• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, I take it any leaks are still not around for Crash or Smash? Man, Nintendo must be desperate in making sure they don't happen. Hopefully closer to E3, they will occur,
Nothing since the rumored 5-year plan incident (if one doesn't dismiss it), at least.

No one in pass 2 has gotten any slip-ups close to their announcements so far, not even :ultsteve:.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nothing since the rumored 5-year plan incident (if one doesn't dismiss it), at least.

No one in pass 2 has gotten any slip-ups close to their announcements so far, not even :ultsteve:.
So, maybe we'll get something in May at the least?

EDIT: As in a possible leak?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't think we'll get any more fighter leaks. Maybe slip-ups on how much content might actually come later, but otherwise nah.
Yeah, I meant more of slip ups, but for characters, I meant any hints from fans, if inaccurate.

Still, whatever leaks come out by then are something I hope to be fun reads, even if inaccurate in the end.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I meant more of slip ups, but for characters, I meant any hints from fans, if inaccurate.

Still, whatever leaks come out by then are something I hope to be fun reads, even if inaccurate in the end.
I think we'll just get dime-a-dozen easy fake text leaks from 4Chan. Wait for those if you will, but I don't think they have any merit enough to even read when there's better ways to spend the time.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think we'll just get dime-a-dozen easy fake text leaks from 4Chan. Wait for those if you will, but I don't think they have any merit.
Yeah, but I personally still find them fun to exist. Don't think I will necessarily believe them, let alone maybe read them, but it is kinda fun for me to see insider wannabes try hard to look credible.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think whoever the last 2 or few fighters are, no one is going to guess. As after all, no matter who it was, I can't recall any Smash game where people guessed the last fighter correctly before their reveal or unlocking. The last fighter is usually a not so popular character or really obscure character as history has shown us.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I think whoever the last 2 or few fighters are, no one is going to guess. As after all, no matter who it was, I can't recall any Smash game where people guessed the last fighter correctly before their reveal or unlocking. The last fighter is usually a not so popular character or really obscure character as history has shown us.
Yeah, you're right about that :
Melee - Mr. Game & Watch
Brawl - Wolf and Toon Link
4 (Base) - Duck Hunt
4 (DLC) - Corrin and Bayonetta
Ultimate (Base) - Incineroar and Piranha Plant
Ultimate (DLC 1) - Byleth

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This time around, literally every game character on the planet has been guessed by at least one person. The only way it wouldn't be guessed at all is if it were for a character whose game isn't even released yet.
Besides, Arcadenik Arcadenik correctly managed to see the :ultduckhunt: coming for 4 when everyone else didn't care enough to try.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Or a Retro character or a Japanese exclusive character.
Well, "exclusive until further notice", seeing as Sak doesn't want to repeat any :ultmarth: and :ultlucas: situations anymore.

I have a hunch that Ayumi might fit this, seeing how her series has somehow managed to get a localization even though it's extremely niche even in Japan.

I like all of those characters too (except Piranha Plant), but I was going by what other people were saying during their reveals.
Most people in general don't go far enough to do research anyways. Even :ult_terry: was seen as obscure by them.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I like all of those characters too (except Piranha Plant), but I was going by what other people were saying during their reveals.
Yeah, I know, even though what they might have said does not make those characters bad, but you knew that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, "exclusive until further notice", seeing as Sak doesn't want to repeat any :ultmarth: and :ultlucas: situations anymore.

I have a hunch that Ayumi might fit this, seeing how her series has somehow managed to get a localization even though it's extremely niche even in Japan.
Well without Famicom Detective Club, franchises like Ace Attorney and Professor Layton wouldn't exist. Plus, since the Famicom Detective Club remakes are coming to the west, I wouldn't put Ayumi into that Japanese exclusive club anymore.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, what are the odds of Crash happening as Smash DLC at all? The lack of leaks and insiders saying anything worries me.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So, what are the odds of Crash happening as Smash DLC at all? The lack of leaks and insiders saying anything worries me.
As with all potential characters, it's hard to say at the moment. Though I will say that E3 will be the make or break moment for not only Crash, but a LOT of recurring Smash suggestions.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, that makes me even more worried, even if that’s all you can say.
Well, we don't entirely know for sure what Crash or any other remaining characters' fates are. One thing I have learned about Smash over the years is that no character is truly a lock no matter how popular they're or how much they got going for them.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As with all potential characters, it's hard to say at the moment. Though I will say that E3 will be the make or break moment for not only Crash, but a LOT of recurring Smash suggestions.
Of course. I know it is just two months, but I kind of want E3 to come soon.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well without Famicom Detective Club, franchises like Ace Attorney and Professor Layton wouldn't exist. Plus, since the Famicom Detective Club remakes are coming to the west, I wouldn't put Ayumi into that Japanese exclusive club anymore.
Even so, a ton of people would not see her coming. Remakes that are almost entirely exclusive to the e-shop, so casual audiences wouldn't realize they were there for a while.

Same as any other character: 50/50. Either he's in, or he's not, so this kind of question isn't relevant.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, as unlikely as it might be, I hope Ayumi is the last character as she would be insanely hyped for me as she's literally my 2nd most wanted Retro rep only behind Mach Rider.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Even so, a ton of people would not see her coming. Remakes that are almost entirely exclusive to the e-shop, so casual audiences wouldn't realize they were there for a while.

Same as any other character: 50/50. Either he's in, or he's not, so this kind of question isn't relevant.
Yeah, I know. But with no hints even as to who’s next, I had to ask anyway.

Well, we don't entirely know for sure what Crash or any other remaining characters' fates are. One thing I have learned about Smash over the years is that no character is truly a lock no matter how popular they're or how much they got going for them.
Yeah, no character has ever been a lock. For Crash, all we have as a hint is that five year plan or whatever, and that only does so much.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Yeah, no character has ever been a lock. For Crash, all we have as a hint is that five year plan or whatever, and that only does so much.
Yeah, I'm sure that Crash Plan is real since it was being covered a few years ago, but I'm suspicious of the "Crash for Smash in 2021" part that people keep brining up as being part of it. We actually need to SEE a copy of the plan for me to starting thinking about that part being real.

I'm curious to see how Ultimate's roster is going to end though regardless of what the outcome is.
I'll say this. Smash is never going to be this good again once it's over.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
That can also change. Keep in mind they may reveal both of the remaining fighters at E3, and Ultimate time and time again has defied expectations

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, I'm sure that Crash Plan is real since it was being covered a few years ago, but I'm suspicious of the "Crash for Smash in 2021" part that people keep brining up as being part of it. We actually need to SEE a copy of the plan for me to starting thinking about that part being real.
To me, if Crash is not in, maybe that was there because they were trying, and tried to get Crash in? Just a thought.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
That can also change. Keep in mind they may reveal both of the remaining fighters at E3, and Ultimate time and time again has defied expectations
I don't know. They've seemed to have gotten back on a consistent 2-month release schedule ever since Steve came out (minus the gap between Sephiroth and Pyra since they likely took the holidays off from development during that time). That's the main reason why I'm actually predicting May for Challenger 10 and E3 for Challenger 11. But I will say this, if they do do both at E3, hopefully that means they'll release close to each other or even simultaneously.

To me, if Crash is not in, maybe that was there because they were trying, and tried to get Crash in? Just a thought.
Yeah, they may have been trying to hype him up by doing that. Which if true, is dirty as hell...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Smash survived Brawl, so I think we'll still get some good entries (just ask King of Fighters fans after '98). Let's just focus on the present for now.

I'm curious to see how Ultimate's roster is going to end though regardless of what the outcome is.
Presumably as a perfect square for both the CSS and stage select screen, if we get any further surprises in the Summer, I guess.

Other than that, there's too many variables for me to consider.

Well, the tricky thing is that only the insiders and Licensing Source Book have actually seen it, so I don't think that'd be possible. We can only take their word for it at the moment.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/05/new-crash-bandicoot-game-rumoured-for-2019
https://www.dexerto.com/smash/leak-claims-crash-bandicoot-will-join-smash-ultimate-in-2021-1428075/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak.../5year_plan_for_crash_bandioot_from_20172021/

However, the fact that every game covered in said plan is covered is what's suspicious to me. Some fans like me thought that Wumpa League would be revealed in March, but that didn't happen, so we're completely in the dark about it until June at the earliest when it's the one thing that would have surefire killed the leak.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I mean, people thought Banjo & Kazooie were impossible because of being owned by Microsoft, yet they cooperated with Nintendo and made the dream into a reality for the fans. It might be harder to get Activision on the same page, but one thing they love is money so they might cooperate with Nintendo to make Crash in Smash happen.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I haven't followed the "5 Year Plan" document thay closely, But what's the earliest it has been leaked?

Could of sworn it was probably as early as 2019.

Seeing how Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy was announced in 2016 and released in 2017 and seeing how it's gonna be 5 years later and on the 25th anniversary of the franchise gives me some hope.

Yes, I know annversaries don't mean ****, But still.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I haven't followed the "5 Year Plan" document thay closely, But what's the earliest it has been leaked?

Seeing how Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy was announced in 2016 and released in 2017 and seeing how it's gonna be 5 years later and on the 25th anniversary of the franchise gives me some hope.

Yes, I know annversaries don't mean ****, But still.
The earliest I remember people talking about it was sometime in the Summer of 2020 like around August or September.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I dunno, it feels like in this case, if it's in the wings, Activision could purposely make sure Crash's Smash arrival occurs during his birthday.

I mean, besides On the Run, we've yet to see anything else big that punctuates his 25th birthday (the Crash 4 ports don't count), and we're past the end of the first quarter. Just a bunch of merchandise.

Top Bottom