• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Unit, I know you switched it for me, thank you. ^_^
I'll do my best to not let you down. Also, I believe it was Eric who first said it but someone else has too. And there is a Kamloops player coming (or so I've heard) so it'll be a good mix. As long as me and Daltsy get there anyway :O

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
My band just performed a piece called Shackleford Banks.

And plus why use classic controller when you can play with an orange?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
riiiight, who's evan? The guy from Kamloops said he was going to a tourney on the 31st hosted by Evan and I'm asuming it's the same one as Jack. I thnk I got that right.

And my last name is Ross o.O

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
You and Sherm were together when I got introduced to you two so I mixed you two up stop being mean :(

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC!
Apparently we share birthdays :D

ATM SPIDERTAO

Smash Rookie
hi i am an ultra noob but me and my two friends who just picked up brawl wanna play in a tournament! i went to some huge SFU tournament for melee back last summer and haven't played much since but i think brawl is simpler and scrub friendlier so i wanna see how well i can do! is there a tournament thread with more info or local tournaments? or should i keep updating myself by reading this page?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Happy late BDay Eric and Firestorm lol

And I had no idea that SFU 7 wasn't melee too. That's a bummer. Oh well. Maybe I'll have to bring Daltsy there on June 7th too then ;)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
hm... that Oregon tourney wont work for me unless I fly there and back that day. And Dieslow is (so I hear) ****. I look forward to in person dieslow matches/****.

**** @ May 31 BRAWL TOURNEY @ SFU!!

ATM SPIDERTAO

Smash Rookie
haha thanks guys! also, i like how when i clicked the tournament thread link, i see i am confirmed?!?! hahaha i just wanted info on the tournament, i have no idea if i can get the day of work etc. but hopefully i can go and get my confidence crushed by you pros!

furthermore, i'm wondering if any of you guys know about the vancouver film school? i was looking at brawl vids online and there were a bunch from a tournament IN BC from the vancouver film school. are these guys good? smashboards members? or just some random college threw a random tournament? cuz i know UBC has frequent smash tourney/get togethers but i don't think they're any good! cuz they suck at capcom fighters lol

Metà

Smash Master
So, who is coming to Jack's SFU smashfest on the 17th? We'd like to keep it sort of small (below 16 people probably), but I'd just like to know approximately how many people to expect.

Also, please money match me, everyone! This is probably going to be my last smash event in BC before September or at least late August. :( I'll be sure to kick some a.ss in Minnesota and possibly Europe though. XD

unityole

Smash Lord
So, who is coming to Jack's SFU smashfest on the 17th? We'd like to keep it sort of small (below 16 people probably), but I'd just like to know approximately how many people to expect.

Also, please money match me, everyone! This is probably going to be my last smash event in BC before September or at least late August. :( I'll be sure to kick some a.ss in Minnesota and possibly Europe though. XD

no ones gonna come xD its gonna be tiny as ****. =D

piegopher

Smash Rookie

I want to play any kind of smesh I can! What are the details of this smashfest? i.e. I dunno what that word means... is it pay-to-play? Tournament or just casual matches? What time is it? And I assume you have items on high, so do you disable the hammer or not?

OMGLOLJK ITEMS XDDDD

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
haha thanks guys! also, i like how when i clicked the tournament thread link, i see i am confirmed?!?! hahaha i just wanted info on the tournament, i have no idea if i can get the day of work etc. but hopefully i can go and get my confidence crushed by you pros!

furthermore, i'm wondering if any of you guys know about the vancouver film school? i was looking at brawl vids online and there were a bunch from a tournament IN BC from the vancouver film school. are these guys good? smashboards members? or just some random college threw a random tournament? cuz i know UBC has frequent smash tourney/get togethers but i don't think they're any good! cuz they suck at capcom fighters lol
There's a few very good UBC players. What happened to Troy anyway? Don't think anyone here goes to SFU Film School.

Choronis

Smash Lord
I want to play any kind of smesh I can! What are the details of this smashfest? i.e. I dunno what that word means... is it pay-to-play? Tournament or just casual matches? What time is it? And I assume you have items on high, so do you disable the hammer or not?

OMGLOLJK ITEMS XDDDD
Like for real eh? :p

unityole

Smash Lord

OMGLOLJK ITEMS XDDDD

its anything, not pay to play. otherwise just few mms among players themselves.
including melee, brawl and 64. FRIENDLIES.

there will be pizza but aint free, most likely free pop though, imma gonna buy those 24 cans thing from cosco or superstore xD

date is 17th saturday.. time we can start as early as when i wake up that day, so maybe 10 am? or 11?

Metà

Smash Master
This is a money match post:

SSBM:
Eric -- $5
Tiep -- $5
Roby -- $5
*Matt -- Falcon ditto $5

SSBB:
Dynamism -- $5
*Protrozz -- tentative $5

Wow, what a terribly small list. Come on people, bring on the MM's! : D

*tentative

Note: All MM's are advanced slobs unless stated otherwise.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I want to mm you Meta, Brawl, best of 5, $5
Will I see you on the 31st for the match after the tourney or will this have to wait until September? lol

unityole

Smash Lord
I want to mm you Meta, Brawl, best of 5, $5
Will I see you on the 31st for the match after the tourney or will this have to wait until September? lol
that will prob have to wait till sept since he wont be coming on the 31st.
and u'll only be here for that day. he leaves for europe/states on the 23rd

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord

Yeah good luck, every european smasher is born a soldier. :grrr:

Oh and I'm going to 17th. $5 MM's with everyone as well I'll have to record also.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I saw that a while back. One of the dumber things I've seen, but hey, if they want to screw around go ahead. There's no way in hell it'll be the competitive standard though. I do hope they get that extended replay thing working as I'd pay to buy one of those to save replays over 3 minutes.

Top Bottom