief
3. Notable or Semi-Obscure Japanese character
4. 3rd Fighters Pass (Final Pass)

I feel like one of these is really gonna happen, Really pulling for Crash, But Master Chief would be a cool 2nd choice, The 3rd one is kind of hard to nail down, But it could be anyone and it's not as clear or obvious compared to the west which I feel it's a lot easier to pinpoint the character choices who are most likely. I kind of want and at the same time don't want a 3rd fighter pass because it's hell, But if Crash doesn't make the cut in season 2 then I'll just have to suck it up and have to speculate a 3rd and hopefully final time.

Last edited:

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't think Master Chief is happening. It feels really unfair to give a third-party company two slots in the fighter's pass.
I was feeling Master Chief Recently Until today. Now I don't think he's happening.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
People who expect Master Chief keep overlooking that he hasn't had a single noteworthy spin-off or cameo appearance on Nintendo hardware, ever (no, a Minecraft skin and Fortnite crossplay do not count). I don't think he'll be in until one of those things happen, and so far it's not the case.

It'd be like letting a vampire in someone's house without officially inviting them.

Besides, let's not kid ourselves, whoever is in the last spot of the pass is likely to be some niche character who wouldn't have been noticed otherwise.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
While history shows us that 2 reps from the same company doesn't really happen, But I believe if any company were to break that trend it's Microsoft.

They are one of the biggest companies in the world and have really had a good working partnership with Nintendo and based on recent events like some Microsoft ports and Xbox Game Pass potentially coming to Switch things are only starting to heat up.

I can also picture a scenario where Master Chief came up during Smash negotiations and Microsoft floored Nintendo with a big fat check to make an exception.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What makes people think Master Chief will happen? Did something come up about him?

SWSU

Smash Apprentice

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What makes people think Master Chief will happen? Did something come up about him?
Imran Khan a former head of Game Informer said in a podcast or video that he thinks Master Chief or Sora is going to be saved near the end. Though while he is a credible source, I think he was just speculating. Take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Imran Khan a former head of Game Informer said in a podcast or video that he thinks Master Chief or Sora is going to be saved near the end. Though while he is a credible spurce, I think he was just speculating. Take it with a grain of salt.
I think he is speculating, too. Based on the past DLC, I think we might get different characters altogether.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Hasn't the only fighter that Imran Khan guessed correctly been Min Min? Some people seem to be treating him like the Vergeben of Fighter Pass 2.
Indeed. He teased Min Min close to her reveal because he clearly had info on her (he made a multi tweet post with her initials or some dumb thing). His prediction before pass 2 started was that the pass 2 big hit would be sora or chief. None clearly happened, and at least we can be 100% sure chief isn't happening if we already got one microsoft character in this pass with Steve. Sora is just super hard for me to see anymore but i would be ok with him if by some miracle it happened, but i heavily doubt it lol. But yeah, Imran hasn't been right about any other character other than Min Min

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Indeed. He teased Min Min close to her reveal because he clearly had info on her (he made a multi tweet post with her initials or some dumb thing). His prediction before pass 2 started was that the pass 2 big hit would be sora or chief. None clearly happened, and at least we can be 100% sure chief isn't happening if we already got one microsoft character in this pass with Steve. Sora is just super hard for me to see anymore but i would be ok with him if by some miracle it happened, but i heavily doubt it lol. But yeah, Imran hasn't been right about any other character other than Min Min
Well considering Sephiroth got in, I don't think Sora is likely anymore either, even if he did only have a sliver of chance before Sephiroth came around. Funnily enough, Halo 3 and Kingdom Hearts II are 2 of my all-time favorite games, and yet I'm not really pulling for Chief or Sora to get in Smash Utimate. Weird that.
Also, I'd consider Sephiroth a HUGE hit alongside those 2 for getting in, so I guess Imran Khan either didn't know about him (which just adds to the argument that he only ever knew about Min Min), or he doesn't consider him a big hit, which if true I vehemently disagree with.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Also, I'd consider Sephiroth a HUGE hit alongside those 2 for getting in, so I guess Imran Khan either didn't know about him (which just adds to the argument that he only ever knew about Min Min), or he doesn't consider him a big hit.
Oh 100%. Like we definitely got the pass sellers to be the same companies again, but it definitely wasn't the characters he said lol ( I know Sora is actually Disney but still SE is semi involved in a way lol)

Yeah, it's unwise to put much stock into an insider if their track record isn't 100% consistent with their sources.

Or even if they were not a good insider in the first place and were simply following the tracks of an actual successful one.
Yeah. My NoA guy only managed to hear about Sephiroth and Banjo WAY ahead of time and then confirmed it a few days prior to their reveals, but in all of 2020 he hasn't really heard anything at all about Nintendo or Smash specifically. It has progressively become harder and almost not worth trying to leak from Nintendo as time has passed, to the point I don't expect to hear anything at all again lol. Out there there isn't really anyone who will be always telling you what the next smash character is, specially first party ones which are the hardest to get info on. It's honestly not worth getting false hopes from whatever anyone says anymore.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I want Master Chief, but I don't want Master Chief if that makes sense. He'd be amazing to see, but he would also likely mean that Crash isn't coming. I just have to go with the charming and cartoony marsupial at the end of the day...

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I want Master Chief, but I don't want Master Chief if that makes sense. He'd be amazing to see, but he would also likely mean that Crash isn't coming. I just have to go with the charming and cartoony marsupial at the end of the day...
I wouldn't MIND Master Chief getting in, but like I mentioned earlier he's not someone I'm pulling for. I just don't see him happening though... At this point, Crash is the only one of my most-wanted picks I really think has a chance of making it into Ultimate. As for the others? I'm pulling for Lloyd Irving too, but since I've never played Tales of Symphonia, my attachment to him only goes so far (I have been watching playthroughs of ToS online lately though, so I'm at least learning more about Lloyd and the game from that). Shantae I just don't think is happening since she's already a spirit in the game, but at least she's my most-used primary spirit, so there's a silver-lining 😊 Ryu Hayabusa has likely been disconfirmed by all of the Yosuda interviews recently, so my drive for him is pretty much gone now, and both Spyro and Conker have pretty much no chance of making it, due to Spyro's lack of presence in Japan compared to everywhere else and... well, we know why Conker probably won't make it lol 😆.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I just suggest to not expect 2 microsoft fighters in the SAME pass, lol. The likeness of that should already sound very, VERY low. It's not realistic anymore is what i'm trying to say. I like Chief, but I know when to expect it and when to give up on it lol

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Playing through N.Sane Trilogy for the 1st time on Switch, Previously owned it when I used to have a PS4 and when the game came out originally back in 2017.

Not trying to 100% the trilogy just going on my own pace as I already did that on the PS4 version, But just playing through it in preperation for "It's About Time".

Notes:

- Personally I feel like the Playstation D-Pad feels better for a game like Crash Bandicoot than the Nintendo Pro controller D-Pad during the 3D hallway sections of the game, Still works pretty well overall though.

- Just beat the 1st game this past weekend at 77%.

- Died 37 times on Stormy Accent, PS4 version it was somewhere around 25-30 times back in 2017.

- I find it somewhat interesting that on the Switch version of the N.Sane Trilogy credits, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Naughty Dog are still mentioned.

Just started playing "Cortex Strikes Back" yesterday.

Last edited:

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
I honestly can't stand the Pro controller D-Pad for anything where precision matters. It's way too easy for it to register inputs to the side of the direction you're actually pressing. Super noticeable in Tetris 99.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I honestly can't stand the Pro controller D-Pad for anything where precision matters. It's way too easy for it to register inputs to the side of the direction you're actually pressing. Super noticeable in Tetris 99.
Probably the only flaw in the controller outside of no headphone jack other than that it's a great gamepad.

While I can work with the D-Pad, It's likely the reason my playthrough of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was a little more sloppier on Switch than Wii U which that Pro Controller's D-Pad was definitely better.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Say, TDDolphin TDDolphin have you heard of this thread? It sounds like one where it would be appropriate to post your thoughts on series you like, but not really expecting for Smash.

https://smashboards.com/threads/doe...but-dont-want-them-to-get-a-character.512997/

I just suggest to not expect 2 microsoft fighters in the SAME pass, lol. The likeness of that should already sound very, VERY low. It's not realistic anymore is what i'm trying to say. I like Chief, but I know when to expect it and when to give up on it lol
If anything, it'd be saner to expect one of the Battletoads, since their games have actually been on Nintendo hardware.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Say, TDDolphin TDDolphin have you heard of this thread? It sounds like one where it would be appropriate to post your thoughts on series you like, but not really expecting for Smash.

https://smashboards.com/threads/doe...but-dont-want-them-to-get-a-character.512997/

If anything, it'd be saner to expect one of the Battletoads, since their games have actually been on Nintendo hardware.
To be fair, Halo COULD be coming to Switch. I still don't think Master Chief is that likely regardless.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
To be fair, Halo COULD be coming to Switch. I still don't think Master Chief is that likely regardless.
I mean, I guess if Sega, Square Enix, Capcom and Konami each have 3 characters playable, Microsoft could get a 3rd one too, and Chief would be the only other MS character I'd be cool with.

Cool! I'll check it out!
Follow-up to KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 ! After checking out that thread you brought up earlier, I wasn't really getting into it. Seemed like a lot more negativity than I was comfortable with on there.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm not difficult with whichever Microsoft-owned character could get in. Rash could get in because of the Battletoads remake, and I'd be fine with it since at least Sak would be likely to use his classic design. :drshrug:

Yeah, the timing would be way too short of a notice for that. Just ask Arthur.

But! It would actually make him viable for the next game, and that's important.

Follow-up to KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 ! After checking out that thread you brought up earlier, I wasn't really getting into it. Seemed like a lot more negativity than I was comfortable with on there.
So much for that then.

Top Bottom