• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
rohins for baldest in NW. noobking for second for having partially shaved head.
Word.

if i snap i'll start throwing eggs and waterballoon at cars
... and put holes in tires.

BEST FALCO.... in NW!
fix'd

Nathan or whoever has those vids from yesterday. Plz upload ASAP as you usually do. I can't wait to watch =).... sort of >.>

Pretty sure Coquitlum would take at least 1 spot from 8-10 on our PR >.> *assumes Matt, Nathan, and Evan are all from Coquitlum*

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
More like, you're not as good a random player as ME! :laugh: What's this? Ness? Samus? Ice Climbers? Young Link? In a tournament match?!

****?

Yes. Very yes
You are extreme.

Hate random.

Grmbl.

Samus, Ness.

i would be a random main... but i aboslutly hate playing as link and a few others 2-4 other characters XD , so i just pick different characters everygame
or random and hope i dont get link or pit
Yeah, I don't main Random anymore.

Mains: Zelda, Lucas
Secondaries: Lucario, Pit

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Nathan or whoever has those vids from yesterday. Plz upload ASAP as you usually do. I can't wait to watch =).... sort of >.>

Pretty sure Coquitlum would take at least 1 spot from 8-10 on our PR >.> *assumes Matt, Nathan, and Evan are all from Coquitlum*
I'll try. I think I might be pretty busy this week.

And BTW, we are all in Coquitlam, but I suck WAY TOO MUCH right now to be considered for PR.

WAAAAAY too much.

EDIT: Unityole, you forgot to mention the round Meta beat me in in the brackets. 5 ROUND GANON DITTO!

P.S., I don't mean to brag(yes I do) but I actually played most of my pools matches as Bowser, including my tie breaker against Piegopher(It was Piegopher, right?).

unityole

Smash Lord

And BTW, we are all in Coquitlam, but I suck WAY TOO MUCH right now to be considered for PR.

WAAAAAY too much.

EDIT: Unityole, you forgot to mention the round Meta beat me in in the brackets. 5 ROUND GANON DITTO!

P.S., I don't mean to brag(yes I do) but I actually played most of my pools matches as Bowser, including my tie breaker against Piegopher(It was Piegopher, right?).

whats a ganon ditto?
i only know a character in game melee exist, WHICH IS CAPTAIN FALCON

VA

Smash Hero
hey d00ds

I'm coming to Canada in 3 weeks, starting in Vancouver. Looking to play a little smash while I'm out there and was wondering what's coming up in the next few months/weeks!? I'm one of the best ranked in the UK and by far and away the best Samus in the country (though I'm dabbling with Fox atm lol). Smash in Vancouver city?

Anyone who wants to can add me on msn and give me lot's of nice info on leevschloe@hotmail.com

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
hey d00ds

I'm coming to Canada in 3 weeks, starting in Vancouver. Looking to play a little smash while I'm out there and was wondering what's coming up in the next few months/weeks!? I'm one of the best ranked in the UK and by far and away the best Samus in the country (though I'm dabbling with Fox atm lol). Smash in Vancouver city?

Anyone who wants to can add me on msn and give me lot's of nice info on leevschloe@hotmail.com

Sure just added you to msn btw..

we will host a tournament just for you ;)

unityole

Smash Lord
hey d00ds

aw man u gonna miss the tourney on the 31st and 7th.
make another one for him on the 14th/ 21st?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Yeah we try and accommodate out of province smashers with tournaments whenever possible. How long will you be here? We gotta space these tournaments out, I can't keep taking Saturdays off work >__>

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
A melee 26 character Iron Man sounds like a great idea, then a 36 with Brawl right after if you're up for that too Meta. lol

Sure Zm4rf and Camerican, I'll add your FC next time I get a chance, add me if you want some NOT AS sucky (but still sucky because it's wifi) Brawling.

You should just make a tourney every week, just because...?

Edit: Oh, and I just played melee for the first time since Febuary and had an STD with melee and brawl. Amazing games, so fun. Still getting back in melee form but now that I have a new disk I can actually play it again lol. Hopefully I'll stop getting 2 stocked by Daltsy by the end of the month haha.

Metà

Smash Master
A melee 26 character Iron Man sounds like a great idea, then a 36 with Brawl right after if you're up for that too Meta. lol

Sure Zm4rf and Camerican, I'll add your FC next time I get a chance, add me if you want some NOT AS sucky (but still sucky because it's wifi) Brawling.

You should just make a tourney every week, just because...?
36? I thought it was 39...? I wouldn't do that though, lol. Maybe 10-man Brawl iron man lol.

I'd love to do a 26 character iron man in Melee though. Random all the way?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
36? I thought it was 39...? I wouldn't do that though, lol. Maybe 10-man Brawl iron man lol.

39 if you include all 3 pokes I suppose. But how would that work? Give the other person enough time to switch twice every stock? lol
10-man (Random) Iron Man it is then.

And 26 iron man in melee for sure, Random all the way.

After playing melee last night for 10 hours, I managed to get around to every character at least twice each and at least refreshed myself with the game. A select few of them felt almost foreign cause it was such a long break from the game but I don't think it's too bad lol. I think I have work to do though. >;^]

Metà

Smash Master
META! Find a way and come to Georgia with us!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162644

~Mattidute
MATTIDUTE! Go online once in a while!

Also, I can't go to that, because I'll be in Italy at that time. >_>

~Meta

39 if you include all 3 pokes I suppose. But how would that work? Give the other person enough time to switch twice every stock? lol
10-man (Random) Iron Man it is then.

And 26 iron man in melee for sure, Random all the way.

After playing melee last night for 10 hours, I managed to get around to every character at least twice each and at least refreshed myself with the game. A select few of them felt almost foreign cause it was such a long break from the game but I don't think it's too bad lol. I think I have work to do though. >;^]
I don't want to a random 10-man for Brawl. I'd rather just pick my characters. I'm fine with random for Melee though. Wanna put $10 down for each?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
MATTIDUTE! Go online once in a while!

Also, I can't go to that, because I'll be in Italy at that time. >_>

~Meta

I don't want to a random 10-man for Brawl. I'd rather just pick my characters. I'm fine with random for Melee though. Wanna put $10 down for each?
Will you be at SFU 7 or is this the iron man we're having in September?

Fine, no random all the way then :[
$10 for melee, $10 for Brawl? Sounds good good good.

I'll add your FC if you want to add mine. I actually go online once in a while lol.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Please just call me Sanuzi, lol. Mattidute is the name of the LL account given to me. I only listed it as identification for you.

piegopher

Smash Rookie

WAAAAAY too much.

Yep, that was me :) You squished my jigglypuff once and then again for the tiebreaker- I should've learned from the first time! I did a lot better against you with doc, but that wasn't your bowser, so who knows?

The extra 3 characters would be pikaman, crab-link, and nightmare-peach of course. I'm totally going to main pikaman. Longchu is long

Patooty

Smash Ace
Evan and Dynamism! I want in on this massive random melee ironman MM as well!!

$1 for each stock your opponent has left!!!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I'm down for that. How many stock per character, 3? That would be 78 stock, lol. We need to have a huge smashfest before school starts.
Dayum! That's gonna be freakin sweet. And yeah, late August or early September or whatever (earlier than that if possible?), as long as it isn't after September 20th cause I've got major plans here at that time.

Evan and Dynamism (James)! I want in on this massive random melee ironman MM as well!!

$1 for each stock your opponent has left!!!
Done. Good good. Random ditto 1 stocks!! lol. Oh, and I'm James.

I want in on the melee ironman too!
Doubles? Or round robin? Or the potential to earn or lose over $225 in one 4-way iron man?
Maybe more than four by then? lol

Other news! Regarding SFU 7

I am going through so much trouble to make it to this, you better appreciate it lol.

First off, the Guitar workshop I was going to on the 30th and 31st was canceled today so that means I can make the full tourney as supposed to uncertainly coming for the actual tourney and relying on friendlies when everyone is leaving to get my smash in with all of you. (This also saves me $300+ to spend on MMs and iron mans lol)

Secondly, my van is officially done today. (So I'm gonna light it on fire and drive it off a cliff for a music video.) I now have no ride to Vancouver. I'll either get a new van or Daltsy comes and he can generously let us use his vehicle with some compensation. I will be coming to Vancouver though, gotta use the backstage passes to Rush.

So I'll be there, I'll bring my little bro who will be entering the tourney as Jumblez, possibly (maybe, haven't asked yet) The Jacer and (the very much wanted) hopefully my fave "smash bro" Tim. Tim and I will be entering in doubles if (when) we're there too.

I wont let you down Jack lol

Patooty

Smash Ace
I'm fine with anything from 1-4 stocks per character for the ironmans.

I just wanna clarify though.. Are we going to random through all the characters, or are we going to just random 26 times?

ie. Are we playing duplicate characters?

Metà

Smash Master
I'm fine with anything from 1-4 stocks per character for the ironmans.

I just wanna clarify though.. Are we going to random through all the characters, or are we going to just random 26 times?

ie. Are we playing duplicate characters?
I kind of thought we were going to go through all characters. Getting random duplicates is kind of unfair. Like, what if I get lots of high tiers, and you get like, 6 Mewtwos. XD

We'll just go through all the characters in random order.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
phanna and I used to do around the world. You both pick a direction (left or right) before you hit random . You both click random and that's your starting character. Person who loses goes in the direction they stated. When you hit the end of the row you go down one and start on the opposite side of the direction you picked. Game ends when one person runs out of characters. Person who wins keeps stock.

Dunno if that's what you guys want to do but just thought I'd throw that out there.

unityole

Smash Lord
phanna and I used to do around the world. You both pick a direction (left or right) before you hit random . You both click random and that's your starting character. Person who loses goes in the direction they stated. When you hit the end of the row you go down one and start on the opposite side of the direction you picked. Game ends when one person runs out of characters. Person who wins keeps stock.

Dunno if that's what you guys want to do but just thought I'd throw that out there.
btw rohin you coming to the tourney on 31st n 7th?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
whats a ganon ditto?
i only know a character in game melee exist, WHICH IS CAPTAIN FALCON
Terrible grammar yielded an awesome post. Jack, every post you make is just ****ing brilliant. Falcon fo lyfe son.

UK guy: I look forward to playing you. I have heard your samus *****... kids.

I hope you know how to play against ganon/falcon though :/. MM?

Dead Sexy Vocab

Smash Journeyman
Okay. I can understand how much Brawl sucks compared to Melee.
But Keith, man, you take the **** to a whole new level.
I know we can't wavedash. I know they nerfed alot of characters. But I don't get why you can't give me a possible reason why and instead lament on how "it sucks compared to Melee." And if I ask you for clarification, you'd say "check Smashboards, everyone says it sucks."
Not "everyone" says so. It may be the majority, but surely not EVERYONE. Unlike you, I appreciate both games in their own rights. You didn't understand me when I said "you're viewing Brawl through Melee-biased glasses".
If this doesn't stop you from complaining because I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR COMPLAINTS, then I will drop it.
But please.
No backseat gaming at a Brawl tournament.
"Why are you so pumped up about winning one game? It's just Brawl. A game full of noobs. Melee's better."

+Edit: Looking to Link/Y-Link ditto people.

/surely wishes he can work soon to get a Wii

CrackHead

Smash Journeyman
Okay. I can understand how much Brawl sucks compared to Melee.
But Keith, man, you take the **** to a whole new level.
I know we can't wavedash. I know they nerfed alot of characters. But I don't get why you can't give me a possible reason why and instead lament on how "it sucks compared to Melee." And if I ask you for clarification, you'd say "check Smashboards, everyone says it sucks."
Not "everyone" says so. It may be the majority, but surely not EVERYONE. Unlike you, I appreciate both games in their own rights. You didn't understand me when I said "you're viewing Brawl through Melee-biased glasses".
If this doesn't stop you from complaining because I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR COMPLAINTS, then I will drop it.
But please.
No backseat gaming at a Brawl tournament.
"Why are you so pumped up about winning one game? It's just Brawl. A game full of noobs. Melee's better."

+Edit: Looking to Link/Y-Link ditto people.

/surely wishes he can work soon to get a Wii
that post came out of nowhere, were u guys jst talking on msn and then u accidently went on smashboards and posted instead of talking to keith on msn? o.o

Top Bottom