• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
OK, here is today's puzzle.

Puzzle #2

15 Picarats

You are given 4 cards:

[] [] [] []

The cards follow these conditions:

-The spade is either on the far right or the far left.
-The diamond is to the left of the spade.
-The club is not next to the diamond.
-The club is to the right of the spade.

Now, while following these conditions, where is the card with the heart?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Correct! Due to the conditions I've given you, it is impossible for any one of these four cards to be a heart card. The actual order is:

[spade] [diamond] [spade] [club]

I never said that each card had to be of a different suit. One needs to pay attention to wording if one wants to solve a puzzle. =)

:069:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
^^^ This.

Is why I hate Yoshi mains. They give you a situation, and then you realize that none of the answers you have are the right answer because you're looking @ a big ******** dinosaur which is completely absurd anyways.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
How many puzzles do I have to solve to get you guys to come to Kingsville next weekend? :D

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Kingsville is wayyyyy the hell down there, isn't it?

And bored, there are far worse stages for Olimar to master. Two of them are actually legal much of the time. ><;
Fortunately, nobody knows about them because the Olimar board is a ninja village filled with secrets that nobody must ever see.
RC is usually the least offensive "bad" stage.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Correct! Due to the conditions I've given you, it is impossible for any one of these four cards to be a heart card. The actual order is:

[spade] [diamond] [spade] [club]

I never said that each card had to be of a different suit. One needs to pay attention to wording if one wants to solve a puzzle. =)

Oh, I thought there would be 2 spades at first but then i figured that there HAD to be a heart, DX i knew it was possible for it not to be possible to have a heart

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922

And bored, there are far worse stages for Olimar to master. Two of them are actually legal much of the time. ><;
Fortunately, nobody knows about them because the Olimar board is a ninja village filled with secrets that nobody must ever see.
Uh... Frigate and FD?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
By the way, would any of the Austin guys going to HOBO 28 like to team for regular doubles?
I feel like kind of a skank for never asking you guys first and choosing instead to partner with random strangers. :<

EDIT: LMAO at FD for a bad Olimar stage
And Frigate is PRETTY bad, but it's useful against certain characters.

EDIT 2: Stop censoring my non-curse words, SWF. DX

EDIT 3: It's so nice out again today. Surprising to see true Autumn weather when it's still three days away. ^_^

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I dunno, I do better on FD against Olimar than I do with the other neutrals.

Is the other one Delfino? Lylat?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Shaun, a lot of people prefer teaming with OoC players since it's fun to team with different people.

So don't feel bad for not asking Austin first! :)

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I will team with you Shaun.
O-kay. Didn't know you were going, too. ^^

And Polt, FD gives Olimar a LOT of room to run away and camp.

Delfino is one of Olimar's best stages for a large number of reasons I won't get into (for example, the main platform gives him a 20% Purple pluck rate and the shallow water gives him a 40% Blue pluck rate and a 0% red pluck rate).

Lylat gives a ton of Yellows and doesn't really affect his recovery. The slopes and tilting REALLY affect his smashes and grabs (Fsmashing up a slope makes your hitbox disappear as soon as you use the move and fsmashing down one makes your hitbox stay out for a little longer; also, his grab hitbox travels along the ground, soooo...), but that can be used to your advantage if you really pay attention to the way the stage is tilting.

TL;DR - No and no.

Seeing as how your board is all old and crusty, where are you supposed to take Yoshi?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Yep.
If that one side of Frigate didn't gives us the **** so hard, it would be an incredible stage with that pluck percentage. :<
It's still useful against certain characters, though.

EDIT: What is "Stone"?

EDIT 2: NVM, found it

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
O-kay. Didn't know you were going, too. ^^

And Polt, FD gives Olimar a LOT of room to run away and camp.

Delfino is one of Olimar's best stages for a large number of reasons I won't get into (for example, the main platform gives him a 20% Purple pluck rate and the shallow water gives him a 40% Blue pluck rate and a 0% red pluck rate).

Lylat gives a ton of Yellows and doesn't really affect his recovery. The slopes and tilting REALLY affect his smashes and grabs (Fsmashing up a slope makes your hitbox disappear as soon as you use the move and fsmashing down one makes your hitbox stay out for a little longer; also, his grab hitbox travels along the ground, soooo...), but that can be used to your advantage if you really pay attention to the way the stage is tilting.

TL;DR - No and no.

Seeing as how your board is all old and crusty, where are you supposed to take Yoshi?
Hm, I can't think of any other stage, then. Pictochat, maybe? At least I was right about Frigate, but I hate that stage so I wouldn't take Olimar there anyways. :laugh:

I think Olimar's best stage against Yoshi is Halberd. Up-smash is so ridiculous there....

Of course, if I banned that (which I will), then I guess you could take Yoshi to Brinstar. The stage in general doesn't work too well with Yoshi, and it's small, so yeah... :dizzy:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
FUUUUUUUUU
I hate Brinstar. T_T

Who said you were right about Frigate? I said it was "PRETTY bad", not "**** that stage". :p
And Pictochat is good for Olimar. His disjointed throws and moves makes for fun shenanigans with the various stage gimmicks.

The two "really bad" stages I was referring to were PS2 and Port Town.
Seriously, **** those stages. DX
I know how I'm supposed to play on PS2, but I still want to start throwing rocks at people when someone picks that stupid stage.

And this is completely unrelated, but the worst stage in the game for him is the Summit. He actually has a funny glitch there that makes him freeze when he grabs sometimes. XP

Also, don't waste your ban on Halberd.
I'm going to be CPing Frigate now that I know you don't like going there. :p

Reizilla

Hmmm, I think it takes about 5 hours to drive from here to Austin. I guess that would be kind of far. About same distance as Dallas, no?

Reizilla

No way? You must drive fast or something. Meh, I always suck with that stuff.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, I mean I live in Dallas so I've driven to Austin and back plenty of times. Unless you count average highway speed of 70 speeding, then it's really not so bad.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
FUUUUUUUUU
I hate Brinstar. T_T

Who said you were right about Frigate? I said it was "PRETTY bad", not "**** that stage". :p
And Pictochat is good for Olimar. His disjointed throws and moves makes for fun shenanigans with the various stage gimmicks.

The two "really bad" stages I was referring to were PS2 and Port Town.
Seriously, **** those stages. DX
I know how I'm supposed to play on PS2, but I still want to start throwing rocks at people when someone picks that stupid stage.

And this is completely unrelated, but the worst stage in the game for him is the Summit. He actually has a funny glitch there that makes him freeze when he grabs sometimes. XP

Also, don't waste your ban on Halberd.
I'm going to be CPing Frigate now that I know you don't like going there. :p
You said that two of Olimar's worst stages are normally tourney-legal. I'll give you PS2, but since when is Port Town "normally" legal? >_>

Also, just because I don't like Frigate doesn't mean I can't play there. It's actually one of Yoshi's better stages. =)

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I've seen it legal at like... three tournaments so far.
That's a lot in my eyes.

Still going to pick Frigate.
I want you nice and uncomfortable and the extra yellows/purples don't hurt (mainly yellows). >:p

Don't argue with me, Ricky. I'm the mightiest Berserker in all the realm.

Top Bottom