• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

MattX20

Smash Hero
The characters that have the best shots I feel as a VGA reveal are Crash, Doomslayer, Geno admittedly to a lesser extent and going off the idea he might've been an E3 reveal initially, or Hayabusa.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Hey friends. I'm a little late, but I made this post back in October and I meant to post it here, but forgot.
I was expecting a reveal at the Video Game Awards, and I was right. It would make sense to have three for this year and three for the next year, but I wasn't sure about it. Lo and behold, the announcement popped up. Now, who is it? I always thought about Crash and that particular leak about the five-year plan. This also coincides with a figure that Crash is getting in Japan and the commercial that aired, something that Crash is known to get to some fanfare. Mix this with Crash still being a big name in Japan and that magazine ad I posted in my first response in this thread and I had a feeling that Crash would probably appear in Smash either sooner or later. Why have a video game celebration and not have one of the most notable faces in 90's gaming as a fighter?

Anything can happen, but I think a certain marsupial may appear sooner than we think.

MattX20

Smash Hero
With just less than a few hours to go before it starts, it'll be either a short wait or a long one depending on when the reveal occurs.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While Crash isn't one of my most wanted characters, I would greatly respect his inclusion if he makes it in because of the gigantic gaming icon he is. Good luck tonight Crash fans!

NB96

Smash Rookie
He's definitely got a good chance tonight. I think he's in no matter what though.

Smash has mainly characters from Japanese developers so I feel Crash is the only Western character to have a chance. I just don't think they'll add the Doom Guy or Master Chief too because that would be three Western characters in this Season pass which seems like a lot.

I could easily see the last four being Crash, Ryu Hayabusa, a Capcom character (Dante maybe) and one more Japanese character.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hoping as well for the Bandicoot finally Crashing their way to Smashing over here...

As someone very much acquainted with the series up to this point, Crash would be pretty nice surprise on personal end, even if I hadn't exactly wanted to bother with him too upfront with this series. Even better is how his current status and circumstances very much in fine place to hit a mighty fine homerun for him.

I hope we at least get Coco as an Alt too.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Big letdown, Tuned out immediately.

The best part of the Smash trailer for me was just able to see Banjo-Kazooie get more CGI screen time.

4hh3jlrf9g461.jpg

3 down, 3 more left to go, Were down, But not out.

Don't worry Crash Bandicoot your time will come.

We need more platformer mascots in the fighter pass.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If you didn't keep up with my multitude of posts on the Geno thread, words cannot describe how absolutely disappointed I am with this reveal.
On the bright side, however, Crash still ain't dead yet and I still think he has a good chance of happening!
Okay, this might be a bit awkward, but why ARE you disappointed? I get that Geno is most-likely deconfitmed at this point, but is there more to it?

Anyway, it was nice to speculate on Geoff's wordchoice. Sorry about Crash 4 losing, but Animal Crossing is tough competition.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Not that I dislike Sephiroth (heck, he's an improvement over Steve in my opinion), but do we know if he's the only character being revealed tonight?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Okay, this might be a bit awkward, but why ARE you disappointed? I get that Geno is most-likely deconfitmed at this point, but is there more to it?

Anyway, it was nice to speculate on Geoff's wordchoice. Sorry about Crash 4 losing, but Animal Crossing is tough competition.
Their is more to it. I made a huge write-up about this on the Geno thread as you can see here. I just think Sephiroth was not the wisest choice imho.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I believe Crash is still coming to Smash. Out of all Western IP, and iconic characters, albeit Steve is already one Western rep, I think Crash could still get the pass. I mean, they really can't afford to pass this one up (technically they could but, c'mon). Also, perhaps he's being saved for a closer date to the release of the Switch version of Crash 4: It's About Time.

Top Bottom