• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Hey, I've been there. I usually can't do the morning directs. As long as it doesn't put your job in jeopardy!
It really shouldn't be a problem, Their very flexible about scheduling/time, So all I'm asking for is 1 measly hour.

I just hope the Smash news is revealed 1st or early on so I'm not cutting it close to punching into work.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
It really shouldn't be a problem, Their very flexible about scheduling/time, So all I'm asking for is 1 measly hour.

I just hope the Smash news is revealed 1st or early on so I'm not cutting it close to punching into work.
Well. Smash was the first thing revealed during the Game Awards, so I suppose it's possible it could open things again for the Direct.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Deep down, I know Crash is a highly likely character, hence why I made The List, but I really don't want to be disappointed like I was with Sephiroth, so I'm just gonna expect someone extremely disappointing and hope for the best. However, I'd be lying if I said Crash wasn't a likely character, because he definitely is.
No matter what happens, let's all just hope for the best!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm super anxious for what is to come in the next 10 minutes. Here's hoping if there is no Smash reveal then we at least get some Crash 4 stuff.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
10 minutes. I hope that Crash is the character revealed today!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I know they say it's for the 1st half of the year, But...

Nintendo Direct Wishlist:

• New Donkey Kong game 2D/3D
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy Remastered
  • Mario Sport Spinoff (Baseball/ Strikers)
  • Super Mario Party DLC or 2 announcement
  • Rare Replay or Select Rare games on Switch
  • Crash Bandicoot in Smash or 3rd Season

I know it's kind of asking for a lot, But hopefully some of these happen, Here's hoping for the best !!!

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Well, I'm back.
To be honest, this Direct was disappointing for me personally since a lot of games revealed were just generic anime stuff that has no interest to me at all, but you know what? I'm actually fine with Pyra \ Mythra. Sure, it wasn't Crash or an insanely popular third-party, but I know so many people who wanted Rex in the game and while Rex technically isn't in, people got something a little close to that with Pyra \ Mythra, and I'm sure their are tons of happy Xenoblade 2 and Rex fans out their. Besides, I was lowkey predicting a XC2 rep for the longest time anyway, so I can't say I'm too surprised.
As for Crash, he is still highly likely and I'm pretty sure most of everyone here moreso expected him to be revealed at E3, so not much was lost here in terms of his chances.
As for the rest of the Direct, it wasn't the greatest and the only other announcements that got me even a little excited was Mario Golf, Miitopia, Skyward Sword HD (even though they really baited us and made us think it was BOTW 2) and Splatoon 3, which was quite a surprise.
So, the wait for Crash still continues. If Crash isn't the next fighter, I will lose a bit of hope, but I am pretty confident in him. Nintendo usually knocks it out of the park when it comes to their E3 reveals and I can't think of too many heavy-hitters left that would really fit for an E3 reveal besides Crash, so here's hoping. The timing just feels extremely right that I'd be shocked if he isn't the next character. Here's to hoping!

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
I feel Pyra/Mythra are a good choice, especially for the Xenoblade fans who got burned last year with Byleth's reveal and Shulk being the sole Xenoblade rep. I do personally think if Crash isn't revealed at E3 this year, then he missed the boat unless there is another wave of DLC in the future.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Well boys and girls, better pray E3 delivers. 4 more months to go!
With two spots left, I'm nervous as hell. E-3 can become a wildcard and either making our dreams come true....or wash us away in massive disappointment. There's too much on the line with the two remaining spots....unless Nintendo and Sakurai throw a curveball with introducing Crash as the starter for the 3rd wave

Another lost battle 😞
We may have lost the battle, but we have not lost the war.

SOLDIERS, RETREAT! WE WILL HIDE AND RESTRATEIGE HOW TO CAPTURE THE ENEMY FRONT-LINERS AND LET OUR BANDIGOD IN E-3!

Grabs Wumpa Bazooka

Who's in?

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
While I didn't want Pyra and Mythra, I'm happy for Xenoblade fans. It was about time the series got another rep.

As for Crash, we shouldn't give up hope just yet. Just because he isn't challenger pack 9 doesn't mean he's out of the running. We still got E3, which is still the most ideal time for him to be revealed. That, coupled with the "other fun happenings" that have been teased for the Crash franchise to happen in this year and the still not-debunked "five year plan" rumor, still gives me some reassurance.

Top Bottom