• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
What do you think absolutely needs to be a part of Crash's moveset besides the obvious?

I feel he needs to be able to deploy boxes as they're so central to his game, and how he got his name.

I also really want him to have a projectile in the form of the fruit bazooka or simply throwing the fruit like he does in the N. Gin boss fight.

Finally, I really want his spin to reflect projectiles like it does sometimes in his games. Perhaps it couldn't reflect energy projectiles though, as I don't think I've seen it do that. Could be a really interesting mechanic.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ladies and gentlemen, it looks like there's something new to chew on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/crashbandicoot/comments/k31c9c/crash_5_tease_on_rude_awakening/

There was a problem fetching the tweet

A mysterious symbol shows up on Crash's telly if you strike it after collecting everything in the game. Could this have something to do with the Crash PvP game that TheGamingRevolution brought up months ago?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Ladies and gentlemen, it looks like there's something new to chew on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/crashbandicoot/comments/k31c9c/crash_5_tease_on_rude_awakening/

There was a problem fetching the tweet

A mysterious symbol shows up on Crash's telly if you strike it after collecting everything in the game. Could this have something to do with the Crash PvP game that TheGamingRevolution brought up months ago?
Is it just me, or does that look like the Firefox logo?

Faso115

Smash Lord
Wasn't there a rumored PVP game in the works? Was that in the supposerd activision roadmap leak as well?

In any case, there has been a crash announcement in 2018's VGAs maybe they can announce that game there on the 10th

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wasn't there a rumored PVP game in the works? Was that in the supposerd activision roadmap leak as well?

In any case, there has been a crash announcement in 2018's VGAs maybe they can announce that game there on the 10th
So far it wasn't mentioned in the roadmap to my knowledge, the only thing we know about 2021 so far that's covered on that is "Crash is announced for Smash Ultimate". We'll have to wait and see.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Well, he could reflect Cortex's laser beams at the start of Twinsanity, so beams should be fair game.
Yea, but that game didn't happen remember? :p

I think it'd be cool if his spin could reflect everything, but I suppose I was trying to balance it. It might be a bit much to have a reflect that has an active hit-box the whole time it's out. I think I want him to have it anyway though. Lol

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Yea, but that game didn't happen remember? :p

I think it'd be cool if his spin could reflect everything, but I suppose I was trying to balance it. It might be a bit much to have a reflect that has an active hit-box the whole time it's out. I think I want him to have it anyway though. Lol
To be fair, pretty much the only characters I can think of that still have physical or energy only projectile stopping attacks are Ness and Lucas. Even G&W can reflect physical objects with a regular oil bucket.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
To be fair, pretty much the only characters I can think of that still have physical or energy only projectile stopping attacks are Ness and Lucas. Even G&W can reflect physical objects with a regular oil bucket.
Yes, but Crash's spin would be an attack as well as a reflect. Seems like a really strong option. I suppose Mewtwo is the only one that has something similar? I'm not sure how long the hitbox lasts though. It could probably work regardless.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Yes, but Crash's spin would be an attack as well as a reflect. Seems like a really strong option. I suppose Mewtwo is the only one that has something similar? I'm not sure how long the hitbox lasts though. It could probably work regardless.
Well, R.O.B has exactly what it sounds like Crash's spin should have. Sort of. Really, unless he also has a decent recovery like R.O.B., it should not be too powerful.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Picked up both "Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled" and "Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy" and got a steal at Target on Cyber Monday ($16.99) each.

Was surprised to not see "Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy" on sale seeing how last year it was $15-20 during Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

I already owned and beat N.Sane Trilogy 100% a couple years ago when I had a Playstation 4, But now that I only have a Switch, I've been kind of itching to play it again, Especially if I can get it cheap, Hopefully soon.

CTR: Nitro Fueled I have played at times with my brother-in-law on his Switch and while I love Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I already kind of had my fill of it.

Spyro Trilogy I have played at times at friend's houses growing up on the original Playstation, But never beat any of them, So at that price, I mean why not right?

"Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time" was teasing me the entire time as it was on sale for ($39.99).

I'm almost caught up with my backlog, But should be tackling both these games sometime early next year.

Last edited:

InsaneStar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Johan7
3DS FC
2492-4240-2632
What do you think absolutely needs to be a part of Crash's moveset besides the obvious?

I feel he needs to be able to deploy boxes as they're so central to his game, and how he got his name.

I also really want him to have a projectile in the form of the fruit bazooka or simply throwing the fruit like he does in the N. Gin boss fight.

Finally, I really want his spin to reflect projectiles like it does sometimes in his games. Perhaps it couldn't reflect energy projectiles though, as I don't think I've seen it do that. Could be a really interesting mechanic.
More like absorb. In Crash 2, those machines that make Crash shrink in the Cortex space levels. You can spin the energy ball to absorb it (both original and N. Sane) And in Crash 3, those Wizard Assistants in the Medieval levels, you can absorb those magic balls with the spin as well. However, in the Titan games. Crash can reflect the energy projectiles such as Stench's stink bombs or Eel-lectric's electric blasts.

The best way to make Crash unique is, I'm thinking that Crash's moveset should have a mix of classic (Crash 1, 2, 3) and modern (WOC, TS, TN, MOM). Sure, most may not like the later games, but has more originality for more options so Crash won't have too many generic moves like Sonic. So, there you go.

I have no idea what to add in the mix of Crash 4, cause I didn't played and don't have a PS4.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
More like absorb. In Crash 2, those machines that make Crash shrink in the Cortex space levels. You can spin the energy ball to absorb it (both original and N. Sane) And in Crash 3, those Wizard Assistants in the Medieval levels, you can absorb those magic balls with the spin as well. However, in the Titan games. Crash can reflect the energy projectiles such as Stench's stink bombs or Eel-lectric's electric blasts.

The best way to make Crash unique is, I'm thinking that Crash's moveset should have a mix of classic (Crash 1, 2, 3) and modern (WOC, TS, TN, MOM). Sure, most may not like the later games, but has more originality for more options so Crash won't have too many generic moves like Sonic. So, there you go.

I have no idea what to add in the mix of Crash 4, cause I didn't played and don't have a PS4.
Heavy agree with the mix between both incarnations for Crash. The mutant games have plenty of things to pull for normal attacks, like that jab-jab-sloppy roundhouse, or that field goal-like kick. I think Skylanders is a good pick for some as well, like some yoyo tricks or a flip kick. Ideally, there's enough to work with that the Smash team wouldn't have to delve into original moves too much. Like, the only portion of his moveset that I think would require a little more effort is his grabs, but even then, he'll likely just have stuff similar to Mario or Sonic in terms of throws.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Picked up both "Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled" and "Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy" and got a steal at Target on Cyber Monday ($16.99) each.

Was surprised to not see "Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy" on sale seeing how last year it was $15-20 during Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

I already owned and beat N.Sane Trilogy 100% a couple years ago when I had a Playstation 4, But now that I only have a Switch, I've been kind of itching to play it again, Especially if I can get it cheap, Hopefully soon.

CTR: Nitro Fueled I have played at times with my brother-in-law on his Switch and while I love Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I already kind of had my fill of it.

Spyro Trilogy I have played at times at friend's houses growing up on the original Playstation, But never beat any of them, So at that price, I mean why not right?

"Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time" was teasing me the entire time as it was on sale for ($39.99).

I'm almost caught up with my backlog, But should be tackling both these games sometime early next year.
Just keep in mind, there's currently no way I know of of acquiring the GP-exclusive decals for the Champion kart, plus the codes for the Electron suits expire at the end of the year. Other than that, you should be good.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Just keep in mind, there's currently no way I know of of acquiring the GP-exclusive decals for the Champion kart, plus the codes for the Electron suits expire at the end of the year. Other than that, you should be good.
I think I'm good, I don't really care about skins, suits or crazy customizations that much anyways, I like to play my characters original and plain most of the time.

I just want to beat "Story Mode" and play online multiplayer.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I assumed that was the case, though I think I saw in some reviews that there's the option to turn the lives system off, which would get rid of a lot of the parts that frustrated me about Crash 1 and 2. (maybe I need to go back and grind for extra lives in those games)
Remember needing to get to a bonus level to save?

Or Crash's nose bouncing?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Remember needing to get to a bonus level to save?

Or Crash's nose bouncing?
I've only played the Crash Bandicoot games through the N. Sane Trilogy, so no, not really. (I didn't have any PlayStation consoles until fairly recently)

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
About the Crash PvP rumor, do you think it could be a Crash Bash remake? I think its possible considering its the last PS1 game to get remade, and I think we are in need of a Crash party game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
About the Crash PvP rumor, do you think it could be a Crash Bash remake? I think its possible considering its the last PS1 game to get remade, and I think we are in need of a Crash party game.
I would think it's a party game of some sort, since Acti implied that they weren't interested in further Crash remakes at the moment.

Besides, to actually remake it, it would demand monumental effort on Beenox's part since the mini-game variety wasn't too impressive.

Also, the "Wumpa League" as a name never existed in Crash Bash, so...

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I would think it's a party game of some sort, since Acti implied that they weren't interested in further Crash remakes at the moment.

Besides, to actually remake it, it would demand monumental effort on Beenox's part since the mini-game variety wasn't too impressive.
That's fair, although if I can recall, I'm sure the same guy who said that a PvP Crash game was coming also said that they are planning on remaking Wrath Of Cortex, so I think its possible they could have changed their minds.

Either way, I think its possible we could hear something about this at TGA.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's fair, although if I can recall, I'm sure the same guy who said that a PvP Crash game was coming also said that they are planning on remaking Wrath Of Cortex, so I think its possible they could have changed their minds.

After he was previously said to have been mistaken about a WoC remake? That's news to me.

I do hope that the Awards clear everything up, at least.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
After he was previously said to have been mistaken about a WoC remake? That's news to me.

I do hope that the Awards clear everything up, at least.
This is actually news to me. I wasn't aware that he was mistaken about WoC, as I just saw it on an article that is probably outdated. If that's the case then I guess it could hurt the chances of this PvP Crash game being a Crash Bash remake.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace

Its highly likely that leaker’s sources told hin “there is a Crash 4 coming in 2020” and he thought that was a WoC remaster/remake. Just a simple mistake

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Personally, if there's a Crash game that would benefit from a remake, I think Wrath of Cortex is the one. It tried way too hard to be Warped, and way too little to have it's own identity outside of vehicle levels. Like, there are almost more vehicle levels than actual platforming ones. Not to mention, the botched job of utilizing previous Crash antagonists as literal stage hazards, or rehashing Crunch 4 times as the boss instead of him filling a role like N. Tropy or N. Brio, being the second to last boss.

And then there's the technical gameplay stuff that would take too much to type (no significant new powerups besides a limp tiptoe move when N-Tranced on the GBA had 2 unique powerups is one I'll mention).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's kind of late for a WoC remake now, as 4's (complete) ending makes it nigh-impossible for it to happen next chronologically without some drastic changes.

WoC's events would have to get a complete rewrite to the point that it effectively wouldn't be the same game anymore. Literally the only main things exclusive to it that would remain are Crunch and the Elementals.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Twinsanity could still get a remake though, maybe even incorporate the planned Evil Coco level too that was scrapped for time?

Top Bottom