• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Chomp The Fourth

Smash Rookie
YO MAN!

WTF IS UP WITH THIS ****?!

You gotta understand man, Hockey is the ****.

The malls are diesal, the girls are banging, the night life is hustling.

This place is awesome.

THEN YOU GOT THE MAPLE SYRUP!

LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!!

(sponsored by Red Bull)

Patooty

Smash Ace
Ryan i would really like it if you stayed off my account, i recall you doing this in the past and it is a nice easy request. please just leave it alone. =)
lol, if you keep falsely accusing him then he _will be_ learning how to get into your account just to live up to the accusations :)

Please do some research before you blindly point fingers.

Metà

Smash Master
i coul say the same to you sir....
O RLY? Ask any member who frequents the boards I post in (on SWF) and ask them what they think of my posting ability. If nothing else at least I proofread my posts. Also, when have you ever contributed anything meaningful to any discussion? I don't think I've seen it. >_>

Also, sorry if I come off sounding like a douche. I've been having kind of a sh*tty week and needed to vent some anger. >_<

I'd also tell you not to take what I said personally, but that's kind of hard. LOL

AIDS

Smash Lord
O RLY? Ask any member who frequents the boards I post in (on SWF) and ask them what they think of my posting ability. If nothing else at least I proofread my posts. Also, when have you ever contributed anything meaningful to any discussion? I don't think I've seen it. >_>

Also, sorry if I come off sounding like a douche. I've been having kind of a sh*tty week and needed to vent some anger. >_<

I'd also tell you not to take what I said personally, but that's kind of hard. LOL
if you really want to see where my usefull post are look undr Character Specific in the melee section, also i have yet to see your post that are meaningful, but the post you just made does not really justify your point.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Well Evan, the only issue with you is you seem to gloss over requests. Like the time Tiep asked for pages about Lylat Cruise and Pokemon Stadium. Or like the time I asked about you uploading the SFU #6 results to allisbrawl!

piegopher

Smash Rookie
Wooaah, why's everyone suddenly snapping at eachother? Relax! Take it eeaaaaasy.

By the way- Has anyone noticed a change in brawl's online lag recently? It seems to have improved quite a lot- Nintendo's excuse was always that traffic was way higher than expected and that the problem would eventually solve itself (i.e. people would stop using it so much), and although it's kind of a shifty response, maybe it's a little bit true? I played a random 4 player match that only had input lag! :O Also I got an opponent in a random match within a minute of trying to connect! :O :O these are things I've never done before... it can't be coincidence, can it?

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
I dont think ive seen a post of keiths that didnt have a typo or a blatant spelling error XD granted im the same way I am the same way I just type and hit Go XD, Ps l2 not get hacked keith.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Wooaah, why's everyone suddenly snapping at eachother? Relax! Take it eeaaaaasy.

By the way- Has anyone noticed a change in brawl's online lag recently? It seems to have improved quite a lot- Nintendo's excuse was always that traffic was way higher than expected and that the problem would eventually solve itself (i.e. people would stop using it so much), and although it's kind of a shifty response, maybe it's a little bit true? I played a random 4 player match that only had input lag! :O Also I got an opponent in a random match within a minute of trying to connect! :O :O these are things I've never done before... it can't be coincidence, can it?
Nintendo's excuse was always that traffic was way higher than expected and that the problem would eventually solve itself (i.e. people would stop using it so much), and although it's kind of a shifty response, maybe it's a little bit true? I played a random 4 player match that only had input lag! :O
4 player match that only had input lag!
input lag!
input lag!
im a douche

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
What can I put into the tripplanning.translink page as the "go to address" for the Applied Sciences building?

piegopher

Smash Rookie
im a douche
I said the lag was better, not that online play wasn't *** :) But at the moment it's all I've got because I have nobody to play with! I'm so bad at brawl now it's embarassing. Now I'm going to go cut myself and write in my livejournal about how nobody understands how deep I am.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
ya , wifi blows but its fun to play good people you normaly couldnt like yesterday i got to play dark rain! XD that was pretty tight, hes got a pretty good dk ps dk scares me on wifi his smashes are scarily faster then you think they are... and with lag XD omg there unbeatable o-0

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
Honestly, Brawl's Wi-Fi sucks.

When I played Mario Kart Wii with 11 people all from Japan, I experienced NO lag.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Honestly, Brawl's Wi-Fi sucks.

When I played Mario Kart Wii with 11 people all from Japan, I experienced NO lag.
Yep, YOU personally experienced no lag. There was lag, but because of how Mario Kart plays, Nintendo was able to hide the lag better. They could've done this with Brawl as well, but then you have syncing issues and a bunch of other weird networking crap when playing someone online. Players would no longer be complaining about the lag, but rather "WTF, my charge blast went right through him! Wi-Fi is gay for Brawl!"

And the same is true about Mario Kart. In a situation where there's a lot of lag (this is all in the background mind you, YOU are not experiencing it), you will have **** happen like a green shell will go through a player. But in Mario Kart usually it'll just be like "oh.. I missed".

For Brawl, I prefer there to be user-experienced lag over players not being where they're supposed to be. Not that I really play it much at all anymore.. especially online. I just think they made the right decision on that.

Oh yeah, I agree that Nintendo's online system sucks too. But the way I see it, the programmers were given a sh*tty system to work with and came out with something workable.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Brawl lag sucks but it's all I have aside from the few people I've been working with in K-town. You know, the Brawl seen sure has improved in my area. There used to be me and 2 others, now there's about 4 people in the area that can actually challenge me with the right match ups. It's pretty cool, after having a new game to start from scratch and online to keep them up to par somewhat, I actually have someone to play. I like online, it's not even close to RL but it's something and it's a LOT better than nothing. I wouldn't have had a chance to play Eric or Rampage or any of the players from Kamloops and Victoria and across the US without it and that's pretty cool in itself. Also, MKWii should be pretty lagless, like a split second to turn a corner will make a difference haha. o.O

I vote me for first Random mainer to do well in any tourney eviroment dating back to smash 64!

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
I main Random :/

Probably not as well as _YOU_.

But I still main Random.

Lucas and Lucario as seconds.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
i would be a random main... but i aboslutly hate playing as link and a few others 2-4 other characters XD , so i just pick different characters everygame
or random and hope i dont get link or pit

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I main Random only and have "vices" because it's always a good thing to have that certain concrete play with a select few. For the most part Random allows me to have vices in certain match ups as well so counter picking is like auto win quite often lol.

And Lucas is my worst. :\ The momentum shifting aerials and range vs speed on his attacks along with his sloppy precision as the most effective style makes him one of the tougher characters to adapt to INSTANTLY at the beginning of a match after playing as many other characters. But he has his moments, especially if I get a chance to use him more than once in one sitting. So he's the character I hope I don't get. lol

Other than him, my Kirby used to be weak because I tried abandoning my wicked melee Kirby mindset to test the Brawl style. (I noticed my Kirby was bad when my Kirby was the first Random character that lost to Eric) But since then, I've fused my Brawl Kirby style with my melee Kirby style and it has worked wonders. >;^]

Also, Random dittos freakin rule.
Expect some sick Random action from me at SFU 7 :laugh:

unityole

Smash Lord
Best.Smashfest.Ever
pizza + free tourney ftw
Thanks to jack for hosting it.

no problemo
Singles pool :
- Matt 10 wins 2 losses
- Adam 9 wins 3 losses
- Evan 8 wins 4 losses
- Nate 7 wins
- Oliver 6 wins
- and many MANY other players, at least 5 more..

- UNITYOLE ONE WIN 11 LOSSES

first time entered melee pool, everyone SEEMS to me that they are playing their hardest..
NO SAND BAGS NO JOHNS

top 4 enters Melee elimination bracket: Matt, Adam, Evan and Nate

1st round
Matt vs Nathan - Winner: Matt
Adam vs Evan - Winner: Adam

Winners final
Matt vs Adam - Winner: Matt

Losers final
Adam vs Evan - Winner: Adam

Finals best of 7
Matt take the set 4-3

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Yes we should Camerican. You've said so before and have sent me your FC only to be added by me and to never respond to Brawl me by adding mine. Maybe add me and I'll add yours again? ;]

Nice work Jack, hopefully things turn out better for you in Brawl at the next one lol

More like, you're not as good a random player as ME! :laugh: What's this? Ness? Samus? Ice Climbers? Young Link? In a tournament match?!

****?

Yes. Very yes
Yoshi? Pichu? Jiggs? ICs? G&W? DK? Link? Falco? Zelda AND Sheik? Bowser? Falcon? Ganon? YLink? Samus? Fox? Mewtwo? Pikachu? Luigi? Marth? Peach? Doc? Kirby? Ness? Mario? All at an equally high level of play and all in the same tourney?

You are deffinitaly a better smasher than me over all (in melee anyway) but my thing will always be giving anyone a tough match with EVERYONE
:laugh: BUT NOT ROY! I'm **** with Roy lol

Metà

Smash Master
Yes we should Camerican. You've said so before and have sent me your FC only to be added by me and to never respond to Brawl me by adding mine. Maybe add me and I'll add yours again? ;]

Nice work Jack, hopefully things turn out better for you in Brawl at the next one lol

Yoshi? Pichu? Jiggs? ICs? G&W? DK? Link? Falco? Zelda AND Sheik? Bowser? Falcon? Ganon? YLink? Samus? Fox? Mewtwo? Pikachu? Luigi? Marth? Peach? Doc? Kirby? Ness? Mario? All at an equally high level of play and all in the same tourney?

You are deffinitaly a better smasher than me over all (in melee anyway) but my thing will always be giving anyone a tough match with EVERYONE
:laugh: BUT NOT ROY! I'm **** with Roy lol
Thing is, that was a small, 7-man tournament that I used those characters in. You can ask my crew--I'm pretty good with every character. I've won tournament matches (for money) with about half the cast of Melee (not against extremely skilled smashers, but winning with Ness or Kirby is never easy >_>).

We should have a 26-character iron man money match. XD

Top Bottom