• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

piegopher

Smash Rookie
Howdy Firestorm88 long time no see - I'm on a work term this semester so I'm out of the loop as per the goings-on at SFUSRY, but I fully endorse tournaments that take place on weekends or after 5 PM :D I'll be hanging around a lot this week trying to mooch information from the games room smellies so maybe I'll see you there

JDZL

Smash Rookie
anyone know if there'll be some kind of pre-order/package/special edition bonus here?
troy, i'll probably pick it up asap, so count me in for wifi. if i'm not busy messing around with the level creator or trying to unlock new chars.

i've barely played me wii at all lately, but i have a feeling that's gonna change in a big way.
bye bye sleep. atleast i don't have school to worry about.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
Hello, I'm the guy who used to play Pikachu at SFU Surrey quite a bit last semester. I don't have any classes there this semester, so I gotta keep an eye on this thread and see if any events are happening.

piegopher

Smash Rookie
I don't actually live anywhere near Surrey- That's just where I go to school + play smashins (SFU Surrey library at Central City). I live in Vancouver near Broadway station. Also if anyone's in THAT neighborhood I can host some people at my place.

Oliver where roughly do you live, Surrey is all numbers man i live in north delta near 64th ave and 116th street(summit cr)

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I don't actually live anywhere near Surrey- That's just where I go to school + play smashins (SFU Surrey library at Central City). I live in Vancouver near Broadway station. Also if anyone's in THAT neighborhood I can host some people at my place.
I actually live near there. Well, one bus ride away.

I just played 3 rounds of Brawl. A friend brought it. I'm doing my project here though :( On my laptop in another room :(

:(

:(

Patooty

Smash Ace
Pound3 goes to......

MANGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
who beat out m2k in finals.

And mad props to kage for ****** lots of pros.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Only got 5 matches of Brawl in. I need to finish my work tonight so I can play for 5 hours tomorrow during my break >_>

Young Link
- what the **** happened to my boomerang
- aerials are all different now (except u-air), b-air and n-air are sword attacks instead of kicks, f-air seems different
- grab seems to be the grappling hook, but that's purely cosmetic
- d-smash sends them up?
- what the **** happened to my boomerang

Sheik
- smashes are more powerful
- aerials oh my god where'd you go :(
- I missed half my grabs because I kept trying to jump cancel them and jump cancelling is out

Red
- Ivysaur smashes :O
- Charizard aerials :O
- Squirtle speed :O
- switching seems to reset stamina instantly
- dying seems to reset stamina instantly
- New Pork City is a ****ty *** stage and I can't see wtf is going on

Meta Knight
- up+b can kill!
- I wish I had more time with him but I died pretty fast that time =/

We randomed stages and I got two Melee ones -_-; Played Norfair, Brinstar (Melee), New Pork City, Green Greens (Melee), and Castle whatever from Fire Emblem.

Well, I won my first match (YLink) and considering I never get to win in Melee FFAs with YLink it was nice >_> We only played FFAs. Quite a few people wanted to play.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Hooray for nerfed Sheik arials. Is there a Pink squirtle?

There should've been a Female pokemon trainer. With 3 diff pokemon like the Ruby/Sapphire starters. Blaaaaaaziken. ^_O>

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Yeah, games room is for all SFU students, sometimes non-SFU students come too =P However, I don't know if Brawl will be there on Friday. I don't have class that day and I don't think some of the people with Brawl do either.

We'll definitely be playing from 12:30 - 5:30 tomorrow though.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
so ya how does every have brawl!! o_0 i feel left out and btw whens the next brawl getogetherage cause i seriosly wanta try it out ^^

AIDS

Smash Lord
so i guess most tournaments will include melee plus brawl? lol

brawl aparently u can air dodge and jump after it if you have your jump....that is messed!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
this game is so dumbed down, and no dash dancing makes the game feel very unfluid. it's still fun though.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141716

that basically sums it up.
"I'll let you guys know when I get the game later."
XD oh my god

so i guess most tournaments will include melee plus brawl? lol

brawl aparently u can air dodge and jump after it if you have your jump....that is messed!
No. I think the community will just move on to Brawl. No sense holding onto the past except as a side event really. I mean, if a few years down the like Brawl hasn't evolved at all and isn't balanced, people might flock back, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Patooty

Smash Ace
But the builders of Rome had a lot more tools to work with. We'll see how Brawl turns out though... I'm sure we'll find some way to get better at the game. I think I'm still trying to do too many melee things. After about a year if no progress is made I can see massive outcries to Nintendo, and we'll see if they do anything about it...

Thanks for having us over John! GGGGGZ!

Tier list as I see it so far:

Top tier:
Not Snake
Not Ike

zPhoenixExz

Smash Cadet
Finally got some play time in between all these midterms >.<

Peach

-Down smash nerfed, but WAAYYY easier to land now thx to no more combo pressure spam by kitsunes and birds.
-Neutral A has like double range and stun :O
-Tennis racket is strong :O
-Even without FC, all her move except fair is fast :)
-HORRIBLE double jump, which is reasonable.

Sonic
-Dash attack is so fast!
-smashes are strong for a speed character.
-Its possible to run behind people before their move even finish.

Everything seems much more smooth and balanced. Slow and strong and long range moves are now finally punishable if missed (like every other fighter), while the fast ones are even faster than without l-cancel, but are finally WEAK, like they should be.

dieslow

Smash Ace
brawl will never replace melee.. its totally different (and different is bad imo xD)

edit: even though wavedashing + l canceling + edge guarding + good combos are gone from the game, the main problem is movement. turning around doesnt work while ur dashing, u have to PIVOT. feels like playing smash with a DPAD.

zPhoenixExz

Smash Cadet
The way I see brawl right now is basically a mix of SSB and SSBM, with the pacing of games like capcom vs snk2 and street fighter. Hell a cvs2 match is way slower and if those games can have tournies I'm sure brawl can as well...I guess it depends on preference. IMO this is a great change from having 5 speed characters being used only(no, peach is a minority from what I've seen).....its almost as bad as marvel vs. capcom 2...

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Brawl will replace Melee just like Melee replaced 64. I see Brawl as a push towards air combat. I mean, even Melee's air combat was basically on the ground due to shffling =P It'll be interesting discovering all the new stuff

Metà

Smash Master
Okay, so me and Matt (and possibly another SFU student) can come tomorrow at around 2:30-3:00. Will you or other be there playing it, and where can I find it?

unityole

Smash Lord
Brawl will replace Melee just like Melee replaced 64. I see Brawl as a push towards air combat. I mean, even Melee's air combat was basically on the ground due to shffling =P It'll be interesting discovering all the new stuff

correction, Melee didn't replace 64 :O air combat is air combat, if youre good at spacing you do not need to be on the ground often.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
you guys seen a good pokemon trainer? o_0 **** they can kick some *** and luigis toranado is like ka master but nubbed down lol makes my wonder how high ka master will goo lol

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Okay, so me and Matt (and possibly another SFU student) can come tomorrow at around 2:30-3:00. Will you or other be there playing it, and where can I find it?
Text me before you do. I'll PM you my number. I don't think there will be much brawl action happening as the people who bring it don't have a long break. If a certain person gets his Brawl to work (real game, Japanese modded Wii) there could be some Brawl happening. LysanderBlack stopped by today.

correction, Melee didn't replace 64 :O air combat is air combat, if youre good at spacing you do not need to be on the ground often.
Melee replaced 64 except for those who wanted to live in the past for another 6 years ;)

Top Bottom