• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
The only thing that could deconfirm Crash is if he get's a Mii costume or Activision comes out themselves and says he's not happening.
Even if an Activision member comes and says he's not happening, they could just be lying, like how the creator of Banjo himself lied and said to not hold hopes for Banjo.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Even then, it wouldn't mean much, since they're in the same umbrella and Crash can precede them. :ultbanjokazooie::ultsteve:

With how much Acti has been pushing Crash lately, I have a hard time seeing them skip over him entirely.
At this point, the only thing that could possibly stop Crash is if Activision got all cocky and decided to charge Nintendo a fortune for Crash in Smash, given what happened with PSASBR. I know, different situation, but Activision isn't as smart as some people give them credit for.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At this point, the only thing that could possibly stop Crash is if Activision got all cocky and decided to charge Nintendo a fortune for Crash in Smash, given what happened with PSASBR. I know, different situation, but Activision isn't as smart as some people give them credit for.
Watch as they demand a dozen amiibo for him and his spirits before he can get in. :4pacman:

In any case, Sak commands enough respect that even Konami had to bend over and comply for Ultimate, and those guys ditched much of their game development/lineage for a while during the mid-New Tens.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong.

But wouldn't Nintendo/Namco/Smash Team be doing "Most"of the work anyways?

I imagine companies would still have to oversee the production of their own character and to make sure they get everything right, Maybe even provide some input from some of their own teams, But I would imagine it would be "Easy Money" for the most part seeing they mostly handle the paperwork and license agreements while Nintendo/Co take care of the rest.

I know it's a business and all, But it's absolutely one hell of an honor and achievement to have a one of your company's flagship characters rumble with some of video gaming's biggest icons in Super Smash Bros.

And I for one hope and would absolutely love for Crash Bandicoot to be part of it.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
So I was thinking about those Pics of the Day, and even if they are just references then that's still a plus for Crash's inclusion. I think it gives a pretty clear indication that Sakurai enjoys and LIKES Crash Bandicoot, and this certainly isn't something to take for granted as he certainly has his share of detractors...

Last edited:

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
Crack Theory: You know Mario has been getting his ass kicked in most of these reveals. You know what would be the best way to follow the pattern? His worst nightmare

HEY Plumber boy, mustache man!
I know a lot of people are holding onto hope that that this specific costume iteration will be in the trailer, but if you're doing a trailer worldwide it's hard to justify the trailer only catering to American marketing imo.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I know a lot of people are holding onto hope that that this specific costume iteration will be in the trailer, but if you're doing a trailer worldwide it's hard to justify the trailer only catering to American marketing imo.
Actually, some of the Crash 4 trailers use an edited version of the person in suit Crash mascot commercials now! ...They just...put a weird circle shaped indent of teeth where the human face would be. It's kind of creepy.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Crack Theory: You know Mario has been getting his ass kicked in most of these reveals. You know what would be the best way to follow the pattern? His worst nightmare

HEY Plumber boy, mustache man!
I REALLY want them to reference that commercial and the Crash mascot costume was prominent in the Japanese ads too, but knowing Sakurai, he'll do something generic or something that 'fits' Smash. References are no fun (Unless he personally likes something then you can expect nods out the ass). It was a perfect opportunity to have Crash revealed at the VGA's last week with the costumed Crash coming to the stage following his trailer. But if he gets in I expect a generic trailer. Yeah, him getting in is important enough but it still shows that you care enough to put the extra nods here and there.

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
Crash is a major gaming icon, so he still has a chance
LMAO. Being iconic means NOTHING in smash. And being iconic means you're more than likely to be a mii costume.

I refuse to believe we'll get any other good/deserving character after ANOTHER ff7 shill rep that's a generic swordsman.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
LMAO. Being iconic means NOTHING in smash. And being iconic means you're more than likely to be a mii costume.

I refuse to believe we'll get any other good/deserving character after ANOTHER ff7 shill rep that's a generic swordsman.
Dude, calm down, it's just a game.

Though real talk, I was a little nervous they were gonna randomly Mii-ify Crash this Pack. There was a rumor that SE had only allowed 2 costumes, and I knew Chocobo and Geno were coming back, so that made me think Nintendo would try to compensate...

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
To any Geno supporters in the thread, I am sorry it ended like this. I thought yall would at least get a deluxe costume.

That being said, we can keep our fingers crossed. Crash makes a lot of sense and some of the leaks we have seen floating around hold at least enough promise to consider. I feel very confident in Crash myself, but you all can be your own judges.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I seriously need Crash in Smash now more then ever after how attrociously disappointing the Mii Outfit Wave was in this presentation. Crash is now my only most wanted character who hasn't been deconfirmed yet, so I am praying for him now more then I ever have.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Hey Crash thread! I've posted here occasionally but I'm coming to show my support now that my most wanted has been seemingly disconfirmed. Crash and Rayman are sorta tied for my second most wanted ls since Ridley and K Rool made it in. I just want to say don't give up no matter what happens in these next three characters! Keep pushing for the character(s) you care about despite the odds and despite any pushback! Crash is probably the most likely character of characters I actually want to make it in too imo so best of luck to you all. I hope everyone is well during this trying year.

Faso115

Smash Lord
It's great that while i'm personally didn't really want Geno, some of his fans are at least supportive of other picks and i can only say that i'm terribly sorry for being bamboozled for this long. We can always use more support.

Though you can brag that Geno can have a sans head. :p

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
So I'm trying to think about who could possibly be an E3 reveal aside from Crash. I feel like his main competitors are a Capcom rep or maybe Lloyd Irving. It's honestly hard to think of many more that would be appropriate and possible at this point. I'm kind of doubting Capcom too since there hasn't been any Smash information found in the leak yet. We'll just have to see, but I honestly don't see too many characters standing in his way.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So I'm trying to think about who could possibly be an E3 reveal aside from Crash. I feel like his main competitors are a Capcom rep or maybe Lloyd Irving. It's honestly hard to think of many more that would be appropriate and possible at this point. I'm kind of doubting Capcom too since there hasn't been any Smash information found in the leak yet. We'll just have to see, but I honestly don't see too many characters standing in his way.
Maybe Sora could be a character revealed alongside him?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Maybe Sora could be a character revealed alongside him?
I'm pretty skeptical about another SE rep, but it's definately not impossible. I'm not sure about a double reveal either. Depends on if they want to spread out the announcements for the last three. I imagine we'll see #9 around the end of March during the next Amiibo wave.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I'm pretty skeptical about another SE rep, but it's definately not impossible. I'm not sure about a double reveal either. Depends on if they want to spread out the announcements for the last three. I imagine we'll see #9 around the end of March during the next Amiibo wave.
Sora's completely owned by Disney, so I see him more as a Disney rep. Ergo, I can still see him in the running, especially if he were to be revealed at E3.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Sephiroth isn't a shill rep, he's one of the most iconic gaming villains in history up there with Bowser and Dr. Eggman.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
With Microsoft already on board I wouldn't be surprised or mind seeing Master Chief join Smash.

Which I would be cool with because if we can get Chief and Crash then it would really feel like (For the most part) that we have the mascots for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.

If we can only get one than I would still go with Crash Bandicoot, But Master Chief would probably my 2nd choice as a big E3 3rd party character reveal.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With Microsoft already on board I wouldn't be surprised to see Master Chief hoin Smash.
Which I would be cool with because if we can get Chief and Crash then it would really feel like (For the most part) that we have the mascots for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.

If we can only get one than I would still go with Crash Bandicoot, But Master Chief would probably my 2nd choice as a big E3 3rd party character reveal.
We might get both of them at E3 honestly. That would be a big way to end the game on.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
It's funny. A dlc character could literally be one of the most well known games ever, and people will say it's a shill pick or a pick for specific group of people. The amount of smash speculators that still believe Steve is a "Zoomer" pick and Banjo is a "Boomer" pick is baffling.

It's as though...Nintendo figured these characters were good choices, and requested the Smash dev put them in? Speculation for this game gets tedious and needlessly combative for no reason most of the time, in some ways, I've been waiting for the dlc to finally finish so people would stop acting like monsters over digital characters in a party game.

Anywho, what would Crash be considered? He has a strange range of time for a 90s mascot, considering his questionable legacy in the 2000s. I wonder what games would even be represented? This got me thinking after Sakurai's comment on copyright holders.

Top Bottom