• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

unityole

Smash Lord
Hey unityole, I'll be coming on the 16th too.

Melee for sure, and most likely (95%) I'll be in for 64. Basically only if I have no money then I won't join it. I wanna see what I can do with 2 weeks and a new character :)
added, rgr.

What's a "furry"?

Feb16th I'm pretty **** confirmed for both melee and 64. Jack, lets ****. :colorful::colorful:

OMGWTF AZEN POST
xD doubles mang, btw is eric coming? there will be trouble if eric team up with evan this time. evan owns now, and eric's samus is amazing >.<

i wanna join 64 too
means you're coming? xD confirm it :o

unityole

Smash Lord
roger that crackhead :O

didnt quite get what you're saying but im guessing that you are coming fosho.
xD

Metà

Smash Master
So, I think I'm going to hold another SFU tourney, in late April.

In fact, I can almost guarantee that. And if I do, it will features 64, Melee, and Brawl, and it will likely be a two-day event.

Be ready *_*

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
So, I think I'm going to hold another SFU tourney, in late April.

In fact, I can almost guarantee that. And if I do, it will features 64, Melee, and Brawl, and it will likely be a two-day event.

Be ready *_*
**** son. I'm prolly down for that Evan.

Hey guys!!! How's it going? You guys wanna get a little high? ^_O>

Oh Bobby <3

unityole

Smash Lord
thanks for letting me kno, i updated my tournament thread.

the Melee will be 10 dollars entrace fee per person, if there is a tournament for doubles, it will be 10 / team. Rules are used from the same rules presented on 1st page of BC Canada thread, which i believe it's standard and everyone go by it.

**Reminding of those who want to participate for the upcoming melee/ssb64 tournament at SFU on the 16th**

If you are coming for only Melee, you need to apply NOW, there is still 2 weeks left but we will only accept 5 to maybe 10 more players. Please note that if you are bringing friends along, confirm with them and have them post here like everyone else!

Melee tournament players est around 14 to 20 since there are people going to be in both melee and ssb64.

Smash 64 players est around 14 to 20.. hopefully more :)

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
So who here has a wii and is going to get brawl on release day? I just wanna get a picture so we CAN WFC SMASH.

Btw does anyone know anything about the rumours that Canada is getting it later than the US?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
So who here has a wii and is going to get brawl on release day? I just wanna get a picture so we CAN WFC SMASH.

Btw does anyone know anything about the rumours that Canada is getting it later than the US?
Meh, systems for some stores are wrong I think. The newsletter I got from Nintendo Canada says March 9th. They'd be crazy to release this one late.

I pre-ordered on March 8th, 2007. I will go there on opening. My last few days have been obsessively following all news on Smash. Hell, I've even been watching some of the live streams by people in Japan. I just don't want to see Subspace Emissary though. Gonna keep that a surprise. I'm hoping to beat SSE in one sitting :laugh:

Eric, Smash has its own friend code, it's not the same as your Wii Code. You can have 64 people on your Friends List for Brawl.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
God ****, evan. What about me?! >=[

Too bad for me I still have not pre-ordered it, though I do have a wii and if I don't pre-order it soon I'll be getting it a little later maybe 2 weeks after

zPhoenixExz

Smash Cadet
Pre-ordered 2 copies (^0^)v (One for a friend)

I probably won't be able to play until Finals are over though....I have freaking 5 courses (-_-#), or 6 if I count the lab.

Brawl is shaping up to be better and better...I'm gonna try maining R.O.B and Peach d(-_^), hopefully with Sonic and Red on the side if I have time. (Although this time I can have more practice than before thanks to wifi). ^_^

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Dan2 pictures: http://ca.msnusers.com/Dan2-pics

I have a modded wii and as soon as the japanese version gets dumped I'm gunna get nick to use his dual-layer burner and burn an 8gig file onto a readable disc for my wii =)
Adam, add me to MSN rushan_shekarAThotmailDOTcom. A single layer was ripped and uploaded early this morning. It was split into like80 rapidshare links. By the time I get home tonight, there should be a full file up for download as one link.

SSE doesn'tw ork. It's only VS and I believe Classic. It's a bit buggy and crashes at times, but it kinda works. It also duplicates the News/Weather channel =/ You should take those and stick it on the 4th Wii Menu screenor something as they're glitches.

Reonhart

Smash Rookie
I havent pre-ordered it yet, and I'm getting it at release date, maybe even before the release date.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Does anyone have vids of competitive Japanese meele smashers doing singles for brawl?

Even if it is brand new, I wouldn't doubt they would just spam f-smash all day and roll, get ma' drift

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I haven't played it. No modded Wii. I know some people who either imported or have the rip and will play it this week. There's some good impressions on the Brawl Discussion Board if you can wade through the sea of crap. People are finding some interesting techniques already (if you cancel a glide with an aerial close to the ground, all lag is gone or something I think?).

piegopher

Smash Rookie
Z'argh! How long has there been a local playgroup? I should have really checked sooner now that I look back... well, I don't know if any of y'all know me, but I'm Oliver- I'm frequently playing in the games room at SFU Surrey. I used to main fox, but that gets old fast. Now I prefer to play as Ice Climbers, Doctor Mario, and Jigglypuff- and a little Bowser for fun.

Sorry, but I didn't quite feel like reading all 700+ pages of this post... Is there any kind of regular meetup or tournament in the lower mainland? I'd love to take part

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Hi Oliver. I know who you are. I'm Rushan, SFU Surrey as well. Brown kid. I play the black YLink, white Sheik. Haven't played with you lately though. There are often smashfests and tournaments happening.

We need to get the games club meetings happening =/ I want to discuss possible Melee tournament before Brawl comes out.

Top Bottom