• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

wangston

Smash Lord
So anything new on the falco meta game that has happened for two years? Just got back from brazil after two years. Not played smash during the whole time.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Everyone that thinks I'm cool enough to be mod say "Legendary."

Wangston (who btw is an OG Falco boarder) the game is very different. Look up some vids to see how different our character has become.

Some names of top Falco's: DEHF, Sk92, Shugo, Bleachigo, Pelca, Arty, Choice, and DJjack.

Welcome back :)

:phone:

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord

Wangston (who btw is an OG Falco boarder) the game is very different. Look up some vids to see how different our character has become.

Some names of top Falco's: DEHF, Sk92, Shugo, Bleachigo, Pelca, Arty, Choice, and DJjack.

You forgot Ally :)

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion

Who the **** is DJ Jack?

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Legendary!!

Also I'm a top Falco as of now. Come at me bros.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
wait what? LOL

Man, I don't know what my next out of state tournament should be. I might go to the gold mine 4 up in North Carolina in November. It'll be good Apex practice and should be fun...

First tournament was ok. For time, we did 2 stock 6 minute pools. Top 4 make it out of pools. I tied with someone else in pools, but since I beat them head to head I made it out of pools. Lost to Arty first round with no restriction falco dittos. (really need to get that SDI of the CG down). Then lost to DLA in loser finals. Falco vs Pikachu is really... Anyway, went snake vs his sheik and might have pulled out a victory. In the end it was a loss.

Other than that, placed 13th out of 22. Got a lots of other matches in and still have no idea how one should face ICs. Grab lots I suppose. Got wrecked for trying to attack a shield dash.

Mixed emotions about it. Not satisfied at all with how I did, but still enjoyed it immensely. The tourney really made it apparent how doing solo Falco can get extremely gayed if you aren't extremely good. Ah, well. Feel all the more committed now to solo Falco instead of the Snake stuff I've been doing for so long.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
**** you Soldie you aint gettin' ****. :samljackson:

Also lol Ryker I remember about you sometimes but you're never on AIM, so I'm guilt free. :3
Yeah, I should get on that.

Man this board is turrible when it comes to the politics of getting modded.
Bleachigo campaigning reaaaaaaaal hard, but doesn't have my vote. In fact, I vote for not him.

Yes, I have a vote. No, it's not a democracy.

Mixed emotions about it. Not satisfied at all with how I did, but still enjoyed it immensely. The tourney really made it apparent how doing solo Falco can get extremely gayed if you aren't extremely good. Ah, well. Feel all the more committed now to solo Falco instead of the Snake stuff I've been doing for so long.
It's can, really easy. I've played Billy multiple times in tournament and the Sheik match-up is stupid. I've played Pikachu's multiple time. It's stupid. I've played SOOOOOOOO many ICs. It's hella stupid. It's not like there isn't something stupid on every character though. Imagine playing as Bowser and having to deal with Falco or Tink.

What is the best way out of the ftilt lock? At first I tried experimenting with DI down. That worked it seemed when the ftilt was not properly decayed. However, once it got decayed I managed to jump out a few times.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
DI down if you're at 0-4% and perfect shield it. You've got maaaaaaybe two hits to try that. After that DI above Sheik's head and it's make it harder for him to juggle ala Melee chain grabs. It also means that you'll be out at the earliest available opportunity, but you'll still eat Sheik's follow-up of choice.

You don't get out after about 10% unless Sheik ****s up, I believe.

People should add me on skype so I can bother you guys.

cpt_ryker
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/William_T._Riker

DI down if you're at 0-4% and perfect shield it. You've got maaaaaaybe two hits to try that. After that DI above Sheik's head and it's make it harder for him to juggle ala Melee chain grabs. It also means that you'll be out at the earliest available opportunity, but you'll still eat Sheik's follow-up of choice.

You don't get out after about 10% unless Sheik ****s up, I believe.
Now, does automatic smash DI work enough between the hits to DI up, or does only smash DI work? I had issues with trying to get the smash DI properly on each hit. I'm hoping applying ASDI with the control stick to make sure I get a little bit of DI on every hit, then SDI with the control stick on the other hits is a better method instead of getting lucky with mashing taps.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Didn't know until long afterward.

Now, does automatic smash DI work enough between the hits to DI up, or does only smash DI work? I had issues with trying to get the smash DI properly on each hit. I'm hoping applying ASDI with the control stick to make sure I get a little bit of DI on every hit, then SDI with the control stick on the other hits is a better method instead of getting lucky with mashing taps.
Hell if I know. I'm good at Smash DI and I know it works.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Um, so yeah I saw a post up there about IC's being hard.

No they ain't. You just need to practice the match up. I know it sounds dumb but just tell yourself "I don't want to get grabbed + running away > hitting them." and sooner or later you'll get good at running away and learn how to move safely around the Ice Climbers.

Sheik is annoying though, if you watch my set vs Dabuz you'll see me almost lose for being cocky, but even then he made like a total of like 5 reads and somehow the match was tied.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
It's not that easy. I tried it and got wrecked. If you are not competant and nimble with Snake you won't get far with him, especially versus Ice Climbers.

Top Bottom