• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
Or too much mayo on a Subway sandwich. But man, though it only has been a few months, there really has been a news drought in terms of Smash.
LOL, true.

And yeah it has been rather dry on that front. I expect it to pick up a little when it gets closer to the next set of Amiibos released in March as a potential reveal time/date for FP9 to maybe go along with the release?

We'll see.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Just had the same thought to post this... I'm watching it now. There's way too many candidates for March... There's really no way to tell.
March IS a packed month, isn't it? Crash 4, Monster Hunter Rise, even Balan Wonderworld (though that one would be lucky to get a Spirit Event) are all in March.

Though speaking of MH, I honestly think that one's more likely to get its Mii Costumes back at this point. They could easily have Sakurai say "By the way, Monster Hunter Rise is coming out, so here are the costumes to let you feel like a Hunter". Granted, he's never brought attention to a 4 costume returning, but still.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Honestly, I feel like Crash is a rare example of a character who, I personally feel, could realistically be anyone of these fighters.

I could see Crash get revealed next because Crash 4 is coming to the Switch around the same time as we are expected to get the next reveal. However, and this is definitely the most likely scenario, Crash has probably the highest chance out of any candidate to be revealed as FP10 at E3 considering Nintendo usually saves the heavy-hitters for around that time, and June is the Crash month. But, and this may be an unpopular opinion, I also think their is a slight chance if Crash isn't 9 or 10 that he could be saved for the very last reveal. This is definitely the least likely scenario for me and I do think if FP9 or 10 isn't Crash, his chances may decrease quite considerably, but I do have a feeling that their is a chance Ultimate may end on a high note, and a much better note than most other Smash games. I understand that Smash usually doesn't have the best track records when it comes to final reveals, but with Ultimate being the ultimate Smash game, I do think its possible Sakurai may really knock this Pass out of the park and end Smash Ultimate with a bang. I do think this is the least likely scenario, but its certainly a scenario nonetheless and I'll always consider this a possibility.

Out of these scenarios, I think its more likely Crash will be revealed at E3 as FP10, but realistically, Crash is a rare example of a character that I honestly cannot rule out completely for being any one of these characters.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It's very possible that Crash can appear in any of the last 3 roster spots considering the circumstances.

Fighter #9: Expected in March, The same time Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time releases on Switch.

Fighter #10: Expected in June during E3/Digital Event, Crash Bandicoot is a big enough icon to carry the weight of an E3 announcement and the franchise has a history of releases and announcements in June.

Fighter #11: Holiday 2021 maybe even VGA's, Crash Bandicoot has had ties announcements in the VGA's which could be fitting for the final character reveal.

The last one might be my least optimistic scenario and stretching it a bit because Holiday 2021 might be too far out or late for a Smash reveal, The last character will probably get unveiled in the Fall around September or October, So unless they end "Ultimate" with a bang my confidence will probably drop considerably if Crash Bandicoot doesn't show up the next 2 upcoming spots.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
It's very possible that Crash can appear in any of the last 3 roster spots considering the circumstances.

Fighter #9: Expected in March, The same time Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time releases on Switch.

Fighter #10: Expected in June during E3/Digital Event, Crash Bandicoot is a big enough icon to carry the weight of an E3 announcement and the franchise has a history of releases and announcements in June.

Fighter #11: Holiday 2021 maybe even VGA's, Crash Bandicoot has had ties announcements in the VGA's which could be fitting for the final character reveal.

The last one might be my least optimistic scenario and stretching it a bit because Holiday 2021 might be too far out or late for a Smash reveal, The last character will probably get unveiled in the Fall around September or October, So unless they end "Ultimate" with a bang my confidence will probably drop considerably if Crash Bandicoot doesn't show up the next 2 upcoming spots.
A reason as to why I'm not as hopeful about Crash being the last character to be announced, is because last character reveals in Smash always tend to be the least exciting ones. The last characters to be revealed in Ultimate's base roster were Ken and Incineroar, Byleth was the last character of Season Pass 1 and in Smash 4, while Bayonetta could be considered an exciting pick by most people, she was also revealed alongside Corrin.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
A reason as to why I'm not as hopeful about Crash being the last character to be announced, is because last character reveals in Smash always tend to be the least exciting ones. The last characters to be revealed in Ultimate's base roster were Ken and Incineroar, Byleth was the last character of Season Pass 1 and in Smash 4, while Bayonetta could be considered an exciting pick by most people, she was also revealed alongside Corrin.
While history shows us that's true, At the same time I find it weird that when Season 2 was announced it was 6 fighters instead of 5 like Season 1, Not to mention they showed the placeholder for "Fighter #11" as almost a bonus or extra character which leads be to suspect that it could be a big name or a completley "Out of Left Field" character and considering this is "Ultimate" and "Supposedly" our final 3 characters, Not that it means it's gonna be Crash Bandicoot, But It's worth paying close attention to that last character slot.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
While history shows us that's true, At the same time I find it weird that when Season 2 was announced it was 6 fighters instead of 5 like Season 1, Not to mention they showed the placeholder for "Fighter #11" as almost a bonus or extra character which leads be to suspect that it could be a big name or a completley "Out of Left Field" character and considering this is "Ultimate" and "Supposedly" our final 3 characters, Not that it means it's gonna be Crash Bandicoot, But It's worth paying close attention to that last character slot.
I'm fairly certain the only reason they did that was to emphasize Fighter Pass 2 getting one additional fighter than Fighter Pass 1. I think you guys care more about which characters are revealed where than Sakurai and Nintendo do.

Last edited:

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
You know, that actually sounds pretty fair. The way they showed the "Fighter #11" slot felt kind of intriguing. Either they did it that way in order to surprise us with the reveal of getting one more character this second season pass, or it's because of what you just said.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Wait really? Steve of all DLC? well for me it was Min Min
For what it's worth, Steve was a VERY divisive character. On the one hand, he managed to break Twitter, but on the other hand...

Let's just say the Earthworm Jim support thread is in a very poor position.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
While I got my "Most Wanted Character" in Banjo-Kazooie and nothing is ever gonna top that, Their the only fighter I have bought so far because everyone else has been a major disappointment for me so far.

The only one that kind of grew on me a little was Joker and to a lesser extent Terry, But that's not saying much and certainly not enough to fork over some dough for characters I don't really care about or never gonna use.

What's funny is Season 2's last 2 characters which many would consider to be the biggest DLC additions so far absolutely do nothing for me and are as big of disappointment to me as Byleth back in Season 1.

The only upside I see is that I have reached rock bottom after Banjo-Kazooie and it can only go up from here and hopefully Crash Bandicoot can salvage the final 3 for me or at least something right up my "Alley"

Last edited:

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman

Just when you thought the fandom couldn't be more disrespectful then ever.

First they bring up predicting Isaac, now Crash...
I've seen that dude's tweets before. He has an UNHEALTHY obsession with Crash being in Smash. Like okay, we (referring to this thread) all really want Crash in Smash, but that guy takes it to the next level.

EDIT: For what it's worth, he deleted the tweet and apologized for it.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I've seen that dude's tweets before. He has an UNHEALTHY obsession with Crash being in Smash. Like okay, we (referring to this thread) all really want Crash in Smash, but that guy takes it to the next level.
Ooohhh, he's one of THOSE people...

Word of advice: just ignore it and move on. We have better "Crash in Smash"-related things to discuss...

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I don't want to be associated with these type of people. They're the worst.
Every fanbase has their bad apples. I have seen plenty of nuts from plenty of different fanbases that I know have good fans and even characters I like. Rayman, KOS MOS, Doomguy, you name it. Don't let it discourage you from supporting whoever you like.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Every fanbase has their bad apples. I have seen plenty of nuts from plenty of different fanbases that I know have good fans and even characters I like. Rayman, KOS MOS, Doomguy, you name it. Don't let it discourage you from supporting whoever you like.
This goes beyond just fanbases that want a character in Smash. This can also apply to fandoms being widely considered to be toxic, like the Steven Universe one. Yes, there are fans that have done some very horrible stuff, but we shouldn't automatically consider every single SU fan to be as bad as those individuals. And I'm saying this as someone who isn't a SU fan. I've seen more posts and videos on how a fandom is awful than the fandom doing the stuff of what it's accused. And this especially also applies to the Geno supporters. They are always accused of being toxic but as soon as Geno got deconfirmed, a lot of people started bullying and taunting those who wanted the character.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
This goes beyond just fanbases that want a character in Smash. This can also apply to fandoms being widely considered to be toxic, like the Steven Universe one. Yes, there are fans that have done some very horrible stuff, but we shouldn't automatically consider every single SU fan to be as bad as those individuals. And I'm saying this as someone who isn't a SU fan. I've seen more posts and videos on how a fandom is awful than the fandom doing the stuff of what it's accused. And this especially also applies to the Geno supporters. They are always accused of being toxic but as soon as Geno got deconfirmed, a lot of people started bullying and taunting those who wanted the character.
For what it's worth, the Geno situation is a bit more complicated than that...

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

Just when you thought the fandom couldn't be more disrespectful then ever.

First they bring up predicting Isaac, now Crash...
News Flash !!!, Sakurai's Twitter account always gets attacked with tons of Smash request regardless of the situation, He's even stated before that he does not take request through his account, But some hardcore Smash fans just really can't seem to get the memo, As stupid as some people are it really is nothing new.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Okay so moving on, someone made Crash as he would appear in each Smash game.
Surprisly, accurately. Maybe Crash’s titans look fo Brawl

Wait really? Steve of all DLC? well for me it was Min Min
Yes. For me (without bashing Steve or his fans), I felt he wasn’t needed until the next Smash to get a solid 3rd party candidate going. Only other choice was Byleth I was disappointed with.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
You gotta admit though that's a damn good looking "Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time" model that can really pass for an official Smash 3D model or even "Leak" material, I really hope that's what Crash Bandicoot looks like if he does make the final cut.

Just look at him... He fits in so damn well into Smash.

Et0oW-FWgAExhzG.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
News Flash !!!, Sakurai's Twitter account always gets attacked with tons of Smash request regardless of the situation, He's even stated before that he does not take request through his account, But some hardcore Smash fans just really can't seem to get the memo, As stupid as some people are it really is nothing new.
Fans like these are why I stopped wanting certain characters like Waluigi. He will get in someday, but people need to chill!

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
I can't make out who the fighters are...
We figured it out in other threads, so here's the list from left to right:
Kubfu (Pokemon), Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden), Crash, Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear), Amaterasu (Okami), Yuri Lowell (Tales of)

The figures in the "leak" are ripped straight from either their games (Kubfu and Sol), or off of figures (Yuri and Ammy), so its definitely fake.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
We figured it out in other threads, so here's the list from left to right:
Kubfu (Pokemon), Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden), Crash, Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear), Amaterasu (Okami), Yuri Lowell (Tales of)

The figures in the "leak" are ripped straight from either their games (Kubfu and Sol), or off of figures (Yuri and Ammy), so its definitely fake.
Well, then their first mistake was using Kubfu instead of Urshifu.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I mean, to be fair, Kubfu seems a bit plausible when you realize why Urshifu’s two forms can’t work but I’m not gonna discuss that on a Cash Banooca thread.
I mostly meant because Urshifu is the one that gets all the promotion for that DLC (and to be fair, I doubt Sakurai would care THAT much if it meant giving him an interesting moveset), but yeah this isn't really the place for that.

Top Bottom