• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
I should be at UBC tomorrow. Happy birthday Troy, I waved to you in the SUB today but you didn't wave back lol.

Also, ppl who are going to UBC tmr, please register here or else there might not be a tournament tmr.

SmashNewb

Smash Rookie
I should be at UBC tomorrow. Happy birthday Troy, I waved to you in the SUB today but you didn't wave back lol.

Also, ppl who are going to UBC tmr, please register here or else there might not be a tournament tmr.
I think James is aware that there would be some people going already since he made a thread about it and is checking up on it. It's intimidating to be the first one to register lol but I for sure people are going and James knows as well

but w/e i'll register me and my friends

AIDS

Smash Lord
Why are you making decisions whos coming over? They call you and you tell me who it is, okay.
i am not, i am just getting them to call me instead of posting your # on the internet, so then i can give them your number to reach you, makes sence right? or would you rather have your number posted over the internet, cause you lack being on msn, or any other way to reach you, so im sure this is the bes6t way to reach you, so they can ASK you, cause he asked me if he could smash with me on sat night, and since me and you normally smash him coming over would make sence.

make sence to you roby?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Man I'm blind Was sitting beside Manuel on the bus and didn't realize it was him for half the trip XD.

I blame being disoriented from watching Cloverfield and it's shaky cam.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
*its shaky cam.

xO yeah wth? I was actually wondering whether you had a twin. I was like THAT IZ THE FIRESTORM. And I was going to shout out YOUNG LIIIIIIIIINK but then if it wasn't you it may have proven awkward.

... good times?

unityole

Smash Lord
BC, SFU, Melee + SSB64 tournies on Feb 9th

We want to expand our community and you can help us grow by just showing up and play ! This will take place 3 weeks after tomorrow's SSB64 event, which is Feb 9th, yay another Saturday =O and once again it is on SFU campus, Engineering lounge.

As expected, there will be SSB64 and Melee. We will have people arrive at 10-11 am and start as soon as possible, 11 am / noon so hopefully we can end it early.

Events:
- Melee Singles Tournament
- SSB64 Singles + Doubles

Prizes:
Melee Singles - $10/15 per player, best of 3/5 games, 4 stocks no item, double elimination, time 8 minutes. Pot % 70/20/10.
SSB64 Doubles - $6 / team, best of 3/5 games, 5 stocks no item, team attack ON, single elimination. Pot % 80/20
SSB64 Singles - $5 / player, best of 3/5 games, 5 stocks no item, double elimination. Pot % 70/20/10.

All above are seeded accordingly through pool/round robin.
All finals are best of 5/7 games

Rules:
- Stage / Character counterpick rule, ranked by seeds.
- If the game was ever to freeze, the match will be restarted despite the remaining stocks of both players, unless there was a clear winner.
- Stages banned are Yoshi's Island, Saffron City and Mushroom Kingdom due to cloud, piller and edge camp.
- For Melee, I'll leave it to the veteran.. all the regulars, banned stages, bug abuse etc...

Our Equipments:
3 Setups for SSB64, 1 setup for Melee. Cheap snack food and pop machine!

Map/ Directions:
Skytrain to Production Way station, take bus #145.

Events will take place in engineering lounge just like last time.

Others:
**Our lounge ain't that big, if you're here only for the melee tournament, I would ask no more than 16 players here just for melee. Of course, if you're here for both, its totally fine :)
(please do realize that abusing this would lead to of me asking some people to leave/ go home, just PM me in advance, you do have 3 weeks...)

Controllers will be provided for SSB64. It is required to bring a controller for yourself if participating in Melee. You are welcome to bring another Melee setup as the tournament will run more smoothly =)

**I will be honest. I am going to purchase food / snack such as pizza / chips but since I am such a big fan of SSB64 and also because of Melee as a smaller event, only the players who join SSB64 singles may have free pizza :o, unless prepayed.

Any other details, just ask me in person or post under the thread, I will get back to it as soon as possible.

Finally, YES THIS EVENT include both Melee and SSB64, NO BRAWL YET.

unityole

Smash Lord
anyone that will be coming only for melee on feb 9th should let me know, post here or pm i guess.

btw, whats this gameclucks thing? like a tournament? when and where is it?
if it overlaps then i can probably change the time since its still around 3 weeks away.

UPDATE
time of the SFU tournament is changed to the 16th of Feb now.
3 and a half weeks, pm me if you're only here for melee, or bringing extra spectators.
if people can supply us with 3 GC setups would be awesome.

ngstinc

Smash Rookie
does anyone play lighting mode that lives in the burnaby area? i'm looking to have some friendly weekend matches.

AIDS

Smash Lord
anyone that will be coming only for melee on feb 9th should let me know, post here or pm i guess.

btw, whats this gameclucks thing? like a tournament? when and where is it?
if it overlaps then i can probably change the time since its still around 3 weeks away.

UPDATE
time of the SFU tournament is changed to the 16th of Feb now.
3 and a half weeks, pm me if you're only here for melee, or bringing extra spectators.
if people can supply us with 3 GC setups would be awesome.
can we do singles + doubles, gameclucks is a monthly tournament in WA, also about 3 people normally go, maybe one or two more.
also i shall be coming, i will bring a gc, and two VCR's and a wii
does anyone play lighting mode that lives in the burnaby area? i'm looking to have some friendly weekend matches.
lightning mode is stupid, we play normal melee, all the rules are listed on the front, but sorry, lightning melee is so dumb, think you are to fast for standard melee? lol :laugh:

Metà

Smash Master
Anyone want a SSB64 MM?

Or SSBM, I've been practicing a little. My performance was dismal at SFU3, but I'd like to call medical johns on that (won't go into detail on this; personal issue). Well, whatever, that's in the past; I'm back in shape and smashing at my peak.

Also, if anyone wants to smash at my place on friday (anybody near me or willing to make the trip?) let me know. Matt, Nathan, and Zero will be there (hopefully) and we can have 3 or 4 set-ups (if Matt chooses to bring his tv).

U

Urufumaru

Hey, how's it going. I'm just entering competetive level play, and thought I should say Hi. See you around.

unityole

Smash Lord
can we do singles + doubles, gameclucks is a monthly tournament in WA, also about 3 people normally go, maybe one or two more.
also i shall be coming, i will bring a gc, and two VCR's and a wii
thnx for supporting consoles, probably dont need vcrs tho.
unfortunately, there most likely won't be a double tournament for melee since we won't have enough time, nor room. If it's single elimination for doubles, and around 10 people, than MAYBE we could just make it. we will see how things go, everything can be changed :)

How many TV's will you have in total Jack?
EDIT: Jack, we're still teaming for this right?
1 in lounge, 1 from myself but both will be used for SSB64. In total, 2 right now but Evan and Matt usually could bring theirs, make it 4. I am looking for 3 setups for Melee and SSB64, no more. We can probably get 4 setups of each but our room might not be able to fit more than 6 at once.

and sure we'll still be partner, gonna rock hard :o

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Hey, how's it going. I'm just entering competetive level play, and thought I should say Hi. See you around.
stfu noob. *jokes*

welcome to the smash community ^_^. You're like 5 years late but sa'll good, hope to see you at a tournament some time. SFU and UBC hold semi-regular touranaments so you should look into that if it's COMPETITIVE play you're looking for.

Ultima-Smash: go to his house and get it??/ >.>

Zero_P

Smash Ace
Anyone want a SSB64 MM?

Or SSBM, I've been practicing a little. My performance was dismal at SFU3, but I'd like to call medical johns on that (won't go into detail on this; personal issue). Well, whatever, that's in the past; I'm back in shape and smashing at my peak.

Also, if anyone wants to smash at my place on friday (anybody near me or willing to make the trip?) let me know. Matt, Nathan, and Zero will be there (hopefully) and we can have 3 or 4 set-ups (if Matt chooses to bring his tv).
oh hai thar

moar Up smawsh? yeah too many FFAs and jigglys
care to cut down next time? llol I was kinda bored :p

Top Bottom