• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Smash Power Rankings! (11/3/07)

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
B.C. Canada Power Rankings!

The rankings of the BC players have been talked about for some time now. Its about time we made a B.C. Smash Power Ranking.
I hope these rankings will get people excited and try to improve themselfs knowing that they can be a top player here in B.C.
This will also help new players to figure out who are the top players in the area.

How Position is Determined

Tournaments

• Its not just how well you place in a tournament but who you play in the tournament and how well you do against them. If you clearly had the easiest bracket then it will not bump you a lot. If you had the toughest bracket and did decent in that bracket it will most likely boost you a bit.
    This is also based on Singles and Doubles and Crews..

Consistency
  • How well they do on a constant basis. If they can do good one day but the next day they are doing very bad or not. If someone does good in 1 tournament but then totally bomb their next tournament or 2 then they will most likely not be as high as they think.

Tournament Competition
  • Tournaments with full of noobs will not be counted. Only serious tournaments will be added. Tournaments with out of towners or any big names will possible count more towards your ranking.

Panel List: Hitsugaya, xXx-NoobKing-xXx, Patooty, Blunted_Object10

Change | Position | Name | Location | Mains​
Example:
^ | 1 | Gimpyfish62 | Washington | Bowser

Rankings

Please only serious discussions.
None of those "But I can beat (insert name) I should be higher then him/her!" complaints.
Think someone is poorly ranked and deserves higher or vise versa? Explain why with a serious reason.[/COLOR]

This thread WILL be closed if there is any flaming/bickering. I will personally go to a mod and tell them to close this if I see this happening or the mods might see it before I can tell them and close it themselves.

booshk

Smash Lord
lol WOW i made the list yay. :p
woulda never thought.. haha
has edmund being doing really good in tournies n stuff? :o

btw good job with the list :)

booshk

Smash Lord
Edmund has been improving a lot lately and he has more tourney experience then some people
10 - 15 will most likely change within the next few weeks.
ah icic
im gonna go sleep.. lol once again good job with list ill ttyl.

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
I live in Van City, btw.

Anyways, I think the list is about right, as of right now. The lines between Tiep and Eric/John and Ryan for 3rd and 4th/1st and 2nd are very subjective imo and could easily change based on upcoming performances.

Also, something tells me that over time, my ranking will go down. I just have a feeling that my "success" (relative term btw) has to do with the fact that nobody knows how to play G&W's/Kirby's.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
lol, looks like i'll have to win the next tourney then :lick:
Ahh, i must too. There will be lightning when we play.

Wow, has jeff gotten really good? i always put him around the skill of edmund [who is also pretty good =O]. Spite must do amazing against fox... lol i'm sure he remembers his matches against my marth =]. so when is the next tournament? what if i get sroyal first round?? hehe.

Adam, me and you are on a quest to prove ourselves. make sure troy and duong come to next tournament! i've seriously NEVER played them. Ever. and i've come to a total of at LEAST 10 smashfests+tournaments. i believe i've been to 4 or 5 tournaments. JEFFFF MONEYMATCH ME.

thanks john for putting this together. =]

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
I had actually put in my original post that you should be higher than me, Manuel, because you beat me with your Marth (several times), but then I re-examined the criteria and assumed you did poorly against the higher-end smashers :p

Yeah, I can actually do okay against Fox. The only supremely bad matchups for my character set are Peach, Falco, and Marth. Kirby can take Sheik (who ***** G&W), G&W takes Fox (who ***** Kirby), and the most of the rest of the characters can be opposed without too much of a disadvantage with one of the two.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
B.C. Canada Power Rankings!

The rankings of the BC players have been talked about for some time now. Its about time we made a B.C. Smash Power Ranking. I hope these rankings will get people excited and try to improve themselfs knowing that they can be a top player here in B.C. This will also help new players to figure out who are the top players in the area.

How Position is Determined

Tournaments - Its not just how well you place in a tournament but who you play in the tournament and how well you do against them. This is also based on Singles and Doubles.

Consistency - How well they do on a constant basis. If they can do good one day but the next day they are doing very bad or not.

Tournament Competition - Tournaments with full of noobs will not be counted. Only serious tournaments will be added.

Panel List: Hitsugaya, xXx-NoobKing-xXx, Patooty, dark_dragon8

Change | Position | Name | Location

Please only serious discussions.
None of those "But I can beat (insert name) I should be higher then him/her!" complaints.
Think someone is poorly ranked and deserves higher or vise versa? Explain why with a serious reason.

WOOOOOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO!!!! A PEACH PLAYER IS TOP DOGIN BC!

*Idolizes Hitsugaya* :)

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
me and eric should also be able to decideeeeee
tickle me Elmo
Don't worry Ryan, keep doing well in tournaments and we'll see.

Remember everyone, this list is SO ROUGH it isn't even funny. Expect anything to happen ie. Troy falling a few spaces lol. But yeah, this is a good neat idea before the Dec 16th tournament. Sweet looking too.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I had actually put in my original post that you should be higher than me, Manuel, because you beat me with your Marth (several times), but then I re-examined the criteria and assumed you did poorly against the higher-end smashers :p

Yeah, I can actually do okay against Fox. The only supremely bad matchups for my character set are Peach, Falco, and Marth.
ahh well, actually, i didn't lose a game to you as marth =P. I have NOT played Ryan or Tiep in a while, but i've played against john and adam and eric a few times. I don't think i did POORLY, per say, except Eric, who embarrased the crap out of me on my first game in front of my friend.

Last time i played john i did fairly well, but John is very good and i'd be surprised if he was actually trying hard.

I played Adam and did well against him, although we did quite a bit of fox dittos. I beat him in set before he got high once lol. I lost to him after he got high though =P the mary-j scurrs me.

I haven't 1vs1 ryan like.. EVER. i think i've played him like 2 or 3 matches. Seriously.

Last time I 1vs1 Tiep was a looong time ago, in marth dittos, and i beat him. I remember him saying that was all he could teach me, and that the rest would come in mindgames lol. No doubt he has a better marth than me though.

I beat nick consistently last time we played. He took my money in marth dittos though =O scary.

I wouldn't say I do poorly against higher-skilled players. They certainly are better than me though =O . TEAR+J are on a different level than everyone else, i think it's fair to acknowledge that. But seriously, lol.

you do poorly against marth and falco?? ahhhh darn. Welll you can take my sheik and fox, then. I played your G&W with fox, and i remember it being a really close game. gg. we gotta g&w dittos! i look forward to playing you next time.

Is there a smashfest this saturday?!?! at ERIC'S? PLEAAAAAAASE?

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Ryan im still thinking hard of if you should be on the panel just for the reason that you most of the time can't talk seriously. >.>

And sorry spite I thought you were from Richmond. I was actually thinking of Khorsan?

Jeff also hasn't been doing to bad.

Again top 3 will have a change some time and the bottom 7 or 8 or so will also change. I might be forgetting someone maybe. Top 3 is still debatable of course.
As Ryan just said he thinks its Eric, Ryan, John. I think its John, Ryan, Eric and Eric said John, Eric, Ryan. So yeah I also don't think power rankings are suppose to have ties.

I also did not add Wilfred Darius and Jeremy because they don't really play anymore.

I think IMO Jeff/Duong/Spite/Edmund/booshk should be changed somewhere I don't know where.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
No there will be no power ranking for teams. There is just to much to think about to set an actuall power rankings thats why no one ever does it. Most people don't even have a partner (ME?!) So its a bad idea.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
FALSEFALCO is a respected Alberta player.

I believe he plays falco, and wants to be eric's twin.

Also, is there a smashfest tomorrow? cuz otherwise i have absolutely NOTHING to do. and i made time for this. ... NICK? erric??

=] c'mon guys let's get in the smashing spirit!

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
nooo we must have doubles power rankings =P team purple ftw

but i guess if its too much work its too much work
we'll just let you guys know by doing well in the next bc tourney

Ryan should be #1 from what I remember.
I guess I'll see on the 16th though. :)
CREW BATTLE!!!!
btw we have 6 so...you guys pick 6 also.
ryan and eric should be panelists.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
falsefalco, I do recall Eric expressing this same wanting of you having his babies.

=P seee, i don't do poorly against you guys at ALL. just against s-royal lol.

good job spite, kirby is too good. so is kongo jungle >.>

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Okay updated the rankings. It is now really accurate.

Only thing that is not accurate is 1 - 3 and 13 - 15.
Sorry Tiep but everyone has thought that you should be 4th.

Silent Wolf we shall be ready for you! Team B.C. + S-Royal.

Eric and Ryan will soon be added to the panel list eventually. Adam might be removed since he doesn't really talk much on board or msn.

Things have been really ghey with the top 3 so Eric Ryan and Myself have come to the conclusion of putting all 3 of us at Rank 1 until the tournament is over.

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
wesleys its not about winning
cause i lose to you about.... everytime?
but i win in my dreams all the time
its experience ;)
anyway that really made no sense
im gonna go sleep for 40 min before i pick up my wii

booshk

Smash Lord
wesleys its not about winning
cause i lose to you about.... everytime?
but i win in my dreams all the time
its experience ;)
anyway that really made no sense
im gonna go sleep for 40 min before i pick up my wii
chrisssssss

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
im sry my argument has 100% success rate
im never wrong >=D
anyway im gonna stop posting here cause my posts are obviously spam

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
n0000000000000000. booshk for 16th.

booshk, edmund is pretty scary. don't forget that you're a marth and marths generally do well against peaches. Edmund has tournament experience, and he even beat my fox once, it scared me. oh wait.. no did he? ANYWAY he downsmashed me and i got hurled off REALLY far.

Beating him doesn't mean that you're better than him because he might do better against... say, john?

Just like i beat spite, lol then he pwn't me at kongo jungle, but anyway we are REALLY close but he has the upper hand because his g&w does well against the upper players. lol at least for now x.D

=] how about this. moneymatch me marth dittos for like... 1-3 dollars, and then have john watch. if you do really well you might get bumped up. or i'll get bumped down lol. if i beat you badly, then... well you have no case, because i'm barely on that list. deal?

booshk

Smash Lord

booshk, edmund is pretty scary. don't forget that you're a marth and marths generally do well against peaches. Edmund has tournament experience, and he even beat my fox once, it scared me. oh wait.. no did he? ANYWAY he downsmashed me and i got hurled off REALLY far.

Beating him doesn't mean that you're better than him because he might do better against... say, john?

Just like i beat spite, lol then he pwn't me at kongo jungle, but anyway we are REALLY close but he has the upper hand because his g&w does well against the upper players. lol at least for now x.D

=] how about this. moneymatch me marth dittos for like... 1-3 dollars, and then have john watch. if you do really well you might get bumped up. or i'll get bumped down lol. if i beat you badly, then... well you have no case, because i'm barely on that list. deal?
lol but i asked him b4 and he said he hasnt playe djohn in a while o_o or played smash in general for a while.. like near chrises tourny time.
yah okay 2 dawlaz
i have no idea how we can play tho o_o

for my 2 previous posts if i sounded angry .. well i was. not at this but at a friend lol. sry bout that and im gona edit it now cuz i dun lik how i sound on there :S

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace

It doesn't really work that way Manuel. This is not a type of tier list where if you are better than the person above you = you have a higher rank. It depends how you do against a variety of others and placings of course. If you beat Wesley then that is all fine and dandy, but it doesn't mean anyone can get bumped up due to 2 people playing.

Top Bottom