• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

bdance23

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

My name is Ryan and I want to get into melee. I have played brawl and the original a fair bit, but never very much melee. I am pretty bad basically, but I want to learn. I live in Burnaby (pretty well on the border b/w Burnaby and Vancouver).

If anybody wants to help me learn or is organizing some event or anything let me know!

Thanks

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Hey guys,

My name is Ryan and I want to get into melee. I have played brawl and the original a fair bit, but never very much melee. I am pretty bad basically, but I want to learn. I live in Burnaby (pretty well on the border b/w Burnaby and Vancouver).

If anybody wants to help me learn or is organizing some event or anything let me know!

Thanks
You mean something like this?
Smashfest at Aug 8, anyone up for it? noone can stay the night though.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Hey guys,

Thanks
Welcome to the smash scene!

I'm not super sure on my geography of the lower mainland, but by the sounds of it, you're pretty close to John (Hitsugaya on the boards). He might be up to smashing with you if you ask. And as well as Rusty Shacklefurd said, smashfests get announced quite often in this thread, so check by every so often.

bdance23

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the smash scene!

I'm not super sure on my geography of the lower mainland, but by the sounds of it, you're pretty close to John (Hitsugaya on the boards). He might be up to smashing with you if you ask. And as well as Rusty Shacklefurd said, smashfests get announced quite often in this thread, so check by every so often.
Cool thanks!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Hey guys,

Thanks
It's hard to tell if someone is making a fake account or we actually have a new smasher among us these days. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anyways, welcome to the community, if you ARE new... = )

sup people?

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Don't listen to, liberate, he's out of the loop if you know what I mean.

lol

anyway burnaby? You're pretty much close to everything. yeah there will be a smashfest august 8th in newwest minster if you're interested

<3 lib

but not really :D

edit: HI ADAM

bdance23

Smash Cadet
Don't listen to, liberate, he's out of the loop if you know what I mean.

lol

anyway burnaby? You're pretty much close to everything. yeah there will be a smashfest august 8th in newwest minster if you're interested

<3 lib

but not really :D

edit: HI ADAM
Haha yes I'm in Burnaby. Yeah I would like to check out that smashfest, are there a lot of friendlies going on or is it all tourney? I honestly doubt I can take a stock off any of you guys lol so I'd rather just play friendlies.

And no to Harrisburg; no clue who Russel is. You guys must have had a lot of people who make fake accounts I am guessing :S.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Or more like 1 person making several fake accounts, harrisburg is a fake account btw lol

anyway if we hae enough people we either have a free tourney or a $5 tourney at smashfests or something, so there will be plenty of friendlies, no need to worry about that.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Good **** BC at ADAT2

In Melee Singles, PKM took out Carl in the winner's bracket, and then either Carl or PKM put Daltsy in loser's bracket, but Daltsy managed to beat Carl in loser's finals and then PKM won grand finals vs Daltsy.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
It's hard to tell if someone is making a fake account or we actually have a new smasher among us these days. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anyways, welcome to the community, if you ARE new... = )

sup people?
Hey buddy how's it going?!
Good **** BC at ADAT2

In Melee Singles, PKM took out Carl in the winner's bracket, and then either Carl or PKM put Daltsy in loser's bracket, but Daltsy managed to beat Carl in loser's finals and then PKM won grand finals vs Daltsy.
Lol are you serious? GG Tim! Good job @ beating Carl! But how did we lose to EC? EC, come to BC or no johns ;D
Hey Ryan, this is Manuel.

Yeah, smashfests are all friendlies unless while at the smashfest itself people decide to run a quick tournament. If you're going then I might tag along? And one last thing, if you wanna respond to several people, you can click "multi-quote" until all the posts you want to respond to are highlighted, then click "quote" on any of them. :]

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
HI BC!

when is the next tournament? I just read that there is one going on right now while i'm posting this so i'm pretty sad. Keep me in touch please and thanks.

;d

Diakonos

Smash Lord
HI BC!

when is the next tournament? I just read that there is one going on right now while i'm posting this so i'm pretty sad. Keep me in touch please and thanks.

;d
Nice to hear from you man. I'll definitely let you know when something is going on.

R

resonance

Nice job taking julyzerg's ID lol. Thought you could get away without nobody noticing that one right? :)

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
HI BC!

;d
just a small local tournament :p

well lets see... theres someone from Mexico who's gonna be here in September and I think we should host a tournament for him and see if PKM can come as well? =D

Also for the end of Augest.. I wanna try to make a tournament at Jimz Gaming Lounge.. http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=35207426314&h=eFVme&u=WH0po

I'm just wondering for now who would be interested in going? Yakal, Ryan and I know what this place is about already we visited there on Wednesday:p

Also I'm thinking August 30 or 31st?

I think it's worth a try

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
just a small local tournament :p

well lets see... theres someone from Mexico who's gonna be here in September and I think we should host a tournament for him and see if PKM can come as well? =D

Also for the end of Augest.. I wanna try to make a tournament at Jimz Gaming Lounge.. http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=35207426314&h=eFVme&u=WH0po

I'm just wondering for now who would be interested in going? Yakal, Ryan and I know what this place is about already we visited there on Wednesday:p

Also I'm thinking August 30 or 31st?

I think it's worth a try
Make it august 30, or else i can't go due to school, and people will cry if i don't go, you know that Eric :p

btw tournament result thread up http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8009576#post8009576

Also all videos i got are uploaded, it wasn't alot so i finished it in like, 3 hours

Top Bottom