• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
To add more fuel to the Crash speculation fire, our favorite Canadian seems to be teasing some sort of Crash announcement coming soon, as he has yet again tweeted the zipped-mouth emoji, which he usually tweets whenever he does hear of something.

As for what he's teasing specifically, my heart says Crash in Smash, but I think its more likely he's teasing the rumored Crash Wumpa League game.
And look who responded:

I don't know if this is somehow connected to what Liam found out, but he did confirm he'll be uploading that Crash video to Youtube at some point, se we hopefully won't have to wait TOO long.

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Wumpa League would be it either, the only things I could see a real reason to keep his mouth shut would be either Crash in Smash or a potential next installment for Spyro.
Good point, it could very well be a Spyro thing. Either way, I'll be looking forward to it once more info comes out.

But here's my question: Have we ever had a reveal in Smash where a few popular content creators were notified ahead of time of that characters inclusion into the game? Maybe it could end up being completely something else which is why I'm keep my expectations low for right now until more verified information or the reveal from CandianGuyEh comes out.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Good point, it could very well be a Spyro thing. Either way, I'll be looking forward to it once more info comes out.

But here's my question: Have we ever had a reveal in Smash where a few popular content creators were notified ahead of time of that characters inclusion into the game? Maybe it could end up being completely something else which is why I'm keep my expectations low for right now until more verified information or the reveal from CandianGuyEh comes out.
Maybe not Smash exactly, but during Killer Instinct's development, Maximilian Dood was involved in making the trailers for the characters. As far as Smash goes, I got nothing.

MattX20

Smash Hero

While it's not a common occurrence, major game leaks or details being leaked to popular content creators have happened before. With Nintendo's legal threats, if CanadianGuyEh did get Crash in Smash info, would have every reason not to talk about it until the content was confirmed.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
The thing is is that I'm not sure if CGE would be in the know of Crash in Smash as that is mostly Nintendo-information and I'm not sure he has any Nintendo sources as far as I'm concerned. Most, if not all, of his sources come from Activision.
I still think Crash has a high chance of happening given my List, but I think its just a bit too soon until we start hearing rumors for the next fighter, if at all.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The thing is is that I'm not sure if CGE would be in the know of Crash in Smash as that is mostly Nintendo-information and I'm not sure he has any Nintendo sources as far as I'm concerned. Most, if not all, of his sources come from Activision.
I still think Crash has a high chance of happening given my List, but I think its just a bit too soon until we start hearing rumors for the next fighter, if at all.
Plus I'd imagine Nintendo would make sure Activision was as quiet about it as possible. Apparently they're known for getting stuff leaked, so maybe Nintendo would try to make extra certain that doesn't happen.

Unless CDG's source really is that high up, but I feel like Activision would notice that...

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Heyyyy....It's been a while since I posted so I'd like to share something.

Forward Smash: Crash Course

Crash begins his Forward Smash by eagerly winding up his foot and raising it above him. He seems anxious to let loose as he charges the move, barely able to hold any composure, and when he finally cracks...

ssssSSSHaaaWOOOOOOOOOM! Crash rams his foot forward, unleashing so much force that he leaves the ground! He kicks his foot out with so much might that his damage, knockback and KO power reaches deadly heights; this move, as you might guess is an extremely powerful attack. It has a very impressive range due to being over-the-top in addition to its strength, but since Crash is throwing his entire weight and force into the move, there's a catch:

Performing this Smash Attack causes Crash to land on his back. He overshoots his momentum and is promptly thrown off balance in a goofy fashion, and while the animation is swift, it leaves Crash briefly vulnerable right after doing this. You need to be strategic when using this Smash, because foes will pounce on you once the kick is launched. He'll get up on his own if you don't press anything, but if you press A while he's like this...

Crash will quickly rebound, flipping forward and slamming his fists in front of him! Y'know how Link has a secret slash when performing a Forward Smash? Well, Crash can do something similar! You can trick foes into thinking Crash is vulnerable while he's on his back, and when they get in close you can hit them with this surprise! The range, damage, and knockback aren't as robust as his kick, but the rebound is quite reliable for anyone who wants a good followup. Afterwards, he'll return to his idle stance with little endlag.

With this move, Crash provides a layer of unpredictability to anyone facing him. He's making a fool of himself sure, but he puts so much energy into his mannerisms that he's clearly a threat. He's a silly but highly energetic and dangerous fighter; clumsy at times and crazy in most others.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
A bit out of the loop here, so I hope this isn’t going to be repeating anything, but after reading some leaks it seems the “five year plan” was literally... a five year plan. Not “the first 5 years of the Crash revival!” but just... “the 5 years of the Crash revival!”

Damn.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Well, looks like this was what CanadianGuy was teasing at.

As someone who missed out on Crash 4 for being a PS4 exclusive, I am very excited to finally play this game.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I really feel sorry for Balan Wonderworld. Bad enough that the demo didn't blow people and that the Switch version was particularly rough but now there's a game from the same genre coming out the next month and $20 cheaper to boot. And that's on top of MH Rise likely eating up a lot of the Japanese sales around the same time.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I really feel sorry for Balan Wonderworld. Bad enough that the demo didn't blow people and that the Switch version was particularly rough but now there's a game from the same genre coming out the next month and $20 cheaper to boot. And that's on top of MH Rise likely eating up a lot of the Japanese sales around the same time.
If it makes you feel better, there are still people who enjoyed the demo (yes, even the Switch one) and are still planning on buying the game, myself included. It'll get SOME kind of revenue, though probably not make back its budget.

Anyway, it turns out this Switch port ISN'T what Liam Robertson was talking about.

Gonna have to continue the waiting game on that one...

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
If it makes you feel better, there are still people who enjoyed the demo (yes, even the Switch one) and are still planning on buying the game, myself included. It'll get SOME kind of revenue, though probably not make back its budget.
Well I mean I like Yuji Naka, so I hope it sells enough to keep him still involved with future platformers.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Anyway, it turns out this Switch port ISN'T what Liam Robertson was talking about.

Gonna have to continue the waiting game on that one...

It seems Canadian Guy is throwing his hat into the ring and doubting Liam. If I am being honest, I would lean on CG since its clear he has consistently had a ton of insider info for Crash and Spyro over the past few years.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay, with the Switch port officially confirmed, we must remember that it's not necessarily a potential sign that Crash is FP9. FP9 as a March reveal/release still looks incredibly likely in my eyes, so don't be discouraged if Crash doesn't show up here. He still could show up at E3 2021 since it's an all digital event

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
It's a shame, really. The game had a wonderful aesthetic, with charming and unique character designs, a potentially good story about happiness as well as some really nice music. It's a shame that all those aspects have to be wasted in this. I really dig Balan's character design.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Yeah, Balan Wonderworld looks trash. Like, holy god who thought that demo would be a good idea at this rate. It is a shame since I like Yuji Naka's work overall and I think in concept this was a good idea, but dear god this looks abysmal.

Honestly, Rise and Crash 4 will be the switch games of the month. Which is fine by me, I already have P5S and BD2 to consider buying for February if I do get Switch games this month.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
You know, since Crash 4 is coming to Switch and other platforms, aside from PC for now, in the first month of Spring, you think he'll be revealed for Smash next month? And if that's the case, then the 5chan leak will possibly be true.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
You know, since Crash 4 is coming to Switch and other platforms, aside from PC for now, in the first month of Spring, you think he'll be revealed for Smash next month? And if that's the case, then the 5chan leak will possibly be true.
I have done some discussions on 5 chan, and if people want to I'll discuss it then. But to abridge it, it makes some sense.

That being said, while crash could be FP9, nothing is confirmed. Just because a character is getting their latest game coming to the switch does not mean they are for sure coming. While I still think Crash is arguably the likeliest character to appear in this game, its still up in the air.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Yeah, Balan Wonderworld looks trash. Like, holy god who thought that demo would be a good idea at this rate. It is a shame since I like Yuji Naka's work overall and I think in concept this was a good idea, but dear god this looks abysmal.

Honestly, Rise and Crash 4 will be the switch games of the month. Which is fine by me, I already have P5S and BD2 to consider buying for February if I do get Switch games this month.
I mean, apparently there are rumors that, for some reason, the demo is based on an older version of the game, but I don't know if that's a thing developers do. Either way, it seems this might be more Square Enix's fault than Yuji Naka's.

Back to Crash, while it's nice to see Canadian Guy confident, I don't think we should rule out Liam just yet. He's gotten more right than wrong in the past (that meme with the reaper proves it). I suggest we wait and see for now.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I mean, apparently there are rumors that, for some reason, the demo is based on an older version of the game, but I don't know if that's a thing developers do. Either way, it seems this might be more Square Enix's fault than Yuji Naka's.

Back to Crash, while it's nice to see Canadian Guy confident, I don't think we should rule out Liam just yet. He's gotten more right than wrong in the past (that meme with the reaper proves it). I suggest we wait and see for now.

I mean, the only thing Activision related was Skylanders, and tbh even from a passive observer it was clear that Skylanders at that point was winding down. I am not giving him credit on Scalebound since his video on it came out way later than its cancellation by about a month. That leaves HAMMER which was cancelled before he was around. The reaper meme seems forced af when its really only 1/3.

So yeah, until he shows his evidence I will trust the guy who has got a ton right within the past 4 years of Crash and Spyro history and has notably gotten early talks with devs.

It also helps that the press release they released today says more stuff is coming this year beyond just the port. So given Activision is clearly teasing something and the main Crash insider guy doubts it, I think that Crash is far from dead as he might want to claim. Maybe a project got cancelled, who knows? But at least things do not seem dire right now.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Cool to have Crash 4 finally confirmed to the Switch. Also...

...looks like some effort was put into the port, which is a better solution than just "lower resolution and done". And for 40 bucks, not bad.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Cool to have Crash 4 finally confirmed to the Switch. Also...

...looks like some effort was put into the port, which is a better solution than just "lower resolution and done". And for 40 bucks, not bad.
I wonder if the same could be done with, say, Kingdom Hearts 3 if it ever got a Switch port?

Top Bottom