• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Smash Power Rankings! (11/3/07)

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I remember support from others as well.

Well, if you're willing to ask Neal some questions, I do know that when allisbrawl extracts tio data, it uploads who beat who. So if each person has a value associated based on their PR score, then you could assign each person a certain amount of points for beating a person better/worse than them in the program.

We could use PR to seed accordingly as well. Shouldn't be as big an issue in Double Elimination right?

Even if it's not perfect, I like it much more than this.

Evan, I think people who go to less tournaments (like me) should just realize that going to tournaments is a part of it.

Edit: What i'm really thinking of it is as a ladder + tournament fusion of sorts. I mean, if it's automated, there's no reason to stop at 10 is there?

Patooty

Smash Ace
Good point.. Another pro:

If it's automated, it can go up to a max of x players where x is the number of players who've ever played in a tournament that we track.

Con:

Programs can never be guaranteed to be bug-free.

AIDS

Smash Lord
This Program will also read the type of people you are playing against? aswell, it can not read money matches, or put anything else in consideration? This program will be taking in only limited information then, there for it will be a little off?

Humans have the ability to have better understanding, and can make a much more accurate choice, especially with the amount we have doing the PR right now.

Rampage

vx
This Program will also read the type of people you are playing against? aswell, it can not read money matches, or put anything else in consideration? This program will be taking in only limited information then, there for it will be a little off?

Humans have the ability to have better understanding, and can make a much more accurate choice, especially with the amount we have doing the PR right now.
Like tiep mentioned earlier, only tournament matches would be counted. Going by So-and-so beat this guy in a MM isn't exactly a great way to calculate things because some people do better against better players even though they lost to this one person. The way this is being thought out I say go for it. Going passed 10 is a nice idea but we shouldn't get carried away and go up to 40 or something. I say just up to 15 or possibly 20, at least this way it wont be horribly inaccurate and we could still move some people around without too much trouble.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
So I downloaded tio the other day to check how Neal saved tournaments. My original plan was to feed his save file(s) into my program and have everything magically happen automatically, but it doesn't seem like I can do that unless I ask Neal some questions about tio, which I don't really feel like doing right now.

So... this means that after every tourney, I'll have some data entry work to do and I'm trying to think up an interface that I wouldn't mind working with.

Before I throw a bunch of hours into this, I wanna know if it's even the right way to go. So far it's just been a (imo) nifty idea that I've thrown around from time to time and that Rushan supports.
I SUPPORT THE PROGRAM/IDEA TIEP AKA PATOOTY!:bee:

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Honestly, I can't see why we don't just ask Pikachu what the PR should be.

:pikachu2:
Pikachu? Charmander could **** Pikachu up any day.

Like tiep mentioned earlier, only tournament matches would be counted. Going by So-and-so beat this guy in a MM isn't exactly a great way to calculate things because some people do better against better players even though they lost to this one person. The way this is being thought out I say go for it. Going passed 10 is a nice idea but we shouldn't get carried away and go up to 40 or something. I say just up to 15 or possibly 20, at least this way it wont be horribly inaccurate and we could still move some people around without too much trouble.
Well, my idea was sorta like a ladder system where everybody is gaining/losing points on every tournament match. You would win/lose more depending on how good your opponent is relative to yourself. So everybody would already be ranked. To automate it, I think people would have to be using the same name in all the tournament tio files. I dunno how Tiep did the program though. Might be completely different.

Since the data for who you played is in the tio file, it should be possible unless data is inputted manually. It cannot read money matches. There is nothing else to take into consideration except maybe the bad luck thing, but that applies more to players really low on the list I think. Chances of someone like Tiep getting Eric and then Adam right away and being eliminated is low if we use a skill-based seeding system. Someone like me being hit by Eric and then Adam is quite a bit higher though.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
Whoa Whoa Whoa, thats one big bet there, are we talking super mana potions or super healing potions? or omg you cant mean super rejuvination potion i hope thats just WAY TO MUCH! D2 FTW

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
most Biased Crap Ever... Hmmm. I Don't Really Agree With That Statement. There May Be Some Bias. Look At My Newest List And Tell Me It's Biased Though. I Think It's Pretty Accurate. Of Course It's Not Good For Just Me And Eric To Be Panelists, That's Kinda Dumb. If Eric And I Were Suddenly The Only Panelists Doing This, My List Would Remain The Same As The Most Recent One I Posted. (perhaps Spots 8-10 Could Change Easily Though). It's Not A Big Deal Though, I Know U Didnt' Mean Anything Personal By It John =)

I'm Starting To Feel More And More Sorry For John About This. We As Panelists Should Actually Talk About This Though. Even Though I Think There's A Fairly Neutral Concensus About The Updates, We Need To Get Some In Depth Debate Going. Via Email. As A Suggestion To You John, Maybe Just Update What Most Of Us Agree On And Then We Can Go From There.

What I'm Pretty Sure At Least 3/4 Panelists Agree On...

1. Eric
2. John
3. Manuel
4. Ryan
5. Tiep
6. Adam
7. ---
8. ---
9. ---
10. ---

Some Major Points I Think We Need To Discuss:

- Taking Off Or Keeping On Robbie Coyle
- Tony's Spot Vs Roby's Spot. So Far It Looks Like It's Leaning Towards Tony Over Roby. need Some Input (even As Simple As Posting What You Think Is The Most Accurate List To Date) from Tiep/john On This.
- Matt, A Solid 9th Or Not? Most People Seem To Think So.
-keith & Evan Probably The Most Suitable Candidates For 10th Spot. "sion" Also Impressed Me Yesterday As Well. Tiep, John, And Eric Were All There To See Him As Well.

- If We Take Into Consideration What I Have Said Above, My List Would Look Like This Right Now.

1. Eric
2. John
3. Manuel
4. Ryan
5. Tiep
6. Adam
7. Tony
8. Roby
9. Robbie
10. Matt

And With Robbie Off The List...

1. Eric
2. John
3. Manuel
4. Ryan
5. Tiep
6. Adam
7. Tony
8. Roby
9. Matt
10. Evan/keith/ Still Unsure.

I Hope This Helps Us To Get This Thing Updated Soon And Takes A Burden Off John As Well. It Really Is Alot Easier To Make The List With Taking Robbie Off, But This Is Something We Have To Agree On. He's Stated That He Doesn't Care. Also, There's No Legitimate Length Of Time That's Been Determined For "in-active" Smashers. This Is Another Factor We Must Consider.
John And Tiep Please Post Your Most Up To Date Pr List So We Can Get This ****ing Thing Updated.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Fine.

1. Eric
2. John
3. Ryan
4. Tiep
5. Manuel - Actually I think he's 2nd but I haven't played him in MONTHS and for me to raise someone 3 spots just because I gave them the benefit of the doubt makes me a bad panelist.
6. Tony
7. Adam
8. Robbie
9. Roby
10. Matt

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Interesting.... this definetly makes it alot more complicated seeing as how drastically your list has changed tiep o.O. Also, I ***** tony the last 2 tournament sets I played him in, in a row, but I guess I'll just have to **** him some more :laugh:

EDIT: JUST WAITING ON JOHN NOW... >.>

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Interesting.... this definetly makes it alot more complicated seeing as how drastically your list has changed tiep o.O. Also, I ***** tony the last 2 tournament sets I played him in, in a row, but I guess I'll just have to **** him some more :laugh:

EDIT: JUST WAITING ON JOHN NOW... >.>
The john here is that Noobking is too good =p

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
PKMN STADIUM(1) 64 Moneymatch.

If it matters, Tiep, me and Robbie Coyle came 2nd a while ago...

and I beat people in fake tournament matches? lol. But either way, I think most people know how bad or how good I am, at least compared to themselves.

edit:// didn't Roby's performance last tournament give you something to think about in terms of his placement? He came 4th, didn't he? And he beat Tony, and beat Adam, no?

unityole

Smash Lord
PKMN STADIUM(1) 64 Moneymatch.

If it matters, Tiep, me and Robbie Coyle came 2nd a while ago...

and I beat people in fake tournament matches? lol. But either way, I think most people know how bad or how good I am, at least compared to themselves.

edit:// didn't Roby's performance last tournament give you something to think about in terms of his placement? He came 4th, didn't he? And he beat Tony, and beat Adam, no?
pkmn stadium 64? i assume u're saying pkmn stadium and stadiums from 64, moneymatch in melee.

Roby did good, despite of Adam's mistake. actually both players made mistakes of killing themselves off the edge, i believe all this was recorded on tape and can be played on TV.

check them out at the next tourney?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I think he means Saffron City. Pikachu vs the Charmander that comes out of Silph Co XD
I'd bet 5 Super Potions on that Charmander. Next tournament, I'll bring my Pokemon Pearl + DS. Let's do this.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Dude.. if you put me 9th I will MM those above me for all the dollas.

Lol this PR thread is failing, I'm a contributer to it.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
What if meele CPU's one day turn into DNA composed Computers and infect the WWW? and the Department of National defence? and Smashboards?

And the only way to stop them is by beating them, but they are 1/2 frame perfect and have multiple mindgames in every mindgame.

Oh and then all our best players fall, and B.C is the last place on earth with smashers left to fight them off?

I don't know what you guys will be doing but I'll be training for this day.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
cool you have fun training for that day, il go train for the day evil succubus and every super model wants to have sex with me and bill gates wants to give me his fortune for looking in his general direction and i get divine abilties and can eat without getting fat : D

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I was just at a Kim Mitchell concert.

Ergo, I'm #1 on PR of awesome, whether you understand me or not.

... I can't hear.
omg seriously? I'm going to Kim Mitchell tomorrow night in Vernon at the Funtastic Festival. How was it? Good I hope :p

Brawl PR

1 - Tony
2 - Eric

3 - David/Trozz/Liveryman/John/maybe Adam/maybe Gerald all somewhere in the top 10(ish)

That's all I could ever come up with at this point as far as people I've seen. Maybe we'll start getting an idea around Evans tourney in January. Until then, Dieslow is ****...

unityole

Smash Lord
Brawl PR

1 - Tony
2 - Eric

3 - David/Trozz/Liveryman/John/maybe Adam/maybe Gerald all somewhere in the top 10(ish)
1 - ****
2 - ryab/liverymen/clouderz/ rohin (rohin from the states right?)
3 - hitsugaya/blunted_object10/dynamism/trozz

out of those above 6-7 people, 1st is ****, then its ranked the way as it is shown.. i think.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Brawl does not get a PR cause noobs are as good as anyone (according to melee buffs) amirite? ;)
Seriously though, Rusty FTW

And Kim Mitchell is too good.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Pokemon stadium for N64 was the best.. I still remember being the most hardcore 5th grader waiting in line for that game.

Then I beat all of my friends because all they would do is powerhouse they're fully evolved with hydro pumps and fire blasts.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
What if meele CPU's one day turn into DNA composed Computers and infect the WWW? and the Department of National defence? and Smashboards?

And the only way to stop them is by beating them, but they are 1/2 frame perfect and have multiple mindgames in every mindgame.

Oh and then all our best players fall, and B.C is the last place on earth with smashers left to fight them off?

I don't know what you guys will be doing but I'll be training for this day.
No matter how perfect those CPU's are, they can't be the robot (M2K).

If, somehow, they like triple team him with pokeballs on high, FF off and stuff then I will have to start throwing down some Falcon punch's. No way could the CPU's comprehend such falcon-punch-ery after defeating M2K.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
1 - ****
2 - ryab/liverymen/clouderz/ rohin (rohin from the states right?)
3 - hitsugaya/blunted_object10/dynamism/trozz

out of those above 6-7 people, 1st is ****, then its ranked the way as it is shown.. i think.
omg seriously? I'm going to Kim Mitchell tomorrow night in Vernon at the Funtastic Festival. How was it? Good I hope :p

Brawl PR

1 - Tony
2 - Eric

That's all I could ever come up with at this point as far as people I've seen. Maybe we'll start getting an idea around Evans tourney in January. Until then, Dieslow is ****...
"I will Moneymatch ANYONE on that list. because me tied with all those people on 3rd is LOL! [except tony lol]" - John

Metà

Smash Master
I think even if I was somehow good enough to be on the Brawl PR, I wouldn't really want my name there. I mean, it's Brawl. -____-

Eh, maybe. I think I'm pretty good at the game. I mean, I am a Jigglypuff player, that game is practically made for me! XD

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
"I will Moneymatch ANYONE on that list. because me tied with all those people on 3rd is LOL! [except tony lol]" - John
If you are Gerald then I got his name wrong. I remember you being the TLink MK user that my bro faced, the guy I'm looking for uses Diddy I think lol

Maybe it's you, if you use Diddy then yeah, you're around those 3s

Jiggs is broken in Brawl :D

Edit: Nvm, I just saw the - John part. lol ok it's all yours. I didn't see any of you other than a couple doubles matches while screwing around. So I don't really know exactly, this was just an estimate.

Edit edit: I don't think I should be on that list at this point. At least I haven't proven it yet after that one tourney where I played these guys and didn't really put anything into it. So I'll MM you on the 12/13 if you like.

Rampage

vx
If you are Gerald then I got his name wrong. I remember you being the TLink MK user that my bro faced, the guy I'm looking for uses Diddy I think lol

Maybe it's you, if you use Diddy then yeah, you're around those 3s

Jiggs is broken in Brawl :D

Edit: Nvm, I just saw the - John part. lol ok it's all yours. I didn't see any of you other than a couple doubles matches while screwing around. So I don't really know exactly, this was just an estimate.
You have yet to get ***** by me. GET *****

Top Bottom