• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I am beginning to gather power for Pound 3... you guys felt the EC spirit bomb.. now I will need to create the Canada spirit bomb to bring down all of USA!!! Please grant me your power! (Say something encouraging or.. just give me power!) =)

AIDS

Smash Lord
k, hopefully i can work something out with room setup. Recording games sound great, but i donno how to make it work, i guess i'll leave that to you guys :o
yeah lol, recording is my area, ill set up that stuff but encourage other people to bring stuff, do we have the same rooms as the previose tournament?

unityole

Smash Lord
yeah lol, recording is my area, ill set up that stuff but encourage other people to bring stuff, do we have the same rooms as the previose tournament?
it's different place, its gonna be in a room upstair this time, our lounge.
Our lounge is actually quite big but not big enough. Im not so good at estimate things but 6 setups would probably take up the entire lounge.

gsarany

Smash Cadet
Hi there everyone. I recently found out a person on these boards was searching for me cause he found out we lived in the same town. I finally checked my private messages and found a message from 2006 saying he wanted to meet me. He posted on this thread 2 years ago as BC Smasher. Well after finding this thread I was hoping A question of mine could b answered and sicne I couldnt tell BC smasher 2 years ago that I also lived in the same town and we could have fought countless times maybe I would have a better chance of getting positive feedback. Well I am curaintly in my 2nd year of college and I was thinking of transfering to Uvic. I was wondering if there were any tournaments that are held in the dorms and I was wondering how many tourneys there are a year or semester.

gsarany

Smash Cadet
Hi there everyone. I recently found out a person on these boards was searching for me cause he found out we lived in the same town. I finally checked my private messages and found a message from 2006 saying he wanted to meet me. He posted on this thread 2 years ago as BC Smasher. Well after finding this thread I was hoping A question of mine could b answered and sicne I couldnt tell BC smasher 2 years ago that I also lived in the same town and we could have fought countless times maybe I would have a better chance of getting positive feedback. Well I am curaintly in my 2nd year of college and I was thinking of transfering to Uvic. I was wondering if there were any tournaments that are held in the dorms and I was wondering how many tourneys there are a year or semester.

gsarany

Smash Cadet
Is there alot of tournaments at Uvic. Im thinking of transfering there and it would be pretty convenient if there were tournaments held in dorms. If there are I was wondering how many are their usually per year or semester.

gsarany

Smash Cadet
OMG IM SO SORRY IF I TRIPLE POSTED IM USING THE SCHOOL COMPUTERS AND THEY DONT SHOW THE MESSAGE I POSTED BAAAAAH I HATE THIS IM SO SORRY (HATE WINDOWS VISTA RUINS EVERYTHING. Sorry if this is the 4th post in a row the computer is being gay and I cant edit on the schools computers. Wont happen again.)

Dynamism

Smash Lord
alright, anyone heard anything about that okanagan tourney possibility I've been asking about? PM me if it ever comes up :)

And yeah, please edit the first reference post...I spoke with Hotztuph and got his name right, and he's a double main too.

Dynamism/James/Kelowna/Various
Jumble/Anthony/Kelowna/Mario
Hotztuph/Kurtis/Kelowna/G&W, Sheik

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I am beginning to gather power for Pound 3... you guys felt the EC spirit bomb.. now I will need to create the Canada spirit bomb to bring down all of USA!!! Please grant me your power! (Say something encouraging or.. just give me power!) =)
I AM PRINCE VEGETA!
Why? why should I, the prince of sayens, give my power to a subordinate?

Way to quadruple post n00b.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Ya I was just playin with that DBZ ****. Go **** them Kage. Especially Chad, Cort, Edreese, Renth, Linguini, Joe Bushman, Thomas Tipman(if he goes), and any other ganon who steps to you. Just **** them.

*Summons his full ganon strength....*

HUUAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

*sends to kage*

HAAAAAH!!!!!!

Get'm Roustane. <3

AIDS

Smash Lord
alright, anyone heard anything about that okanagan tourney possibility I've been asking about? PM me if it ever comes up :)

And yeah, please edit the first reference post...I spoke with Hotztuph and got his name right, and he's a double main too.

Dynamism/James/Kelowna/Various
Jumble/Anthony/Kelowna/Mario
Hotztuph/Kurtis/Kelowna/G&W, Sheik
im very sure the greater vancouver area has like 10 times the ammount of people you have atleast, it would make much more sence if you would come here, i doubt we would go out there just to make a tournament for 3 guys, i do not mean to sound rude but it makes no sence to go way out there, people from victoria take they farie and come here for tournaments im sure where 90% of the population is, will be the better option for where to host a tournament.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Shut up. Your opinion is not always right.

Thanks for the update, dynamism.

Adam, be nice. Every new person who's come you've "jokingly" called them a noob. Ironman mm, we'll see who's a noob =O

Kage. "Manuel awakens as the sage of energy and adds his power unto yours!"

brownie points for the person who first explains the above reference to a video game.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
Shut up. Your opinion is not always right.

Adam, be nice. Every new person who's come you've "jokingly" called them a noob. Ironman mm, we'll see who's a noob =O

Kage. "Manuel awakens as the sage of energy and adds his power unto yours!"

brownie points for the person who first explains the above reference to a video game.
ocarina of time when you beat a temple and you get a medallion

did i won?

Metà

Smash Master
Guys. SSBB spoilers, if you haven't already seen them:

35-character leaked roster was correct. Full roster is:
-All the characters we've seen so far in the dojo updates
PLUS
-Jigglypuff
-Ness
-Luigi
-Falcon
-Marth
-Falco
-Ganondorf
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Lucario
-ROB
-WW Link (called Toon Link in the japanese version)
-Wolf

Zero_P

Smash Ace
Guys. SSBB spoilers, if you haven't already seen them:

35-character leaked roster was correct. Full roster is:
-All the characters we've seen so far in the dojo updates
PLUS
-Jigglypuff
-Ness
-Luigi
-Falcon
-Marth
-Falco
-Ganondorf
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Lucario
-ROB
-WW Link (called Toon Link in the japanese version)
-Wolf
Wolf. awesome. only 35 characters though...=/ gay

smash friday if the weather isn't total crap?

Metà

Smash Master
Actually, Wolf isn't confirmed yet. THERE IS STILL HOPE

New final smashes:
-Falco uses Fox's
-Ness uses Lucas'
-Ganondorf turns into Ganon
-Falcon gets in his machine and does something (not sure yet)
-G&W turns into a giant G&W-ish octopus
-Lucario fires a giant beam

All stages so far:
1. Battlefield
2. Final Destination
3. Delfino Plaza
4. Yoshi's Island
5. Lylat Cruise
6. Bridge of Eldin
7. Smashville
8. Rumble Falls
9. Skyworld
10. Castle Siege
11. WarioWare
12. Pokemon Stadium 2
13. Battleship Halberd
14. Shadow Moses Island
15. New Pork City
16. Pictochat
17. The Summit
18. Norfair
19. Hyrule Castle
20. Mario Circuit
21. Frigate Orpheon
22. Yoshis Island
23. Corneia
24. Onett
25. Brinstar
26. Rainbow Ride
27. Distant Planet
28. Mushroomy Kingdom
29. Green Hill Zone
30. Super Mario vs. Classic
31. Port Town
32. Pirate Ship
33. Eletroplankton
34. Big Blue
35. Some GnW stage
36. Luigi's Mansion
37. Mt. Coronet/Spear Tower/Whatever
38. Pokemon Stadium 1

Supposedly there are 41 stages in total.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
He's in. Doesn't matter if there's no proof. I've been saying the roster is real for a week now. I'm just happy everyone's favourite top tier (by my books anyway ^_^) is returning and retaining his moveset =)

His d-air is really weird though. Seems to shoot down as soon as you use it and the knockback on it has been nerfed significantly. Which is dumb as it's so laggy the move wasn't worth it half the time =/ He seems to have a crazy new b-air (maybe f-air) though.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
im very sure the greater vancouver area has like 10 times the ammount of people you have atleast, it would make much more sence if you would come here, i doubt we would go out there just to make a tournament for 3 guys, i do not mean to sound rude but it makes no sence to go way out there, people from victoria take they farie and come here for tournaments im sure where 90% of the population is, will be the better option for where to host a tournament.
Yeah I know. During my smash prime I had roughly 10 regualars (from Alberta actually) that came to smash with me quite often. At least a visitor tourney-goer a month. Since I graduated, things got too hectic for me and I could never find time to smash with them, let alone go anywhere myself. I am extreemly grateful for the amount of support and generosity that many players provided, but I feel like I haven't been tested enough and that's what bugs me. I've only played a few ranked players and did very well winning the majority of the matches but those one time freindlies only go so far.

And you're not being rude. I know that's the case and always have. I actually can't do that though. One day, when my other lives are on a slow point at the same time, I will be there (here first to get information) in a heartbeat. Hopefully the melee scene will still be very strong during this new era, because it won't be anytime in the next month that I can get free for more than a day.

No problem, who updates this page anyway? ;)

unityole

Smash Lord
quick update on the people coming for SSB64 + Melee or Melee only, Feb 16th SFU tournament

omgitswill
AIDS
Quinn
Adam

Eric?
Genesis ftw?
Kham?

so far 3 ppl pmed me on showing up for Melee only, and we are looking at around 10 - 12 Meleers, no more (there will be players for both 64 and melee therefore we are looking at a melee tournament which contains around 16 ish players). Do confirm as early as possible, there are gonna be quite a few coming near the coming weeks.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Yeah was hoping for Dreamland 64 :( Oh well, I'll make it in stage builder.

Wolf is confirmed now. He also looks to be a clone of Fox =P You space animal players are getting a lot of choice! He has a red landmaster XD

Metà

Smash Master
Too many f*cking furries >_<

Also, Falco and Wolf have never used the landmaster in any of the games. Falco should have used the arwing as his FS (in the games, he's the 'ace pilot') and Wolf...why couldn't we have Krystal? : (

Anyway, I'm a little disappointed with the roster, but I think the game will redeem itself in other areas. SSE looks EPIC; seriously, it could be a game on its own and I would buy it (assuming it's as good as it looks).

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I'll be going to feb.16 tournament to. Keith what did you do with the tape we had this morning?!!!??!! with my godly shine combos on your samus. I looked for it forever all the tapes look the same.

unityole

Smash Lord
I'll be going to feb.16 tournament to. Keith what did you do with the tape we had this morning?!!!??!! with my godly shine combos on your samus. I looked for it forever all the tapes look the same.
the SFU one i suppose?

for both melee and ssb64? or just melee.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Too many f*cking furries >_<

Also, Falco and Wolf have never used the landmaster in any of the games. Falco should have used the arwing as his FS (in the games, he's the 'ace pilot') and Wolf...why couldn't we have Krystal? : (

Anyway, I'm a little disappointed with the roster, but I think the game will redeem itself in other areas. SSE looks EPIC; seriously, it could be a game on its own and I would buy it (assuming it's as good as it looks).
OBJECTION!
Your honor, there is an obvious contradiction in this post.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Hey unityole, I'll be coming on the 16th too.

Melee for sure, and most likely (95%) I'll be in for 64. Basically only if I have no money then I won't join it. I wanna see what I can do with 2 weeks and a new character :)

AIDS

Smash Lord
roby i have it with me like i said i would take it, ill return it to you the next time i see you.
tiep is coming to a smash tournament? =O oh no's! i guess this might make it 3 tournaments in a row he will knock me out in.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
lol you mean qdvs

Azen's star thing didnt make the vbulletin3 cut :laugh:

Also wtf Wolf>Krystal every day of the week kids

Top Bottom