• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Well I mean, I actually practice with the character lol. It's not like you can just pick up Snake and automatically win vs the Climbers. You have to be proficient in grenade usage and camping. Otherwise, you'll get wrecked.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I believe nowadays you have to be amazing with Snake to take out the Climbers. It's different than a few years ago.

I am going to start going ICs vs ICs in-tournament, but since I'm actually good with them my situation differs from most Falcos.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
You don't have to be "amazing" persay, but you definitely have to be good with the character.

Btw, all Falcos should pick up Ice Climbers as a secondary. Just sayin'

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
You don't have to be "amazing" persay, but you definitely have to be good with the character.

Btw, all Falcos should pick up Ice Climbers as a secondary. Just sayin'
I see way too many generic Falcos. We don't need any more generic/crappy Ice Climbers to go with the Falcos lol.
It's my combination and I don't want it going mainstream anyways.

BTW, if I go to my friend's homecoming dance (which is a strong possibility) I won't be able to make it to Triple B.

Generic Falcos lol You'll have to explain that one.

Every character and player rips off of each other. One day, I see some videos of Rain running off the stage and using double lasers to get back on. I never thought of using that myself, nor did I ever see any other falco I played against using it. Since then I started applying it. From there, I thought of getting back on the stage when hanging on the ledge with 2nd jump double lasers. Oddly enough it worked in certain situations, and I don't see many other falco's use it, but I bet others do.

I just wish there was a better way at desynching the ICs. Keep them apart and it's easier certainly.

Xeyload can I spend the night at your house?
Too random. Needs ulterior motive.
Bloodcross was doing the run off lasers like a year before everyone saw rain doing it.
Bloodcross and Sethlon did a lot of things that were already being done in melee. We all just sucked a little lol
I only recall rain because it wasn't like a one time thing that happened in a video, it happened many, many times and he stuck with it.

Also, when did sethlon finally drop out? Like early '09 I think? Odd how everything in 3 years blends together.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Um, so yeah I saw a post up there about IC's being hard.

No they ain't. You just need to practice the match up. I know it sounds dumb but just tell yourself "I don't want to get grabbed + running away > hitting them." and sooner or later you'll get good at running away and learn how to move safely around the Ice Climbers.

Sheik is annoying though, if you watch my set vs Dabuz you'll see me almost lose for being cocky, but even then he made like a total of like 5 reads and somehow the match was tied.
Don't be dumb. Player skill can overcome the gap, but it's still a horrendous match-up. It's got simple theory behind it, but it's still a 65-35 match-up.

A lot of that theory takes into account how consistently people can do things. DDD has a standing CG on snake that would obviously put the match-up favor entirely into his favor more than it is now. However, asking someone to do that complicated as hell input without dropping it for 3 stocks a match and at least 2 matches in a set, and probably multiple times in a tournament, and into the percent where it would kill Snake is quite unbelievable. So people simply ignore it.

I think the ICs are quite bearable if you could find a reliable way to keep them apart and separate them easily each time. Nana will run past you when charging a fsmash the wrong way simply to get to popo. That AI can be abused.

Now that I think about it. That's the major reason Snake has so many even match-ups. He takes lots of damage and only needs a few hits to end your stock, so people think this evens out.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I can't see it. Falco has the tools to win, but in order to call it a close match-up, you have to consider Falco playing flawlessly while considering the IC making multiple mistakes.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Oh... now that I think about it, I was going to consider all the little gimmicks Falco has, specifically platform tricks and phantasm. I tend to do that a lot on match ups. (I don't think that's the right thing to do though, so I don't know what to tell you about what I say and think. Take it as you want.)

I just feel like everyone over centralizes the match up on how phantasm gets used and punished and how limited/risky Falco's jab game is. Falco probably has on of the best tools for separating them and unless you're getting combo'd into a grab the only way you should get grabbed is if you mess up or get read.

F that drew. We want ICs discussion now lol
Also, gangster boo for the win.

What do people think of going for grabs with falco instead of his physical moveset which get stopped by shield. I know rolls and spotdodges make it risky, but it does stop them from getting shield grabbed. Plus, three of his throws come out rather quickly or are disruptive due to the dead weight knockback (you grab one and throw towards the other).

At the very least it would work against a particular style of playing the ICs, such as the Lain approach. Shield Dash and grab.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
F that drew. We want ICs discussion now lol
Also, gangster boo for the win.

What do people think of going for grabs with falco instead of his physical moveset which get stopped by shield. I know rolls and spotdodges make it risky, but it does stop them from getting shield grabbed. Plus, three of his throws come out rather quickly or are disruptive due to the dead weight knockback (you grab one and throw towards the other).

At the very least it would work against a particular style of playing the ICs, such as the Lain approach. Shield Dash and grab.
That's kinda why I like the MU. As a mix up, walk up grab could work. It's a mix up though, gets countered by bullpoop shenanagins and spot dodge.

Edit: Broken Social Scene is an amazing band.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Grabs aren't bad. You just have to throw them instantly and if you do it too much, they start reacting to it and you start eating F/D/Usmashes

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Also, shielding feels dumb. Like anytime you feel you should shield, you should roll away/run away/jump away instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uev2J_cBHjQ
The band seems okay.
I'm an indie kid, so I hate you for saying okay. They're amazing.

This song is easy to like.

and this one.
and this one.

Dubstep -> I've been ****ing over this since last winter. Someone needs to hack this into their wii for me. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1j2AdGIyJI"]This.
[/URL]

Top Bottom