• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While I got my "Most Wanted Character" in Banjo-Kazooie and nothing is ever gonna top that, Their the only fighter I have bought so far because everyone else has been a major disappointment for me so far.

The only one that kind of grew on me a little was Joker and to a lesser extent Terry, But that's not saying much and certainly not enough to fork over some dough for characters I don't really care about or never gonna use.

What's funny is Season 2's last 2 characters which many would consider to be the biggest DLC additions so far absolutely do nothing for me and are as big of disappointment to me as Byleth back in Season 1.

The only upside I see is that I have reached rock bottom after Banjo-Kazooie and it can only go up from here and hopefully Crash Bandicoot can salvage the final 3 for me or at least something right up my "Alley"
Yeah, I hope we get someone else in the DLC lineup that I really want as well as Banjo & Kazooie and Sephiroth are the only DLC characters thus far I really wanted and was interested in. Min Min is pretty cool while everyone else just isn't my cup of tea.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
EB4E5F24-48CB-42C3-B25E-C991F215ED0E.png

ooohh boy grinch leak 2??? this many characters??? well, smash speculation's been pretty boring lately so why not. real or most likely fake, i would be fine with this being real. dunno who's that person at the far right, sorry.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
View attachment 303126
ooohh boy grinch leak 2??? this many characters??? well, smash speculation's been pretty boring lately so why not. real or most likely fake, i would be fine with this being real. dunno who's that person at the far right, sorry.
It's already been debunked unfortunately. Also, the ??? is Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
S
View attachment 303126
Speaking of the Grinch Leak, it's incredible how the guy behind that fake leak still hasn't come out. Looks like the Grinch Leak is forever going to remain as one of the biggest mysteries in the history of Smash speculation.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 303126
Blurry equals fake as showing the rest of the DLC characters' banner renders is the leaker showning ***** if it were real. Why not show it in full clear resolution as them showing a SUPER illegal image is already enough for the Nintenjas to go after them and put them in prison. Obviously, it's fake like the Grinch leak and I wouldn't be surprised if it was from the same dude in a poor attempt to troll the Smash fanbase again.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
View attachment 303126
I'd troll saying it's fake because there's no Coco with Crash

So...wonder if Wumpa Fruits will be a healing item that'll be added? Would be nice to see some new items being added in DLC, not just all the items being base roster

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'd troll saying it's fake because there's no Coco with Crash

So...wonder if Wumpa Fruits will be a healing item that'll be added? Would be nice to see some new items being added in DLC, not just all the items being base roster
Oh yeah, that would be sweet! If they included a Golden Wumpa fruit, that would probably heal a lot of damamge.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So I just realized, that leak image had 6 new characters on it... but we're only supposed to be getting 3 more characters for Fighter Pass 2... I can't believe I forgot that part :facepalm:
It happens - some people think that we could get a third fighters pass after this one, since there's enough room in the game's data for three or four more characters before the game crashes. (at least, as of a few months ago - it might have changed since then)

Something similar happened with the Grinch leak, where some people seemed to think that we were going to get seven reveals (five unique characters and two echo fighters) in the last Smash Direct before launch. (Isaac, Banjo-Kazooie, Mach Rider, Geno, Chorus Kids, and Shadow and Ken as echo fighters - and I'm sure that some people thought that Shadow could be unique, while others thought they saw Skull Kid in front of Mach Rider's bike)

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Honestly not too surprised to see that high of a ranking, But really cool and humbling to see our boy Crash Bandicoot take the overall #1 spot in the Smashboards "Top 10 Most Likely Newcomer list" for Smash DLC.

Makes me feel good to see that many, (Not just me) really like his odds of making it into Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Regarding Smash, It's interesting to see that they said news, Not character reveal, But it sounds like they have an announcement regarding the future of Ultimate and the possibility of 3 potential outcomes happening.

1. Regular classic character reveal trailer.

2. News for a future Smash direct in March to reveal a new character and a date for "Sakurai presents".

3. Season 3 fighter pass announced.

Last edited:

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
I know there's a lot of excitement for tomorrow, but I'm personally not expecting our bandicoot boi to be the character to be revealed tomorrow. Like most others have said, it would make much more sense for Crash to be announced at E3. If anything, we should probably expect Fighter Pass 9 to be a first party like Min Min or Byleth.

Would love to be wrong, tho.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Regardless of whether or not Crash is revealed here anyway, I still think this Direct will be pretty N. Sane. This Direct is almost AN HOUR LONG, which I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, the longest Nintendo Direct to date. Not to mention the fact that not only are they revealing new updates for games we already know about, but their also revealing new games on top of that. I don't know about you all, but I have a very great feeling about this Direct, and it could be a great sign of things to come from Nintendo for 2021.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
If we get Smash tomorrow, its a 1st party. I bet everything on that. Crash is of the E3 caliber, but OF COURSE I WOULD LOVE TO BE WRONG AND GET HIM SOONER!!! 50 minutes is gonna be N.SANE!!!

Last edited:

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Regardless of whether or not Crash is revealed here anyway, I still think this Direct will be pretty N. Sane. This Direct is almost AN HOUR LONG, which I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, the longest Nintendo Direct to date. Not to mention the fact that not only are they revealing new updates for games we already know about, but their also revealing new games on top of that. I don't know about you all, but I have a very great feeling about this Direct, and it could be a great sign of things to come from Nintendo for 2021.
They said games that would come out in the first half of 2021, so I'm worried that big part of the direct could be information about games that we already know about.

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
The language of "roughly 50 minutes of information focused on available games like Super #SmashBrosUltimate" is interesting compared to "The next #SmashBrosUltimate DLC fighter will be revealed tomorrow" so I wonder if it means or something, or maybe it'll be like the last Smash character revealed in a Direct where they won't tell you straight up and that you'll have to find out when you see it type of deal.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
We are definitely getting DLC fighter tomorrow. The question is...who?

I’d gladly scarfifice the top 10 popular characters just to put Crash in lol. Make Coco an alt attire like they did with Steve, Villager, etc

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
They said games that would come out in the first half of 2021, so I'm worried that big part of the direct could be information about games that we already know about.
I'm not worried about that, as I'm sure their will be quite a bit of exciting games for the first half. You also need to keep in mind that we did not have a single Nintendo Direct last year due to COVID, so we may actually have an exciting first half considering some of these games may have been planned for 2020, but were delayed to 2021 due to the pandemic.

Top Bottom