• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Smash Power Rankings! (11/3/07)

AIDS

Smash Lord
So John, when do you plan to update this, are going to wait for even more tournaments? it has been like over 6 months.

Roby, Wh0re + Fox = you, I am happy to see you found your place =), unlike the pichu days, pichu does not have enough work experience to be a Wh0re =)

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
WOW YOU PEOPLE NEED TO STFU ABOUT UPDATING THIS ****.

ALL I ****ING HEAR IS PEOPLE SAYING "WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE THIS?" AND NO ONE DOING ANYTHING TO TELL ME WHAT THEIR OPINION IS. ALL I HEAR IS UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! **** YOU PEOPLE.

IF YOU WANT ME TO MAKE THE LIST MYSELF THEN SO BE IT I WILL. PANEL LIST PEOPLE HAVEN'T TOLD ME JACK ****. REALLY. ITS JUST THEIR OPINION WITHOUT DISCUSSING ANYTHING.

seriously stfu.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Yeah, except that I haven't owned Melee or Brawl for months, and I'm still okay at them.

My suggestion:

1) :pikachu:
1) Eric
2) John
3) Manuel
4) Ryab
5) Tiep/Adam
6) Tiep/Adam
7) Dieslow
8) RobyExtreme
9) RobbieGenesis
10) Matt/ Keith

Just based on performance... but then again I'm not sure how Tony did, because I didn't play him. I heard his match with Roby was pretty close though? So he's gotta be pretty good at least.
good tournament today was fun =)

My PR list....

1. Myself [did well today=) and has done well recently...]
2. John [ still too good ]
3. Manuel [too good:O]
4. Ryan [still gots it;) ]
5. Tiep [ good stuff ]
6. Adam [ good stuff with Falcon ]
7. Roby [ BIG IMPROVMENT WOW ]
8. Tony [ too much Barwl =P ]
9. Matt [ you got better ]
10. Keith [ you also got better ]

Haven't seen Evan play in quite sometime...

uhh yeah what do you guys think about my list and feel free to make your own with your opinions as why..
I'd very much like to see it.

Also Manuel, this David fellow is a 10-12yr old kid who narrowly lost to dieslow in Brawl singles finals. He hails from Port Moody I believe, and just had happened to be at SFU by coincedence of some big organized event going on at the SFU campus on that same day o.O

Eric, I agree for the most part, with your list. Mine may have minor differences =)

1st: Eric
2nd: John
3rd: Ryan
4th: Manuel
5th: Tiep
6th: Adam
7th: Tony
8th: Roby
9th: Matt
10th: Keith/Evan (Unsure between the two) perhaps further discussion is needed?

Do we keep Robbie on the list or not? HE should stil eb at like 8th-ish so we should decide whether or not to keep him on I think. He said he didn't care anymore so should we just take him off?
LAWLZ! <3 Manuel

1. Eric
2. John
3. Manuel
4. Ryan
5. Tiep
6. Adam
7. Tony
8. Roby
9. Matt
10. Keith

GG, update plz John
Here are all the list post from since the last tournament.
Adam post 2, the one on the bottem was more recent.
Troy, Tiep, Ryan, and John are the PR people who have not said anything, but Troy has been out of the community for a while.

and this is mine, which i also posted
1) Eric(Blunted_object10)
2) John(Hitsugaya)
3) Manuel(firexemblemxpride)
4) Ryan(crackhead)(or anyone elses account....)
5) Adam(xXx-NoobKing-xXx)
6) Tiep(Patooty)
7) Tony(Dieslow)
8) Roby(spacefalcon)
9) Matt
10) Evan(Meta)/Keith(AIDS)?

this is my feel for Pr, some people like Tony, ryan, and john i did not play, but from my knowledge this is what i see as the new PR.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Im gonna pull the be an *** card now.

I dont remember you being on the panel list. Nor Manuel. Manuel has missed so many tournaments his list wouldn't be accurate from his experience.

And the panel list has to DISCUSS it. Theres FAR more to it then just saying
"I think it should be in this order" and then combining all the peoples orders to make 1.

I havent seen much fk'ing effort from Eric/Tiep/Adam/Myself lately to even try to talk to one another. So why dont YOU BICH at them aswell.

AND WE TALK TO EACH OTHER THROUGH EMAIL not through here. Its a panel list decision.
If you really want me to fking update it I will. With my list then. Gawd.

Patooty

Smash Ace
sigh.. Keith I hope you didn't put me at 6th because we played that 1 stock in that friendly match..

Edit: Also, john's right that there hasn't been a huge effort to get this thing updated. I think it's because of the state of how everything is. The only thing I'm really sure about at this point is that Roby should be on it.

I don't even know if we should take Robbie off 'cause despite him saying he retired, he still plays. Also, Matt should probably be on it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
sigh.. Keith I hope you didn't put me at 6th because we played that 1 stock in that friendly match..

Edit: Also, john's right that there hasn't been a huge effort to get this thing updated. I think it's because of the state of how everything is. The only thing I'm really sure about at this point is that Roby should be on it.

I don't even know if we should take Robbie off 'cause despite him saying he retired, he still plays. Also, Matt should probably be on it.
Pfff.. retire.. howtf do you retire from smash.. it's either a choice to play or not.. pretty sure we are all still young here.. =P

unityole

Smash Lord
Pfff.. retire.. howtf do you retire from smash.. it's either a choice to play or not.. pretty sure we are all still young here.. =P
not really, i retired from playing CS, but just not at a pro level.
i use to get paid and travel for CS. but now ive stopped, you can call it retirement.

Here are all the list post from since the last tournament.
Adam post 2, the one on the bottem was more recent.
Troy, Tiep, Ryan, and John are the PR people who have not said anything, but Troy has been out of the community for a while.

and this is mine, which i also posted
1) Eric(Blunted_object10)
2) John(Hitsugaya)
3) Manuel(firexemblemxpride)
4) Ryan(crackhead)(or anyone elses account....)
5) Adam(xXx-NoobKing-xXx)
6) Tiep(Patooty)
7) Tony(Dieslow)
8) Roby(spacefalcon)
9) Matt
10) Evan(Meta)/Keith(AIDS)?

this is my feel for Pr, some people like Tony, ryan, and john i did not play, but from my knowledge this is what i see as the new PR.
keith: a discusion would be something like: you talked about a match of you played versus whom at the tourney, instead of mentioning the result, you should be talking about how people are ranked based on their skills. Stuff like how consistent they are through games, not getting baited by tricks, the tactics they use, spacing, reflexes, mistakes they made and maybe combos.

stuff like the above basically show how good a player really is, and from that you then can discuss how a player should be ranked. don't just come up with a list of people who you think should be ranked cause of how you played vs him, it doesn't work like that.

in more detail, play the same person 1000 games then see how much you can win vs him. play everyone, and have everybody else do the same, then rank. thats if you want to be ranked upon of how you played vs others.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I'm in favor for Eric running the P.R

Seriously he comes out to all tournaments, plays everyone and his decisions will be most accurate and respected. I think Brown Town should be the panelists, Eric and Adam are the only veterans still playing this game and trackign everyones improvments.

CrackHead

Smash Journeyman
not saying you are a bad panelist or anything. however i think it would be wrong for you and adam to be the only panelist because well lets say for example.

robbie is playing against keith, adam and eric are watching the match, eric thinks oh wow keith is very technicle, adam thinks , wow robbie has a very good mindgame, so then they talk about it adam thinks robbie is better cuz of the mind game eric thinks keith is better because of the tech skill. and they cant settle. now lets say tiep and john have watched both these guys play against others and they both see somthing different in each of them that would be able to help in judging their skill,

i think thats a bad/weird example but what im basicly trying to say is, Tiep and John also know what they're talking about probly better than anyone else in the community so why take them out? and it would be stupid not to take their opinion IMO. also, i think if they were taken off the panel. eric and adam would still be asking them what they think about stuff.

So. What would be a good enough reason for taking them off?

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
LOL seriously. Having TWO brothers and ONLY the two brothers as panel list is the most stupid thing I have ever heard of. If that were to happen watch out for the MOST biased crap ever. No matter how many time people deny it and say the aren't biased in any way. That is not true. Everyone is biased in their own way.
Panel Lists are chosen from experience and people who have different views.
But it doesnt matter. I have talked to some people and this thread is useless now. I am going to have this thread closed. Get Adam or Eric to make a new one if you like but I do NOT want my name on that new PR if they make it.
But just to stay on topic of somethings. Lately please name a few tourney that I have not been a part of that Eric has been? So why arent my decisions accurate? Or Tieps as a matter.
I already know people like Keith/Roby dont like me but what ever. But saying things like "Eric this Eric that" is just throwing mud in my(our) face. Just because we dont play smash competitively anymore doesnt mean we dont know anything. Im pretty sure that im still one of the smartest smashers around and just as much a veteran as Eric/Adam.
End Story. Get off their *****.

unityole

Smash Lord
we should all play poker, 5 or 10 buy ins. or starcraft or cs

so is this thread closing? i don't see why it should be closed. its fine just to leave it alone. if keith and others really want to update it they'll have to discuss more stuff about it rather than posting their thoughts on who should be better.

maybe should leave the thread as it is for now, w/e the ranking is should stay as it is. just update thread's "up to date dates".

or maybe another option would be the panel list ppl should just have one talk and then decide. one talk as in vote and decide whos 1st - 10th spots, and gave it a final pr.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Haha this is what happens when there isn't enough Pikachu in a thread. Seeress Lee.

To put it nicely, let's just all play smash at each other's throats today. =]

AIDS

Smash Lord
I already know people like Keith/Roby dont like me but what ever.
I don't know where you get this idea.

John I know it is a group thing, but you are in charge of this thread, and we mention you, since you are the one keeping things in order.
Aswell, i am not highlighting "Erick this Eric that", and I honestly have no idea why you are assuming these things.

in that post i never said pannelist, i said "all the sugestions since the last tournament"

Tiep: I didn't have much to judge you on, I do not sugest mine as very accurate for that sake, i saw a huge improvment in Adam, and i am sorry, i see my choise could be more accurate, but unfortunatly we didn't play much =/ so i do understand my choice is probably a little in accurate in that area.

Metà

Smash Master
My idea: close this thread but still periodically update it. That's how the national US PR was run for a while. The only discussion that ever needs to take place is between panelists. It's fine to have discussions between players who aren't on the panel, but we've given that a chance, and lately it hasn't been working out. If any of the panelists have any desire to keep this running, you can get a mod to edit it for occasional updates; it shouldn't be much of a problem considering it will only be updated a few times a year.

It doesn't even have to be this thread either, since John has said he doesn't want any part of it, and I understand and respect his decision to do so. If the current panelists all (or most) agree to do this, you can start your own thread and find a mod willing to update once in a while.

That's just my thoughts though; it might be better to just ax the PR altogether.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
LOL seriously. Having TWO brothers and ONLY the two brothers as panel list is the most stupid thing I have ever heard of. If that were to happen watch out for the MOST biased crap ever. No matter how many time people deny it and say the aren't biased in any way. That is not true. Everyone is biased in their own way.
Panel Lists are chosen from experience and people who have different views.
But it doesnt matter. I have talked to some people and this thread is useless now. I am going to have this thread closed. Get Adam or Eric to make a new one if you like but I do NOT want my name on that new PR if they make it.
But just to stay on topic of somethings. Lately please name a few tourney that I have not been a part of that Eric has been? So why arent my decisions accurate? Or Tieps as a matter.
I already know people like Keith/Roby dont like me but what ever. But saying things like "Eric this Eric that" is just throwing mud in my(our) face. Just because we dont play smash competitively anymore doesnt mean we dont know anything. Im pretty sure that im still one of the smartest smashers around and just as much a veteran as Eric/Adam.
End Story. Get off their *****.
MOST biased crap ever... hmmm. I don't really agree with that statement. There may be some bias. Look at my newest list and tell me it's biased though. I think it's pretty accurate. OF course it's not good for just me and eric to be panelists, that's kinda dumb. If Eric and I were suddenly the only panelists doing this, my list would remain the same as the most recent one I posted. (perhaps spots 8-10 could change easily though). It's not a big deal though, I know u didnt' mean anything personal by it John =)

I'm starting to feel more and more sorry for john about this. We as panelists should actually talk about this though. Even though I think there's a fairly neutral concensus about the updates, we need to get some in depth debate going. Via email. As a suggestion to you John, maybe just update what most of us agree on and then we can go from there.

What I'm pretty sure at least 3/4 panelists agree on...

1. Eric
2. John
3. Manuel
4. Ryan
5. Tiep
6. Adam
7. ---
8. ---
9. ---
10. ---

Some major points I think we need to discuss:

- Taking off or keeping on Robbie Coyle
- Tony's spot vs Roby's spot. So far it looks like it's leaning towards Tony over Roby. Need some input (even as simple as posting what YOU think is the most accurate list to date) from Tiep/John on this.
- Matt, a solid 9th or not? Most people seem to think so.
-Keith & Evan probably the most suitable candidates for 10th spot. "Sion" also impressed me yesterday as well. Tiep, John, and Eric were all there to see him as well.

- If we take into consideration what I have said above, MY list would look like this right now.

1. Eric
2. John
3. Manuel
4. Ryan
5. Tiep
6. Adam
7. Tony
8. Roby
9. Robbie
10. Matt

and with Robbie off the list...

1. Eric
2. John
3. Manuel
4. Ryan
5. Tiep
6. Adam
7. Tony
8. Roby
9. Matt
10. Evan/Keith/ still unsure.

I hope this helps us to get this thing updated soon and takes a burden off John as well. It really is alot easier to make the list with taking robbie off, but this is something we have to agree on. He's stated that he doesn't care. Also, there's no legitimate length of time that's been determined for "in-active" smashers. This is another factor we must consider.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I have an idea too! We close this and wait for Tiep to get unbusy so he can finish up his program and then let cold hard stats do the talking. Like a ladder system for BC.

Seriously, this topic breeds more conflict than one page of the BC Thread.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I still think I should be over Tony. Just because he beats my fox doesn't make him above me.

You have to look around a bit to, I still do considerably well against some people compared to those higher.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
I never said I was ever aiming for 10th. I'm aiming for PR, and if I have to work my way up, so be it. All PR means to me is recognition from the top players in BC as being a good player.
Then you shouldn't care so much if they recognise you as 11th. Recognition doesn't mean you have to be on the list, the fact that you're considered should be enough.

Edit:post 555.

Patooty

Smash Ace
So I downloaded tio the other day to check how Neal saved tournaments. My original plan was to feed his save file(s) into my program and have everything magically happen automatically, but it doesn't seem like I can do that unless I ask Neal some questions about tio, which I don't really feel like doing right now.

So... this means that after every tourney, I'll have some data entry work to do and I'm trying to think up an interface that I wouldn't mind working with.

Before I throw a bunch of hours into this, I wanna know if it's even the right way to go. So far it's just been a (imo) nifty idea that I've thrown around from time to time and that Rushan supports.

Metà

Smash Master
Tournament results can be a good guideline, but some people go to less tournaments and might still be good enough to make it on the list. I don't know if whatever you're working will take that into account though (maybe average placings and stuff? i dunno).

Patooty

Smash Ace
Well, that's what it's all about. Stats vs what we have now. Which is, at it's core, opinion.

Pros and cons.

Pros:

Stats are completely unbiased.
Stats will show consistency, especially over time things will only become more and more accurate.
Tiebreakers (at least ties in our mind) are easily broken, and fairly too.
No johns, every tourney match counts. If you don't try or anything then you have issues, or don't care.
Depth - tracking every match for every player of every tournament.
Frequent updates (after every tournament)

Only tournament matches would count.

Cons:

There are things that a system can't pickup on. Players improving in between tournaments etc.. Although.. it's never updated within that time anyways lol

Another thing that the system won't be able to pick up on is bad luck. If for 5 tournaments in a row I somehow get unlucky enough to get Eric first round, and then very shortly afterwards in losers I will be scored more poorly than someone with an easier bracket who made it a good ways further. It's just bad luck though that I couldn't win a match for 5 tourneys :( ... or I suck, as the stats imply.

Relying on stats. You as a person can know that person A is better than person B, but theres a possibility for the stats to say otherwise

Only tournament matches would count.

I'm sure I've missed a bunch on both the pros, and cons side but I don't have the time to think of everything right now.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
outa curiosity how would ooc tourny results count would they work with what your making or whatsup with that?

Top Bottom