• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

JulyZerg

Smash Cadet
Hey, I hear some of you guys like DotA? Ever heard of HoN? I have three beta keys to give out, and < 3 people to give them to. So if any of you would be interested, just speak up. Phanna approves, so you know it's good.
it looks pretty sweet but then again its copying dota in a way it almost looks exactly the same -.- take league of legends for example (made by guinsoo, also who made the first dota maps for frozen throne) the game is unique and does not look like the warcarft 3 dota but sort of has somethings similar anyway give me a beta key plz

nao plx

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Sorry, already gave Mike the key, and Eric asked for one first(supposedly, there's some serious shenanigans going on involving bovine hearing...), and the third went to some guy none of you would know. JUST KIDDING, I JUST THINK YOU SUCK AND I DON'T WANT MY SPARE BETA KEY IN YOUR GREASY PALMS!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I already got a key for HoN. :p not better then dota though. It's like brawl basically with improved (annoying) graphics and a weird game engine.

League of legends looks more promising, only cause guinsoo is behind the dev team.

And kenny I'll come by in the evening for a bit if people are still there. What # to buzz to get in?

JulyZerg

Smash Cadet
go ill be there, i haven't seen you in awhile btw dota yesterday was so fail btw kenny whats your buzzer #.. i dont wanna ring every single one lmao

btw i think buzzer # is 217? well try all the 2.x.x

SMASHFEST AT BYUUSANS HOUSE TODAY!!!!! AUG 8TH GO NAO

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
go ill be there, i haven't seen you in awhile btw dota yesterday was so fail btw kenny whats your buzzer #.. i dont wanna ring every single one lmao

btw i think buzzer # is 217? well try all the 2.x.x

SMASHFEST AT BYUUSANS HOUSE TODAY!!!!! AUG 8TH GO NAO
Jacks fault, that guy gets a trophy in QQ'ing and a statue with his name for raging. :laugh:

unityole

Smash Lord
SMASHFEST NEXT SATURDAY AT SURREY SFU, OR THE SATURDAY AFTER the coming saturday

VA

Smash Hero
Sup Canada.

I need two more people for a dota team, I play on US West as it is. Who's legit from BC?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
can Jack handle smartness?!
DUNDUNDUUUUNN

VA, ask Jack and Roby. They're like ok or something.

Not Tim or John though. Really bad.

Tony's ok too.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Lol your funny.
I'm taking funniness lessons

Here's a question though...

For Phantom Lancer early game...

Bracers, Mantles or Nulls? I've asked around and some people say "i like more health to live long in lane" some say "i go nulls for mana to harrass" and some say "i do agility cause well, he is agility"

But I can never decide when I'm playing him. I just see what the other team is and go from there. Usually I start with 2 circlets and guess what I'll need more of later. lol

Advice?

JulyZerg

Smash Cadet
I'm taking funniness lessons

Here's a question though...

For Phantom Lancer early game...

Bracers, Mantles or Nulls? I've asked around and some people say "i like more health to live long in lane" some say "i go nulls for mana to harrass" and some say "i do agility cause well, he is agility"

But I can never decide when I'm playing him. I just see what the other team is and go from there. Usually I start with 2 circlets and guess what I'll need more of later. lol

Advice?

Beginner items you want Ring of regen(for vlads later) or Ring of Basilus click it for heroes only so you push less but if your bot lane and your partner is creep pull leave it on normal and if you have a lane partner thats heavy on mana i.e sven, vengeful spirit, other stunners usually SK, and bring tangos because an RoR isnt enough. Get 3 wraith bands to maxmize dmg output and last hit better, 2 bracers is fine if you are against several nukers that can kill you before you can even go dopplewalk. After that if your macro game(money) is good you may want to go diffusal first then boots or vice versa. Also early game skills you pick are the spear nuke and dopplewalk, dont leave dopplewalk at lvl 1 its just too mana heavy so maximize those 2 first then you get images, images at early level suck and also you just dont have the attack speed to generate enough images. After your diffusal you want to gank gank gank and farm off heroes when your not ganking you jungle or go a free lane and farm ****, if your team lacks a dps and your the only one you can go for treads but usually you want boots of travel for mass image pushes on two lanes.. by mid game have vlads, diffusal, treads/boots of travel, 3 wraith bands and youll do fine.. late game items you can go heart if your team has another dps other than you.. or you can go Mkb because your images will ministun and **** everyones attack animation up.. or you can go manta style or you can go butterfly if your super farmed up gg

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Beginner items you want Ring of regen(for vlads later) or Ring of Basilus click it for heroes only so you push less but if your bot lane and your partner is creep pull leave it on normal and if you have a lane partner thats heavy on mana i.e sven, vengeful spirit, other stunners usually SK, and bring tangos because an RoR isnt enough. Get 3 wraith bands to maxmize dmg output and last hit better, 2 bracers is fine if you are against several nukers that can kill you before you can even go dopplewalk. After that if your macro game(money) is good you may want to go diffusal first then boots or vice versa. Also early game skills you pick are the spear nuke and dopplewalk, dont leave dopplewalk at lvl 1 its just too mana heavy so maximize those 2 first then you get images, images at early level suck and also you just dont have the attack speed to generate enough images. After your diffusal you want to gank gank gank and farm off heroes when your not ganking you jungle or go a free lane and farm ****, if your team lacks a dps and your the only one you can go for treads but usually you want boots of travel for mass image pushes on two lanes.. by mid game have vlads, diffusal, treads/boots of travel, 3 wraith bands and youll do fine.. late game items you can go heart if your team has another dps other than you.. or you can go Mkb because your images will ministun and **** everyones attack animation up.. or you can go manta style or you can go butterfly if your super farmed up gg
I haven't tried starting with RoR as Lancer yet. Usually get that after a couple wraiths and boots. That could be good.

DBlade and Vlads I always get once I get going but it seems to take longer than I'd like unless I can manage to last hit a TON and rush more WBs. RoR first might do the trick so I could stay longer and still hit decent. :D

MKB minibash works for illusions too?
SHEEEEEIIIITT. What about cranium basher or battlefury cleaving or things like that? Any others that work? (stacked radiance type things would be good to know haha)

I've never bothered with treads for him. I like TPing around to the lanes for swarming (like you said there too)

Is a bottle a good idea with him? I tend to TP, farm and roam a lot and I'm learning some ruin control. Kind of mindgamingish with dopplewalking lol. It's usually situational if I go for bottles or not cause I don't know if it's really that handy for him.

Oh and manta is nice yeah. I don't like it until really late though. Better money uses it seems.

He counters Silencer...doesn't he? It's just something I think I'm noticing. lol

Edit: I like to get S&Y too. Is that good? I actually get that after DB and Vlads almost every time unless I need some situational thing to counter/survive/kill better. Then butterfly + manta + heart if the game drags on.

Oh, and does S&Y maim work from illusions? I know it doesn't stack, but can they do it?

JulyZerg

Smash Cadet
I haven't tried starting with RoR as Lancer yet. Usually get that after a couple wraiths and boots. That could be good.

DBlade and Vlads I always get once I get going but it seems to take longer than I'd like unless I can manage to last hit a TON and rush more WBs. RoR first might do the trick so I could stay longer and still hit decent. :D

MKB minibash works for illusions too?
SHEEEEEIIIITT. What about cranium basher or battlefury cleaving or things like that? Any others that work? (stacked radiance type things would be good to know haha)

I've never bothered with treads for him. I like TPing around to the lanes for swarming (like you said there too)

Is a bottle a good idea with him? I tend to TP, farm and roam a lot and I'm learning some ruin control. Kind of mindgamingish with dopplewalking lol. It's usually situational if I go for bottles or not cause I don't know if it's really that handy for him.

Oh and manta is nice yeah. I don't like it until really late though. Better money uses it seems.

He counters Silencer...doesn't he? It's just something I think I'm noticing. lol

Edit: I like to get S&Y too. Is that good? I actually get that after DB and Vlads almost every time unless I need some situational thing to counter/survive/kill better. Then butterfly + manta + heart if the game drags on.

Oh, and does S&Y maim work from illusions? I know it doesn't stack, but can they do it?
ok make sure you get diffusal before vlads.. as most people don't seem to realize, that aura's don't effect illusions but the visuals are still applied (0 armor for them, 0 lifesteal, 0 damage, 0 mana regen so images only benefit from stats) .. actually you should skip vlads.. screw it, not good for az wraith anyway until you have all your core items.. or if your team has like 3 melee heroes and none of them are getting it. in high lvl play skip MKB its pretty much worthless unless you are gonna fight heroes with butterfly/evasion

well here is league priority on items with PL Radiance -> Travels -> Heart -> Skadi/Manta -> MKB

SnY is not good for PL and your images can Maim but SnY is not a good item

Radiance doesnt stack ever

PL does not counter silencer

Vlads give images no benefits, images only benefit from stats

Bfury doesnt work on images

Cranium bashers dont stack and will not work on images

hmm i think your early game items should just be 2x circlets, 3 tango, 2 gg branches it gives you +5 stats to all and you can heal off tango.

so your core items should be BoT, diffusal, manta style, heart, skadi, butterfly

bad items

Vlads
Cuirass
Hyperstone
Basher

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
ok make sure you get diffusal before vlads.. as most people don't seem to realize, that aura's don't effect illusions but the visuals are still applied (0 armor for them, 0 lifesteal, 0 damage, 0 mana regen so images only benefit from stats) .. actually you should skip vlads.. screw it, not good for az wraith anyway until you have all your core items.. or if your team has like 3 melee heroes and none of them are getting it. in high lvl play skip MKB its pretty much worthless unless you are gonna fight heroes with butterfly/evasion

well here is league priority on items with PL Radiance -> Travels -> Heart -> Skadi/Manta -> MKB

SnY is not good for PL and your images can Maim but SnY is not a good item

so your core items should be BoT, diffusal, manta style, heart, skadi, butterfly
I'm actually surprised how close what I've been doing is to what you've suggested for me. YAY

Lessons learned -
Skip the Vlads and RoR
Illusions get stats only

Thanks for the advice :D

If BoT has so much item priority for him...
When did you say to get treads then? I've never gone treads and probably won't, but still. Why is it good get them sometimes?

Nice, Skadi I never thought of, good luxury. :p

Why is S&Y bad for him? More health, attack, multy main, speed boost...seriously no?

The FUTURE best Luigi. Ka Master may always be better, even if I am better, just because he's Ka Master.

<333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

<3 Tim too. He was playing dota long before BC even heard of it btw. lol

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
News of Dynamism

I'm officially and effectively quitting all smash events, including hosting tournaments, travelling to tournaments, smashing in free time, visiting forums and watching smash, as of August 16th. My last attendance being on August 15th. The community here in the Okanagan will have to go on without me driving, hosting, organizing or bringing people together for the first time. <3 you all, you know what you can do!

Upon return, which will be somewhere late fall or early winter, I will continue to pursue becoming better than my idol as a Luigi main in Melee, as well as picking up many characters I've never tampered with at a competitive level before.

I've had more melee experience over the last 2 months than the rest of the previous year combined and I learned too much to apply all at once. A break to break away from my motionless, slow, predicting rather than punishing play which I can't get much better with is what I need to advance and apply all that I've come to understand.

Aside from that, I will again be a Bowser main in Brawl as he apparently needs more good people playing as him in tournament, and I've been requested numerously to do so. I'll try to get back to where I was last November as one of the top Bowsers in the world, though I have much to catch up on.

Take care. <3

1FD

Top Bottom