• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Smash Power Rankings! (11/3/07)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Sorry, who the **** was the Marth that he pwned then? hm...
I only saw the end of the match, maybe it was just a CPU lol jkz

seriously though Brawl PR means nada so far, 64 PR goes

JACK
Evan
Brown Town
Uda...

Metà

Smash Master
ya im pretty ****ed sure scott is second XD in 64
What did I just say? People do don't play the game competitively shouldn't be making lists. We probably won't even end up making a PR for it, but if we do it will be decided mostly through tournament results, and me and Jack would finalize it because we're the most dedicated to the game. Hell, we're pretty much the only people still trying to get better at it. -_-

Metà

Smash Master
Evan train me in 64. :]
Alright, I could do that. But, you'd probably have to come to SFU once in a while cause that's usually where I play. You'd probably catch on really quickly; I found my skills in Melee transferred over quite nicely, but I also played the game like, everyday with Jack for a few months.

Btw, your Fox is amazing in Melee. Holy sh*t, I never realized how freaking fast you and accurate you are. That was some impressive Fox skills today. I thought I was close to you in skill for a while, but I've got a few thing to work on apparently. -_-

unityole

Smash Lord
Alright, I could do that. But, you'd probably have to come to SFU once in a while cause that's usually where I play. You'd probably catch on really quickly; I found my skills in Melee transferred over quite nicely, but I also played the game like, everyday with Jack for a few months.

Btw, your Fox is amazing in Melee. Holy sh*t, I never realized how freaking fast you and accurate you are. That was some impressive Fox skills today. I thought I was close to you in skill for a while, but I've got a few thing to work on apparently. -_-
NO JOHNS, your wrist played tricks on you, but NOJOHNS

roby's fox = speedy improvement, 3 thumbs up
vanity angel's samus = young link + peach = sick combos, 3 thumbs up
adam's falcon = organsm = ****

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Yeah I wont be involved in ANY dicision making. Even regarding things that I'm heavily involved with. I'm a little twisted from the general perception of things. Nothing would get done with me involved so ignore everything I say. Well not EVERYTHING lol

I juuuuust got back from an StD and have decided my melee mains. Hurray for me, no more Random and it feels good ;)

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Evan, you're good at the game.

Just that your commitment for smash varies harshly. And commitment is the first step to anything.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi

Just that your commitment for smash varies harshly. And commitment is the first step to anything.
Exactly. For example, Rusty, he has no commitment, that's why he sucks. Then take a look at guys better than Rusty who don't suck, and you will see a much higher level of commitment. Do you see what I'm saying? I'm saying the I, Nathan, do suck at Smash.

Metà

Smash Master

I'm actually pretty dedicated to this game, and I'm always trying to improve, but I've missed a lot of tournaments lately and can't travel much for smash most of the time. Also, I tend to dedicate myself to a lot of characters rather than just my mains, but I don't want to make character johns. I've worked hard to get where I am and overall I'm glad I played a multitude of characters, because it kept the game interesting to me for a longer period of time. Believe me, playing Jigglypuff and Sheik all the time does get a little boring. >_>

I don't want to say that if I stuck with just one or two characters I would be better, because that's a hypothetical situation, and that leads to johns.

unityole

Smash Lord
I'm actually pretty dedicated to this game, and I'm always trying to improve, but I've missed a lot of tournaments lately and can't travel much for smash most of the time. Also, I tend to dedicate myself to a lot of characters rather than just my mains, but I don't want to make character johns. I've worked hard to get where I am and overall I'm glad I played a multitude of characters, because it kept the game interesting to me for a longer period of time. Believe me, playing Jigglypuff and Sheik all the time does get a little boring. >_>

I don't want to say that if I stuck with just one or two characters I would be better, because that's a hypothetical situation, and that leads to johns.
johns are great, they make you feel a lil better about yourself afterward.
i do it all the time when i lose, its addictive!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Taking action

ok, Manuel and someone else are going to be our new panelists. Manuel is HEAVILY involved in the smash community and has a good idea of where people stand so he will take Johns place as a panelist I decided. Tiep is somewhat still involved in the community so it makes sense to keep him on for now I think. John claims to have "quit smash" which I can't tell you HOW MANY TIMES I've heard people say that. Regardless, Roby and myself are going to create a new PR thread and it'll look really nice. Then we can finally get this thing updated. Expect the new thread to be up within a week or so.

MANUEL: If you could compose an updated PR list some time shortly after the tournament this weekend it would be greatly appreciated.

If Tiep doesn't send me an updated list then I will assume his most recently posted list is accurate for him. Eric and myself will also have newly updated lists after this weekend and you can all expect an up to date PR list by next week some time. =)

Cheers,

-Adam

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
No hard feelings at all, of course. It's understandable how people might be too busy to deal with something as trivial as Smash PR.

I am pretty active and since I'm on break from school, I actually have a little time to commit to it. Let Eric be the one to make the thread, Adam.

edit: why not instead of locking this thread, turn it into the Brawl PR? Since John probably has a good knowledge of that anyway?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
No offence to Eric here, but he isn't exactly the most computer-savvy user on here. I'll have Roby with me to make sure everything looks good on the new thread. I can also ensure you all that I will be responsible and consistent with MORE updates MORE often and I also promise to keep consistency with the panelists inputs as a whole and not just my own.

:)

Patooty

Smash Ace
If we're gonna have a new thread w/ new panelists, I suggest pretty much starting over with everything. Long time PR people have gotten way to comfortable in their spots "just because". People are pretty much "defaulted" to at least a certain spot now.

The way I will contribute to the new PR:

I'm going to base my new list -MOSTLY- on this next tournament. I'm not gonna be stupid and go against my better judgement for the most part, but my new list will be made mostly based on this next tournament and tournaments going forward. So there might be a huge difference in my new list depending on what I see.

Edit: I encourage the other panelists to do the same so we can get off to a nice fresh start.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
ok, Manuel and someone else are going to be our new panelists. Manuel is HEAVILY involved in the smash community and has a good idea of where people stand so he will take Johns place as a panelist I decided. Tiep is somewhat still involved in the community so it makes sense to keep him on for now I think. John claims to have "quit smash" which I can't tell you HOW MANY TIMES I've heard people say that. Regardless, Roby and myself are going to create a new PR thread and it'll look really nice. Then we can finally get this thing updated. Expect the new thread to be up within a week or so.

MANUEL: If you could compose an updated PR list some time shortly after the tournament this weekend it would be greatly appreciated.

If Tiep doesn't send me an updated list then I will assume his most recently posted list is accurate for him. Eric and myself will also have newly updated lists after this weekend and you can all expect an up to date PR list by next week some time. =)

Cheers,

-Adam
FINALLY... lol looking forward to the thread.

Metà

Smash Master
I think the biggest thing the PR would benefit is seeding at tournaments. That's what the PR should really be used for. I mean, for most people the incentive is there to improve and see their name on the PR, and of course that's been my main goal in competitive Smash; I just want to be recognized and respected by the community so I work hard to improve my skills (and hopefully get some money out of it eventually >_>).

That's why I think it might also be good to go past 15. I think that the top 15 players would be deserved of a higher seed, since they would represent the players who are dedicated to the game and go out to tournaments. Of course, the main problem with increasing the number is that it's harder to distinguish between places, the more people you have. That being said, it doesn't really matter for the bottom 5-7 as much, because they're likely to be around the same skill level, and if they were actually placing top 3 or so in tournaments, they would be higher on the list, and would distinguish themselves from the others.

Just my thoughts and opinions, take them how you will.

Top Bottom