• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
4.3e can still be hacked lol.
Google hackmii 4.3e letterbomb.

Brawl- is really funny but triforce tier is really overoverpowered.

This is something different. Toomai had started a project about showing hitspheres in an interesting way and seems to have released the ability for others to do the same with a modified version of brawlbox.

Still in the early stages of being user friendly it seems, but its gives rather nice information about Falco's moves. Like since each move is actually made up of many hitspheres it tells the property of each one.

Like for example, Dtilt and Dair each have 40% chance of tripping (couldn't find the proper hitsphere for the reflector to see for sure). Or Falco's Uair actually has a transcendent priority hitsphere at his waist area. I still do not understand the knockback notation that is used, but I'm pretty sure that this same hitsphere is the one that causes the dinky knockback. And since it is at his waist, I wonder if you could use SH Uair as a cross over on taller characters like DDD, Marth, and Snake to abuse that particular part of the move.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308016
^I already compiled that over the summer. Got a bit lazy at finishing up the end of it, but it includes most of the relevant stuff.

Although, it is only the most basic of the frame data available. It doesn't really show how Falco's Fsmash has two different hitbubbles that come out at different times or other stuff.

Unless someone gets to it first, which I hope they do not from the SmashLab, I'll try making that nifty hitbubble threads that Toomai was doing, but for Falco.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I basically want to know what can beat what from a theorycraft point of view so that I can see if it is feasible to do in matches. Learning frame data has helped me figure out what does and doesn't work for other characters and it's something I want here.

Oh, yea. Lots of ambiguity about how moves work and stuff goes away when you look at the properties each move has. I recall times when people wondered if Ftilt or Dtilt has more range. When I compared these two earlier, they pretty much have the same radius (therefore length) of hitbubbles. But since falco leans into his Ftilt, it actually reaches further from a neutral position than Dtilt does.

http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g448/xeylode/
^Here's some of Falco's various moves I could match-up with the hurtboxes.

Anything with a dotted line indicates a move with transcendent priority. A move with the star shape in the center indicates a move with 361 degree knockback angle. Any other knockback angle is indicated by the line form the center of the circle.

Taunt says, "Hands off my Prey". Alter prey with bread, "Hands off my Bread", and you have instant meme for years to come.

Also, Shine has a 40% trip rate. Maybe that was confirmed a long time ago, but lol

ryulord_678

Smash Cadet
Taunt says, "Hands off my Prey". Alter prey with bread, "Hands off my Bread", and you have instant meme for years to come.

Also, Shine has a 40% trip rate. Maybe that was confirmed a long time ago, but lol
Haha, I get it. I guess that's funny.

And is the trip rate like a weighted RNG? That sounds awful if yes.

-rl

Best character board meme was steak, but sonic boards died a long time ago.
I never understood where the steak came from.
And is the trip rate like a weighted RNG? That sounds awful if yes.
I'm not sure the specific mechanic used for tripping in brawl. Moves like Dtilt and Dair can trip, but you only ever see it trip at low percents. Shine on the other hand can trip into about 100% on most characters. It depends upon knockback and percentage when it can trip or not. So, if it does run on a certain RNG, then it works only within a certain range of percentages.

Empirically, 4 times out of 10 you should see a trip from those moves when they are in the tripping range of a character. 40% is high, but not high enough to rely on sadly.

ryulord_678

Smash Cadet
Empirically, 4 times out of 10 you should see a trip from those moves when they are in the tripping range of a character. 40% is high, but not high enough to rely on sadly.
What japanese guy was sitting at his desk, working through falco frame data, when he decided that shine would cause 40% tripping...

-rl

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
The very tip of the shine hitbox is a 100% trip rate I believe... at least thats what I heard here a while back and seems to be consistent when i tried it.

Yeah, making GIFs sucks.

Is anyone here very artsy? I've always liked art, but anytime it came to come up with something, I never knew where to start. When I did have an idea, my end result deviated quite a lot from the original idea because it never looked right unless I made the modifications.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g448/xeylode/
^Here's some of Falco's various moves I could match-up with the hurtboxes.

Anything with a dotted line indicates a move with transcendent priority. A move with the star shape in the center indicates a move with 361 degree knockback angle. Any other knockback angle is indicated by the line form the center of the circle.
Thank you for doing this I been waiting for someone to do this for a very long time.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
All the Florida Falcos takin a pic on Saturday.

HYPE ;)

Drew, Tommy G, Xaltis, DJ Jack, Viper
<3

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Someone hold a hat out in midair and pretend it's me. I wanted to be there this weekend, but no one else from my area was going and I've got to travel the next two weekends anyway.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Mink...do it, you won't.

Ryker...if I remember I will. <3

Xeylode...that's fuxking epic.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
dude.

I will.

I'll be in the background makin' my mink face.

[collapse=Swag In Action]

[/collapse]

There's too much swag in this post.

It's how i get all the *****es.

Top Bottom