• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Twinsanity could still get a remake though, maybe even incorporate the planned Evil Coco level too that was scrapped for time?
At this stage, we really don't know. The setup is there, but with fans wanting brand-new Crash games, it'll be a long time before this gets considered, if at all.

If worse comes to worst, they can still repurpose many of its elements and characters in new contexts. On The Run sure does that so far.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
One concern I have about this PvP Crash game rumor is how would it affect the Crash Document Leak? Because in that leak, it doesn't list that PvP Crash game and it does have me just a little bit concerned about the legitimacy of the Document Leak.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One concern I have about this PvP Crash game rumor is how would it affect the Crash Document Leak? Because in that leak, it doesn't list that PvP Crash game and it does have me just a little bit concerned about the legitimacy of the Document Leak.
If we go along the lines of the supposed "suggested DLC characters list" text leak, the document may have been updated over time without us knowing.

It's not like anything is set in stone, plans can get modified.

Also, Activision leaks are like 95% accurate, so...

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
If we go along the lines of the supposed "suggested DLC characters list" text leak, the document may have been updated over time without us knowing.

It's not like anything is set in stone, plans can get modified.

Also, Activision leaks are like 95% accurate, so...
Good point, and this definitely gives me hope for the leak possibly being real. We must wait and see, but I'm still gonna take it with a slight grain of salt.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Remember that Devil May Cry V had a similar leak like the crash document, most of it was accurate and that leak also said Dante was coming to smash. I see no Dante in here and no, Ken doesn't count.

So maybe the "Crash in Smash" is probably tacked in just to gain traction. Maybe the leak was right until Crash on the Run and then we get nothing out of it. Hopefully i'm proven wrong but hey i'm more a realist

MattX20

Smash Hero
The only question is whether or not the document regarding Crash being in Smash actually came to fruition or not. Only time will tell in this instance

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Crash Bandicoot lost his fame during the early 2010s, but luckily, he successfully regained his fame in the late 2010s. If Crash Bandicoot didn't regain his fame, I never would've supported him.
You shouldn't just support characters because they're currently popular (or at least, that seems to be what you're saying going by how you're wording it; I could be wrong). Even without the recent revival, Crash Bandicoot is still a major series with a fairly long history behind it. It's had its ups and downs, but even without the N. Sane Trilogy or Crash 4, the idea of Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash in an official setting is still one that would get people excited.

MattX20

Smash Hero
You shouldn't just support characters because they're currently popular (or at least, that seems to be what you're saying going by how you're wording it; I could be wrong). Even without the recent revival, Crash Bandicoot is still a major series with a fairly long history behind it. It's had its ups and downs, but even without the N. Sane Trilogy or Crash 4, the idea of Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash in an official setting is still one that would get people excited.
Crash's reveal would probably rival Sonic's back in the Brawl days in terms of hype. It would be that big of a deal

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, this in-depth speculation article should be able to shed a little more light onto the PvP situation.

At the latest, I would expect no later than FP10 for Crash to join the fight. I can't see a character as iconic as he is being saved for last
That's my line of thinking as well. I think we'll see him on June, at the latest.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
How likely would you consider a Spyro stage cameo or presence alongside Crash?

D

Deleted member

How likely would you consider a Spyro stage cameo or presence alongside Crash?
At most, I see him just being a hat for Mii Fighters. Listen, I get that the Crash and Spyro franchises are basically brother and sister, but I don't think Spyro really needs to be a stage cameo or anything outside of a Mii hat, or really anything Crash does. I know he has cameos in Crash 4 and he's in Nitro Fueled alongside Hunter and Gnasty Gnorc, but for Smash, whenever I see a Crash spirit board concept with Spyro on it, I just think "Spyro's not a Crash character." The same goes the other way around too. I don't think Crash should be involved with anything Spyro does either. But it isn't like people group Crash characters in anything Spyro related like people like to with grouping Spyro characters with anything Crash related.

That's just how I feel though. To make it clear, I'm not anti-Spyro, I just don't want him to be involved with every single thing Crash does. Nitro Fueled? Okay sure. Having a cameo in a Crash game every once in a while? Okay sure. But literally every time a new Crash project comes up? No. With Smash, I don't mind, but he'd be better suited as a Mii hat than a cameo on Crash's stage or a spirit on Crash's spirit board in my eyes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Assuming Spyro gets anything at all.

:ultbanjokazooie: came with stuff for their series and nothing else from Rare besides, and all Mii hats were unrelated to them. The spirits for Blast Corps and JFG did go unused, so...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alert, alert, On The Run has gotten a big content leak!

I just hope that even with the AU Tawna in the Crash series, the main universe one will return in future games and not be left to the side.
This. I can't shake off the feeling that TFB basically just used the multiverse as an excuse to make "their" version of Tawna. There's no frigging reason to relegate her to cameos and spin-offs anymore (though she should at least have more consistent appearances until the next big entry, I guess).

In the meantime, I hope that Vicarious Visions will eventually get to do a new Crash game again, they've long since proven themselves.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The fact that we're getting a reveal tonight is a pleasant surprise. I have a gut feeling that it could likely be either Crash, Doomguy, or Dante, though maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. (for all I know, it's going to be Jonesy from Fortnite)

EDIT: Thanks to Gold Lannister Gold Lannister for pointing this out:

He could just be messing with people, though. (source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CInsf1LnxLg/)

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Before Crash is possibly revealed tonight, I'll have to say that I'm stuck at the side-scrolling level named Tribal Fortress or whatever in Crash 1.
I hate it!

Top Bottom